PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official News and Discussion Topic

Re: Official Pro Evolution Soccer 6 thread (Xbox 360 version)

I would guess they are from an earlier build of the game before Konami tweaked it and added some filters?

egyptenaar said:
But what about the other screenshots with henry, were are they from?

Someone's mentioned them being screenshots of the pc version, which would make sense.

yeah some screen look bad, the hq gameplay vid from xboxyde, and the hd gamtrailers one will tell you.

and in my opinion DJ it isn;t that much worse.

and to be fair i would much rather a vastly improved game, gameplay wise than graphically wise. because with football your zoomed out a fair bit anyway and you only see the details in cutscenes and celerations etc.

i will be buying pes6 based on its gaemplay improvements and online....nothing else comes into the equation with pes.

dj your right it is more capable than pes6 is pushing it but in my opnion it looks far superior to a ps2 version. As long as they dont screw the gameplay the graphics will improve.

grechzoo said:
and to be fair i would much rather a vastly improved game, gameplay wise than graphically wise... i will be buying pes6 based on its gaemplay improvements and online....nothing else comes into the equation with pes.

amen. gameplay is what it is all about.

Even though PES6 looks great I'm still not going to buy a 360 just for PES6. I'm going to buy a PS3 at launch and I'll wait for PES7 which will come out for the PS3. PES6 is pretty much just a prettier version of the PS2 version so I'll do fine playing the PS2 version of PES6. PES7 will be the true next-gen PES because Konami will abandon the current-gen platforms and they'll be able to have a full development cycle focusing on the next-gen systems.

What happened to XBOX's fantastic fluid motion capabilities and getting rid of the 8 directional movements of characters. It looks just like a PS2 version of WE10 with SHINY graphics on the Gametrailer vid. Whats next gen about it thats what I want to know. Is it just another rush job to get something out there on the shelves for this years installment. What under the HOOD Konami ?? The XBOXYDE vid looks better but is that just the intro sequence with nice edited close in footage that always looks good anyway (like FMV) whats the gameplay + animations like when actually playing the game...i.e. see Gametrailer version
PS2 WE10 anyone !

Dissapointing :( ...but grass looks good...lol

BTW.. In the media section it's Brasil Vs Spain (not italy)

Nice thread tho Vini...much appreciated.

Last edited:

I think Konami is very lazy. They have said that they have worked for more then a year only for the xbox 360 version, and this is what we get? And ok, graphics are not the most important, but the gameplay is always good, I don't worry about that. But if konami had work for more then a year only for the xbox 360 version, why do they say that you only can play with 2 players online on xbox live, and say as an excuse that they had not enought time to work with the xbox 360? And of course, I will buy it, but come on Konami, you can work a little bit harder then you are doing. Since pro 2 there has been no major change in gameplay or graphics, and pro 6 will be no exception, so I just have to hope that pes 7 will be really next-gen.

Konami makes current gen PES for 3 more years. So after 3 years true Next Generation PES will come.

if it ain't broke why fix it? if they kept changing the gameplay drastically every year then there would be no progression in the series.

ClassicD said:
What progression is there in changing none of the gameplay?

what do you mean none of the gameplay? in pes6? is this the final verdict? is there a review?

No, but it's what, 2 months from release day at most? Same animations as WE10, same ball-physics, same net physics FFS, that really shows how little effort's been invested in the gameplay over the previous version, and how it's just a fresh coat of next-gen paint slapped over WE10's engine.

Konami know Europe's last taste was PES5, and WE10 was easily different enough from that so they *think* we won't know any better. If you're telling me you think they're going to introduce a heap of next-gen improvements to the gameplay engine between now and release, I think you're extremely wide of the mark.

I think many are confused here. This isnt supposed to be next gen PES, this is HD PES. Just like the HD Gran Turismo on PS3.

ClassicD said:
No, but it's what, 2 months from release day at most? Same animations as WE10, same ball-physics, same net physics FFS, that really shows how little effort's been invested in the gameplay over the previous version, and how it's just a fresh coat of next-gen paint slapped over WE10's engine.

Konami know Europe's last taste was PES5, and WE10 was easily different enough from that so they *think* we won't know any better. If you're telling me you think they're going to introduce a heap of next-gen improvements to the gameplay engine between now and release, I think you're extremely wide of the mark.

but i never said there would be any next gen gameplay improvements.
i said if they kept drastically changing the gameplay every year then they would not know what was an improvement on the previous game or not. just read back what i wrote. i said if it ain't broke don't fix it. but they keep tweaking it every year to get a better idea.

I'm with Classic on this, it is a rehash just like everything Konami do. Everything is half assed and it pisses me off. I am not a Fifa fan at all, I haven't played one since 1998. However at least EA try and do something new, try and expand the genre. Online spectator mode, a new engine etc etc. Ok agreed it won't play as well as PES, but with such minor and insignificant improvements from one release of PES to the next, you have to start questioning whether it is worth £40.

