PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official News and Discussion Topic

Re: 360 Gameplay Impressions

I think some people might find speed of game a little weird if they are used to playing PES/WE on PS2 on a widescreen TV, i.e. 4:3 streched to 16:9 which effects the speed of the players, and the 360 version being native widescreen.

i still stand by the argument that PES6 is sluggish compared to WE10, even when not playing online.

it's not as pronounced when not playing online but it's still there.

but as frustrating as it is i keep going back to online play for 1 more go :)it's not a shit game at all but i didn't expect as much lag.

i've never played PES5 online so i can't compare to that.

all i can say is that shooting is invariably very difficult....timing feels almost lucky alot of the time.

this is coming from someone who started playing ISS Pro on PSX how many years ago???? i know my Konami :)

Last edited:
Re: Rallying the 360 Troops

chris hodge said:
I'm not praising Konami for this incredible balls up. Its clear that they ran out of time and nothing else.

You seriously believe that? Konami have had 12-18 months to get a 360 version ready? And this is the end result?

Pathetic.

Hmm this game just sounds better and better.. cough* ermm i think EA might get a share of my cash this year.. unfortunatly

PES6 360 - Reviews and Opinions

Wel why the hek not lets make a presonal reviuw of the game on the 360
To begin....if your a die hard pes/we fan on playstation, then the 360 version is a pain in the ass to getting used to,because i realy hate the gamepad:shock: after 2 hours my hands where hurting like hell,but ofcourse i kept going.
I played the game on my DEL 24 inch wide screen HD-ready on 1080i,picture quality is suberd and specialy 16:9.Everything looks nice and sharp and shiney,ofcourse the big down side of this 360 version is that the whole edit mode is cut of(realy gay from konami).And we only have 8 stadiums:(
So far i only like san siro pitch when its day and rainy,then the gras looks realy green and dark,most of my vids and pics are made on that pitch.Wel the gameplay.....hmmm its not as good as the ps2 version and its does miss the action of a fast atack and the feeling of a powerfull shot on goal,after 7 or 8 matches i started to feel ok with the game,it needs some time to grow on you.The boots look awsome(ofcourse we can not edit it) and the armpads look realy good,ofcourse i was realy looking forward to player faces and have to say some look realy great(great ronaldinho but a strange Henry ) in it alsow with emotions and reactions and alsow check during beggining on a match when they have to sing there national anthem u see al the mounts move.There are some nice new goal celebration animations added like screaming to the microphone's that are placed on the side of the field.Im planning to play ML on the 360 version,but i still prever the ps2 version because we can edit the whole database,stats,faces,kitts cuz thats the fun part ofcourse.The 360 version looks slick and smooth but its not 100% complete for the real fans.So it has has some down sides and up sides.
I played 1 match online and 0wned my aponent 1-0 :).Did not get to deep into the online mode was just for test and did not get any lag.There are some little slowdowns but its not that bad i alsow love the 3d crowd but hopes for more emotion from them.
Overall the 360 version is not that bad, but i strongly hope that WE10/WE11 on the PS3 gets improved,cuz when playing this came it does feel like your playing a halve game,cus u miss al the extra's that has been left out.

I made some pics here and vids
check it out:)

http://members.home.nl/amar83/PES6/pes6 360/messie first goal.mp4
http://members.home.nl/amar83/PES6/pes6 360/ronnie face.mp4
http://members.home.nl/amar83/PES6/pes6 360/ac milan.mp4

8.jpg

17.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Last edited:
Re: PES6 reviews

There's a new review from a german magazine, giving 8.4/10: http://www.planet-xbox.de/?article=4286

For those of you that don't speak German... summary is that it's a fine game, but the controls are messed up (due to the 360 controller < PS2 digipad controls) and the missing stuff that we've been used to in the last years sucks. Says 'between the lines' that you should play Pro Evo 6 on PS2 and that Konami definetly needs to spend more time with the Xbox 360 so that Pro Evo 7 can become a great game like we're used to.

Last edited:
Re: PES6 reviews

Well, just cancelled my pre-order. I'll rent both the 360 version and PS2 one and compare from there. Which one I prefer i'll buy. Not basing it on edits either, they'd be a massive+ if I were to go with the ps2 one but they're not the be-all and end-all.

