PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official News and Discussion Topic

Re: 360 Gameplay Impressions

I'd urge you not to buy it but I can see myself getting banned seeing as there's big "buy Pro Evo here" banners at the top of the forums...

I'll try not to post and dig at the game, my point is in my sig and that'll have to do I suppose, I shouldn't try and push it down everybody's throats and I apologise.

But I'm seriously concerned about the future of the game. PES6 does nothing new. If anything, it does what PES5 does, but worse, and with a league missing, twenty stadiums missing, and no edit options, with slower reactions, which makes online play a chore (so yeah, as far as I can tell, the gameplay [cue shouts of THAT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING SO F-YOU] has got worse)... I could go on. But if people want to pay £40 and get the most up-to-date version then that's up to them.

Seabass will cry laughing when he sees the game is still selling. I wonder if this was a drunken bet - "hey lads, do you reckon if we put PES5 on the 360 and called it PES6 anyone would notice?"

Last edited:

jonny reid said:
Who is the pitchside reporter?
Erm, I switched off the commentary as soon as Brackley blurted something about holding on to my seat before I kicked off. Nothing in the credits about a pitchside reporter either. I'll put it back on if I get back to a game again.

jonny reid said:
Just watched the video on the french site, and i can't see any slowdown on corners or free kicks(Brazil v France).I Don't think this guys got the game if he has post some videos!!!
"This guy?" How dare you!

If the gameplay is like WE10 which is a massive improvement over PES5 then thats great, so far on the vids I have seen it seems to be.

No editing of team names and kits, player likeness is a massive loss though.

These news have been the second last nail in the coffin. I will look how the demo is, if KONAMI bothers to put one together for the 360. Last PES i have is PES5 PC so maybe i will get PES6 for the PC. But i dont want to give my money to KONAMI for nothing! So maybe i will skip this year, and next years or as many it takes, if there isnt significant improvements on the series.

I think some people miss the point on occassion, Pro Evolution is a very very good game and so as the saying goes "if it ain't broke dont fix it" Would seabass risk losing the greatness of the game just because we want a SIGNIFICANT update of the game? We look at Fifa and we see that literally every year they change everything and anything to try and get the gameplay correct.

Pro Evo is an excellent game, and doesn't require such a facelift, just small tweaks to make it just that little bit more realistic (very similar to Football Manager)

However, this does not detract from the fact that a HUGE feature that people love has been removed from a game that is costing more than the current gen model.

This I'll be honest is making me slightly rage and hoping that Fifa has something close to Pro Evo, I've enjoyed the demo on Fifa, sure it has it's flaws but so does Pro Evo....I've just played a tournament in Pro Evo 5 nd the scripting almost made me throw my controller through the window.

I just hope that there is some scope in the very close future (such as patching)that will allow us to put the proper kits on players...It is a huge element of the game as we talk about realism....

Noted said:
I urge everyone not to buy this. If we continue to give Konami money they will continue to churn out the same shit every year. What a dissapointment.

Fifa 07 on 360 for me thank you..

But you stop with Konami who in your opinion do same shit every year and goto Ea nice one lol. :lol:

Well imo previous releases of Pro Evo have been great improved alot but what im angry at now is Konami missing lack of features its something you would associate with EA and there bugs.

What people need to do or what we all need to do is somehow get attention of Konami and get answers.

Not jump ship to EA crap sports because Pro Evo missing alot of options EA even worse for it there no saints either.

Hi Mart don't mean to offend you but every year we get guys saying they have the game and don't have it.Please accept my apologies.

the_j_man said:
I think some people miss the point on occassion, Pro Evolution is a very very good game and so as the saying goes "if it ain't broke dont fix it" Would seabass risk losing the greatness of the game just because we want a SIGNIFICANT update of the game? We look at Fifa and we see that literally every year they change everything and anything to try and get the gameplay correct.

Pro Evo is an excellent game, and doesn't require such a facelift, just small tweaks to make it just that little bit more realistic (very similar to Football Manager)

However, this does not detract from the fact that a HUGE feature that people love has been removed from a game that is costing more than the current gen model.

This I'll be honest is making me slightly rage and hoping that Fifa has something close to Pro Evo, I've enjoyed the demo on Fifa, sure it has it's flaws but so does Pro Evo....I've just played a tournament in Pro Evo 5 nd the scripting almost made me throw my controller through the window.

I just hope that there is some scope in the very close future (such as patching)that will allow us to put the proper kits on players...It is a huge element of the game as we talk about realism....

Sorry but I have to disagree. The problem is, if they are going to charge people £50 for a game which has slightly heavier gameplay, slower reaction times, no real edit mode, no bundesliga and even slowdown, then why should we be buying it.
Its ridiculous. At least Fifa changes things every year and have even added a good edit mode this year on the 360 according to pics.
I'm sorry to say but I think Pro Evo is going down the pan. Few years from now we may not even see it anymore and it will be Japan only.

My guess is they are going to make you pay for roster updates on xbox live like they do with Madden and other sport games.

Noted said:
Sorry but I have to disagree. The problem is, if they are going to charge people £50 for a game which has slightly heavier gameplay, slower reaction times, no real edit mode, no bundesliga and even slowdown, then why should we be buying it.
Its ridiculous. At least Fifa changes things every year and have even added a good edit mode this year on the 360 according to pics.
I'm sorry to say but I think Pro Evo is going down the pan. Few years from now we may not even see it anymore and it will be Japan only.

