PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official News and Discussion Topic

Re: Rallying the 360 Troops

chris hodge said:
I now feel like Delia Smith during half time at that Norwich match. Maybe we should get her in.

Please god no! Your rant was nowhere near as cringeworthy!

Re: 360 Gameplay Impressions

I really thought this was a pes fan forum u fifa ea xbox fanboys make me sick its you guys who need crushing, and no i aint a wrestling fan that was sarcasm 1+1 is ? lmao you always do your best to justify fifa and xbox. Why is fifa copying pes control system if pro evo is that crap?

What I find worst is that the premier league has shite names like Merseyside reds, North London blues etc..... Though I shant be cancelling my preorder because Fifa still aint up to scratch, graphically or gameplay wise, but I am annoyed that Konami have fucked the 360 owners over by taking backward steps on a next gen console, there shouldnt really be any excuse for that.Roll on the 27th it will still be a great game.

Well there is a difference between fansite and worship site. Look it up, you may even comprehend the difference :D

So can we get back to gameplay impressions, cannigia, any thoughts yet?

Re: PES6 reviews

fleafly said:
and it's the best footie game around, therefore 9/10.

i think reviewers and ourselves need to formulate what you understand as a footie game. Now bear with me for a minute, what i mean is that its a different 'game' for different people. I personally play footiegames so i can create an alternative reality to the real world and win with my team liverpool (premierleague/cups/etc). So in otherwords, for me its not just the gameplay, its also the leagues, teams, options, managermodes etc around that build up this alternative reality. Now for other people it can mean having a realistic match against mates in friendlies/cups and thats it. This in it self will change how you rate the game drastically, pes6 will be a great 9/10 10/10 game for the multiplayers just looking to recreate a footie match with mates. However for me, and i assume quite alot of others, pes6 falls way way short of giving me the alternative reality possibility, especially compared to fifa's managermode. And therefor it will recieve a very low score 5/10 6/10. Thinking of this, or even mentioning it when giving you opinion on the game(s) will clarify a lot and stop some of the pointless bickering thats now going on.

posted this in the review thread but think its probably better here with the bickering going on:

"I think reviewers and ourselves need to formulate what you understand as a footie game. Now bear with me for a minute, what i mean is that its a different 'game' for different people. I personally play footiegames so i can create an alternative reality to the real world and win with my team liverpool (premierleague/cups/etc). So in otherwords, for me its not just the gameplay, its also the leagues, teams, options, managermodes etc around that build up this alternative reality. Now for other people it can mean having a realistic match against mates in friendlies/cups and thats it. This in it self will change how you rate the game drastically, pes6 will be a great 9/10 10/10 game for the multiplayers just looking to recreate a footie match with mates. However for me, and i assume quite alot of others, pes6 falls way way short of giving me the alternative reality possibility, especially compared to fifa's managermode. And therefor it will recieve a very low score 5/10 6/10. Thinking of this, or even mentioning it when giving you opinion on the game(s) will clarify a lot and stop some of the pointless bickering thats now going on."

The game sounds awful. Next Gen my ass.

A decent game of footie? PES5 is and that still had trasnfers, kit selections, more stadiums, better edit mode, better tournaments etc

I quite like the FIFA Demo now. i thought it was a bit shit at first. I turned all the passing help off and ive really stated enjoying the freedom of passing and some of the cool goals you can score because of it. I dont think its really got enough variety in game play yet. it really misses tricks, side steps, first touches etc. but I think they where brave in what they did by redesigning the whole thing from scratch for next gen.

I think next year unless Nokami really pull their socks up FIFA will build on their decent flowing system and add the rest of the stuff thats missing, theoreticly making a great game.

I have PES 6 on ps2 and like it too. I can understand the changes they have made and its great fun when playing against a human opponant. against the computer i just find it frustraiting, the CPU has special powers of perception and reaction that just makes you feel like its cheating. I dont play offline much so it doesnt bother me.

