PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official News and Discussion Topic

Re: 360 Gameplay Impressions

Cheers man.

What about Saviola, Joaquin and Vicente? What about Quaresma? Does he look decent? and Nani?

Bloody hell stop bothering Mart with "What colour is Messi's underwear?" etc, ask important things that effect the game; i.e. game speed, difficulty curve, CPU A.I. etc.

Some questions if you get 5 minutes Mart:

1) Are the crowd sound effects better than previous games?
2) What are the 'superstar' players like, eg. does Cristiano Ronaldo or Ronaldinho look like their real-life counterparts when in posession of the ball?
3) What style of goals have you scored so far? Any screamers (eg. shot from outside the box, a volley, a diving header etc?)
4) Does it play better than the FIFA07 demo (in your opinion)?
5) Does it seem like it has the playable depth of previous PES titles?

Last edited by a moderator:

The shooting still quite random? meaning if you slightly overpress will it still go VERY high into the stands?

El Diego said:
Bloody hell stop bothering Mart with "What colour is Messi's underwear?" etc, ask important things that effect the game; i.e. game speed, difficulty curve, CPU A.I. etc.

Some questions if you get 5 minutes Mart:

1) Are the crowd sound effects better than previous games?
2) What are the 'superstar' players like, eg. does Cristiano Ronaldo or Ronaldinho look like their real-life counterparts when in posession of the ball?
3) What style of goals have you scored so far? Any screamers (eg. shot from outside the box, a volley, a diving header etc?)
4) Does it play better than the FIFA07 demo (in your opinion)?
5) Does it seem like it has the playable depth of previous PES titles?
This is a forum so I'm free to ask whatever questions I want:roll:
If you don't like then you can suck my balls.
STG said:
The shooting still quite random? meaning if you slightly overpress will it still go VERY high into the stands?
Does that depend on who you are?

But Jess none of us REALLY care what colour Messi's pants are! Ask something that EFFECTS the game so Mart doesn't have to load a million menus to see if a player has white boots or not.

Jess C said:
This is a forum so I'm free to ask whatever questions I want:roll:
If you don't like then you can suck my balls.

Does that depend on who you are?

Nope, i've had it happen with quite a few who can REALLY hit a ball.

El Diego said:
But Jess none of us REALLY care what colour Messi's pants are! Ask something that EFFECTS the game so Mart doesn't have to load a million menus to see if a player has white boots or not.

Never the less it's something I was curious about. I really couldn't give a rat's ass what you think about my question and I can't understand why you're having a bitch fit over a simple question about the accuracy of boots, especially seeing as we won't be able to edit them in game ourselves. My questions are just that, my questions, not yours. If I want to ask about the details of a few players then so be it.

Jess C said:
Never the less it's something I was curious about. I really couldn't give a rat's ass what you think about my question and I can't understand why you're having a bitch fit over a simple question about the accuracy of boots, especially seeing as we won't be able to edit them in game ourselves. My questions are just that, my questions, not yours. If I want to ask about the details of a few players then so be it.

:roll:

I can fucking guarantee that if it was the PS3 which was out and not the 360 this game would be the Dog's Bollcock and would be amazing, and that's not me bigging up the PS3, it's the fact Konami lick Sony's ass and won't even start to develop a remotely next gen version of PES until Sony have the PS3 out.

Konami are losing my respect, they fucking hate us Europeans.

I have to wait 8 months for MGS3: Subsistence, they want me to wait until September 2007 for Portable Ops on the PSP when the game is released in Japan/USA this Winter, they will probably delay MGS4 in Europe as well and now they can't even be bothered to provide us with a proper edit mode...a feature which they put on ISS Pro Evolution six years ago on a way inferior console (hardware wise) to the 360, wtf? how much harder can it be to simply implement a feature like edit mode into the game like they have been doing for 6 years already and like they have done for the PS2 version. As for slow down, that again = wtf? I thought slow down happened because the previous PES version were pushing the hardware capabilities of the PS2 but the 360 being as powerful as it is shouldn't be showing slow down yet surely?

Konami have fucked Europeans over yet again.

Last edited:

Lets not get out of hand keep it calm now guys although i think alot of people were peeved yesterday at the announcement me included for good reason.

There no need for name calling etc it detierates the forums so lets chill and enjoy PES6 without no edit mode if we can. :king:

Oldham said:
I can fucking guarantee that if it was the PS3 which was out and not the 360 this game would be the Dog's Bollcoks and that's not me bigging up the PS3 it's the fact Konami lick Sony's ass and won't even start to develop a remotely next gen version until Sony have the PS3 out.