I thought this game was going to be awfull judging from what i read in this topic. But now I have had the chance to play the game myself. I played several hours and all i can say is wow.... this game is a lot better than PES5, WE10 and PES6 on ps2. I havn't played it online, but to me this is the most realistic PES ever. I love it. Some people said they went back to play pes6 on their ps2. I can't believe it. If you love soccer, this game will grow on you and you will prefer it to any other pes game on any platform.

can any1 with the game confirm if we can edit a player to have untucked shirts? cause i dont want C.Ronaldo with a tucked shirt(looks weird)

all the other questions were answered

reddevils said:
can any1 with the game confirm if we can edit a player to have untucked shirts? cause i dont want C.Ronaldo with a tucked shirt(looks weird)

Nevermind him having a long sleeve shirt too, eh?

Re: [PES6 XBOX 360 Junka's Hands on pes6 review] pics and vidz

Thanks for the review Junka.

Giant screens though! :)

Last edited:

reddevils said:

I could not find that option.

bagdes in the stadiums would be more transparent!

i say AMAZIGN and i dont worry about gameplay :D thanks

then ,
junka you play it
and you think the ps2 game better ................:shock:
ok ok ok
waiting ps3 winning eleven 11
thanks

I plaed this last nite on xbox360 on live, I just hope when the game is out then the game will play better online. Can anyone remember on pes5pc online where you would play against someone who gave lag against you, but the game itself ran smooth, but the buttons lagged??? Thats what its like all the time,

You press shoot, it takes nearly a second to respond, which is especially bad on headers, becuase in the new pes6 timing on headers is crucial.

LOL i also played someone last night who had 5 players sent off against me!!! everytime one of my player went past one of his, he deliberately hacked me down. Furthermore, when he had 3 of his 4 defenders off, he didnt do any ting to replace them,, leaving giant holes at the back...

Re: PES6 (Xbox 360) - Videos thread

All the impressions so far are sending the same message: If you're slightly tight on money, or haven't bought an X360 yet, then wait for WE11/PES7.

PES6 X360 is lacking MANY features, has slowdowns(!), and is basically an incomplete game.
PES will always have the upper hand in gameplay. Always. Fifa is not an option or an alternative. That's why all people would have bought next-gen PES6 if it was a graphical breakthru and at least ran smoothly. It is clearly neither. Sticking on to WE10, WE9LE, or even PES5 doesn't sound like a bad idea at all.

To get a better idea on how a next-gen game is supposed to look, here's what Fifa X360 featured:

free flowing hair and wrinkle of clothing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpdm_kLuj70

more hair dynamics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9EKDoItXeY

clothes wrinkling and models "sink" in grass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZq59qpqe_g

EA's skin and **grass** make you cry on "next-gen" PES6...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=W0gWpjIVyFo

Last edited:

The_Knight - the graphics really aren't very good on Fifa 07 though. They just added lots of blur to mask how lowres everything is. Look how poor the stadia and the crowd look for example. No detail at all because it's just a giant blurry mess. The framerate is rubbish during cut scenes and replays too.

I sure hope that's true. Because PES6 in comparison is a total shame. However, the grass, the clothes and the hair are all real, and extremely impressive, I guess. Plus, Fifa07 360 is a complete version, not a tremendously lacking one.

But again, how could someone do this grass and hair, and still not get the net physics right... Konami nailed it 3 years ago. (Back when they actually went to work)

Also, on a different note, if PES6 and Fifa07 both have framerate issues, then it is true that the PS3 will have much smoother versions of the same games. It's only been a year or so since the release of the X360 and these framerate issues are out already. And so, those who saved their money for the PS3 may very well be saving themselves years of agonizing framerate issues. But I'm far from a console person.

Last edited:

Yah sry about the big ass pics :o
i can understand most of u have to scrol like a crazzy mofo to watch them:)
im running my res. at 1920x1200 :)
next time i wil put them on the lowest resolution.
Skills moves are all the same from the ps2 version.
Im pretty depressed there is nothing to edit in this game:(
But wil start ML soon:)

Last edited:

Can't wait for "more hair dynamics"....jesus...:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

mazanga said:
The only skill move that i think might have been removed or greatly reduced is the R2/RT sidestep.

Yes that was bugging me also as I tried it a few times and failed thinking it was the control system and a delay...not that I ever used it that much playing the game but thought it was wierd...

Back
Top Bottom