PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official News and Discussion Topic

Re: 360 Gameplay Impressions

Han said:
Stumpy_uk, you said you have a PS2 as well: Compared with PE6 PS2, how does it feel? Do you find the game feel sluggish at the PS2 as well?
I find both versions are very similar save for the advantage of being familiar with the controller on PS2.

Have you found it okay to adapt to the 360 controller though Mart? I always thought I'd stand no chance of getting used to it, but over the last month or so I've found it's harder to play it with a PS2 pad now - it feels like a tiny weeny toy pad ;)

Re: Rallying the 360 Troops

Indeed, and I guess I'll have to fall back on WE10 and my trusty old PS2 for that (Spurs league champions for 3 seasons running now ). Just hope that the gameplay and graphics on PES6 makes enough of a difference that I'm compelled to play it just for a "next gen" footie fix.

Spurs 3 season champions? Thats just ridiculous m8 :D

Yeah it's ok though having to press both right trigger and right bumper at the same time (R1+R2 in old money) isn't as easy. I'm still at the stage where the PS2 controller feels right for PES.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who refers to the top buttons as L1 R1 L2 and R2... I'll never get used to calling the main buttons A B X and Y, they're not even in the right order. If a game comes up with a popup that says "press the X button" I've got to look at the pad for ten minutes like a bemused pensioner before I can find it.

I suppose Sony will always have the advantage in that respect.

Mart said:
I find both versions are very similar save for the advantage of being familiar with the controller on PS2.
So, in the worst case the PS2 is slightly worse, but because you are familiar with the controller it feels the same? ;)
That is good news for me, because I was worried about the 360 gameplay.
I played the PS2 version myself (there is even a demo out a.t.m. ;) ) and I was already happy with that gameplay.
I felt what was called 'unresponsive' but IMHO that has to do that the player-attributes are more important now, according to Seabass.
For me that means that a player with bad ball-controll and mediocre speed will indeed act less responsive. I can live with that, because that is also the case in real live.

Han said:
Stumpy_uk, you said you have a PS2 as well: Compared with PE6 PS2, how does it feel? Do you find the game feel sluggish at the PS2 as well?

About the others who compared it with WE10 and saying it's unresponsive: I think Konami has putted down the speed of WE10 (which in times looked like a horse-race with that high speed :D ) to make it more the proper speed of a footballgame.

The PS2 PES6 flows that little bit better, its hard to put my foot on it, I would think it was mostly the controller, but there seems to be an underlying issue. I just experienced the slowdown on goal kicks and boy is thatbad for a machine of the 360's ability.

I will keep playing and see if I can put my foot on it.

Mart said:

Mart do you find it a bit unreponsive when you use what we would call R2 on the pad (which I have mapped back to the right shoulder button in line withthe PES5 game)...

Also I have worked out another thing thats freaking me out which is that on the PS2 I set the change to manual which I can't do on the xbox pad (well I haven't found it yet), so that makes a difference to me playing and again could be one of those things which makes me think its not responding correctly...

stumpy_uk said:
Mart do you find it a bit unreponsive when you use what we would call R2 on the pad (which I have mapped back to the right shoulder button in line withthe PES5 game)...

Also I have worked out another thing thats freaking me out which is that on the PS2 I set the change to manual which I can't do on the xbox pad (well I haven't found it yet), so that makes a difference to me playing and again could be one of those things which makes me think its not responding correctly...
It definitely feels different but I think that's down to it being an analogue trigger that I'm trying to use as a button if that makes sense.

Also, your controller options (player select manual > auto) are hidden away in System Settings, which is a menu you can get at when setting up a game but also in the pause menu.

stumpy_uk said:
Are you talking about player-select?

EDIT:
Just read Mart's post, making this one obsolete :)

Last edited:

Han,
Yes I was, Mart has told me to check in the settings, which I am off to do now to see if that helps me with it. As its only a small thing thats annoying me with this version but I can't put my finger on it..hopefully this is one of them, problem is being so robotic on PS2 migrating to the Xbox is no small feat. although I have been playing PES5 on my xbox for the last year also...so its not like I just picked up a controller change..

As the ps2 version the same problems as the 360 one or do's it feel like a totaly differnt game

I'm thinking cos i havent played a ps2 in years now and i havent played we10, I might just love this game to bits? fair point?

True, can't argue with that. You'll notice a difference if you haven't touched a PS2 for two years alright!

