PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official News and Discussion Topic

Re: Seabass Lied! Easy goals still possible

yer these goals were harder in pes5 than they were in pes4, pes4 you could do it every single time, where i found in pes 5 the player sumtimes missed or the defender cut it out sumhow.
Agen it could be harder this year but obv still possible. You cant stop it completely cos that just takes the realism out of it, cos lets be fair you still see teams on tv score goals like this.

Re: What have they done to PES!!!

well IMO there is no more of an arcadey game than pes6 on xbox 360

it truly is a joke

I love pro evo games, maybe pro evo 5 was a little update too er. little, but oevrall the games gave me a good game, for multiplayer gaming. Ive not played masters league since pes 3. I just grew bored of it, but the core gameplay was excellent.

I got bored however of pes5 after about 6 months of it, something i thought i would never do. Now though i just cant get myself to get excited about pes6 - Even on the next gen of console.. Its just more of the same, but more arcadey and more things that arent included to moan about.

When i played fifa 07, it offered me something that ive not had from a football game since pes2. Dont ask me what exactly it is, but im excited about fifa07. You just dont know what your going to get with them, it may be crap, if thats the case ill take it back. But at least your going to get something that is different. Pes just sits on the fence and only improves things konami can be arsed to do. As jack bauer said, i dont want to play the same game ive already got with a few new bells on. In other words you know exactly whats coming with the new pes

For me - pes6 on the xbox360 was the last chance for koanmi to prove me wrong that they arent numpties. Instead, all the bad things that you hear about them being lazy seem to be justified.

Luckily for me EA have got their act together with the new fifa. Becuase if fifa wasnt any good, i would be stuck with a game that i have been broed with for the last 6 months (pes5) because i wont be playing pes6. I was lucky to get a free copy, but i certainly wouldnt pay for it.

Konami say they listen to the fans of the game, but they dont.

Last edited:
Re: PES6 (X360) Review & 13 videos showing edit mode, goals, balls etc

The nets are awful,no replay saves, no edit,8 stadiums,crap commentary,same menu music etc etc etc.

I think i will give this one a miss-FIFA for me for the first time in 6 years.

i think everyones being too negative just cos theres not an edit mode really. They reckon theyve concentrated more on gameplay and most people who talk sense have said its great so people should shut up. Most wont even have played it yet, and no matter how much it myt disapoint, there is no chance i would ever go back to fifa over it, that game lacks the most important thing in modern football... Pace, Acceleration, Top Speed, Sprinting ability. The best players always have this quality and yet they are made to look average on fifa.

Official PES6 Reviews Thread

Thought I would start a new thread to put all of the current PES6 360 Reviews into one topic and clear up this forum a tad

El Diego said:
PES Fan DOES NOT want to work for me.

Ditto. Although I blame my ISP more than anything, they fucking suck and barely load pages (Tiscali)

Dr Force said:
The nets are awful,no replay saves, no edit,8 stadiums,crap commentary,same menu music etc etc etc.

I think i will give this one a miss-FIFA for me for the first time in 6 years.

You're opting to go for Fifa because of crap nets, no replay saves, no extensive edit mode, 8 stadiums, crap commentary, same menu music as well as other little things ahead of gameplay and graphics?

I'd never choose better nets, replay saves, extensive edit mode, more than 8 stadiums, better commentary, different menu music as well as other little things ahead of gameplay and graphics.

Not to say that I'm not disappointed in Konami because I am.

Re: PES 360 - Opinions and Reviews

Don't poste here often but felt compelled to write...a mate was over last night & we gave the 360 version a proper grilling. We came to a very overwhelming conclusion....

The 360 version is PES 5 minus.

This game is totally different from PES 6 on the PS2 & I do mean they are two completely different games. It's juttery, un-responsive, not fluid & rather cumbersome to play. We had them running side by side last night & the difference is just startling, the PS2 version looks faaaar better; way better player likeness-es, way better animations & way better gameplay.

