PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official News and Discussion Topic

Re: PES6 (Xbox 360) - Videos thread

ThomasGOAL said:
The net is better on the PS2 version too ;)

OMG OMG OMG OMG! OMG!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!

Ah crap, I spoilt my keyboard!

*runs*

;)

Re: Rallying the 360 Troops

Amusing post chris, however as pointed out why should we accept gaming standards of a decade ago? I was willing to accept a lack of development as its a first nextgen game. I was expecting the same content as current gen but in widescreen and slightly nicer graphics. Not much really, yet we are nowhere near that. Im not gonna play with merseyred for a year. Thye havent even given the option to edit the clubs' name ffs, how ridiculous is that!

Re: 360 Gameplay Impressions

Very few people are saying it's a poor 1st next gen effort though are they?! The first few reviews have said despite its flaws that it plays a great game of football! That's all most people on here want. We can wait a year for all the bells and whistles!

But you already have that in PES5, which you can play online with the 360. There aren't any significant changes.

No way should the 360 game have been released.

Twoodster:
Again, i think we're missing the point.

Although FIFA 07 is EA's 3rd attempt at Next-gen gaming, it took them
2 years to come out with a much improved gameplay engine, terrific
graphics, commentary, audio, etc....the entire package.
A lot of people on this board have appreciated EA's huge effort
in making this game more authentic both in gameplay and off the pitch.

Maybe EA is the bigger company or they put their priority in re-writing
the game engine for FIFA 07, while still churning out FIFA RTTWC 06, WC 06
on the 360.

But I think Konami don't have much of an excuse, they keep making
such minimal changes. The gameplay is just tweaked, with features/bugs
being fixed and re-introduced in alternate versions....there is no
improvement in the ML or licenses. All the 360 version will have is
upgraded graphics.
To me that is "taking the piss".....

For me, the gameplay on WE10 was one of the worst I've seen in the history of WE/PES
with the horrendous Goalies, and arcadish scores....
I played it for a month, and stopped.
I've never faced this in any other WE.
They keep breaking things in one release, and fixing it in the next,
and in the meanwhile break something new....always making the buyer
want to get the next game so that they can fix the issues and add
one more licensed team....

Very few people are saying it's a poor 1st next gen effort though are they?! The first few reviews have said despite its flaws that it plays a great game of football! That's all most people on here want. We can wait a year for all the bells and whistles!

Which threads have you been reading? It seems to be split 50/50, imo, between people not minding the lack of features and only looking at gameplay and people thinking nokami are taking the piss.

And as for reviews, we only have Mart's balanced (imo) opinion that the 360 version isnt actually that much of a game if you have played we10 and a reviewer saying the game is 9/10 when half of its features are missing. Which is a ridiculous score.

Last edited:

chris hodge said:
This debate has been raging on for sometime now and everyone seems to be split on this. The last time I saw a divide this great was when a chap named moses shook a stick and the waves of the red sea parted to let him and some old people with beards accross to Dixons so they could purchase an ink jet printer.

There are people out there who are cancelling orders because of the lack of editing options and licensed content. Is licensed content more important than gameplay? Is it? Think about what your saying for a moment.

For years now Pro Evo (and ISS before it) have been superior to the Fifa series all be it without fully licensed content and some truly crap edit modes (not including Pes4 and 5). There was a time when ProEvo/ISS had no real player names, classic players of this era were Beacham instead of Beckham, Roberto Larcos for Roberto Carlos, Facu instead of Cafu and my all time favourite of Bootitista instead of Batistuta.

At the end of the day we overlooked this and got on with playing some truly great games of football. Are you prepared to miss hours of gaming gold because Charlton Athletic are called South East London Reds?

It is quite clear that a japanese man named after a fish is inserting a 15 inch salami between the buttocks of every 360 owner this side of Tokyo. Whether he meant to screw us over or whether he was being lazy we will never know as this chap has a history of being a Billy Bulls*****r.

Whatever his reasons it doesn't matter. When the PS3 version hits the shelves this time next year be sure to know that us 360 owners will have the same game as our future enemies.

Konami cannot afford to cut a third of the western gaming market off by making cheap, stripped down, shiny versions of current gen games.

So, lets stop the moaning and get on with it. May you all have some corking matches.

I now feel like Delia Smith during half time at that Norwich match. Maybe we should get her in.
maybe he is giving a big fuck you to MS and MS owners, and taking there money and using it to develop an even better PS3 version.... that sounds like the most plausible theory

I'm not praising Konami for this incredible balls up. Its clear that they ran out of time and nothing else. And of course you are right, why should we pay out for a stripped down version of a current gen game, why should we accept a game that is more at home in 1996 than 2006.

