PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official News and Discussion Topic

Re: PES6 (Xbox 360) - Info and screens

yeah exactly i dont think anyone was expecting anything more, me for one. just like Fifa_RTWC was not really true next-gen (WC wasn't either IMO), this is not far from that label as well TBH.

Adonis said:
great video from the conference, but you can tell even more now that its a prettier version of the current gen version. Nothing more.
m no you can't. Well not IMO anyway.

Milanista said:
Adones, its what we expected isnt it?

yeh I guess, but I cant help being dissapointed.

The fact that Konami took a year extra to develope on next gen should've ment they had something really special lined up.

Adonis said:
yeh I guess, but I cant help being dissapointed.

The fact that Konami took a year extra to develope on next gen should've ment they had something really special lined up.

I'm a little disappointed too but heck im still gunna buy this. I'm so sick of the PS2.

Bumper - I think its October 20th in Europe. Probably December/January for the US.

JayD said:
m no you can't. Well not IMO anyway.

each to their own, but the fact that the gameplay looks identical as well as the player animations makes me think its beeen updated graphically only.

I liked the facial expressions though.

ThomasGOAL said:
after annonces about Ligue 1 and Manchester United, you doubt again ;)

Yes, because it doesn't say that. It says you can have eight players through 4 linked systems. On the Ps2 and PC, so my take is either 4 PC's or 4 PS2's. But not cross system.

Adonis said:
each to their own, but the fact that the gameplay looks identical as well as the player animations makes me think its beeen updated graphically only.

I liked the facial expressions though.

Still I say you won't feel the difference till you play it. And to be fair I'm sold already. PES with good graphics will do me.

JayD said:
Still I say you won't feel the difference till you play it. And to be fair I'm sold already. PES with good graphics will do me.

oh yeh same here, I'll defo be buying it on day 1. Just wish there was more on offer thats all.

JayD said:
Yes, because it doesn't say that. It says you can have eight players through 4 linked systems. On the Ps2 and PC, so my take is either 4 PC's or 4 PS2's. But not cross system.

"Enfin, l'éditeur parle d'un mode en ligne "massivement amélioré" sur PS2 et PC, ce qui ne fera de mal à personne ; le nouveau système permettra à huit joueurs de jouer simultanément, à condition d'être deux sur quatre machines. En outre, les joueurs PC pourront affronter leurs homologues PS2 en ligne."

http://www.gamekult.com/articles/A0000050441/

I hope zidane is still in it!

Also great to see the french league licenced and the rest of the new licences are good too. Great strategic licences on Konami's behalf that will be sure to entice a few fifa gamers back from the dark side.

Liverpool will no doubt be the next licence aquired since it was Man Utd this time.

Last edited:

Milanista said:
I'm a little disappointed too but heck im still gunna buy this. I'm so sick of the PS2.

Bumper - I think its October 20th in Europe. Probably December/January for the US.

either way my friend i think we both got screwed i wanted PES on my 360 sooner and you wanted a PS3 version sooner...:(

I think you can buy Zidane in the pes-shop, I think he is with the classic players and is made real good.

ThomasGOAL said:
"Enfin, l'éditeur parle d'un mode en ligne "massivement amélioré" sur PS2 et PC, ce qui ne fera de mal à personne ; le nouveau système permettra à huit joueurs de jouer simultanément, à condition d'être deux sur quatre machines. En outre, les joueurs PC pourront affronter leurs homologues PS2 en ligne."

http://www.gamekult.com/articles/A0000050441/

The official Konami press release said:
PRESS RELEASE: Konami readies Pro Evolution Soccer 6!

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has used the Leipzig Games Convention to make a series of announcements regarding its highly-anticipated Pro Evolution Soccer 6.

The first Next Generation incarnation of the acclaimed football series will be on show and in the shape of the vaunted Xbox 360 version. Boasting significantly better graphics, enhanced animation and a wealth of gameplay additions, visitors to the Konami stand (F02, Hall 5) will be able to play the 360 version for the first time, marking the first public airing of Shingo ‘Seabass’ Takatsuka’s Next Generation release.

The move to Xbox 360 comes as Konami confirms that Pro Evolution Soccer 6 will be released for the Microsoft machine, PlayStation 2, PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable), PC-DVD and the first ever Nintendo DS in October. With the series famed for its realism, Pro Evolution Soccer 6 is packed with new gameplay additions. Player AI has been upgraded, with players running intelligently into space when not in possession of the ball, while the physical side of play has been refined, with players working to turn defenders as they receive the ball, with defenders learning to back off slightly to prevent such moves.

The shooting system has also been refined, and players will be able to attempt more snap shots than in previous versions, while volleys and half-volleys have been reworked. Other new moves include the ability to retain control of the ball when performing a sliding tackle, while all-new feints and backwards dribbling are now available thanks to the improved dribbling controls.

Konami’s commitment to introduce new licences to the series is also confirmed at the Games Convention and Pro Evolution Soccer 6 will include the fully-licensed kits for the Czech, French, Australian, English, Italian, Argentinian, Spanish and Swedish national sides. Similarly, the French Championat league has been added to the game following a new agreement, alongside Bayern Munich, Portugal’s Sporting Lisbon and Benfica, Greek giants Olympiacos Piraeus, and Manchester United from England. The previously-announced Brasilian striker Adriano will appear on the German packaging, too.

