PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official News and Discussion Topic

Re: 360 Gameplay Impressions

The game has been sent to the presses ready for next week, so no, there's no chance we're playing different games. We just all have different opinions. The slowdown ruins nothing for me personally - although it is very noticeable, and I can see how it could ruin the "flow" for some people.

I know online screwed but perosnally never played online in PES all about multiplayer with your mates or AI for me.

So I have a question what is so bad apart from slowdown that makes it worse then WE10 etc. ? I thought it was suppose to have new gameplay tweak smarter defence etc well from what i read. WE10 was a great for me it had its problems though so what have they actually done gameplay wise to ruin it for people i thought it would be a direct port of WE10 but tweaks. ?

Well ill be the judge when i get game next week but so much negative here has to be something gameplay wise putting people off surely. ?

Surely people are used to 360 controller cant be that bad can it although admittedly always used PS2 controller as never had orginal Xbox. Ive had 360 coming up to 1 year now and i love the controller personally i love PS2 controller also. :)

I think people need to take time to adapt probably most of you coming from orginal Xbox or PS2 controller maybe throwing peeps off here.

Last edited:

Try and go play it before you buy it.To me it as to be the worst pro eve ever even that crapy ISS on the ps2 a few years ago was better.The graphics are not much but it the game its self that is bad plus its feels horrible on the 360 pads.Sorry for bursting anyones bubble

I find very annoying the fact you can't rematch... that's just stupid.
It's not so easy to find "smart" people, so when you do, making several games is always cool...

Anyway... I don't understand how Konami almost killed everything beside gameplay :(

the thing I could be most annoyed about is slowdown.... Is it worse than RTWC ? I thought the slowdown in that demo was a bit crap, there are elements of it in FIFA WCF as well ... is it like that? How come we arent seeing it ain any of the videos?

bonsc said:
Try and go play it before you buy it.To me it as to be the worst pro eve ever even that crapy ISS on the ps2 a few years ago was better.The graphics are not much but it the game its self that is bad plus its feels horrible on the 360 pads.Sorry for bursting anyones bubble

Please explain more then the game is bad please did you play Winning Eleven 10 whats made it so bad from that. ?

I know graphics but Pro Evo never been about super duper graphics and it has smarter visual then previous so i aint fussed on that side.

Could you explain what is the big problem gameplay wise surely it must work ok with pad thats beginning to worry me. Are people giving the game enough chance with this pad because like i says its not a PS2 controller so going to take a while to adapt.

Winning eleven 10 is good the only bad thing is the goalies.You would have to play your self to see what people mean its bad.I dont even think the game play is good ever

ripkord said:
the thing I could be most annoyed about is slowdown.... Is it worse than RTWC ? I thought the slowdown in that demo was a bit crap, there are elements of it in FIFA WCF as well ... is it like that? How come we arent seeing it ain any of the videos?

Interesting but is it worse then previous game for slowdown etc or the same because i find it hardly effected me in previous. ?

I have to say dissapointed in Konami this version feels there heart and soul hasnt gone into it i feel from peopels views its a rush job for very first time.

Games need to be tested cant beleive these slowdown bugs keep appearing maybe Konami can release a patch i some how doubt it though. :(

bonsc said:
Winning eleven 10 is good the only bad thing is the goalies.You would have to play your self to see what people mean its bad.I dont even think the game play is good ever

Come on budge tell me whats wrong i want to know you dont seem to be pinpointing your problems whats so wrong what has gone drastically wrong from WE10. ?

bear in mind we had this kind of raction from those who were used to playing it on the ps2 when the xbox version first came out. I have seen loads of folk who dont even have 360's slagging the game off :/

Ive play this since the first snes version and always loved it every weekend my mates come round and we play it and have a few drinks but they will be shocked when they see this one

ripkord said:
bear in mind we had this kind of raction from those who were used to playing it on the ps2 when the xbox version first came out. I have seen loads of folk who dont even have 360's slagging the game off :/

Tbh though it happens every year i dont think ive ever moaned at these games it takes me a very long time to find the faults in the game well for me.