Just had my first try of pro evolution soccer 6 on the 360.
As a huge fan of the series im going to make this review short, but not so sweet.

ITS AWFUL!

Edit mode has all but been ripped out, The game hangs when playing in certain stadiums, the crowd looks as bad as ever, There has been no new methods implemented to stop people disconecting from LIVE when they're losing.. and get this.. When you've finished playing someone on live, you have to go back to the main menu! there is no option for a rematch!!
Also, I play online with a friend of mine and we are both agreed that the game is much worse... We have even gone back to playing on PES5 today.

The game is basically PES5 with less features and more lag.
I'm glad i have not paid for this game.

As soon as the game is officially released i will be emailing Konami to register my disgust in the slim hope they'll release updates to actually make this an interesting game.
I suggest you all do the same.

sticknfix said:
Just had my first try of pro evolution soccer 6 on the 360.
As a huge fan of the series im going to make this review short, but not so sweet.

ITS AWFUL!

Edit mode has all but been ripped out, The game hangs when playing in certain stadiums, the crowd looks as bad as ever, There has been no new methods implemented to stop people disconecting from LIVE when they're losing.. and get this.. When you've finished playing someone on live, you have to go back to the main menu! there is no option for a rematch!!
Also, I play online with a friend of mine and we are both agreed that the game is much worse... We have even gone back to playing on PES5 today.

The game is basically PES5 with less features and more lag.
I'm glad i have not paid for this game.

As soon as the game is officially released i will be emailing Konami to register my disgust in the slim hope they'll release updates to actually make this an interesting game.
I suggest you all do the same.

No thank you. Despite all the flaws, this game is one game that I have to own. I may not play it as much as I thought I would before but I'll have games like Rainbow Six, Gears of War and Splinter Cell to compensate for it.

Last edited:

If you have the money to waste then get it but if you havent then save your money

AgentSmithMatrix said:
No thank you. Despite all the flaws, this game is one game that I have to own. I may not play it as much as I thought I thought I would before but games I'll have games like Rainbow Six, Gears of War and Splinter Cell to compensate for it.

Compensate???
When you have to use words like that in relation to a PES title, you know things are in a sorry state.

Its Konami that needs to compensate my friend.

When PES5 came out everyone hated that as far as I remember

the_j_man said:
When PES5 came out everyone hated that as far as I remember

It wasn't so much hate, It was just that it was different to what players were used to .
This game is not any different.
It litterally is PES5 with less features and slugish/buggy gameplay.

sticknfix said:
It litterally is PES5 with less features and slugish/buggy gameplay.
:lol: :lol: :lmao: you crack me up......literally :roll:......... i guess u'v played it then?

you guys are missing the option to do rematch's!

it is there

u have two options in game

ranking match for points

and player match ie a friendly, no points

player match allows u to have 1 more option other than time 5, 10 15 and wot team and that option is allow friends...wot this does is allows u to have as many games with ur `friend` as u wish, you can also rematch strangers

ranked match is for points , 1 off games with something at stake, u can still play ur friends but to stop ppl climbing leaderboard as in pes5loads of games with no losses,after full time the server boots u and u have to do it all again.

people are being to quick to judge the game and criticise it. i believe the game will be fantastic but of course it will feel strange at first its on totally different console and will take some getting used to.

I keep reading about slowdown on goal kicks, corners and free kicks. Is this actually when the ball is in play or on the screen where it cuts to behind the player about to kick the ball?

Also....the people who are saying the players look to thin and skinny....don't you think it's just that you're used to playing the old version stretched on your widescreen tele? Try playing the PS2 version on a 4:3 set and I'm sure you'll have the same complaint. I reckon the game in widescreen might seem a bit slower as well largely due to you seeing more of the pitch at once meaning that there is less panning required to keep up with play.

techmob said:
you guys are missing the option to do rematch's!

it is there

u have two options in game

ranking match for points

and player match ie a friendly, no points

player match allows u to have 1 more option other than time 5, 10 15 and wot team and that option is allow friends...wot this does is allows u to have as many games with ur `friend` as u wish, you can also rematch strangers

ranked match is for points , 1 off games with something at stake, u can still play ur friends but to stop ppl climbing leaderboard as in pes5loads of games with no losses,after full time the server boots u and u have to do it all again.
Great post! Finally somebody who took a good look at the game ;)

Back
Top Bottom