Sorry, I maybe didn't get my point across, I feel, like most of us that we re being asked to pay a premium for a lesser product. In terms of gameplay Pro Evo again seems to be taking a step back, at least on the xbox360 version, I would agree with you that this Pro Evo is probably going to be the most unpopular.

jonny reid said:
Hi Mart don't mean to offend you but every year we get guys saying they have the game and don't have it.Please accept my apologies.
I was just kidding mate.

Noted said:
Bear in mind, though, I haven't played the PS2 version and I'm hearing that that is also slower/heavier than WE10 and there won't be Bundesliga in any versions.

The rest yeah.

Noted said:

Whereas the 360 version of Fifa has half the amount of stadiums as the current gen version, half the amount of leagues, and also has very bad slowdown (during replays and the occasional corner kick). At the end of the day - EA and Konami have both fucked up this year! Konami can be forgiven perhaps seeing as its their first next gen PES game. EA have had 3 next gen Fifa's to get it right and they still haven't!!

No content download lozenge on the box at all.

Not sure about regions, I don't have a foreign console to try it on, sorry.

Noted said:

Please stop ignoring my points.

But you jump ship to EA because it has slightly new features so does Pro Evo sorry but your theory is useless.

Fifa 07 will have slowdown EA are notorious for bugs they are the worse company for customer support ever. Look at Road to world cup games slowdown in replays same with Fifa 07 demo it wont change.

And you know dam well why Konami has no Bundesliga because EA hog licence so again no excuse because Konami are locked out.

Beleive the hype all you wish but i see you running back to PES 6 months down the line.

Imo the games have improved alot in past but to screw people over now is bad with the Edit mode. Im dissapointed in this angry but not jumping ship to EA i despise the way they run work there moneygrabbers just look at there strategy what games they released and how they are buggy they release no patch. ?

Let me tell you your strategy is to leave what you feel has not improved alot yet you join fifa what hasnt improved alot no sense. ?

Let me tell you does Pro Evo really need to change alot apart from defending etc its near perfect football game then Fifa will be for years to come.

Should we not be getting together and talking with Konami we shouldnt jump ship PES with its fault is far a better game then fifa current and next gen imo.

no content download either! So no vain hope in the future for ANY downloadable content? I've only just gone and sold my version of PES5 as well! This has suddenly become a rental for me first I think...

Bingham67 said:
Please stop ignoring my points.

But you jump ship to EA because it has slightly new features so does Pro Evo sorry but your theory is useless.

Fifa 07 will have slowdown EA are notorious for bugs they are the worse company for customer support ever. Look at Road to world cup games slowdown in replays same with Fifa 07 demo it wont change.

And you know dam well why Konami has no Bundesliga because EA hog licence so again no excuse because Konami are locked out.

Beleive the hype all you wish but i see you running back to PES 6 months down the line.

Imo the games have improved alot in past but to screw people over now is bad with the Edit mode. Im dissapointed in this angry but not jumping ship to EA i despise the way they run work there moneygrabbers just look at there strategy what games they released and how they are buggy they release no patch. ?

Let me tell you your strategy is to leave what you feel has not improved alot yet you join fifa what hasnt improved alot no sense. ?

Let me tell you does Pro Evo really need to change alot apart from defending etc its near perfect football game then Fifa will be for years to come.

Should we not be getting together and talking with Konami we shouldnt jump ship PES with its fault is far a better game then fifa current and next gen imo.

I agree with most of your points, however, Konami and customer support are frankly garbage!!

bingham take those tinted glasses off.

PES is the near perfect football game? Youre on glue, have you played FIFA 07, with the passing aids off? Thats how football should be PES is really on the rails and far from free.

Where has PES 6 got its improvements you mention?

cowden_harley said:

PES is the near perfect football game? Youre on glue, have you played FIFA 07, with the passing aids off? Thats how football should be PES is really on the rails and far from free.

Is this on the xbox360 demo? I've not tried it with that off, is it good?

yes its amazing. You go into the controller settings in the game pause menu and its there, you can change the controls to the pes setup also.

Stick the passing assistance off and the level up to World Class, I guaranteee you at first you may not like it but in 5 games time come back to me.

the_j_man said:
Is this on the xbox360 demo? I've not tried it with that off, is it good?

Yep, press start and go to control options and you'll see it on there.

as already pointed out now, >_>

cowden_harley said:

Fifa hasnt its the same old garbage everytime imo they have made improvments to PES 6 nothing big but i bet it play dam better then Fifa hell even previous Pro Evo do.

I dont see what your problem is with Pro Evo passing its fine anyway ive never had problem with passing. Only defending whats shocking in Pro Evo and its not any better on Fifa either.

And to the J-Man ye Konami are no saints but EA are worse thats what im trying to say. Mostly all EA games have had framerate issues mainly PC games and also evident in Fifa world cup games on 360.

cowden_harley said:
yes its amazing. You go into the controller settings in the game pause menu and its there, you can change the controls to the pes setup also.

Stick the passing assistance off and the level up to World Class, I guaranteee you at first you may not like it but in 5 games time come back to me.

Excellent!! cheers guys, I have it on manual on PES so this should make it very similar....I hate to say it but some things on FIFA07 are just simply class....

Goalkeeper animations for example....
That we game you play whilst your game loads up....is very good

Mart, if possible can you check the transfers are upto date, Tevez and Mascherano @ West Ham, Johnson and Lescott @ Everton, Baptista @ Arsenal...

Back
Top Bottom