We've been playing WE10 for the last 6 months so it'll be hard for me to make a comparison to PES5, but there was a huge leap from PES5 to WE10; the ball became free-er, bounced around a lot more realistically between players & most of all became a much more fluid affair. This is all gone in the 360 version.

Imagine if you will this scenario...

One development team were given the task, a year ago, of coming up with the next gen version of PES. They took the xbox version of PES5 & went off on their own to jazz up it's graphics, a job they've done pretty well in all honesty, beautiful grass, nice stadiums, more detail in the players, high dynamic range effects & widescreen... lovely. But in the process they've somehow fucked up the gameplay of PES5 & made it more clunky. No time to fix that, get it out, no-one will notice. All the while the main team are evolving & refining the proper game to produce the real PES6 on the PS2/PC.

If you want a "PES type" game with good graphics & widescreen then you're going to like this. If however you want the latest installment of the great game then you're not getting it by buying the 360 version. That's what rankles me, they've put PES6 on the wrapper & you assume you're getting PES6... well you're not. Not at all.

Mate & me are agreed 100% on this, widescreen does not make up for the difference in gameplay, we played half a world cup last night before turning it off & moving to a 20" TV & the PS2.

You pays yer money & takes yer choice but for us it's a huge dissapointment..... PC version is still king.

PMF

Re: Anyone actually LIKE PES6 on 360?

danhammer said:
have you actually played fifa though, how does it play bad???

Yes I have played it... sorry but didn't like it at all. On the other hand, next-gen FIFA07 for the 360 is very cool.

Cheers!

Re: PES 360 - Opinions and Reviews

Bombdogs said:
This game is totally different from PES 6 on the PS2 & I do mean they are two completely different games. It's juttery, un-responsive, not fluid & rather cumbersome to play. We had them running side by side last night & the difference is just startling, the PS2 version looks faaaar better; way better player likeness-es, way better animations & way better gameplay.

We've been playing WE10 for the last 6 months so it'll be hard for me to make a comparison to PES5, but there was a huge leap from PES5 to WE10; the ball became free-er, bounced around a lot more realistically between players & most of all became a much more fluid affair. This is all gone in the 360 version.

What absolute twaddle. These PES forums are getting worst by the day.

:lol:

Re: PES6 360 - Reviews, Opinions and Vids

Have you played both versions? & you think they're both the same? lol.

Condescend away, keep your blinkers on & enjoy whatever you want to get out of it. The 360 version is not the latest version of PES tho.

PMF

El Diego said:
I heard they are bad.

Extremely. I've been put under scrutiny for the allegedly abusing their fair usage policy (Unlimited download limit, eh?), problem being, I've been downloading about as much as I did with BT when I had a 30gb download limit. :shock:

I'm not the only person this has happened to either, try going to their forum and you won't read a good message about them. Going back to BT anyway, this should be cut off any day now. You're all gonna' miss me for about a week. ;)

Anywho, PESfan loaded now.

Vids didn't make the game look all that bad, it seems the reviewer favors it too. Bah, it seems to be one you'd have to try before you decide on how it is. So yeah, i'll be renting it.

Re: PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official Reviews, Opinions and Vids Topic

someone please answer; can you edit player faces in the 360 version?
In a review they said you could create players, so that have to mean you can change how they look right? not only height

FleaFly said:
someone please answer; can you edit player faces in the 360 version?
In a review they said you could create players, so that have to mean you can change how they look right? not only height

Apparently not. God knows what that reviewer was smoking.

Re: 360 Gameplay Impressions

Jack Bauer said:
Yeah, bravo; PES has changed two or three things and FIFA 07 on the 360 is a totally different game from anything they've ever done before. EA are clearly the bastards in this equation.

I love the way the above post is based on future projection, "mark my words FIFA 2010 will be the exact same shit as FIFA 07". I'm amazed at how people can see into the future, unfortunately it wasn't an ability I was born with and so all I can do is assess what is out now. And in my opinion, PES6 is a sluggish, horrible clone of PES5, and FIFA 07 is the first of a revolution in football game terms.