I play constantly 30 mins games with friend one after each other a few nights a week have done for past years ive played them since number 1 PES.

We get this here every year then people get used to the new game and then people love it after month. I think people should give it more time its only been 1 day well for some it it cant be that bad can it. :shock:

Last edited:

tiktiktiktik said:
Firstly a lot of people dont seem to bother read the posts in this thread. For all those shouting that gameplay is the best, non of us are saying otherwise!!!! We are complaining about the lack of features, it being stripped down to the bare bare bones, when a lot of the options being replaced could easily have been put in. I mean if we can edit player names why the f#$k cant we edit team names? Im not even talking about the graphics part as some of the reason are valid, some less so. But thats another argument. Surely its not that hard to understand, or are a lot of you mentally challenged? Just read the posts proper next time.

Secondly the reviews so far have been a complete asskissing session to continue to recieve the game i presume. The last so handidly says, and i quote, "...it seems that Konami have managed to add to the licences from the previous version and the game now includes kits and squads for various clubs and national teams including Manchester Utd, Benfica, England, Argentina and France to name a few..." Uhh, add ?! dont you mean replace chelsea with manu? They so quickly skip over this detail, as they have with a lot of other negatives in the game. They dont even menition that you get a league less int he 360 version, not a small detail is it?! Atleast they finish with clarifying from what position they are reviewing the game, namely gameplay and nothing else. So thats great, i can play a great game of football but it will have no sense of reality, what a lot of us want in a game. i posted this argument about what position you take when playing a football game, but most of you probably didnt bother to read it, or just didnt understand.

And i agree with psimonius about game development and the ps3/360 better/equal argument. But in defending konami by comparing it to halflife you have also hit the nail on the head, i assume unknowingly, of why a few/lot of us are so pissed of with konami. Halflife2, a great great game imo, costs how much at release? The normal price wasnt it, at about 50/60$,euro. Thats a game that has been completely developed and is a totally new game. PES is a port/update/tweak/etc and how much does it cost? Oh yes, 50/60$,euro aswell. Thats whats wrong with both the ps2 version and the 360 version, they in no way represent the valua you are paying for them, or are asked to pay for them. Yet some of you seem to ignore this. Offcourse you can argue that you play the game for a whole year and because of that it ends up being good valua, but really how much of a improvement are the few tweaks in gameplay when the rest has stayed the same? Other games get free patches, other have cheap 'extensions' sold which represent the same amount of improvement, maybe more then the pes series shows each year.

And people also use fifa to defend konami's first outing, yet we are all the most critical of fifa being pesfans, and most of us have critised them for the shoddy releases. But because its now the other way round we use this as a argument to defend konami, really makes me laugh how easily people are hypocritical just to suit whatever they feel is right.

You make some good points but let me follow up by saying:

1) I appreciate the complaints aren't about gameplay but my reference was to building the game to work in a 360. Clearly, it isn't just a case of porting over the game from the PS2 like a lot of naive people have claimed. Yes, it may feel similar but the process of making it feel that way is quite complex. Konami will have had to have taken apart the PS2 engine and will have had to rebuild it to work within the architecture of a next-gen machine. It doesn't mean its a new engine, its justs put together differently (with a newer graphics engine). This could create all sorts of teething problems so a lot of work has to be put in to making sure the gameplay doesn't suffer from this change. As a result, the less prioritised things (i.e. edit mode) get put on the back burner. Yes, its a huge shame and I'm not excusing Konami, I just understand why they can't do it. It's not laziness. :roll:

2) Konami HAVE added licenses. Ok, they don't mention losing the Chelsea license, but when they do attendance figures at football matches, they don't tell you how many have been chucked out, do they? It's not Konami's fault that the license restricts them to just 2 Premiership teams. Next season it could well be Man Utd and Liverpool. Who knows?

3) Let me make this clear. ALL VERSIONS DO NOT HAVE THE BUNDESLIGA. I don't know why this is getting dumped on the 360 version by a lot of people. Again, its a licensing issue, not laziness on the part of Konami. They had infact coded all of the players for the unlicensed division but the German FA blocked them from even putting that in the game.