Kenny M said:
but i never said there would be any next gen gameplay improvements.
i said if they kept drastically changing the gameplay every year then they would not know what was an improvement on the previous game or not. just read back what i wrote. i said if it ain't broke don't fix it.
And all I said was doing nothing isn't progress either. ;)

ClassicD said:
And all I said was doing nothing isn't progress either. ;)

but surely they have done something?? well, until i play it i don't know. i was not expecting a huge gameplay overhaul anyways, so i won't be that upset.
if you don't like it don't play it. :s

Obviously we'll have to wait and see how much has changed when we try it, I'm only going by videos and making the point of how it's got WE10's engine under the hood, IMO of course.

And I've already said I'll definitely be getting it, also have never mentioned not liking it. I am saying they could have done far more than what I think they've done.

I'll be happy to be proven wrong on release day, happy as hell if it is significantly improved from WE10.

yeh, i think they would definitely use we10 engine as with all other pes installments.

fingers crossed tho! :)

i fink it looks cool!! n i kno u will all buy it sooooo........... sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

APX said:
Konami makes current gen PES for 3 more years. So after 3 years true Next Generation PES will come.
I actually think that PES6 is the last current-gen PES, bu there's no way that they are going to keep on doing a PS2 PES for 3 more years.

By the way, why did you guys merge my thread with this thread. It was better before because then the post that I did with all the info would be on the first page and it would be easier to find it.

Re: PES6 (Xbox 360) - Info and screens

stumpy_uk said:
Not really I would love loads of changes but I am not going to bitch about it, if the next version doesn't use the most of the machines PS3 / Xbox360 then I will be there with the lynch party but this is PES6...... I remember buying the Ps2 for ISS and then Pro Evo..lets look at Pro Evo 1 against WE10 on the PS2...there is a massive difference and I believe it will take a few versions for them to make the most out of the machine..

There is an easy option Nick don't buy it to show your total disguist in their effort........

A sane point but...the development kit for the 360 has bee available for over a year now. It's not too much to ask for a leap of faith in the development stakes. I hate to admit it but..even FIFA07 has been built form the ground up, also Madden06 was a new engine.

I know that 'if it aint broke don't fix it' but should Konami not have tried to build a new engine for the 360 version keeping what was wonderful about the current gen incarnations but adding next gen nouse.

Ok FIFA and Madden will probably be crap as usual but at least they have tried to rewrite the engine and improve upon it for the 360.

I would gladly wait for another year to have a fully featured, brand new and improved 360 code rather than a graphical update of the PS2 version

Last edited:

KRoNoS said:
What happened to XBOX's fantastic fluid motion capabilities and getting rid of the 8 directional movements of characters. It looks just like a PS2 version of WE10 with SHINY graphics on the Gametrailer vid. Whats next gen about it thats what I want to know. Is it just another rush job to get something out there on the shelves for this years installment. What under the HOOD Konami ?? The XBOXYDE vid looks better but is that just the intro sequence with nice edited close in footage that always looks good anyway (like FMV) whats the gameplay + animations like when actually playing the game...i.e. see Gametrailer version
PS2 WE10 anyone !

Dissapointing :( ...but grass looks good...lol

BTW.. In the media section it's Brasil Vs Spain (not italy)

Nice thread tho Vini...much appreciated.

Have we ever thought that developers aren't used to the technology yet? We cannot expect a broad next gen tag to hang fairly in my opinion. 8 way movement, excluded. That's just poor.

It'll dvelop like WE on PS2 but with obvious polish graphically. I for one am happy with the way this version is shaping up, after all that's all it is, a version.

RuneEdge said:
I think many are confused here. This isnt supposed to be next gen PES, this is HD PES. Just like the HD Gran Turismo on PS3.

Yeah, or PGR3 for the 360. Thats the way I'm taking it anyway.

The people that seem to be disappointed are the ones that were expecting alot more from PES's first next gen outing, which is fair dos. I wasn't expecting too much and what we seem to be getting (PES6 with a gloss of paint and better online features) will do me.

Now if PES7 isn't drastically different, then I will be extremely disappointed.

PES2007 is going to be released in August of 2007, worldwide, including on the PS3, and it is going to be the bomb.

one thing get me disappointed.!!!!!
animation and player movement!! they are the same as we10!!!
to bad for a nextgen title!! very crappy!!!

grechzoo said:
and to be fair i would much rather a vastly improved game, gameplay wise than graphically wise. because with football your zoomed out a fair bit anyway and you only see the details in cutscenes and celerations etc.

I often play with the "player cam". I want to see the HD visual on this cam !!!

There is still over 2 months before this game is released so a lot of polishing can go into it before then. Another thing that I have come to learn since playing Pro Evo / WE is that you can never tell how the game plays by watching the video it's always the little tweaks that can make each version seem very different. Another thing how many times have we had the Beta / Demo which this is and then the full game is a marked improvement? So it may not be the mind blowing experience that people were hoping for but it will definatly be the best version available of PES6 and hopefully th ebest version to date. So in my view that is progression. But as I said until we have played its pure speculation at the moment. I for one will buy this and am looking forward to it immensly.

Back
Top Bottom