You play what you want, though. Whatever makes you happy. This is a PES board so the majority won't be ready for change anyway. Have fun whatever you choose.
jack your missing my point, I HAVE NEVER BOUGHT A BAD VERSION OF PES. Every version of fifa since RTWC 98 has been an utter pile of shit, not worth even playing 10 times. I have gotten hours and hours of gameplay out of PES. Konami has never put a shit product out. EA have done it for 8 years running... SO YES EA ARE THE BASTARDS IN THE EQUATION. All EA have done is try and copy PES gameplay and add in the "perfect passing system" that all of you guys seemend to love(which is just scripted gameplay, you guys are two in love to admit it)... So what really has happend here is that EA's grubby wallet was alot less empty then in years past, because of konami, so what they decided to do, is copy PES gameplay and controls, throw in all of the licenses they already own, add some great online features, and now you havea fifa engine for 2007-2015... eight years of low development costs, no new gameplay or engine changes, and new licenses every year to fool the fools, cause there piping out the same game=HUGE PROFITS FOR EA!! So every year all your going to get added is probably the Khazakiztan Premier league and roster transfers for $60. I will take tweaks to the greatest football engine ever made for video games, coupled with a patched PES or WE anyday, over what those money grubbing sons of bitches over at EA put out each year.

And you call EA money grabbers? You talk about people being too in love with Fifa to admit its shit?

Try reversing that around.. Konami are the money grabbers mate. The game has LESS features than the PS2 version! And I know you're gunna say so does Fifa but at least they have the official licencing with great gameplay this year on both current gen and next gen. Pro Evo is going backwards whilst EA are trying to re-invent the genre.

I'd love to love pes6 on 360 but the truth is, it's a watered down port of pes6 on ps2.. with no edit mode.. and with no transfers.. and no player edit. So its a completely un-authentic game. Marseyside Reds vs London FC.. OH MY GOD IT'S LIKE ACTUALLY BEING THERE. You might aswell play sensible soccer

csaunders said:
Konami has never put a shit product out.
That's not exactly hard if you make a good game and then sell the exact same game for ten years afterwards with a scribbled out number on the end and a new one on top. That's like saying that selling a Beatles album for ten years with an extra track and a corrupted one each year makes it an amazing, must-buy product each year. Now I'll get cries of "bad comparison" but not to me. I'm a gamer, I play new games for something new, not something I've already done. I've already won the cups, the leagues, played it in multiplayer. For ten years. What on EARTH would I want to do that for again this year? And pay £40-£50 for the pleasure? Get fucked Seabass, you've lost the plot.

Anyway, most of what you have just said I disagree with and I won't go into detail. I'm not "in love" with anything and it sounds to me like the fanboy here (the one making all the excuses) is you. I know FIFA doesn't have as many leagues as it should, or that the referee is a complete moron. I also know however that the passing system is a revolution, which several (if not all) PES fans have admitted to being a system that PES should copy (apart from you), so there's no chance of me "falling out of love" with it, as you put.

And again, you say the FIFA 07 engine will be used until 2015. You're a bit too desperate to win your case.

You do what you want, I'm not arguing about it with you any more. You love playing PES1 every year and you don't think it would be a good idea for Konami to spend money back into the game and add another league. I do. I play a new game to do new things, not to do what I did last year with the same problems.

Last edited:

Oh dear god, when will the childish bickering end??!??!

You either like one or the other, there is no need to justify your decision every 2 minutes in every topic going!!

Depends on taste really. Some people like to stick with what they know, whilst some like to try new things. You will never win the argument Jack and neither will the PES fanboys or even FIFA fanboys.

Its just a question of taste

I'll stop if he stops :freak:

In fairness, I keep saying "whatever you like you like", it's the complete fantasy I object to, statements of "fact" talking about development for the next ten years(!) - I don't like that.

Yes but opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one. You have yours and he has his. Lets just grow up a bit eh

Sorry, I find it hard not to jump in when something false has been said. But I'll do you all a favour and stay out of the PES forums for a while; I've written enough for people to get my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom