PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official News and Discussion Topic

Re: PES6 (Xbox 360) - Info and screens

Adonis said:
Theres an interview on Gamespot with a Konami geezer and he said the PS2 has two exclusive modes.

These are the random match mode (where you pic 3 teams and you get a mixture of players) and the International challenge mode (aka road to WC...aka nippon challenge with all international teams).

I thinks its awful that the 360 version wont have those modes.

ps2 pes6 proberly has it cause WE10 has it. Was less work to leave it in i think...:roll:

some people are saying that there aren't any new animations but i have noticed a few

The biggest upset when watching these video's is seeing that the players still move in only eight direction. Most of the time the players walk in a straight line when they've chosen one of the eight available directions. Looks so 2003 to me! I want complete 360 degree movement.

EA in the mean time have already said that they've worked on complete new code for FIFA next gen for the last two years. They formed a dedicated next gen development team. They at least tried to make a big leap forward. As for PES, it isn't that big a step from the current consoles, lets not fool our selfs here. It doesn't mean that I'm not looking forward to actualy playing this game, but concidering the time Konami had they did a rather poor job. When you look at PES 4, PES 5 and PES 6 for the PS2 we all can see that the updates were only marginal. So that means Konami must have had at least a good two to three years preparing for the next-gen version. Looking at what they've come up with it is a bit disapointing.

And why haven't I seen anything, not a picture, interview or a small statement from "Seabass" himself. I thought he was supposed to make an appearance. That guy is a ghost or what?

stumpy_uk said:
Not really I would love loads of changes but I am not going to bitch about it,
There is an easy option Nick don't buy it to show your total disgiust in their effort........

I buy all WE and some PES titles and no doubt will buy an XBOX and PS£££ err I mean PS3 too, just to play the slightly better next version on... ;)
My disgust as you call it is not aimed so much at the on field side of things, it is and has always been head and shoulders above it's rivals. That's the problem, nothing much else has changed!! the non playing side is as I keep saying a joke in this day an age, to coin the phrase! This is down to Konami and the people like us willing to fork out £40 quid on every new tweak. All I can say is thank god for patches, at least we don't have to play with the Londonreds and the like.
But maybe if a few more people bitched about it Konami would change things off the field too.... As for the PS£££..3 version, well maybe it is a while away and EA or someone will have pushed the genre on a step or five....fingers crossed...[-o<

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/727/727796p1.html

Hands on preview at IGN.

Interesting notes,

On a standard-definition set, you will hardly notice a difference between previous versions of WE, and, even on a high-def, widescreen set you will be hard-pressed to, well, be impressed with the visuals of the game. It's not that WE looks bad; it's just that we were expecting much more from our favorite soccer title in its next-gen debut. Konami did say that the gameplay is pretty much intact at this point and the team is focusing on improving the visuals.

:shock:

WE will feature four players offline but only two players online via Xbox Live. Konami says the difficulties in working on a new platform make more than two players on Live too difficult. Konami didn't allow us to take media of the game, so just imagine a smoother, faster, high-def version of the PS2 game and you'll get the idea. We will have media soon, however.

and a Gamespot one..

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/winningeleven10/news.html?sid=6156353&tag=topslot;action;1

Elite said:
That one is shite m8! I`ve bought it a couple months ago and its totally shite! The PS2 D-pad is the best ever! I`ve got a xbox360 and i`m never playing with that d-pad because its shite also :) I`m only playing with the dual shock of the 360. But concerning pes the ps2`s d-pad is the best!

By the way!!! I`m going to Leipzig within 18 hours :D! Ì will record some movies and take some great pictures for you guys!

Buy Street Fighter Alpha Anthology and tell me the PS2 D-Pad is the best ever.

bonjovifan said:
Buy Street Fighter Alpha Anthology and tell me the PS2 D-Pad is the best ever.

I feel ya, but at least it's a good d-pad. I play SFII on Xbox Live and the 360 d-pad is a nightmare, everybody looking silly online throwing punches from far trying to do a simple Ha-Do-Ken...

it looks good, u were all expecting way 2 much!! if it looks tht bad dnt buy the game!! personally i cnt wait!! even 4 the demo!

fifa is wank!