It is also revealed that the online side of the PlayStation 2 and PC game has been massively revamped. Seabass and his team have implemented a new online system that allows up to eight players to compete simultaneously through four linked systems.

“Pro Evolution Soccer 6 is one of the most eagerly-awaited games of the year, and we are delighted to be able to come to the Games Convention with so many exciting advances to announce,” commented Martin Schneider, Sales and Marketing Director for Konami in Germany. “As we show the first Next Generation version of the game for Xbox 360, we are sure that visitors to the Konami stand will see that the future of the Pro Evolution Soccer series is very bright indeed.”

I have highlighted from the official Konami release where they mention online play.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig --> __________________

Re: the first immagines of PES6 on XBOX360

It will be for Europe and North America only I would think.

The first PS3 football game from Konami could be Winning Eleven 11, and that should be released around it's usual release date. Followed by Pro Evolution Soccer 7 in October '07.

This is all just speculation though.

Heres MY opinion -

Its exactly what I wanted. A solid graphics update with the same gameplay and widescreen. If they have nailed online better this is an absolute winner. You dont want to much of an overhaul to begin with because it might bollox the gameplay. Im satisfied and I aint even played it yet.

JayD said:
I have highlighted from the official Konami release where they mention online play
Because isn't in the official Konami press, but it's in ;)

in the french translate is added "EN OUTRE"

ThomasGOAL said:
Because isn't in the official Konami press, but it's in ;)

in the french translate is added "EN OUTRE"

I'll hold my hands up no problems if true but this is big news and if it was true a lot more would have been made of it IMO. Has it ever been done before? Thats why MS are making such a big thing about 'LIVE ANYWHERE' as it has cross platform gaming. So to make it so low key IMO is doubtful.

Konami's gorgeous'next-gen' images of PES6 hinted at visual evolution. True, Konami never claimed the shots were from the Xbox 360 version, but we all hoped Pro Evolution Soccer 6 on 360 would be a marvel to behold. But, after going hands on with Xbox 360's first dose of gaming's best football series, we've found PES a touch prettier, but not the giant leap we were dreaming of.

http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/xbox36...3&sectionId=1001&releaseId=200605111620437001

Leipzig premier for Xbox 360 Pro Evo

Konami isn’t shy of presenting its Pro Evolution Soccer series as the pro-players’ videogame of choice. The likes of England captain John Terry and Brazil’s Adriano have praised PES for its realism. Wait until they get a load of PES6 on Xbox 360!

Visitors to the Leipzig GC this week will have first-hand experience of next-generation PES6 – running exclusively on Xbox 360, we should add. It’s looking way better, thanks to more detailed players boasting enhanced animation. More importantly for the PES fans, it really plays more convincingly like football thanks to the most extensive upgrade to player AI and physical accuracy in series history.

The Pro Evolution Soccer series is famously a passing game, using the whole team to build towards rapturous goals or play strategically to maintain the advantage. Just like real football in fact. To this end, PES6 now has players that run more intelligently into space when not in possession. Attacking players are now more mindful of immediate danger when receiving the ball, turning defenders. Meanwhile the defenders know to stand off to prevent being made to look a fool!

Scoring in PES can be glorious, and more so now that the shooting system has been refined. Cheeky snap shots are now possible, while volleys and half-volleys require greater timing to achieve more spectacular results. All kinds of new tricks have been incorporated for on-the-fly experimentation: sliding tackles that allow players to rise with the ball at their feet, feints, backwards dribbling and plenty more on-the-ball fandangos to dazzle and infuriate your rivals.

New licenses for PES6 were also confirmed today in Leipzig. The French Championat league is now added, alongside Bayern Munich, Portugal’s Sporting Lisbon and Benfica, Olympiacos Piraeus from Greece, and England’s world famous Manchester United. Fully licensed international kit is sported by the Czech Republic, France, Australia, England, Italy, Argentina, Spain and Sweden.

Finally, Adriano is to appear on the German packaging, in addition to the UK.

Pro Evolution Soccer 6 is looking like the greatest yet, and will be released for Xbox 360 – exclusively for next-gen – in October.

However, 360's less-than-perfect D-pad threatens to spoil the party. PS2's excellent joypad makes D-pad control a must - it's far more precise and accurate. But 360's controls are uncomfortable, the D-pad less than suited to the fast-paced action and the analogue stick flabby and inexact. Prolonged play will improve your first touch, but it's always going to be inferior to PS2's brilliant close control.

I want a ps2 pad converter now!!!

tobi said:
Konami's gorgeous'next-gen' images of PES6 hinted at visual evolution. True, Konami never claimed the shots were from the Xbox 360 version, but we all hoped Pro Evolution Soccer 6 on 360 would be a marvel to behold. But, after going hands on with Xbox 360's first dose of gaming's best football series, we've found PES a touch prettier, but not the giant leap we were dreaming of.

http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/xbox36...3&sectionId=1001&releaseId=200605111620437001

That's their fault for having high expectations.

ThomasGOAL said:
Tonight KAiWAi make a review of the 360 version ;)
a review it's not even out yet but still looking forward to it

AgentSmithMatrix said:
That's their fault for having high expectations.

their fault or KONAMI's for releasing those nice prendered shots of Adriano that look nothing like the game in motion?

Re: the first immagines of PES6 on XBOX360

I think the term exclusive in this case must apply to PES6.

But who wants PES6 on PS3? I'm sure KONAMI's working on a new WE to meet the usual summer deadline next year.

Back
Top Bottom