PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official News and Discussion Topic

Re: PES6 (Xbox 360) - Videos thread

Great video but just like when I play against French people on Live: THEY DON'T STOP TALKING!

well it definatley looks like a direct port of WE10... with improved graphics, i think this is just a big FU too MS from Konami... when the PS3 version comes out, it will probably be the king of kings

csaunders said:
well it definatley looks like a direct port of WE10... with improved graphics, i think this is just a big FU too MS from Konami... when the PS3 version comes out, it will probably be the king of kings

I'm gonna say this again, but the video is in 4/3 format, which means it's not an HD video. HD is always in 16/9, so it'll look much better on a HD screen.

Lots of fancy graphics don't suddenly get turned on when you play on a HD television. Its just a higher resolution that's all.

Maybe, but don't tell me it's a direct port of WE10. Players look better, grass, crowd also. I know I won't be playing my ps2 version anymore.

yes, and don't want it to change that much... PES should be familiar, whatever the platform!

I just hope the rumours about the cut-back editing on the 360 aren't true... that would leave me in doubt to maybe buy the ps2 one for the last time...

About the editing, I've seen a screencap of the menu. It has "edit player", load and save. Apparently no tranfers, neither edit teams. I hope there will be updated rosters through the xbox live. But I don't know the details of editing players, if it stats, face, boots...I hope I can at least edit faces, cause some of them are really bad.

Gotrunk25 said:
About the editing, I've seen a screencap of the menu. It has "edit player", load and save. Apparently no tranfers, neither edit teams. I hope there will be updated rosters through the xbox live. But I don't know the details of editing players, if it stats, face, boots...I hope I can at least edit faces, cause some of them are really bad.

Why would an "edit mode" even be in a build that's to show the game off? Someone decides Gerrards hair needs changing so they go into edit mode and change it for a game? lol

what r u guys on about??? that last video looks like a demo of a PS2 version of PES 6. At this rate i'd rather save meself 20 quid and get the ps2 version. What a shame! Is this a next-gen version of PES 6. F*****g lazy B******s at Konami. They may aswell call this PES v 5.01.

I thought the video looked fine. If you don't like it, don't buy it but this will be the only football game worth owning for the next 12 months.

psimonius said:
I thought the video looked fine. If you don't like it, don't buy it but this will be the only football game worth owning for the next 12 months.

ecxacly mate thats the only game that can keep u playng the all year long
i played the fifa2007 demo and i have to say it make me appriciate konamis gameplay even more.
i thought i will get both games, not anymore:roll:
all the way pes6 xbox360\\:o/

yeah played the fifa demo........

liked the ronaldino bit about a billion times more than the actual game which felt .......well........ stupid ...... is the best i can describe it. its so unresponsive and just dull/slow... the graphics at the bottome of the pitch looks like a total eclipse of the sun and the top is just sooo over contrasted it looks sheeeeeeiiiiite.....

i see what they are going for... sorta like a feature film version of football but at the end of the day i want it to look like the way it looks every saturday in the pub...

sorry ea.... your soo far off the mark its silly... get a europen set of developers to show you the point.

bring on pes.

yeah, everytime a new version of PES is close to being released there's always people complaining about this and that... but in the end, at least for me, it's the only game I keep playing troughout the entire year. So no worries, PES is always fun.
And the x360 version of FIFA07 is really a leap foward in quality for the FIFA franchise, finally they seem to be on the right track. PES needs some competition!!

cheers!

philter said:
yeah played the fifa demo........

i see what they are going for... sorta like a feature film version of football but at the end of the day i want it to look like the way it looks every saturday in the pub...

Spot on mate. I noticed that myself and agree that a truer representation would be better. This is why, as weak as PES's graphics may be sometimes (low-res ad boards for example), it still 'looks' better as it replicates what a real game looks like much better then FIFA does.

FIFA also has this absurd depth of field blur going on which not only hurts me eyes but makes the players in the foreground almost ghost-like.

cheers!

Anyone got a link to download them? The streaming options is very slow for me.

The videos were fine for me.

My goodness, how good does that game look?! It was so fluid and I think I will have a good time playing my passing game. Whoever was playing was pretty poor but it did mean that we could see how well the AI plays. At times, I forgot it was the CPU and not another player with the way it was moving the ball about. Very promising.

As Thomoas said, that Deco volley in the 3rd video...amazing technique.

And people still doubt Konami! :lmao: :nono:

Amazing the cpu certainly seems more advanced i agree that volley was superb. :)

Cant wait for 27th and please bring a demo this week. :)

Gameplay looks fast and fluid as it always does, people complain but I'm sure most of us will have bought the game in a months time.

I agree about the volley too, looked great.

psimonius said:
And people still doubt Konami! :lmao: :nono:

erm, that's becasue it still looks like a PS2 game. They told us it was a totally new engine. That's a blatent lie or they've been wasting a hell of a lot of time.

^^ agreed

regardless as to wether fifa on next gen is as good gameplay wise as pes. At least it is a next gen game, new engine, new models and new gameplay. i wont be buying this pes on the 360 unless its a next gen game. Looking at those vids i would say it isnt.

the player models look like robots. Some of the animations look ok, te volley from deco was mint. But it just looks too arcadey for me, following the trend the pes series has been going in the last few releases.

Never mind a high res xbox game, this looks more like a high res ps2 game

Also, please konami, why are the colours so bright??? Come on, more effort is required, theres millions to choose from :p

Last edited:

I'll be buying this game no matter what... I just can't help myself from always buying the newest PES on release date.

I think konami could have worked a lot more on this game and improved it but when u think about it, I don't want them to mess around with the already prefect gameplay.

Animations could be better.

I'm also getting sick of all the menus and replays looking the same as they did in PES2. Why konami WHY!? make us look at the same stupid menus and listen to the same friggin music year after year!?!?

But graphics, yeah, maybe they should have worked more on that section. Because we all know that the 360 can do better. and the game really should look a lot better on 360 than on ps2 and xbox versions, because we have payed good money for our next gen consoles and hd tv's...we really deserve better than this!

But that aside. It's going to be a great game. Finally I can play my favorite game, PES, in HD!

Back
Top Bottom