4) I appreciate what you mean by the pricing. Sadly its just how the industry works. Probably two thirds of games released are some sort of sequel and it is very rare that they are vastly different from the predecessor. Games should never be as expensive as they are anyway but maybe we can blame that partly on the Warez monkeys out there. Personally, I look forward to the fresh gameplay experience a new PES brings every year and I am quite happy to pay for the priviledge. To be honest, it is the game I play the most so if anything, its the best value game I buy. Same can be said for most PES fans. If that's the case, surely for its lengthy entertainment, its worth paying the price for? :)

Re: PES6 (Xbox 360) - Videos thread

gotta admit, the nets do look better than WE10, but that is the only
positive....otherwise konami's laziness is threatening the migration
of a good number of PES fans to FIFA on the 360.

psimonius said:

1) I appreciate the complaints aren't about gameplay but my reference was to building the game to work in a 360. Clearly, it isn't just a case of porting over the game from the PS2 like a lot of naive people have claimed. Yes, it may feel similar but the process of making it feel that way is quite complex. Konami will have had to have taken apart the PS2 engine and will have had to rebuild it to work within the architecture of a next-gen machine. It doesn't mean its a new engine, its justs put together differently (with a newer graphics engine). This could create all sorts of teething problems so a lot of work has to be put in to making sure the gameplay doesn't suffer from this change. As a result, the less prioritised things (i.e. edit mode) get put on the back burner. Yes, its a huge shame and I'm not excusing Konami, I just understand why they can't do it. It's not laziness. :roll:

2) Konami HAVE added licenses. Ok, they don't mention losing the Chelsea license, but when they do attendance figures at football matches, they don't tell you how many have been chucked out, do they? It's not Konami's fault that the license restricts them to just 2 Premiership teams. Next season it could well be Man Utd and Liverpool. Who knows?

3) Let me make this clear. ALL VERSIONS DO NOT HAVE THE BUNDESLIGA. I don't know why this is getting dumped on the 360 version by a lot of people. Again, its a licensing issue, not laziness on the part of Konami. They had infact coded all of the players for the unlicensed division but the German FA blocked them from even putting that in the game.

4) I appreciate what you mean by the pricing. Sadly its just how the industry works. Probably two thirds of games released are some sort of sequel and it is very rare that they are vastly different from the predecessor. Games should never be as expensive as they are anyway but maybe we can blame that partly on the Warez monkeys out there. Personally, I look forward to the fresh gameplay experience a new PES brings every year and I am quite happy to pay for the priviledge. To be honest, it is the game I play the most so if anything, its the best value game I buy. Same can be said for most PES fans. If that's the case, surely for its lengthy entertainment, its worth paying the price for? :)

what ever the case, the xbox 360 has been gutted of features, even the little useful ones, i personally think paying £40 for a game that has been basically gutted down to gameplay, which still sufferes from slowdown on corners and freekicks and has poor frame rates, and all on a nextgen console? that is inexcusable, you can defend and rationalise konami all you want, but the bottom line is they have released a very basic poor version and they know fans will buy it, it is a diservice to us fans. They should of coded for the xbox for pes6, ported from the ps2, kept most features and be working behind the scene on the nextgen consoles to release a proper nextgen release which actually doesn't suffer slow down, or lack the basic features...

so they don't code for the xbox 1 , but they code for the xbox360 and produce what "could" work on a standard xbox, other than the glossy graphic look...

psimonius said:

I don't think people realise that the 360 version has been created from scratch. they use the same engine but as you say they have to strip it down and rebuild it for the different architecture. therefore I think it's harsh to compare it to pes 5 on other consoles or the pc which is just a ps2 port. would people have prefered if the 360 version was a ps2 port or if it had been delayed half a year so the edit functions could be added? i'm guessing no. i'll be getting the game on friday and will judge it on it own merits then, not comparing it to a previous game on a different console.

johnthekingsingh said:
jack face it if you had your way we wouldnt be allowed to play pro evo in this country in case a jap makes money. The game is class PRO EVO THAT IS ;)
If we had it Jack's way, we'd all be playing a great game. :roll:

played it today on my mates chipped 360 AWESOME is the only word

Here is my review of the game, as background I am not a sony fanboy, I have a ps2, a xbox and a xbox 360 I have pro evo 5 on ps2/xbox, winning 11 on ps2 and pes6 on ps2 and xbox360.....