Nokami should think about stealing the passing system from FIFA think it would make the difference

I really cant understand why the 360 version has so much less stuff. still dont know if ill pay £40 for better graphics and less features. if the online mode was completely LAG free it might swing it for me. I guess ill have to rent PES, FIFA and see what i enjoy most.

I could not agree more. Well said mate.

The bickering will not stop anytime soon though. It will stop once Konami has great gameplay, a perfect netcode, all licences, a great manager mode and full editing options.

But by that time, we will find other things to argue about. I mean, what else is going to occupy us during our time at the office? ;-)

philter said:
I dont think its really got enough variety in game play yet.

Yep. Fifa has some great innovations but on a whole, the game is very limited. Pes has much more depth and brilliance when it comes down to all things you can do and everything that happens on the pitch. So i can understand why Jack Bauer is enthusiastic about the game, but i think he is overdoing it.

philter said:
Nokami should think about stealing the passing system from FIFA think it would make the difference

Again, very true. If Konami gets rid of the scripting and adopts fifa's passing system, ball physics and 360 degrees analogue movement they would truly produce a fantastic game. I can't see EA stealing Konami's strong points and succesfully implement them in their new engine. They have tried for years but they just don't seem to cut it.

Konami should steal Fifa's ball physics?? Are you having a laugh? You can chip a keeper from 2 yards in Fifa (whilst hes standing up!). The ball physics have improved I'll give them that, but the ball is still way too floaty!

PES despite all of its flaws, is simply the best multiplayer human vs human sports game there is... sorry jack... fifa migt have all the bells and whistles, but a proprely patched WE10 with 2 v 2, is simply heaven. And now the slower PE6 will make that experience even better...

I am sick of reading "No edit mode what!?? LOL!!1111zzeers". Do you people in question actually play the game or do you spend you Friday nights at home editing socks and advertising boards!?

I STILL play PES5 today (on my 360 with no patches) and still enjoy it online. Thats a year's worth of game and I paid £30 for it - thats value. Divide £30 into 12 months: VALUE.

PES6 looks fantastic and I've spoken to a few guys in my office who have played it and they have said it plays like a dream. Forget WE10, we are not supposed to play it - it's for the Jap market.

All I can say is BRING IT ON!

It disappoints me how everyone's really over analysing the game. I don't care at all, i've not edited my copy on the XBOX and it's still minter, i still play it everyday.

If you wanna mod it, buy it on PC.

The boycotting made me laugh to, that's daft that is - the evo-web forum edit-mongers are rebeling...SHIT! recall the damn thing!

The game's not even out yet, only a few have actually played it...and some of you hate it already.

johnthekingsingh said:
I really thought this was a pes fan forum u fifa ea xbox fanboys make me sick
I'm a fanboy of nothing, I've said a million times if you like PES that's fair enough. As for "fifa ea xbox fanboys make me sick", ANY fanboys make me sick - you're a PES fanboy and you even make other PES fanboys sick!! You have absolutely no valid arguments.

johnthekingsingh said:
and no i aint a wrestling fan that was sarcasm
Yeah, you were just joking, right. Backtrack, backtrack...

johnthekingsingh said:
you always do your best to justify fifa and xbox.
FIFA maybe, because the game is a massive improvement on previous versions and deserves a look. XBOX? Nope. Been a Sony fan since the PSone, that's not going to change. I barely touch my 360 - doesn't mean it's crap, just means there's not too many games on it yet that I find "stunning". Apart from FIFA 07. So you're wrong there as well.

johnthekingsingh said:
Why is fifa copying pes control system if pro evo is that crap?
They're taking the good elements (core gameplay and button assignments), stripping out the bad ones (players who are magnetised to the ball, even when you press super-cancel, even though you shouldn't have to - why does the game force practically every move upon me?). They even add their own elements (even the guys who prefer PES say the passing system in FIFA is incredible). If you think all of that is a bad thing then you'll never play another football game in your life, even when PES9 has just one league left and the same gameplay you've been playing for six years previous. You just want to pour all of your pennies away to Seabass so that he'll love you more. Which is up to you.