I will tell you why. Because no matter how scarce the licenses are, no matter how utterley crap the edit mode is and no matter how much content has been left out we are still being given a damn good piece of perfectly playable virtual football that will please us for at least a year. Its better than the alternatives out there. No disrespect to Fifa 07 because EA have finally started to sort out this lame horse of a series.

If Ashley Cole is at Arsenal so what. At least you will have the pleaseure of leaving him on the bench for every single game, just imagine seeing his stats fall below those of a toddler. Beautiful.

Im looking forward to my first game of North East London Whites versus Basingstoke Bottom Burpers Town. Screw the kits, screw the licenses. I just want to have a decent game of footie without having to go out and get stabbed playing real football at a Goals or Powerleague 5 a side soccer centre. Lets face it those places are a little on the rough side.

tiktiktiktik said:
Which threads have you been reading? It seems to be split 50/50, imo, between people not minding the lack of features and only looking at gameplay and people thinking nokami are taking the piss.

And as for reviews, we only have Mart's balanced (imo) opinion that the 360 version isnt actually that much of a game if you have played we10 and a reviewer saying the game is 9/10 when half of its features are missing. Which is a ridiculous score.

I haven't seen many negative comments from people that have actually played it though. I'd rather trust the people that have played it, than the people that have seen screenshots and videos and write it off as shit. I'd agree that 9/10 seems a little high given the features dropped - but it must show that the gameplay makes it all worthwhile ;)

chris hodge said:
I'm not praising Konami for this incredible balls up. Its clear that they ran out of time and nothing else. And of course you are right, why should we pay out for a stripped down version of a current gen game, why should we accept a game that is more at home in 1996 than 2006.

I will tell you why. Because no matter how scarce the licenses are, no matter how utterley crap the edit mode is and no matter how much content has been left out we are still being given a damn good piece of perfectly playable virtual football that will please us for at least a year. Its better than the alternatives out there. No disrespect to Fifa 07 because EA have finally started to sort out this lame horse of a series.

If Ashley Cole is at Arsenal so what. At least you will have the pleaseure of leaving him on the bench for every single game, just imagine seeing his stats fall below those of a toddler. Beautiful.

Im looking forward to my first game of North East London Whites versus Basingstoke Bottom Burpers Town. Screw the kits, screw the licenses. I just want to have a decent game of footie without having to go out and get stabbed playing real football at a Goals or Powerleague 5 a side soccer centre. Lets face it those places are a little on the rough side.

Not if i have to play with some rip of a team with a plain kit on, no sponsor and a name like merseyside reds!

Why don't you guys read some of the reviews in the independent XBOX 360 mags & trust their opinion. I read one in Asda tonight & it gave the final code 90% based on the gameplay - i've seen a few previews & all are rating the 360 version. Ok people are feeling short-changed cos of the lack of features but on gameplay, it's gonna be a winner. When people start moaning about how the net bulges etc. that's plain fuckin' stoopid to me! Who cares?

Jack Bauer said:
But you already have that in PES5, which you can play online with the 360. There aren't any significant changes.

For me widescreen support is one hell of a significant change!

It all depends on whether gaming is your life I suppose. It's not mine, I got a career, wife and kids to look after but when I do get down to playing a footy game, it's gotta be realistic for that one hour of the day I get to chill out and PES delivers this. Thats why edit modes/lack of stadia etc don't bother me: Grab a cold lager, PES6, Xbox live, Real Madrid, choose Santiago Bernabeau, wait for a challenger, BRING IT ON!

Look; Jack doesn't want to buy and some of us do - so can we drop this debate? It's going round in circles. Each to their own I say.

I've said a million times, if that's all people want fair enough, I wasn't saying "DON'T BUY THE GAME". I was saying Konami have done fuck-all, and that's true. Plus I was pointing out that most people's favourite new features will have took them a maximum of a month's programming. I'd love to know what they did for the other eight months.

Actually... Now here's a thought. Perhaps they're working on an all-new next-gen version, like EA have done with FIFA 07. That's the only acceptable excuse IMO.

I just got back from playing my first three games on PES6-X-Box 360 Live. I find it better than last years lag-feast. You can see what teams your opponent choose the last 5 times and single out Brazil lovers if you'd like.

First game i enter, the guy choses Brazil! what to expect? I challenge him to a duel with Argentina. He takes command with swift passing and I can't get to the ball. He can't convert the ball posession into chances though and my defence is clearing everything that comes into the box. Then in the second half i put a long ball forward for Messi. It drops down left wing and Lucio has run out there since Cafu is too slow. Lucio gets there first and clears the ball in the back of the head of Messi and the ball swiwels to Saviola who has a free run at goal. I finish it off, placing it to the left of the keeper. 1-0, I play out the game clearing from defence.

There's the same statprofiles from last years PES5 and they've taken away comments, but you can use the 360 features for that anyways. Ranking online starts at 5000 points for users and there are the same divisions as last year.

Any questions?

hi Caniggia!

any other online features, whats the ranking system like and player stats, does it only show last 10 matches etc.. can you view anyone elses stats etc via the ranking table

is lag shared now, i mean could you tell the difference with either half. as in pes5 one person hosted each half.. is it now even lag where both share the hosting at the same time, hence no swapping hosts

what about optimatch, is it still being used or do we have lobbys etc?

plenty more questions from me, but i can't think of any at the moment..

Last edited:

I think the ranking system is the same as last year. But you all start out at 5000 points. When you initiate a game you can chose wheter you want to play with national teams, clubs or both. The host decides on everything. 10 min games are the only way to go now so nobody can go higher on the rankings by playing 5min games. At least I think it's like that since the option was locked on 10 when I saw my opponent chosing the other options. I suppose the connections try to weigh off the lag this time, it feels like there's some or no lag for both of you.

Caniggia - what is the slowdown like? We've heard from a couple of places that the framerate suffers a little at times. Is it really distracting or barely noticeable?

Jack Bauer said:
I've said a million times, if that's all people want fair enough, I wasn't saying "DON'T BUY THE GAME". I was saying Konami have done fuck-all, and that's true. Plus I was pointing out that most people's favourite new features will have took them a maximum of a month's programming. I'd love to know what they did for the other eight months.

Actually... Now here's a thought. Perhaps they're working on an all-new next-gen version, like EA have done with FIFA 07. That's the only acceptable excuse IMO.

Seabass said they had to build the stadiums from scratch to the 360, i don't think those things take 1 month... maybe you just don't know what you're talking about.
Reading all you write in here makes me think that you think that making a game is something that takes 2 days... well, it isn't.
PES6 HAD to come out... cause every year has to be a new version, and the 360 has 1 year already, it would drive people mad if PES didnt came out for the 360.
So i agree with the folks that are happy and didnt had very high expectations. I'm happy with the better graphics, the widescreen and the awesome gameplay. And the game is not a port, they had to build many things from scratch, and that doesn't take 1 month man...
You are always saying they never change anything about the gameplay... just tweak it a little... well, maybe thats because their game already has awesome gameplay, ever though of that? EA are the ones who have to change their game's gameplay, cause despiste everything they said about the new engine, new ball physics, bla bla bla, i think fifa07 is miles away from even PES3. What would you change so drastically in PES gameplay?

Last edited:

ok , the guy above me, i respect your opinion but some of it is wrong!

i agree that the graphics were build from scratch as it is a new graphics engine, but the game play and everything else is a port from the ps2!

so no work would of had to go into that from scratch for the x360.. graphics and anything graphic related would have.

the gameplay will always be second to none, we are not disputing that, and it is never much to build on to make a bit of differece each year so i agree with Jack Bauer as it is a more lazy effort than normal this year, it is't rocket science to realise where konamis priorities lie, and that is with the playstation look at the xbox as a prime example a more powerful machine than the ps2 but still it got a port from the ps2 thus not allowing the xbox to forfill its complete potentiol, we can debate all night long that the pes series was developed for the playstation, that is fact, but to continue to neglect a more powerful machine and not to concentrate on the nextgen machine that is out now...x360, and we have less features, online is missing loads.. its basic as fuck.. anyways if it was the ps3 out now and x360 waiting to be released.. we'd have a shit load of features ready now.. thats fact!

The X-Box version does not reach the PS2 version in options and familiar gameplay. But what it does is that it introduces a football game to the new X-Box 360 football fan. It is simple, responsive and easy to learn. Hardcore fans buy the PS2 version since it is more advanced and strives where Konami wants to go, more advanced online play.

techmob said:
ok , the guy above me, i respect your opinion but some of it is wrong!

i agree that the graphics were build from scratch as it is a new graphics engine, but the game play and everything else is a port from the ps2!

so no work would of had to go into that from scratch for the x360.. graphics and anything graphic related would have.

the gameplay will always be second to none, we are not disputing that, and it is never much to build on to make a bit of differece each year so i agree with Jack Bauer as it is a more lazy effort than normal this year, it is't rocket science to realise where konamis priorities lie, and that is with the playstation look at the xbox as a prime example a more powerful machine than the ps2 but still it got a port from the ps2 thus not allowing the xbox to forfill its complete potentiol, we can debate all night long that the pes series was developed for the playstation, that is fact, but to continue to neglect a more powerful machine and not to concentrate on the nextgen machine that is out now...x360, and we have less features, online is missing loads.. its basic as fuck.. anyways if it was the ps3 out now and x360 waiting to be released.. we'd have a shit load of features ready now.. thats fact!