Konami are losing my respect, they fucking hate us Europeans.

I have to wait 8 months for MGS3: Subsistence, they want me to wait until September 2007 for Portable Ops on the PSP when the game is released in Japan/USA this Winter, they will probably delay MGS4 in Europe as well and now they can't even be bothered to provide us with a proper edit mode...a feature which they put on ISS Pro Evolution six years ago on a way inferior console (hardware wise) to the 360, wtf? how much harder can it be to simply implement a feature like edit mode into the game like they have been doing for 6 years already and like they have done for the PS2 version. As for slow down, that again = wtf? I thought slow down happened because the previous PES version were pushing the hardware capabilities of the PS2 but the 360 being as powerful as it is shouldn't be showing slow down yet surely?

Konami have fucked Europeans over yet again.

I agree with what you say although it could be just theory. I dont want it to be like this dont get me wrong but it could be the truth.

I know i might be being abit bold about this statement and im sorry I offend anyone here. But im sorry to say Japanese dont like the West, Europe etc they dont want to offend there loyal Playstation fans in there country its why Microsoft does not do well in Japan etc.

Of course this is many things in a long list of conspiracy theories as to why Seabass has left editing out of 360 version. But ive had a long think waying up options for a long time and i keep coming back to this because it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Last edited:

Bingham67 said:
I agree with what you say although it could be just theory. I dont want it to be like this dont get me wrong but it could be the truth.

I know i might be being abit bold about this statement and im sorry I offend anyone here. But im sorry to say Japanese dont like the West, Europe etc they dont want to offend there loyal Playstation fans in there country its why Microsoft does not do well in Japan etc.

You are correct, Sony/Konami will put the effort in for their own country because they are loyal to their fanbase in Japan. They'll put the effort in for the US why? because it's the biggest market in the world and it's where the majority of their $$$$ comes from. Europe/Austrlia etc? We play second fiddle, it's okay for them to keep us waiting in their eyes because we aren't important, hence the delays for a variety of games and the delays for the PS3.

geez, there are more conspiracy theories here than in average Tom Clancy's book...

The matter is rather simple:
There are over 100 million PS2s sold worldwide, and taking very conservative approach let's assume only 5% of PS2 users buy PES/WE, that is 5million copies sold every year AT LEAST...

In the other corner we have 360 with 5-6 million units sold worldwide to date... Taking the same 5% assumption this translates to 250-300k copies of PES6 sold...

You don't have to be a genius to figure out how much effort is going to be put in the next gen vs current gen...

But, what surprises (or not) is that even current gen game suffers... It is made using the same engine with little tweaks etc...

Konami made a base engine for next gen platforms for the past year and a half and this engine apparently has huge potential in the long run (like PES3 engine, so they built next 3 iterations from it)...

It is reasonabe to certain extent that Konami decided to exclude Editing mode as this alone takes ages to implement properly. It can't be ported simply as people expect and taking the previous argument into consideration, it is reasonable that spending extra time and money on it will not pay off...

For the similar reasons Konami decided not to make PES6 for PS3 this year... With only 500K consoles at launch in US and Japan, there is no much potential.

Next year it will be different story... We'll have probably around 15 million 360s and about 10million PS3s so more development time will pay off in the long run...

The bottom line is, we HAVE PES6 on 360, and it is widescreen. It plays same good game of football and we should take it as it is until next year. Let's just hope that the net code is well implemented and we can forget about editing for a while and play our hearts off in online tournaments...

I'll see you all on Live for those that are still true fans of football!!!

milosh said:
It is reasonabe to certain extent that Konami decided to exclude Editing mode as this alone takes ages to implement properly. It can't be ported simply as people expect

It's no harder to implement the edit mode in the 360 than it is to for the PS2. If the rosters are the same for the 360 and PS2 then it's the same database which will be used. I don't see how an edit mode on the 360 would be different from the PS2 if the rosters are the same. It would just be the same edit mode like the PES 5 edit mode for the PS2 and XBOX. So I don't buy that it is hard to implement at all.

Oldham said:
It's no harder to implement the edit mode in the 360 than it is to for the PS2. If the rosters are the same for the 360 and PS2 then it's the same database which will be used. I don't see how an edit mode on the 360 would be different from the PS2 if the rosters are the same. It would just be the same edit mode like the PES 5 edit mode for the PS2 and XBOX. So I don't buy that it is hard to implement at all.

Well, in an interview Seabass said that it really was hard to implement the full edit mode. Cause of the graphics, the kits, its all different, it would take them 1 year more to do it all.