csaunders said:
PES despite all of its flaws, is simply the best multiplayer human vs human sports game there is... sorry jack... fifa migt have all the bells and whistles, but a proprely patched WE10 with 2 v 2, is simply heaven. And now the slower PE6 will make that experience even better...
That's fair enough. I'm glad you feel that way, because yeah, the multiplayer element of PES is fantastic, and I suppose that's the most important element of the game. In truth I'm tempted to get PES for the 360 now because of the online element. So that's great, if you think that's perfection then great, enjoy. :)

Personally, I find the freedom in FIFA exhilirating; I can play my own style of football much more easily than in PES, where I feel every single player just drifts along to the ball all of the time, making it very, very hard to do with the match what I want to do. When I've played FIFA in multiplayer, all of my mates here have been able to do the same thing, ping the ball where they want it to go, and hit amazing shots that they know they've scored themselves without any aid from the CPU, which personally makes me celebrate like a maniac. But, each to their own.

But I'm stuck into Football Manager at the minute anyway :)

El Diego said:
Forget WE10, we are not supposed to play it - it's for the Jap market.
Yeah, totally agree. We shouldn't be buying an improved version of a game we love that we won't see for 6-8 months otherwise which is totally fair, yeah. And yeah, Japanese people don't like the same gameplay that we do, it's made for them, not us. They're totally different.

(turn your sarcasm detectors on people)

numberoneson said:
The game's not even out yet, only a few have actually played it...and some of you hate it already.
I assure you, I have personally played it (PS2 and 360). As much as I personally beg people to not buy the game (FUCK ALL to do with editing reasons but because it is THE SAME GAME as PES5 but with VERY few gameplay tweaks that AREN'T WORTH £30-£40, they could have made a patch out of it for PES5 for all that they've changed), I have to admit that if you love PES5, and you're buying it purely for the multiplayer element (and you don't care that the gameplay is, in all bar one or two departments, exactly the same), then you will be an extremely happy games-player, and that's great, I'm seriously not knocking that one bit.

Last edited:

Can I take you up on this point Jack:

If you buy PES6, Konami will think it is okay to produce the same game as the year before and add NOTHING NEW. I am pleading with you, PLEASE DO NOT BUY PES6, or you are ruining PES7 for us all. If you want more than PES6 with a new stadium and a new license next year, hit them where it hurts. Don't stand for it any longer.

People didn't stop buying Fifa - and according to you they've made big steps this year. I think it's a complete myth that games companies don't want to improve their products year by year. The 360 version of PES was never going to make huge steps this year - it's just testing the water on the next gen stage as it were. They've improved the graphics (3D crowd, high resolution textures, better pitch, more detailed player models etc) - add to that a few little changes like quick free kicks etc and I'm more than happy with what they've done this year. Nothing revolutionary but it'll keep me very happy until the next installment (where I'd expect some greater next gen improvements)

Yes its annoying that the editing functions have been removed - but that's been the story of next gen on the 360 so far. Most games have features cut from the 360 version (whether down to time constraints or whatever). Fifa is exactly the same with half the amount of teams and stadia as the current gen versions. It sucks but hopefully things will improve when the PS3 comes on the market and companies don't have to cater for the old consoles any longer.

Last edited:

twoodster said:
Can I take you up on this point Jack:

People didn't stop buying Fifa - and according to you they've made big steps this year. I think it's a complete myth that games companies don't want to improve their products year by year. The 360 version of PES was never going to make huge steps this year - it's just testing the water on the next gen stage as it were. They've improved the graphics (3D crowd, high resolution textures, better pitch, more detailed player models etc) - add to that a few little changes like quick free kicks etc and I'm more than happy with what they've done this year. Nothing revolutionary but it'll keep me very happy until the next installment (where I'd expect some greater next gen improvements)

Yes its annoying that the editing functions have been removed - but that's been the story of next gen on the 360 so far. Most games have features cut from the 360 version (whether down to time constraints or whatever). Fifa is exactly the same with half the amount of teams and stadia as the current gen versions. It sucks but hopefully things will improve when the PS3 comes on the market and companies don't have to cater for the old consoles any longer.