I haven't played PES6 for the 360 yet, but I've read that the AI is better for next gen, the forwards make runs into space, look for spaces, defenders are better too.
In regard to the PS3 things you are saying... i don't know for a fact that we'd have a shit load of features ready now. I'll have to wait till next year to compare PES7 PS3 and 360 versions. If PS3 version is better, then Konami won't have any excuses.

HAHA!

There are a lot of misinformed 'tards on this forum. It does make me chuckle.
Some of you need to step back and take a look at the bigger picture and get some perspective.

FIFA is a playable game that has improved vastly. It has had to do this tho, because it was simply so poor before. Fair play to EA for trying but FIFA07 still isn't even as good as PES1 in its day.

Konami have a winning formula. They have a gameplay structure that is so versatile and balanced that it only needs tweaks to improve it. Anything more could throw it off balance and ruin the game completely. I think a few of you would certainly cry into your lunchbox at school if that were to happen.
I think a lot of people don't appreciate how much goes ito building a game engine like Pro Evo's. For Konami to build - from scratch - an engine that would vastly change the series yet maintain its immense playability would takes years and years. Forget EA's 2 years on FIFA07. I'm talking 3-4 years probably before it would be on a par with people's expectations. Konami simply can't do this. Their only option is to evolve their current engine.

Take a look at half-life 2 for example. By far the greatest FPS ever made. The reason why is not down to the graphics or the story, but because the engine they spent 5 years building and refining is so superb. It is robust and so versatile that dozens of games will be based on Source technology now.

On my final point regarding PES6 and the 360. We are now at a stage where platforms are so equal that is simply down to preference. The PS3 and 360 will now receive identical games from 3rd party developers. Games are developed on PC and simply ported across to these consoles are their structures are quite PC orientated - the 360 more so then the PS3 (hence it being easier to develop for).
If the PS3 was available now, it would have exactly the same version as the 360, however depleted it may seem. Konami are a business and they aren't going to intentionally fob off customers who pay them good money just because they buy a particular format. This is an ignorant and naive assumption made by many people (coincidently, those owning Sony consoles).

Regardless of what you may be lead to believe, PES6 on the 360 will be the title to have this autumn.

I think I´ve already read Seabass stating that the main Konami W11 team is concentrating its work in "WEleven 11" for PS3 and 360 would get it only in PES7. This explains lots of things.

psimonius said:
HAHA!

There are a lot of misinformed 'tards on this forum. It does make me chuckle.
Some of you need to step back and take a look at the bigger picture and get some perspective.

FIFA is a playable game that has improved vastly. It has had to do this tho, because it was simply so poor before. Fair play to EA for trying but FIFA07 still isn't even as good as PES1 in its day.

Konami have a winning formula. They have a gameplay structure that is so versatile and balanced that it only needs tweaks to improve it. Anything more could throw it off balance and ruin the game completely. I think a few of you would certainly cry into your lunchbox at school if that were to happen.
I think a lot of people don't appreciate how much goes ito building a game engine like Pro Evo's. For Konami to build - from scratch - an engine that would vastly change the series yet maintain its immense playability would takes years and years. Forget EA's 2 years on FIFA07. I'm talking 3-4 years probably before it would be on a par with people's expectations. Konami simply can't do this. Their only option is to evolve their current engine.

Take a look at half-life 2 for example. By far the greatest FPS ever made. The reason why is not down to the graphics or the story, but because the engine they spent 5 years building and refining is so superb. It is robust and so versatile that dozens of games will be based on Source technology now.

On my final point regarding PES6 and the 360. We are now at a stage where platforms are so equal that is simply down to preference. The PS3 and 360 will now receive identical games from 3rd party developers. Games are developed on PC and simply ported across to these consoles are their structures are quite PC orientated - the 360 more so then the PS3 (hence it being easier to develop for).
If the PS3 was available now, it would have exactly the same version as the 360, however depleted it may seem. Konami are a business and they aren't going to intentionally fob off customers who pay them good money just because they buy a particular format. This is an ignorant and naive assumption made by many people (coincidently, those owning Sony consoles).

Regardless of what you may be lead to believe, PES6 on the 360 will be the title to have this autumn.
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Back
Top Bottom