PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official News and Discussion Topic

Re: 360 Gameplay Impressions

I'm not buying it this year, I am sticking with PES5 on my 360 and spending my cash on a different game.

Each to their own though.

I sat down a few weeks ago and figured it out, I've spent £1,000 in the last ten years on Pro Evolution games.[/QUOTE]

You cannot have spent £1000 on PES games, even if you have bought every single versions of Pro Evo it'll still not be more than £400.

I am not having a go at you BTW as you do make some valid points.

kamy100 said:
You cannot have spent £1000 on PES games, even if you have bought every single versions of Pro Evo it'll still not be more than £400.

I am not having a go at you BTW as you do make some valid points.
WE 6 (£50)
WE 6 J-League (£50)
WE 6 Final Evolution (£50)
WE 7 (£50)
WE 8 (£50)
WE 8 J-League (£50)
WE 8 International (£50)
WE 8 LiveWare Evolution (£50)
WE 9 (£50)
WE 9 LiveWare Evolution (£50)
WE 10 (£50)
WE 10 J-League (£50)
Total: £600 (import fees NOT INCLUDED)

ISS: PE PSone (£30)
ISS: PE2 PSone (£30)
PES (£40)
PES2 (£40)
PES3 (£40)
PES4 (£40)
PES5 (£40)
Total: £280

Grand Total: £880 (import fees NOT INCLUDED)

It's nice to see that a respected mod agrees as well, at least I know I'm not alone in thinking PES6 is a step too far (or, more accurately, a step too little).

Last edited:

Bingham67 said:
Why not spend 18 months getting edit mode working first then and release the game next year surely that would be better strategy joint release with PS3 version at least that fair for both sides.

Problem is that people prefer a PES release than no release at all.
If there was no game at all this year you would be bitching the same way... they are lazy... bla bla

Bottom line. Still the best football game out there, now its in WS HDTV I'm happy, fuck editing. ISS was amazing and it had players like Allejo or something..... Boycott it all you want... wont make a difference, FIFA has outsold PES in every iteration I thought?

STG said:
and yet the PS3 version released in April will have it all...

you know that for a fact?

well, its 7 more months anyway.
but us europeans will get PES7 for the 360 at the same time as for the PS3. So, no excuses then

I just want to say that I am no way "boycotting" the game. I am sure the gameplay is great and would provide a significant improvement over PES5. However I am not excited about this release, the desire for me to go out and pay £40 for it isn't there. I have PES5 which offers me more options and I still really enjoy the gameplay.

What I don't play/have I can't miss, so I will skip this year and keep faith they give us the full monty version next year.

i'm only getting this for the online play really, and nothing you edit goes over to online mode anyway, so its not that big of a deal to me, i bet a lot of others think the same.

Just by pes 6, and if you really like it, FIFA 2007. But don´t buy FIFA because Konami are lazy fucks. If you want to boycot, don´t buy any soccergame at all.

Maybe it´s not an important question for the most, but do you, Mart, know if there are classic players and teams, and is Zidane with the classic teams?

Caniggia said:
I can't buy FIFA 2007. It's because of the graphics. All the players look like monkeys and prehistoric humans.

exactly, so there is no reason to buy FIFA 2007 instead of PES 6. For the gameplay? Don't make me laugh, I played the demo, and it was worse then FIFA 2006!

1) Are the crowd sound effects better than previous games?

Nope, sounds pretty much the same to me though maybe less compressed.

2) What are the 'superstar' players like, eg. does Cristiano Ronaldo or Ronaldinho look like their real-life counterparts when in posession of the ball?

No more/less than usual.

3) What style of goals have you scored so far? Any screamers (eg. shot from outside the box, a volley, a diving header etc?)

Many different types, some nice headers, a volley, outside the box. No free-kicks yet though, they feel different to WE10.

4) Does it play better than the FIFA07 demo (in your opinion)?

Yes but the final FIFA may play better.

5) Does it seem like it has the playable depth of previous PES titles?

Yes it is still PES.

6) do you, Mart, know if there are classic players and teams, and is Zidane with the classic teams?

