PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official News and Discussion Topic

Re: Official PES 6 thread (Xbox 360 version)

Well if PES6 360 is like WE10 ill be getting it, WE10 is awesome in my opinion (besides a few flaws like the goalies at times)

DJ

Re: PES6 (Xbox 360) - Videos thread

Now Now RuneEdge as NickSCFC said dont talk about controls, talk about Videos of the game only!

DJ

djdoc360 said:
Well if PES6 360 is like WE10 ill be getting it, WE10 is awesome in my opinion (besides a few flaws like the goalies at times)

DJ

better gameplay DJ, and ManU license (sorry RVN left)

Oh yeah forgot :) United are licensed!!! does that mean Konami will finally get Old Trafford lookin good?? :)

DJ

Lyvean said:
Thanks for all the info mate. But what about the AI? Is it improved at all?
Good question :)
I watched all video's and from that it looked like the players make better off the ball runs and that is confirmed by an interview from Seabass, where he said the AI has improved...

I hope so, there is nothing more annoying than you making a break forward and your team-mates either getting in your way or just being plain idle and not making runs!

DJ

yeah, i hate that, or you expect the ai to make an ovrlapping run like a full back and then the player doesnt move.

Thats why on FIFA you can Tap L1 and say your running with Gabriel Heinze, Ryan Giggs would run on in front of you. Thats the only good thing I liked about FIFA's attacking play.

DJ

You can do something similar with PES: If you passed a ball, followed by pressing R2 (or black in 360) then the player who just passed, will move forward (called pass & move).

I think djdoc is saying that you don't need to pass for this to happen in FIFA. If you're running with the ball, you just tap the L1 button and a nearby player will make a forward run. Could be wrong of course as I've never played FIFA in years!

yes tapping L1 makes the make a run for you, all you then need to do is pick them out with a pass and you have an overlap option, This never seems to happen on PES.

DJ

the ai seemed to be improved. i remember an situation where i played pass and move, the defender stuck with the attacking player who run forward. that was a problem in previous versions. the whole game felt well-balanced. but the impression was blurred by the unfamiliar xbox360 pad.

The 360 pad aint that bad! everyone says it is but it isnt!

DJ

djdoc360 said:
The 360 pad aint that bad! everyone says it is but it isnt!

DJ

I've been playing PES5 on the 360 (using the 360 pad ofc) since launch last year and i'm perfectly used to it now. In fact i'd have to say that i'm more used to it than the ps2 pad now :shock:

I've got PES5 on ps2 and xbox and choose to play it on my 360, I think that tells you something.

(shame my 360 has gone back to M$ to get fixed otherwise i'd be playing it lol)

Lol but are you going to jump ship next year and head to PS3 when WE/PES comes out on there?

DJ

I dont think that post was necessary to be honest FleaFly especially as your new here!

Anyway back on topic I would hope to see a video where people who actually know how to play a we/pes game properley would play. Then we could see much more of the game than we can do at present.

DJ

DUDE can you please tell me if defenders come up for corners, in pes5 when i had a corner, my defenders i.e toure and senderos never came up for corners, this is really unrealistic as in real life they always caom up for corners.

pro evo mad said:
DUDE can you please tell me if defenders come up for corners, in pes5 when i had a corner, my defenders i.e toure and senderos never came up for corners, this is really unrealistic as in real life they always caom up for corners.

Also something id like to know aswell find it annoying your big centre backs wouldnt go up. :)

Just saw this on gamesradar, it seems to agree with other people's ideas that there will be a WE on ps3 in the spring but no pes on ps3 until next autumn like Microsoft said...

http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/ps3/ga...30121017437085&releaseId=20060511164343187063

I wouldn't be surprised if PES7 is the real next gen, but looks near identical on 360 and ps3 as Konami won't bother making 2 different versions when they can save money and port the same version to both consoles.

Some people just have to make bollocks posts without checking threads first!!

DJ

psimonius said:
Believe what you like but Seabass definately said 1 on 1 over XBL. He said to make up for the fact that it is only 1 on 1, they're making the gameplay as tight as possible so make make it an 'intense' experience.

I'd rather play 1 on 1 in a smooth lag-free game on the 360 then a laggy 8 player game on PC/PS2.

looks like you were right, i e-mailed billy, the guy that did the interview, who kindly e-mailed me back. he confirmed that it is 1 vs 1. i would stress that making the gameplay as tight as possible means lets improve the graphics. i haven't seen the quick free kick feature that i heard was being implemented (load times are down between free kicks though) and from videos looks exactly the same. same motions, bad keepers and i didn't think the grass looked all that great, even though some people were impressed by it.

everyone is intitled to their own opinion and this is mine 8)

I agree with what nickgarratt said but where did you say you saw the Goalies being the same?

DJ

Of course the animations are the same. They're not suddenly going to redo thousands upon thousands of animations for next-gen. They're captured in a high enough quality already so to redo them is a waste of time and resources. There are still animations from PES1 being used to this day! They do the job just fine. I am sure there will be new animations too, altho perhaps the biggest improvement in that area may not be seen until WE11.

Seabass said in an interview that they were aware of the GK problem and have addressed it for the release of PES6. I've yet to play WE10 but I'd imagine that PES6 will be significantly different by the time it's released. PES6 will probably go gold (as in finished and ready for production) in about 5 or 6 weeks. That's a long time to tweak the game and make sure those annoying bits of WE10 are no longer there.

Its only really the dodgy goalies that wreck WE10 at times, other than that I think WE10 is almost football perfection!!

DJ

Does Seabass meant by his statement only 1 vs 1 online : 1 player against 1 player or does he meant only 360 vs 360 (and not 360 vs pc or ps2)?

Would be a pitty if i cannot play with my friend in one team online against two others...

Back
Top Bottom