This has got to be the post that completely and totally sums up my oppinion on this game. Great job twidster;)

twoodster said:
People didn't stop buying Fifa - and according to you they've made big steps this year.
I didn't support the buying of FIFA in any year previous to this one. EA are not a company I have ever, ever previously supported. FIFA has always been dire compared to Pro Evo. But, in my opinion (and several other PES-players' opinions), not this year.

twoodster said:
I think it's a complete myth that games companies don't want to improve their products year by year. The 360 version of PES was never going to make huge steps this year - it's just testing the water on the next gen stage as it were.
So, what, they've released is a test game? So why the hell should it have been released, or much more to the point, why should anyone buy it?! That about sums up why I completely and totally disagree with PES6 being released!!

twoodster said:
They've improved the graphics (3D crowd, high resolution textures, better pitch, more detailed player models etc)
Which we're not supposed to care about, we only care about the gameplay... We all feel guilty if we ever wish for better graphics...

twoodster said:
add to that a few little changes like quick free kicks etc and I'm more than happy with what they've done this year.
Well, seriously, that's great. You'll love the game and that's fair enough, I'm not stopping you from playing it. If you think what they've done is worth any money and you have fun with it then go for it and enjoy yourself, that's what games are for after all.

twoodster said:
Yes its annoying that the editing functions have been removed
Since you were aiming your post at me personally, can I just say, I do not give a monkeys about editing. I usually played PES with Man Red and all that still in there. I couldn't give a toss what it looks like or if Rooney is called Rooney or Rodney or Rimjob.

twoodster said:
Most games have features cut from the 360 version (whether down to time constraints or whatever).
Again, I'm not moaning about anything being "missing". I know FIFA is the same. Do you think I'm happy about Tranmere being in the current-gen FIFA and not in the next-gen game?

twoodster said:
It sucks but hopefully things will improve when the PS3 comes on the market and companies don't have to cater for the old consoles any longer.
I don't see why I should have to buy two next-gen consoles to experience one complete game of football, but there you go. Again, I don't care about what's missing. PES5 on the 360 (with emulation) is no different to PES6 in my opinion - or at least, not enough of a difference. We all love the gameplay, so that's what's important. So I don't see how a goalkeeper fix, slowing the game down and making the reactions worse is enough of an improvement. Certainly not worth £50 in my book, I think it is absolutely disgusting.

My "campaign", if you like, isn't aimed at anyone who thinks a 0.1% change in the gameplay is a good thing. If you do, then great, you will love the game and you will be happy with it, which is fantastic. It's aimed at those who have seen the facts of the game being PES5 with a facelift and the GK AI being set as it was two years ago, and who think that it's not good enough, and that Konami need to put in some REAL changes, not tweaks that, in programming terms, must have took (literally), what, a day? A week if you're slow, a month if you're very very (very) slow?

I've got no problem with people liking PES, it's a good game. But if you consider that all of the changes considered as major selling points could have been in a PES5 patch (I realise you couldn't do that for an original PS2 game but I'm just referring to how minimal the changes have been), then I feel disgusted that the game is for sale and I don't think it's right, in the least.

I'm not angry about the gameplay, it's great. I'm angry that they've changed so little (whether it's an improvement or not) and sold the game again with a 5 scribbled out and a 6 plopped on top.

Last edited:

I think you have seriously unrealistic expectations for the first PES game on a new console. I can understand you picking on the PS2/PC versions etc for not showing enough improvement - but I don't think you can really lay any blame on the 360 version.

twoodster said:
I think you have seriously unrealistic expectations for the first PES game on a new console. I can understand you picking on the PS2/PC versions etc for not showing enough improvement - but I don't think you can really lay any blame on the 360 version.
The 360 version has gameplay ported from the PS2 version. If they think they've reached their limits on the gameplay on PS2 (which they have already said, I remind you), they shouldn't be selling the game any more, full-stop. If they think "oh we were just lying when we said that, we're making PES6", then they should have made more gameplay improvements than one (or is it two?) and then ported the changes they've made to the 360 version (which they can do, obviously, because they've ported the PS2 gameplay to 360 already). There has been no work on any formats. Apart from the graphics work, I'll give them that - good on the artists. They almost deserve a medal, putting in the amount of work that they have compared to the rest of Seabass' team.

