PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official News and Discussion Topic

Re: 360 Gameplay Impressions

danhammer said:
he's saying that he thinks pes6 isn't very good and if we boycott it then they will have to improve pes7...not once does it say that all future pes games will be pants

He told someone off for predicting the future of Fifa - and then he said next years PES will suck if people buy this years. If that isn't hypocritical I don't know what is ;)

PES 360 - Opinions and Reviews

Throughout the PES/WE series some very poor, boring players have been exploiting a certain technique that pretty much provides a guaranteed goal or very excellent chance. I think of these goals as poor cheap goals which require little effort or skill to score. These goals normally come from the opponents player running down the wing, doing a cut back and squaring the ball to someone for a shot the usually goes in. Also even just running parallel with the 18 yard line and then cutting back and shooting into the far corner. I am sure many other people will know what i am talking about! Seabass is aware of this problem and he stated that he would try to fix it for PES6 but it appears that he was unsuccessful or else he lied and just didnt bother. Take a look at these two videos and you will see what i am talking about. Particularly the 1st video:

http://www.vsocial.com/video/?d=51864

http://www.vsocial.com/video/?d=51869

Also in many of the videos i have seen the defender A.I looks extremely poor and it looks as bad as defending in WE10 if not worse!

Re: Seabass Lied! Easy goals still possible

shamnex said:
cos of one goal?
dude you have'nt played it yet
Fair enough but i can imagine my mate scoring plenty of goals like this against me when i do get this game!

Re: PES6 (X360) Review & 13 videos showing edit mode, goals, balls etc

From http://www.pesfan.com/bulletin/showthread.php?t=139719

Bonessi said:
In a similar vein to the PS2 thread posted by Dragonskin, we refs now have copies of the 360 version. We put down some of the most commonly asked questions/discussion points we've seen, are there any you'd like answering?

What do you want to know?

In no order...

Main Menu / Modes: (click here for video)
Match
Master League
League - Italian, Dutch, Spanish, French, English, International
Cup - Reebok, International, European, African, American, Asia-Oceanian, Konami
Xbox Live
Training
Edit
Data
System Settings
Credits

Button Config: (click here for video)
Fully customisable

Online modes: (click here for video)
Player Match
Ranked Player Match Only,
No lobby, can't seem to get a friend to play from friends list, unless this was me.

After playing it offline, online is just slowed down, there's no jumping or teleportation like PES5 though.

Licences:
Empty slots - NONE
Other leagues A and B, includes Celtic

Stadia: (click here for video)
Stade Louis II
Orange Arena
Teatro Blanco (Old Trafford I think)
San Siro
Stadio Olimpico
Santiago Bernabeu
Catalonia Stadium
Antlion Colosseum

Editing: (click here for video)
Player editing only can change existing players to make own updates
Can't transfer in or out

Replays:
Cannot save them online or offline. They are long though :undecide:

Balls: (click here for video)
14 different balls, (inc PES 2002 and PES 2003)

Gameplay:
Very smooth overall, I like it, seems slower than WE10, but more precise, shooting from distance is difficult, goals have to be 'worked'. Very nice and the reason why I shall be playing this for a long time.

camera angles:
Seem slightly different to ps2 (i.e. wide is wide from pes 2/3 and normal long is actually quite close)

Slowdown:
Yes it exists, but only on corners (found by chip, I've not seen this) and when player is lining up to take free-kick (found by Bones)
Not major at all imo as I haven't seen it since the first game I played :undecide: on any corners or free kicks

Graphics:
PS2 PES6 via scart to CRT TV - Excellent
PS2 PES6 via scart to LCD TV - Poor, don't knwo what happened there.
360 PES6 via component to LCDTV - Excellent (crisp, clear etc).

My point is that I cannot compare my lcd 360 version side by side to the ps2 version running on a crt tv, but I doubt if there is a massive amount of difference apart from a smart polish and shine you expect from 720p. However, comparing my 360 version to the ps2 version on lcd, there is a massive difference.