Re: First images of PES6 on XBOX360

cant wait 4 this looks awesome!!

pro evo rocks my world wwwoooooooooooooooo

I don't know anything about Xbox but I saw a video of the new PES for 360. I looked like FIFA! Where the hell are we going to? It was almost exactly like FIFA with the stupid shiny puppets and the way they move

Re: First images of PES6 on XBOX360

Nice find, thanks a lot, it looks very good, I guess we just needed a clear view.

Still no fucking linesmen. Even though it's just a straight port, they could have spend the 2 extra days and added at least that to at least get the match atmosphere feel complete.

Man, ISS98 on 64 (which had linesman in real time on pitch) is still the best game ever. Way ahead of its time.

if there arent linesman, then who on earth is this guy?? :p
omglinesmanqp7.jpg

jumbo said:
Man, ISS98 on 64 (which had linesman in real time on pitch) is still the best game ever. Way ahead of its time.
True. It makes me think of a great mode : I want hundreds of scenarii in PES !

yesimissyou said:
"The biggest upset when watching these video's is seeing that the players still move in only eight direction. Most of the time the players walk in a straight line when they've chosen one of the eight available directions. Looks so 2003 to me! I want complete 360 degree movement."

"EA in the mean time have already said that they've worked on complete new code for FIFA next gen for the last two years. They formed a dedicated next gen development team. They at least tried to make a big leap forward. As for PES, it isn't that big a step from the current consoles, lets not fool our selfs here. It doesn't mean that I'm not looking forward to actualy playing this game, but concidering the time Konami had they did a rather poor job. When you look at PES 4, PES 5 and PES 6 for the PS2 we all can see that the updates were only marginal. So that means Konami must have had at least a good two to three years preparing for the next-gen version. Looking at what they've come up with it is a bit disapointing."

Why then is Fifa still shite and has never competed with PES, if you look at how many Fifa games that have been made for Ps2(probably 2 a year for the last 5 yrs) they have not even got the ball physics right, and still haven't even on the 360 version! The frame rate on the ball itself is scary. So it doesn't matter how long EA spend developing a game, alls they care about is getting the license, because they know on the back of that their game will sell. People go on about the kits, but the license is no good if your artists cant be arsed drawing the kits properly. A modded PES has much better kits anyway. I cant believe that Fifa WC 06 on 360 was actually applauded, and now we are being negative about PES6. Be realistic, next gen will happen probably with the next version, thats the way it is and the way it will always be with future machines. Look at Ps2 games now compared to release games.

Last edited:

the only thing i worry about is the pad. hearing elite and most of you saying the d-pad is awful puts me off a bit. i used a ps2 pad for the xbox game and i haven't played pes on the 360 yet. hopefully they will release a converter. i don't like using the analogue stick because it's too 'loose' so you lose the tightness of the d-pad.

Am I the only person who thinks it looks ace??

I'm really pleased but then again I didn't expect huge changes until PES7.

Last edited:

Right lads, PES will remain as the title this year, its beeing advertised roudn Premiership grounds this year, so I doubt they will change it this time round, in the future maybe, but Winning Eleven 11 will just sound daft.

The D-pad, sure some people will not like it, but in the end the analogue is fine, I know it might sound daft, and I did try the old PES on the DualShock and analogue stick a few times, but in terms of comfort it werent there, the 360 pad is possibly the best pad out there atm, till someone tries a DSIII that is. Get it and try it, enjoy......... it's what Gaming is all about.

360 is the most comfortable pad, I agree. The best? I totally disagree. The D-Pad, as has been mentioned, is absolutely appauling.

P-dogg said:
Am I the only person who thinks it looks ace??

I'm really pleased but then again I didn't expect huge changes until PES7.

Me too. It actually looks better then what I thought it would be like.

Good man, nice to see I'm not the only one who isn't complaining.

The latest HD vid on Gametrailers is totally lush. Good work Konami :D

Alot of people have been complaining about players not having 360 degrees movement but I didnt even know if that was possible in a video game? Is it? Has any other games got this feature?

KJK1LL3R said:
Alot of people have been complaining about players not having 360 degrees movement but I didnt even know if that was possible in a video game? Is it? Has any other games got this feature?

i am sure football kingdom has.

Well I am used to complaints at this forum when a new PES/WE version is about to release. I never did read from most members that they were happy ;)

Back
Top Bottom