I think Jack's point is that Konami just don't bother about making
major improvements in their game on any console....it does'nt matter.

Whereas, EA who we have rightly slagged off for years, has for the first
time made significant positive strides to make FIFA 07 on the 360 a superb
alternative to PES6.

BTW, I've never bought FIFA since 2000, but I will be getting 07.
And I have always got WE from 5 to 10, but this year FIFA is looking
very attractive since they improved their gameplay notwithstanding
their licenses and authenticity.

It took the guys at EA three 'next-gen' games to change the gameplay - I think we should give Konami at least another year to see what they can do! I don't think we're gonna see too much next-gen gameplay until the current consoles are phased out - right now game companies are too focused on the mass market.

Totally agree. Spot on.

I'm annoyed that people think I'm biased towards either game when I praise FIFA and show my disgust towards PES6. I've bought PES and WE every year for ten years. I've always raved about each new release on here. I've always said FIFA was poor. I feel that I'm being totally fair in everything I've said about both games. PES6 is PES5 with very, very few gameplay improvements. If that's all you want then that's great, you'll give it 10/10.

I have no problem with that. But after ten minutes on PES6 it became more and more clear I could barely tell the difference and for me, personally, I buy each new version because I want a new experience. PES6 has very, very little to offer that, and so personally I wouldn't even rate the game, I'd refuse on the grounds of Konami releasing last year's game with a 6 on the end for full-price - whereas FIFA 07 on the 360 is totally different to anything they've released before. FIFA 07 on current-gen is totally different as well. That's what I expect - or at least, a lot of work on gameplay improvements that we all want (360 direction movement, 360 passing/shooting system, no more master league - a proper, realistic league with promotion and relegation). It doesn't feel like Seabass is working towards anything but a patch for last year's version.

But, again, if you don't consider that a bad thing, then I'm truly happy for you and you will have a brilliant time with the game.

twoodster said:
It took the guys at EA three 'next-gen' games to change the gameplay - I think we should give Konami at least another year to see what they can do! I don't think we're gonna see too much next-gen gameplay until the current consoles are phased out - right now game companies are too focused on the mass market.
That's a good point actually.

But then saying that, EA had a team working on FIFA for the 360 for two years. Seabass will never work on a game for two years because Konami demand he makes three versions a year and brings in a million quid three times a year - and Seabass wouldn't let anybody else work on his baby for two years. So I don't think Pro Evo will ever truly be next-gen.

But hopefully, once all of the next-gen systems are out, Konami will reconsider their position.

That comment reminded me of a similar 'defense' people have used to justify nokami's poor 1st nextgen effort, namely; "But EA have already had 2 games released and now they have finally made a nextgen version at the 3rd time of asking". Now i put this to you and anybody else who uses this defense, what was your reaction when they released the first 2 versions? I know mine, like most of us, that it was along the lines of "typical EA, money grabbing whores selling shoddy halfcomplete gamesoftware to make a buck out of the nextgen community". And rightly so, but now because its pes/nokami doing it, you lot are using it as a valid excuse. Bunch of hypocrits that are telling us, the ones that are criticising nokami, that we should accept it as its their first nextgen version. Atleast we are the ones being consistent here instead of turning a blind eye because its pes.

Well said Chris! I've never been interested in the edit mode, apart from putting the real names on certain teams & trying to get Villa's kit (my team) to look something like the real one. I WILL be buying pro evo 6; i've downloaded the Fifa 07 demo & its good but doesn't have the same feel as pes. The gameplay just ain't as good in Fifa - looking forward to playing on xbox live for the first time too, not looking forward to hammering the analog sticks on my 360 controller though! Roll on Oct 27th....

Back
Top Bottom