So, i agree with the guy that posted 2 posts above... enjoy the gameplay this year, and let the guys to their jobs and include everything that is missing for next year.
It's the first PES on next generation, the console has only 1 year.
Just compare PES2 to PES4 in the PS2.

FIFA07 is letting alot of things out of the 360 version too. People just talk but don't realize that it may not be that easy and fast to make an all new next gen PES with everything that is included in current gen.

In 5 years time we'll all be bitching about PES11 on the xbox720 or whatever. By then PES8, 9 and 10 will have everything for the 360 and ps3 and when the next-next gen consoles appear it will be the same talk all over again.

thisempty said:
Well, in an interview Seabass said that it really was hard to implement the full edit mode. Cause of the graphics, the kits, its all different, it would take them 1 year more to do it all.

So, i agree with the guy that posted 2 posts above... enjoy the gameplay this year, and let the guys to their jobs and include everything that is missing for next year.
It's the first PES on next generation, the console has only 1 year.
Just compare PES2 to PES4 in the PS2.

FIFA07 is letting alot of things out of the 360 version too. People just talk but don't realize that it may not be that easy and fast to make an all new next gen PES with everything that is included in current gen.

In 5 years time we'll all be bitching about PES11 on the xbox720 or whatever. By then PES8, 9 and 10 will have everything for the 360 and ps3 and when the next-next gen consoles appear it will be the same talk all over again.

and yet the PS3 version released in April will have it all...

Oldham said:

Trust me, if it was just a SIMPLE port, they would do it...

Without repeating everything again, I think the person above me sum it up well...

PC/PS2/Xbox were all based on the same engine and code... where as 360 uses the same code as a base but the engine running it is different hence the need for recreating all the kits, balls, boots, jerseys etc... and that takes time...

With PES6 on 360 it is the same as in the old saying, some people will see "glass half empty some glass half full"...

I'm on a positive side as it is easy to ditch the game and recommend not buying PES6 as a sign to Konami that people are not happy, that's fine as this lower demand will have an impact, but people forget that lower demand means that there might not be PES7 for 360 then if Konami sees poor sales... so it works both ways...

Anyways, those were my 2c, now back to work...

milosh said:
Trust me, if it was just a SIMPLE port, they would do it...

Without repeating everything again, I think the person above me sum it up well...

PC/PS2/Xbox were all based on the same engine and code... where as 360 uses the same code as a base but the engine running it is different hence the need for recreating all the kits, balls, boots, jerseys etc... and that takes time...

With PES6 on 360 it is the same as in the old saying, some people will see "glass half empty some glass half full"...

I'm on a positive side as it is easy to ditch the game and recommend not buying PES6 as a sign to Konami that people are not happy, that's fine as this lower demand will have an impact, but people forget that lower demand means that there might not be PES7 for 360 then if Konami sees poor sales... so it works both ways...

Anyways, those were my 2c, now back to work...

But its no excuse you dont release the game you delay it if you cant get it fully working or not release it at all imo.

Im sorry but you cant deny the fact how Konami works they favour in there country and would not suprise me if all these theories are true.

Lets face it after Microsoft come out with statement we got blah blah for months its like what can Konami do to soften the blow.

These are Valid points and should be taken into consideration at end of day Konami are not all the happy nice guys they seem although its rival is far far worse.

Its just an excuse for lazyness its a rush job simple as and makes Konami look like moneygrabbers imo for the first time in its History which is a sad site.

Why not spend 18 months getting edit mode working first then and release the game next year surely that would be better strategy joint release with PS3 version at least that fair for both sides.

And during this time let people know whats going on one thing that Konami is poor is working with public and this is a problem with alot of developers just not Konami. And if it got more fans involved with creating the game would imo be a stonker unbeatable it could even be unchangeable in the end.

If they got a PES site up with forums i know they have but it sucks tbh.Its a method Atari adapts where you can chat with developers more hands on approach it makes you feel happy that your being listened to.

Its simple things like this what make a great company they are good but they need to support Europe more we give them money end of day.

And dont say ah well but Microsoft want a footie game from Konami well i tell you what Konami has more power over Microsoft. The reason is simple if Konami says im not developing for 360 would leave Microsoft very red faced with fans Konami could easily do this so no excuse on that matter.

Last edited:

Bingham67 said:
But its no excuse you dont release the game you delay it if you cant get it fully working or not release it at all imo.

Im sorry but you cant deny the fact how Konami works they favour in there country and would not suprise me if all these theories are true.