I don't think so, there are no unlocks and Zidane doesn't appear in a quick search in the transfer market.

i can further add to this

its also being discussed at

http://www.pesfan.com/bulletin/showt...=138790&page=6

AND...

another review of the game at

http://www.pesfan.com/bulletin/showthread.php?t=139124

a video of the game there also by the poster

http://img20.imageshack.us/my.php?image=editmodewv6.jpg

http://img20.imageshack.us/my.php?im...tplayergc4.jpg

....have to add that im still getting the game on the 360. i had hoped that you could transfer players however i am pleased that the squads are currently uptodate as it is rare that major deals are done in jan so it should not be too much of an issue t=hat you cannot register players to clubs. furthermore kit editing i can live without, though it would have been nice. i am glad you can edit stats though.

...i think ppl r mad though if they are going to buy fifa after this.its a kneejerk reaction and from what i have played, it's far too easy to score in fifa.

Last edited by a moderator:

questions mart, some relate to 'confirmed' comments-

1) can you confirm that the weather changes randomly during a match (variable weather conditions)

2) do you have the names of the 8 stadia and can you confirm that you cannot unlock any stadia thus the game has only 8 stadoums in it

3) when they say refs are more random in terms of their strictness some are strict some are not is there any way to gauge this- is there a rating etc or do you have to play and tell who is stricter etc

4) are there quick freekicks that can be taken

5) you cannot register players to clubs but can you change the squads for the national teams>

6) do you have a list of the unlockables?

Last edited by a moderator:

well this video should put the "its the gameplay that counts" argument to rest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cma63wutUSg

hasnt changed one bit.

Can someone remind me again, why do i need this game if i have #3, 4 and 5??

i've cancelled my pre-order. Ordered marvel ultimate alliance instead, and i'll give this a rental when i have nothing better to do.

Gameplay on PS2 and 360 is the same. Confirmed in several reviews, you can find them for yourselves.

girish said:
1) can you confirm that the weather changes randomly during a match (variable weather conditions)

2) do you have the names of the 8 stadia and can you confirm that you cannot unlock any stadia thus the game has only 8 stadoums in it

3) when they say refs are more random in terms of their strictness some are strict some are not is there any way to gauge this- is there a rating etc or do you have to play and tell who is stricter etc

4) are there quick freekicks that can be taken

5) you cannot register players to clubs but can you change the squads for the national teams>

6) do you have a list of the unlockables?

1) Possibly but I haven't noticed it much other than the usual rain/no rain.

2) I'm pretty sure there are no unlockables so yes there are only 8.
[Stade Louis II, Orange Arena, Teatro Blanco [Old Trafford], San Siro, Stadio Olimpico, Santiago Bernabeu, Catalonia Stadium, Antlion Colosseum]

3) The refs are the usual, you work out which by playing with them.

4) Quick freekicks are in as per WE10.

5) Nope, there are no options for teams.

6) No unlocks as far as I can see, the PS2 version still has the PES-Shop but there is nothing of the sort in the 360 version.

Quick question for you,Mart;

I've read that there are 18 "editable" teams in Others C. I think this was some kind of allowance for not even attempting a Bundesliga. If that's the case, what are the editing options for these teams?
I think I could just about put up with Mersey Red v Patagonia, but Team 1 v Team 12 would just be ridiculous.

Let me know if you can,mate. Ta

ianscott42 said:
Quick question for you,Mart;

I've read that there are 18 "editable" teams in Others C. I think this was some kind of allowance for not even attempting a Bundesliga. If that's the case, what are the editing options for these teams?
I think I could just about put up with Mersey Red v Patagonia, but Team 1 v Team 12 would just be ridiculous.

Let me know if you can,mate. Ta
There is no "Team 1" to "Team 18" in the XBOX 360 version. Only in the PS2 version.

I read this in an interview with Seabass.

Are there plans to allow players to trade custom content such as option files via Xbox Live?

Seabass: The opportunities that Xbox Live and Marketplace offer are very tempting to me as a developer. However, I regret to say that it won't be available in this version because we're busy focusing on the other elements needed to create a next-gen game, plus we want to make the online game much better. In the future we hope to include more Marketplace options if there is the demand. We're also considering updating rosters, although that depends on licensing issues.

Source: http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/730/730120p2.html

At least we may be able to get some updated teams post January transfer window.

Back
Top Bottom