I have FIFA RTWC and FIFA WC along with the Fifa07 demo, so again have tried the other versions..although I continue to be engrossed and enjoy playing only PES.

so hopefully you will realise I am not biased and just love this game.

The Good points on 360

on my HD Plasma the presentation and graphics look clear and very defined, the menu's especially are crystal clear.

Faces of certain players are easily recognisable and are on par if not better than Fifa07 (based on the demo)

The gameplay is very much PES, the running / shooting / passing etc remains on par with WE10 and PES6 on PS2.

Widescreen is fab!

The negative points...

Response feels sluggish, not the game and the slow way that PES6 is over WE10, it just feels wrong, its hard to put your finger on it, first you blame the controller and the fact its not a dualshock, however I put the buttons back to Xbox default as my brain wanted to use what it had done on the xbox all these months and Fifa alternative controls. However it just doest feel right, the players don't move in tune with the stick,its if there is a millisecond delay but when you have played the game as much as we do you notice it. Is it the Wireless I don't know, is it the fact its widescreen which is hurting my brain, again I don't know but after 15 games on the 360 it didn't feel like PES controls, which by then jumping between xbox and ps2 (based on my mates machines), I am doing things naturally.

The graphics! - all the players look 6 foot tall and skinny on the default screen that i am used to playing with its hard to distinguish some of them and their arms look far too long. However I am not a graphics whore and therefore although I wanted the new version for its GP enhancements the gameplay was still the key.

The options! - There is too much missing from the normal setup but as I tend to play online or against my brother-in-law its never been an issue, I have never played master league so am not missing that and if I did have moan it would be the lack of ability to save replays, however I have a feeling that will come up on marketplace at some point.

Overall.

Very dissapointed, so much so that after 15 games on the 360 in HD, we rverted to the PS2 version and all agreed we preferred it in gameplay terms, it may be that having been with the series sine the begining has got us used to 4:3 etc, however I have pre-ordered both, but feel that the PS2 one will win the day unless something changes on the360 gameplay...I am not a sony fanboy but maybe after this attempt I moved closer to the PS3 for PES than the Xbox..lets hope they get it right with the next version.

Re: Rallying the 360 Troops

tiktiktiktik said:
However i, like a few others, want to play a footie game to create an alternative reality, whereby we get to control what happens with our favorite clubs ( where liverpool beat chelsea in the league for example:) )

Indeed, and I guess I'll have to fall back on WE10 and my trusty old PS2 for that (Spurs league champions for 3 seasons running now :D ). Just hope that the gameplay and graphics on PES6 makes enough of a difference that I'm compelled to play it just for a "next gen" footie fix.

Stumpy_uk, you said you have a PS2 as well: Compared with PE6 PS2, how does it feel? Do you find the game feel sluggish at the PS2 as well?

About the others who compared it with WE10 and saying it's unresponsive: I think Konami has putted down the speed of WE10 (which in times looked like a horse-race with that high speed :D ) to make it more the proper speed of a footballgame.

These people claiming that the 360 version has been built from scratch know little about game development. You don't think it's based on the exact same C code from the previous XBox version? Of course it is. They won't even rebuild the game from scratch for the PS3 version, although they will give it priority. Konami has shown they clearly don't give a toss for Xbox owners.

Re: Rallying the 360 Troops

I am agree with Chris. I am still remember when i played the first version of ps2's Pro Evolution Soccer. The game is actually the same with the Playstation (first) version, only the graphics is better. and then come the Konami's revolution and manipulation of the PS2's graphics engine. They have succeed with the series til the maximum manipulation of ps2 graphic ability, as a result we have realistic and fantastic pes6 on the platform ps2. It's a whole lot difference than the first edition years ago.