Lets face it after Microsoft come out with statement we got blah blah for months its like what can Konami do to soften the blow.

These are Valid points and should be taken into consideration at end of day Konami are not all the happy nice guys they seem although its rival is far far worse.

Its just an excuse for lazyness its a rush job simple as and makes Konami look like moneygrabbers imo for the first time in its History which is a sad site.

Why not spend 18 months getting edit mode working first then and release the game next year surely that would be better strategy joint release with PS3 version at least that fair for both sides.

And during this time let people know whats going on one thing that Konami is poor is working with public and this is a problem with alot of developers just not Konami. And if it got more fans involved with creating the game would imo be a stonker unbeatable it could even be unchangeable in the end.

If they got a PES site up with forums i know they have but it sucks tbh.Its a method Atari adapts where you can chat with developers more hands on approach it makes you feel happy that your being listened to.

Its simple things like this what make a great company they are good but they need to support Europe more we give them money end of day.

And dont say ah well but Microsoft want a footie game from Konami well i tell you what Konami has more power over Microsoft. The reason is simple if Konami says im not developing for 360 would leave Microsoft very red faced with fans Konami could easily do this so no excuse on that matter.

I'm not here to defend Konami at all even though I know the guys behind PES/WE in person and they are quite a cool bunch, but that's beside the point.

I'm disappointed as much as eveyone else here with what we are served, but like I said before, you can look at things from bright or dark side, you choose.

PES6 for 360 is what it is, and no whinging, bashing, complaining, or protesting will change that... If you like football for what it is, you'll enjoy as the gamplay is superb. And you will take time to get used to all of its flaws just as we did with every other PES iteration.

If you are so fussed about editing, buy a PS2/PC version and edit your heart out.

It is not fair what Konami and EA are doing for years. They both became money making machines only...

In my honest opinion, Konami should easily take 2-3 years of development time and give us a game that is absolutely incredible in every way... and ditch this EA type of business coming out every year with the new iteration of the game... it is BS... Konami comes out with 4 different versions of the same (slightly tweaked) game EACH YEAR...

True AAA games are developed in many years, like Halo/Halo2, Ninja Gaiden, Half Life 1 and 2, Resident Evel 4 etc...

CORNWALL said:
Please come back online Mart, We need you !!!
He needs to come online to read that which makes that request pointless. :lol: ;)

I appreciate a lot of you are dissapointed over the features that are missing and make pro evolution soccer so great!

I am just looking forward to playing the game on xbox live on my 360 in HD.

I tried FIFA on the 360 but just cant play it.....its more of a kids game and due to the fact I'm an ole timer at 36 next month, I feel like a challenge.

Anyone want to play me online when they get it, add my gamertag - moreno70 and i'll give you a good game.

Roll on Pro Evolution Soccer 7 and maybe we'll get what we all want in the game.

And to think i was going to get a ps3! I'll not be suprised if its delayed again in the uk next year too!

I played the ps2 version of pes6. It's is a lot of fun to play and easily the best PES/WE to date. The overall gameplay is better than what Fifa 07 has to offer (even though fifa07 is a huge improvement and pes6 improvements are less radical).

I expect the gameplay in Pes360 to be a little better than the ps2's. It is also in widescreen and HD.

I am going really going to enjoy this. I don't care about editing and stadiums. I want a great football experience and pes6 delivers. I cannot even imagine not buying it.

How are you gonna say you won't buy it if you havn't even played it? I want all you guys that own a 360 to buy it and try it for a week. Then we'll see if you would return it to the shop.
Konami might be lazy or they might even be pissing in our face. But their new game will still be the best soccergame available.

Yeah, let's all boycott the best soccergame there is because it could be even better.

mazanga said:
Yeah, let's all boycott the best soccergame there is because it could be even better.

i get ur point, but unless some drastic action is taken, Konami will forever continue to fob us off with unfulfilled potential.

Would you buy a book that had the same story as the one you just finished reading? what about paying 25% extra for the same story, but with a better picture and less character development, plot and no ending?

If Seabass came out and said. look we are sorry, but you can get it now, play it, and we'll give you an update on Marketplace in feb after the transfers, fair enough, but as it is we are paying an extra #10, or 15e, for something half arsed and worse than the PS2 version......

mazanga said:
I played the ps2 version of pes6. It's is a lot of fun to play and easily the best PES/WE to date. The overall gameplay is better than what Fifa 07 has to offer (even though fifa07 is a huge improvement and pes6 improvements are less radical).

I expect the gameplay in Pes360 to be a little better than the ps2's. It is also in widescreen and HD.