Commentary:
You are able to select in-game text as English and commentary as Spanish. I thought this might have been left out, but it's there :D

Unlockables:
Classic England (I won Konami Cup with England, imagine you have to do the same with all other classic teams (Italy, Argies, Brazil, Holland, Germany, France etc) Cannot be played on xbox live with these teams

Unlockable Acheivements
Right, more info: XBOX Acheivements, 23 in total:
- 10 online matches
- First Online Match
- Won the Serie A
- Won the Eredivisie
- Won the Liga Espanola
- Won the Ligue 1
- Won the England League
- Won the International League
- Won the Reebok Cup
- Won the International Cup
- Won the European Cup
- Won the African Cup
- Won the American Cup
- Won the Asia-Oceanian Cup
- Won the Konami Cup
- Won the Master League: Div.2
- Won the Master League: Div.2 Cup
- Won the Master League: Div.1
- Won the Master League: Div.1 Cup
- 100 Online matches
- 10 Online matches won
- 50 Online matches won
- 100 online matches won

Niggles:
Throw-ins (not major, could have been made better) Bit oif a mess: it just 'cuts' to the player taking the throw-in, no animation of the players getting the ball and picking it up.
No button change in game
No replay saves
Removal of quick scroll (when changing players in and out of your starting 11)

Videos

Spurs 1-0 Arsenal (Defoe)
WATCH HERE

Spurs 2-0 Arsenal (Chimbonda)
WATCH HERE

Spurs 2-0 Arsenal (1st Half)
WATCH HERE

Spurs 2-0 Arsenal (2nd Half)
WATCH HERE

**NEW VIDEOS** 22/10/2006

LAMPARD VS BRAZIL
Nice goal by Lamps. After receiving the ball from Lennon, he finds the top corner.

ROBINSON VS BRAZIL
This video shows how keepers have improved on shot stopping, with nice one-handed saves.

ROONEY VS ITALY
This shows the new 'outside-foot' shot technique. Animation is excellent.

BECKHAM VS REP. IRELAND
A nice shot from Becks which looks very realistic. This one hits the bar.

OWEN VS JAMES
Long range effort half-volley training ground goal here. Thought some would like to see!

LAMPARD VS HOLLAND
A shot from Lamps which hits both the bar and post!

OWEN VS HOLLAND
A cool finish from Owen after being put through on goal.

CROUCH VS SWEDEN
Header by Crouch after a Walcott shot hits the bar.

ROONEY VS BULGARIA
A sweet finish into the top corner from Rooney. Another example of the classy side-foot shot.

Thanks to Ryespurs for the videos

What I'm saying is that if people buy PES6, which is very little change, then Konami will think it's okay to do... Well, exactly what I've said in my signature. That is to say, that they will think that it's okay to make very little changes.

FIFA 07 on the 360 is, compared with any other FIFA game, seemingly created by a different company, in a different world. It is so far improved from all of the other FIFAs it does not play anything LIKE a previous FIFA. Now maybe PES doesn't have to be such a revolution, but for them to try would be nice, rather than go "let's stick with what we know; play with the speed of the game and make the crowd 3D", letting some horrible bugs (sluggish responses to say the least) develop in the process.

I'm not, by the way, saying that there's anything wrong with buying the game, if you like it. And if you're fine with there only being very little changes because you think the gameplay is practically perfect (which is, in my opinion, a dim view, as so much could be added to the game), then great, you'll love it. But what I am saying is that, if you agree, then I would plead with you not to buy it (or at least to buy a second-hand copy) so that Konami get the point.

Obviously you don't agree so that's fair enough.

Last edited:

My friends and I called it " a hockey goal" because it's look like penalty corner in field hockey. Yeah, it still possible, but i think it is not much as before. sometime defenders can still block it, sometime the strikers shoot wide or balloons it.Defenders are more reliable this time to try to intercept it. but another problem is the keeper like to rush out automaticaly. It make me insane!

God, I hate it when that happens. But saying that, I suppose it's not like it can't happen in real football.

Jack Bauer said:
God, I hate it when that happens. But saying that, I suppose it's not like it can't happen in real football.
Yeah it is very annoying! Also it wouldnt happen in real football as often as it would in PES games tho!

Jack Bauer said:
What I'm saying is that if people buy PES6, which is very little change, then Konami will think it's okay to do...

Yeah, it's ok for me. Gameplay has changed quite a bit since PES5. And yes, no revolutionairy changes, but I agree with the saying "never change a winning team". I didn't play WE10. And it's not fair to compare this game to WE10, since this is the first release since PES5 in Europe.

Those changes + HDTV support are worth it for me.

Well that's fair enough, can't argue with that. In my opinion though, as I've just (swiftly) edited, the "never change a winning team" view is a dim view in my personal opinion, as so much could be added to the game. No game is perfect, and when so much could be added, it kills me to see that they're happy enough to change 2% of the game (1% good, 1% sluggish response times) and then have the audacity to call it all-new and charge 100% of the price.

But if you think it's great then that's fair enough and you'll have another good year of Pro Evo.

Worse is the cheap free kicks. People just pass when having a direct free kick, shoot and score.

PES 360 - Opinions and Reviews

I have only just joined this forum and have read a couple of opinions on PES6 Xbox360 and from what I can see, people hate it! Is the game that bad??? why?

Re: What have they done to PES!!!

I've just cancelled my order. not worth risking 40 buff, i'll rent it first instead.

I've also heard you cant invite friends for a game. Couple that with the stripped down version, kak licenses (the balls are awful) and you begin to see we are getting nothing but an avergae game. Would rather play my patched version of We 10 on PS2

Gamst said:
Worse is the cheap free kicks. People just pass when having a direct free kick, shoot and score.

dont give free kicks away in dangerous areas? lol

To be fair, he's hit that with Lampard...who can hit them from there.

Better closing down maybe?

Re: [PES6 XBOX 360 Junka's Hands on pes6 review] pics and vidz

Well after playing this for 2 days now i just can't stop playing it i think it's just fantastic and now i can put my PS2 away until JL-10 at least, Yet when i first started playing yesterday i didn't know what to think of it, yeah top notch visuals very sharp and i think the pitches look amazing, looks like real grass, but getting used to the gamepad and the different camera - the default view seems farther away than the default PS2 view and then the speed of the game, it also felt strange and slow. Although both of these may be done to the fact we are playing the first proper WS version (not counting PSP) as i have always played PES3 onwards on a WS telly so that always tends to feel playing a faster than it actually is.

So all in all i am very happy now and i find the gamplay better than the PS2 version,everything feel more fluid, passing is crisp all the animations are now more visible than on PS2. The negatives well there are a few, No WE-Shop only 8 Stadia and no full editing to be add then add that to no patches in the near future on 360, so then it's down to want you want from it..

every single player I play against constantly try this. They choose Inter, Brazil or Man Utd and start to play down the side. I crush them in skills, because they can't keep the ball in their team. To master PES you have to learn to controll, by this I mean changing players quickly, using super cancel, and using manual passing and good positioning. Most matches I play feels like hockey, not football. And most of the negative comments about the 360 version are probably from players that think that the only way to score is to play a through ball,cutback, or getting a free kick. I love PES because
you have the freedom to recreate almost every goal done in real football. like Zidanes goal for Real Madrid in the Champions League final a couple of years ago, where he get the ball on his chest and smashes it into the goal.
I like to build up, get players in the penalty area and go for a volley, rather than doing a cutback. So I really don't care if people on this board buy Fifa, I'll still enjoy my PES.
I play FOOTBALL not hockey

csaunders said:
jesus christ, EA HAS BEEN DOING THIS SINCE THEY HIT IT BIG WITH MADDEN!!! In a slightly different way, not improving gameplay but tweaking presentatin.
They havent even tried to change the shit gameplay until this year, because konami gave them a run for there money. Now you guys are claiming konami is the company trying to rip you off... Matthew not so much you, but jack bauer has totally told konami to fuck off after playin there games for years, and now is a huge fifa fan, a company in EA which has been fucking over fans for years, jack, mark my words, IN THREE YEARS FIFA 2010 WILL BE THE EXACT SAME SHIT AS FIFA 07. NOW THAT FIFA HAS PEOPLE LIKE YOU HOOKED, THEY WONT DO SHIT BUT ADD MORE LEAGUES AND MORE LICENSED TEAMS! While konami will actually try and improve the most important thing, gameplay....

