PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official News and Discussion Topic

Re: PES6 (Xbox 360) - Videos thread

Alright i've read this a few times now, people enlighten me on the "Nokami" thing... >_>

360 Gameplay Impressions

I've been lucky enough to get hold of a retail copy of the game for the weekend and have been playing it a bit so here are some random impressions.

Overall I do like the game, some of my comments may give you the impression I don't...

I only have WE10 to compare against as I've yet to play the PS2 version of PES 6.

The gameplay overall I'd have to describe as heavy. By that I mean the ball seems to be a bit too slow, the players have clunky first touches most of the time. There seems to be a delay between the player receiving the ball and them doing what you want. This was occasionally a problem in WE10 but maybe it's exacerbated in this game by the overall speed of play.

Other musings:

GOOD
Widescreen - Wide camera, widescreen, loveliness.

Graphics - While not what you might call "true" nextgen there is a nice sharpness to the graphics - especially in HD - without HD you do notice the improvement in pitch textures and the crowd is better than PS2 but still a bit rubbish.

Transfers seem pretty up to date - Ashley Cole is at Chelsea or London FC for example.

BAD
Slowdown - I play with the wide camera and there is some very occasional slowdown with loads of players on the pitch and at freekicks/corners. It doesn't bother me much except for the fact that this is meant to be nextgen and doesn't really look it.

Stuff cut out of the 360 version:

8 stadiums - not a biggie for me as it's the pitch I'm looking at.

Edit mode - Only edit player is left, there are no transfers and you can't even change the player's shirt name - it is not the same as the name seen in the rest of the game. Club names etc. can not be edited.

No international challenge mode - not sure if this is in the PS2 version or not but WE10 has it.

Feel free to ask questions though bear in mind I'm not going to be trawling player stats. I haven't yet played on Live, going to see if I can shortly.

Re: 360 Gameplay Impressions

How many divisions in the master league? Any master league changes at all? Any online changes at all?

omg that is awful. They couldn't even fit such a crap feature as internation challenge mode in? as well as no edit mode.

how have you managed to get a retail copy so early?

I'm thinking I'll be taking my XBOX360 back to the shop and getting a refund

Hmmmm, another mention of slowdown - that's gonna really piss me off. Fifa was exactly the same - shitty framerate on replays etc Why the hell cant developers manage 30fps??

Master League appears unchanged.

Live seems the same with ranked and player matches, there isn't anyone on so I can't test gameplay.

There also doesn't appear to be any unlocks. I know there are the 360-standard achievements but nothing like 6 star difficulty etc. Not that there are stars in this version by the way - Beginner, Amateur, Regular, Professional, Top Player are the diificulty levels.

Kit select is back to the 4 HOME/AWAY combinations - you can't change shirts/shorts/socks seperately, which is something I found useful in recent PS2 incarnations.

You can't switch kit select on for tournaments.

Little things like being able to use left/right in the formation settings to quickly skip between your subs and first team are missing.

It does play a decent game of football though, honestly.

Regarding the copy I'm playing I managed to borrow it from a friend who has a contact at Konami.

I wouldn't take the 360 back, though, there are plenty of games coming out soon aside from PES that should make it worth keeping. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

oh god appears that my worse nightmare come true no transfer of player what the fuck we suppose to do Konami in January transfer window fucking pissed me off now. :(

someone got Seabss number Konami should not release an unfinished game it is suicide. :(

Ill still get it but im dissapointed wtf are they smoking delay the game until its fully done why the rush.

Last edited:

Mart,

just a quick question mate, is it the full version of Pro Evo as in the finished version?

I suppose I'm just hoping there will be an edit mode for kits...worth at try eh

twoodster said:
Hmmmm, another mention of slowdown - that's gonna really piss me off. Fifa was exactly the same - shitty framerate on replays etc Why the hell cant developers manage 30fps??

what no edit of club names thats well out of order does that mean liverpool etc are named merseyside red etc that sucks

the_j_man said:
just a quick question mate, is it the full version of Pro Evo as in the finished version?
It's in a normal retail box complete with manual and 48 hour Gold Live trial.

Edit mode - Only edit player is left, there are no transfers and you can't even change the player's shirt name - it is not the same as the name seen in the rest of the game. Club names etc. can not be edited.

Elaborate on that? is it just stats and not appearances?

STG said:
Elaborate on that? is it just stats and not appearances?
Player Name, Height, Age, Stronger Foot, Injury, Growth Type, Position, Ability, Special Ability.

That's it as far as I can see.

Why couldnt Konami just delay the game and release it a Christmas and get edit mode sorted how can Seabass release it like that.

He should know the fans want edit mode so why is it half attempted and missing there no srategy in it. :( :(

Mart said:
Player Name, Height, Age, Stronger Foot, Injury, Growth Type, Position, Ability, Special Ability.

That's it as far as I can see.

Ah shit, cheers anyway.

Might just go with the PS2 version. :(

Bingham67 said:
Why couldnt Konami just delay the game and release it a Christmas and get edit mode sorted how can Seabass release it like that.

He should know the fans want edit mode so why is it half attempted and missing there no srategy in it. :( :(

You know the fucker of a thing? they've already gotten the PS3 version all of those features and more.

STG said:
Ah shit, cheers anyway.

Might just go with the PS2 version. :(

You know the fucker of a thing? they've already gotten the PS3 version all of those features and more.

Sorry but some people wont be buying a PS3 people expect to have equal on both machines.

Not a half assed attempt because Konami have been lazy like i say why not delay the game.

I dont really get what your trying to say please explain. ?

whats your gamertag? not that I dont believe you.

Would you class it as a person that doesnt have a ps2 and has pes5 for 360 an essential purchase?

Bingham67 said:
Sorry but some people wont be buying a PS3 people expect to have equal on both machines.

Not a half assed attempt because Konami have been lazy like i say why not delay the game.

I dont really get what your trying to say please explain. ?

I was agreeing, but pointing out the fact they've already got those features on the ps3 version, that's not even released until April. Basically we've been shafted, well and truely shafted.

STG said:
I was agreeing, but pointing out the fact they've already got those features on the ps3 version, that's not even released until April. Basically we've been shafted, well and truely shafted.

Ah sorry i didnt get what you was saying ye totally agree we been shafted absolute joke.

I tell you what Konami will feel the brunt of this that is sure there going to be alot of unhappy people.

Back
Top Bottom