I am going really going to enjoy this. I don't care about editing and stadiums. I want a great football experience and pes6 delivers. I cannot even imagine not buying it.

How are you gonna say you won't buy it if you havn't even played it? I want all you guys that own a 360 to buy it and try it for a week. Then we'll see if you would return it to the shop.
Konami might be lazy or they might even be pissing in our face. But their new game will still be the best soccergame available.

Surlely a great football experience includes proper (editable) kits and editable names.....

A football experience Manchester United V North Red blah blah or whatever hardly constitutes a complete football experience, plus we are being asked to pay £10 more for the benefit of a lesser game!

mazanga said:

I agree with this guy.

Okay, this is the last time I'll try to make my point, I swear. Maybe.

I've played the PS2 version and I've read that the gameplay on the 360 is no different (which has been since confirmed by several sources). As someone in another thread pointed out, the people who were saying "they've reached their limits on the PS2, wait for the 360 version and it'll be amazing" have no excuses left now. "It's their first next-gen game" isn't a valid excuse, the game is a port and nothing more. They've not done any kind of work on it, apart from 3D crowds (wowee), and I'm absolutely disgusted. I'm even tempted (seriously) to start a website with the aim of making people boycott all forms of PES6, because all it is is WE10, but slower, and with even WORSE reaction times. And PES7 will be the same game with a few more random tweaks. It feels like he's just sat down and gone "right, okay, what should we do this time? Randomise the game speed, delete that league... That'll do. God I'm getting too old for this job. Night Mavis!"

I'm amazed by FIFA 07 on the 360. And I'm no fanboy either - I wouldn't have joined Evo-Web if I ever thought I'd like FIFA for more than five minutes, but I'm playing the 360 demo every day. The freedom of movement, the freedom of ball placement, the humanisation of the players... There's no magnets, no robots, no numbers games (i.e. he's not hit enough shots yet so I'm saving this shot, even though it was going in the bottom corner and if this was real life I couldn't physically get that). It takes me back to the days of Sensible World of Soccer, and I didn't think I could feel like that again, I thought I was "too old".

I couldn't go back to PES. I tried, with PES6, and it was just like having a remote control for a bunch of scalextric footballers. It's not the same any more. They're drawn to the ball like idiots, the shots can only go to one of three places, and the reactions in PES6 are WORSE. The game has gone BACKWARDS.

Saying that, if FIFA 07 falls to pieces when it comes out, if the online mode is terrible or anything like that, then I guess I'll have no choice. I'll be getting a pre-owned version though. I sat down a few weeks ago and figured it out, I've spent £1,000 in the last ten years on Pro Evolution games. ISS:PE2 on the PSone was amazing. The first PES on PS2 was pretty poor. The next one was alright. Then I started getting into the two Jap releases per year. Add them all up to WE10, and it's £1,000. What's been added? About 20 gameplay tweaks, a master league that is WORSE than the original three-tier one, licenses that I could care less about, and better graphics that I could care less about. More leagues? No. Lower leagues? No. The ability to change jobs in the master league? No. Less magnetic players? No. Dog heads? YES, oh thank you Konami, I never thought I'd see such an advancement in my lifetime!!

It sickens me to think how I've just gone out and spent that much money on the same game over and over. Earlier this year I sat down with all of the Pro Evo games I had, and they all played pretty much exactly the same. A more intelligent run here and a "Stanley Matthews feint" there isn't worth £1,000. It isn't worth £50. IT ISN'T EVEN WORTH £10.

If I could have my £1,000 back and go back to ISS:PE2 on the PSone I wouldn't even think about it. I'm almost tempted to write to Seabass and demand it, actually. I've donated this money to someone I considered a genius, and now it's become crystal clear that he made a great game and has just churned it out ever since, with an extra passing animation or a Man U license.

If you buy PES6 brand-new then you are guaranteeing for everybody in this forum that PES7 will be the same game with a random Premiership license and even more gameplay problems.

PES6 would be a good sequel to PES3 maybe, and PES3 may have been a good sequel to ISS:PE2 on the PSone. That's three games. In the last ten years, there have been almost TWENTY Pro Evolution games on the PlayStation and PlayStation2, if you count the ones released in Europe and then the even-further-tweaked versions released in Japan that a lot of us buy.

The game hasn't been a revolution, it hasn't been an evolution, it's been a tweak. And if you keep giving Konami your hard-earned money for a tweak then the game will never be a truly next-gen game. PES6 is a PSone game with a few neat touches. This is what Seabass does and he is going to continue to do, making millions upon millions three times a year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom