PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official News and Discussion Topic

Re: PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official Discussion Topic

"Playing PES on a Xbox 360 pad feels very different from playing on PS2. Has that been an issue?

Seabass: I acknowledge that at the moment playing PES on a 360 pad feels different and rectifying this is a priority for us. For example the d-pad is totally different from the PS2 d-pad. I've even been speaking to Microsoft and we're talking through ways of making it work better."

I read this on IGN! This sounds like very good news! Hopefully Microsoft design a PS2-like controller!

yeah there was something before that on ign about microsoft changing to controller and looks like we have reebok stuff liscesed mabye some boots

Last edited by a moderator:

KJK1LL3R said:
"Playing PES on a Xbox 360 pad feels very different from playing on PS2. Has that been an issue?

Seabass: I acknowledge that at the moment playing PES on a 360 pad feels different and rectifying this is a priority for us. For example the d-pad is totally different from the PS2 d-pad. I've even been speaking to Microsoft and we're talking through ways of making it work better."

I read this on IGN! This sounds like very good news! Hopefully Microsoft design a PS2-like controller!
M$ changing the Dpad?
Maybe konami should go forward and make 360 movement so that we can play better with the analogue.
8 directions are the past. Why not going to 360? :roll:

here you go guys http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/730/730118p1.html the point is :

"Did you start from scratch when development began on PES6?

Seabass: All of the PS2 stadium models simply won't work on a next-gen platform so they have all been created from scratch. As for AI, we've worked hard on it in previous games and it's a very precious asset to us so we didn't want to start from scratch. Instead we've taken the basic AI from previous games and improved it.

There are three main areas of the game that have been improved. We've worked hard on improving formations and tactics, specifically on the way players now overlap and make smarter runs. The goalkeeper has also been reworked so they now position themselves much more intelligently. It will therefore be harder to score from long range because the keeper will play much more like they would in real-life.

The third and most important improvement we've made is to the defender support system. When you're controlling a defender it's important that the CPU players back you up, so we've fine-tuned the AI so they're more reactive. However, this means they'll now move out of position to cover for your player. Also, when you attack you'll really feel the difference between PES5 and PES6. In the last game you could run up the wing, pass it into the middle and score an easy goal. That won't be possible in PES6."

THAT GAME WILL BE AWESOME

raul_ole said:
In the last game you could run up the wing, pass it into the middle and score an easy goal. That won't be possible in PES6."

so i won't be able to run up the wing and cross the ball to score a goal? like how man utd play? IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE?? jesus!

PES6 will deffenitly be the best football game ever, also the best pes version, roll on 27th oct
can't fucking wait for this game\\:o/

so i won't be able to run up the wing and cross the ball to score a goal? like how man utd play? IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE?? jesus!
---------------------------------------------------------------
no no ofcourse u can cross the ball, (crossing the ball in the box will be more efective, then in pes5) i read seabbes interview also and what seabba ment is that, most of the players scoring goals in the same way,(in pes series) every time, by running up the wing, then passing the ball to the box, then score easly, he sad, that want happent anymore in pes6

oh, so just passing it softly into the box.

i didn't play pes5 enough to really take advantage of that.

pes6 will b unbelievable!! i kno tht u all kno tht I CANT WAIT 4 THE PROPER VERSION!! even the demo wnt b finished version

fifa could never look good, y dnt u go to a fifa thred

South Korea have nike kits and they've always been licenced so I dont think there would be a problem in licencing Portugal.

Here's a good post with most of the info and media that we know of PES (Xbox 360 version):
Temporary boxart:

Previews:
Gamespot's hands-on preview
IGN's hands on preview
Shingo 'Seabass' Takatsuka interview

Media:

Screenshot of the menu

Xboxyde screens and video

Another Xboxyde gameplay viddeo

Gametrailer HD gameplay video

Gamevideos gameplay movie

Player pictures and more

More images

Brazil vs Italy video

Another video

Other news:

Just to clear up the exclusivity discussion that it's a lie. Quote from IGN:
GC 2006: Pro Evo and FIFA Not so Exclusive?
Konami to Microsoft: "BALLS!!!"

August 26, 2006 - Seems like there's a little confusion floating around the world about at least one of the announcements Microsoft made at the German Games Convention this week.

In their GC press conference in Leipzig that we attended, Microsoft specifically announced that the next iterations of Pro Evolution Soccer and FIFA would only be available on the Xbox 360 for the next 12 months. Given that their press conference was held on August 23, 2006, you would assume that means you would mean Xbox 360 had Pro Evo and FIFA exclusively through August 23, 2007.

However, shortly after the press conference, Konami denied that there was a 12-month exclusivity deal in place for the Pro Evolution series.

We interviewed Pro Evolution Soccer producer Shingo "Seabass" Takatsuka today and he told us that next-gen version of Pro Evolution Soccer 6 would be exclusive to the Xbox 360 through the end of the year, but not for 12 months. He also confirmed that a PlayStation 3 version of the game was already being worked on, and would most likely be released in spring or summer of next year, although no specific release date had been confirmed as of yet.

Seabass also made it clear that the current-gen versions -- PC, PS2, DS, PSP -- will all still be coming out at the same time as the Xbox 360 version.

Konami Japan went so far as to release this statement (translated) to explain the situation:

"There are some articles (or some statements which could lead to the misunderstanding) at some websites and other sources stating that Konami's soccer game Pro Evolution Soccer 6 will be released as an exclusive Xbox 360 title. However, this is not true. Pro Evolution Soccer 6 is being developed for multiple platforms so that many consumers will be able to enjoy it."

According to what we've heard from EA representatives at the show, the FIFA deal seems to be similar, and there could be a much shorter window of exclusivity than what Microsoft originally announced.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/728/728533p1.html

Manchester United licensed
From the press release: Pro Evolution Soccer 6 will include the fully-licensed kits for the Czech, French, Australian, English, Italian, Argentinian, Spanish and Swedish national sides. Similarly, the French Championat league has been added to the game following a new agreement, alongside Bayern Munich, Portugal's Sporting Lisbon and Benfica, Greek giants Olympiacos Piraeus, and Manchester United from England.

We have to speculate that due to EA's licensing of the English Premier League either Arsenal or Chelsea must be dropped to accomodate United and the legal text on some box art points to it being Chelsea that lose out.
http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34209

PES 6 Xbox Live - only 2 players online?
Quote from IGN:
'WE will feature four players offline but only two players online via Xbox Live. Konami says the difficulties in working on a new platform make more than two players on Live too difficult. Konami didn't allow us to take media of the game, so just imagine a smoother, faster, high-def version of the PS2 game and you'll get the idea. We will have media soon, however'
Source

Also tell me if it's missing something, I'll try to update this thread as more info and media is released. And Staff members can edit it and update my post any time they want.

michael evo said:
fifa could never look good, y dnt u go to a fifa thred

Well, i go into FIFA threads too... whats your point?
FIFA could never look Good? Well, it does look awesome.

ThomasGOAL said:
Possible Portugal National Team Licence ? (Thanks to SPiTFiRE)
http://www.g4mers.com/images/packs/1000/129/s_129_1.jpg
http://www.g4mers.com/images/packs/1000/129/s_129_0.jpg

no sure, because Konami can delete the Nike and Portugese logo from the cover, need wait.

Give me Photoshop and a PES 6 logo and within a minute or two I can make any team look (licensed) like this. Hope you're right though, the more the better!

Still find it very weird that none of the journalist just ask the producer to sum up all the licensed teams while they were in Leipzig. It's just odd at this point in time that no one knowes for sure if Chelsea are out in favour of Man United. And what Konami's plan is towards getting more (all) of the EPL and Bundesliga teams licensed. If it's possible at all?
But now Seabass is back in hidding in his Tokyo cave for the next 12 months and we sad little people are left to speculate for another year.

thisempty said:

totally agree fifa does look great

For once yes FIFA does, but gameplay is the essence and this game will have that :)

DJ

thisempty said:

You might aswell just ignore michael evo, he sounds like he's about 12 and consistently posts rubbish ;)

Is that for sure? Do you have a source where states PS3 is regio-free?
I dont want to buy a PS3 and then discover I cannot play it because of the region :)

Han said:
Is that for sure? Do you have a source where states PS3 is regio-free?
I dont want to buy a PS3 and then discover I cannot play it because of the region :)

It's been stated repeatedly, whether it WILL actually be by the time the PS3's out, is another matter.

Back
Top Bottom