Let me make it clear, I am not a fan of EA.....I used to hate
anything called FIFA since 2000-01 when I first started playing ISS PE1/2
on the PS1, and then WE5FE, 6,7...10 in the last 5 years. I used to
avoid anything from EA because I was hooked on to WE from Konami....
But I would always check to see if EA improved their FIFA, and sure
enough I would be disappointed and stick to my favourite WE title.

All I ever wanted was a good football simulation (gameplay & licenses
& audio & graphics). Konami's gameplay gave me a lot of satisfaction
inspite of the lack of other stuff.

BUT, I think Konami have not been giving us the best since the last
few releases. WE10 was the most disappointing for me....
And seeing how PES 6 on the 360 has turned out, it's not a good
alternative anymore.
And coincidentally EA have spent a lot of time and effort in coming
out with a good game in FIFA 07 X360.
So this year I will go with FIFA 07, not because I'm a fan of EA.
Sure their FIFA sucked till this year for me....but I'm only the fan
of the better footy game... not the company who makes it.

If Konami improve next year, with even more realistic gameplay
and get more teams, licenses, single-player modes....then I will
switch back.....

Re: What have they done to PES!!!

Jess C said:
Some of the comments I've heard on here have a "KONAMI deliberately fobbed off 360 owners" tone, I don't believe that. As a matter of fact, I'm very much looking forward to this game.

Me too mate. As for people saying 'EA have got it right this year' - rubbish! I played the demo to death and it still feels 'arcadey'. In my opinion,

Jack Bauer said:

Same here, it's so annoying to see that happen....when I see the CPU
do that, I know it's almost surely a goal.

I was playing on the FIFA 07 PS2, and tried this cutback, but the player's
momentum would not let you just flip directions so easily...maybe more
realistic....but I'm sure they also have other sweet spots.

I agree with the above post. I want the best football game to play and I truely believe it will be FIFA this year.

And as for your sig....

I think its more a case of : Poor Effort Seabass

Well, this year anyway. Im hoping that PES7 will bring me back

Re: PES6 (X360) Review & 13 videos showing edit mode, goals, balls etc

PES Fan DOES NOT want to work for me.

Re: Is PES 360 version that bad???

MarkGLyons said:
I have only just joined this forum and have read a couple of opinions on PES6 Xbox360 and from what I can see, people hate it! Is the game that bad??? why?

I think it's a great game... lots of people in this forum are Playstation fanboys who never played PES6 on 360, they can't stand the simple fact that the best version of PES (next-gen version) is only on Xbox 360...

I'm not a fanboy.
cheers!

mathewsss said:
Same here, it's so annoying to see that happen....when I see the CPU
do that, I know it's almost surely a goal.

I was playing on the FIFA 07 PS2, and tried this cutback, but the player's
momentum would not let you just flip directions so easily...maybe more
realistic....but I'm sure they also have other sweet spots.

Oh come on Guys, its not only this one goal that happens is PES6 and especialy on the 360! The most Important thing is we talk about next gen!
Can someone tell me if he has seen next gen AI on PES6-360??? i will answer: no its the same shit AI as in pes6 on ps2! But here the playermoves and the Ballphysics kill the fun! Only direct shoots after passing are rockets, the ball is to heavy,shoots dont have enough power, the playermoves are to slow and you can feel that after pushing the button ita takes some time the player makes the move! thats crappy big shit!
i am very disapointed, i wanted so much a great PES6 on my new 360......!
And believe me i am not newbie ia have played every footi game that have come oout the last 20 years! But this one is only disapointing, Konami could do more with the 360 but they didnt! this is a "i must come out quickly game"!Also Fifa will not be Perfekt, but it give us the chance to see something other that is good and not every year the same and the same!

Re: Anyone actually LIKE PES6 on 360?

wel i havent played the ps2 version, but i hope for their sakes it doesnt.

Ive played about 15 games online now, and some of the the goals ive scored/had scored against me are pathetic. Ill aim one way, it goes the other. One goal i walked straight past the keeper and he didnt even move!!! Of course i wouldnt normallt try to do this but the button lag did it for me!

Needless to say im am very very very disappointed in this game - ROLL ON FIFA!!!

Back
Top Bottom