Now we must admit we have to go through the changing phase again, this time to next gen console. Maybe some of you guys complaints about the lack of graphics and modes, but we must realised that we only at the starting phase of this next generation. It brought six series of Pro Evolution (PES 1 to PES6)til we have the almost perfect PES on PS2. The point is: there is a lot we can expect years to come, when KONAMI will manipulate the next gen engine.

so, be patient guys! The ugly duckling aint be a beautiful swan in just one day! ;)

Jack, if people have other opinions than you it is no reason to doubt their honesty... :roll:

1) I appreciate the complaints aren't about gameplay but my reference was to building the game to work in a 360. Clearly, it isn't just a case of porting over the game from the PS2 like a lot of naive people have claimed. Yes, it may feel similar but the process of making it feel that way is quite complex. Konami will have had to have taken apart the PS2 engine and will have had to rebuild it to work within the architecture of a next-gen machine. It doesn't mean its a new engine, its justs put together differently (with a newer graphics engine). This could create all sorts of teething problems so a lot of work has to be put in to making sure the gameplay doesn't suffer from this change. As a result, the less prioritised things (i.e. edit mode) get put on the back burner. Yes, its a huge shame and I'm not excusing Konami, I just understand why they can't do it. It's not laziness.

4) I appreciate what you mean by the pricing. Sadly its just how the industry works. Probably two thirds of games released are some sort of sequel and it is very rare that they are vastly different from the predecessor. Games should never be as expensive as they are anyway but maybe we can blame that partly on the Warez monkeys out there. Personally, I look forward to the fresh gameplay experience a new PES brings every year and I am quite happy to pay for the priviledge. To be honest, it is the game I play the most so if anything, its the best value game I buy. Same can be said for most PES fans. If that's the case, surely for its lengthy entertainment, its worth paying the price for?

Ill respond too these aswell, enjoying this ;)

1; Ive said i understand the lack of edit mode for team kits, if they have to change all the templates to hd then yeah its a lot of work. I was willing to accept it and get the game anyway, however what pushed me over the edge to not get it is the not being able to edit team names. That, imo, is unforgivable. Its got nothing to do with graphics, engine, etc, its just the database part of the game. You an change all the names of the players (1000+ changes?) yet you cant change 20-30 team names?! Thats just ridiculous, especially when you play the majority of your games with unlicened teams (i play with liverpool, sorry make that merseyred). That totally dimishes the game and the alternative reality i want to have when playing it.

2; It wasnt a go at konami, i understand they cant buy the licenses and compete with fifa in this regard. And i also thinks its great that they are continuing to generally add licenses to the game. However my point was with the review, they very easily skip over this detail (chelsea, or is that north london blue? and german league being missing). Its not a small detail for fans of either team/league when thinking about buying the game.

3. Again it was a reference to the review, not that konami hasnt put it in the game. With the lack of edit mode they dont really have a choice for the 360 version.

4. Yeah its the same as what i said, however i just dont want to be paying it out anymore when i feel im not getting valua for money, which is what i feel with the latest versions. Im planning on getting fifa07, first time since 98, as i feel they have put a lot of effort into it and because of that and the positive reviews its getting from a number of evo-webbers im willing to give fifa a chance again. Even if they do have less then the currentgen version, it will still let me play with liverpool and have a proper league/cup structure.

Han said:
Jack, if people have other opinions than you it is no reason to doubt their honesty... :roll:
How many times do I have to say "if you like PES fair enough"? Look at every one of the guy's previous posts. He's insulting, he's a liar, and he thinks if you play FIFA you'll turn gay. That is only aimed at him and not anyone else, he's desperate to say to everybody "PES IS GREAT, FIFA IS SHIT, BUY PES NOW, BUY IT FOREVER, LET YOUR GIRLFRIEND SLEEP WITH SEABASS, SLEEP WITH HIM YOURSELF IF YOU HAVE TO". If you're not johnthekingofchavssingh then you can ignore what I direct to him.

Back
Top Bottom