PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official News and Discussion Topic

Re: PES6 (Xbox 360) - Info and screens

kamy100 said:
It looks as though Xbox 360 has FIFA and PES as next gen exclusives this year but come next year they'll be on all three next gen formats. Not surprise as Playstation 3 and Wii are not out yet and in a year's time they will have a more established customer base. Also this exclusivity is only for the "Pro Evo Franchise" and will not cover the "Winning Eleven Franchise".

That is true, however PES6 is scheduled for release 1 month prior to the PS3. That is 11months of sales lost for Konami and Sony regarding console sales. It IS a big deal for Microsoft, anyone wanting to play the next gen version of PES will have to buy the 360. Which in turn will mean more console sales for MS and potentially less for Sony.

Winning Eleven may not be region free so don't count on it being played in Europe.

NickSCFC said:
11 months of sales lost? With the price expect PS3 to sell very slooowwwly for the 1st year!

The price is an entire other discussion :) I am ignoring the price here, simply stating that PS3 owners won't be able to play the next gen version of PES for a year. Unless you count the PS2 version being played in back compat mode.

LemonJelly said:
That is true, however PES6 is scheduled for release 1 month prior to the PS3. That is 11months of sales lost for Konami and Sony regarding console sales. It IS a big deal for Microsoft, anyone wanting to play the next gen version of PES will have to buy the 360. Which in turn will mean more console sales for MS and potentially less for Sony.

Winning Eleven may not be region free so don't count on it being played in Europe.

I suppose when you look at it that way then it is big for Microsoft. I've got a 360 so no worries for me but I guess it'll have a impact on PS3 sales in the short term but then again I guess it is dependent on what other titles are released on the PS3 during the first 6 months or so.

Trust me you wont be able to find a PS3 on shelves regardless of the price for months.
Look at all the PS3 fanboys on this site alone and this is PES/WE exclusive mainly try going on Gamefaqs etc its worse especially when you talk about Xbox 360 games.
Playstation is POP culture and most ppl these days are Media and/or hype led.
In Japan they only buy Japanese and even in America the dumbasses dont get behind their own and will all buy the PS3.

NickSCFC said:
11 months of sales lost? With the price expect PS3 to sell very slooowwwly for the 1st year!
Don't forget WE on PS3 totally new game, not like PES6 ;)

I dont agree. This first year is the easiest time to sell the machine. The first 6 months it will be sold out, with the second half of the year having people looking forward to some truly great 2nd generation titles.

Its after the first year that it will be difficult. Thats where the hardware battle will be won or lost.

Lets also face it WE and PES have no influence on System sales especially in America the biggest market.
OXM just had a huge article on Autumn/Fall sports games releases and guesss what no WE/PES in sight, Konami dont even try.

ThomasGOAL said:

No it will be built off the PS2 release at the same time just think back 4 years and with the Xbox 360 release it just proves my point.

Re: the first immagines of PES6 on XBOX360

If the 12month thing is true ill be getting a xbox then. Cant stand the thought of having to play we10 for 18months before getting the next-gen. Even better now the price is going down for th xbox aswell.

ThomasGOAL said:
WE always a new game ;) PES6 is copy of WE with few bug fix

not always, remember WE5 FE? was PES with the Adidas license ;)

No but you are right Thomas, I expect WE to be very different to PES 360. BUT I reckon it will be released on the PS3 and 360 at the same time in Japan.

ThomasGOAL said:

Er no, it'll be a sequel, and will probably have same graphics as PES6 360, maybe with a few things added like managers.

It's 10:57 PM in here. Bed time.
To the PS3 lovers: Sorry for bringing you bad news.
To the 360 fans and most of the undecided people (until today): See you all in Xbox Live.
Thomas, I've got to ask you: what is it with that avatar? Did he also headbutt an Arsenal player last year?

Who cares about the PS3 anyway! its not out yet, when it is I will get one, I am not loyal to brands if there overpriced or overhyped (remember emotion chip) then I wont bother, all I care about is playing the best version os PES NOW! thats why I got a 360. So lets forget about PS3 for now, isnt there a PS3 thread, because this is a 360 one!

Re: the first immagines of PES6 on XBOX360

Microsoft confirmed at their conference in Leipzig today that they have Next Gen exclusivity on Pro Evolution and FIFA for 12 months.

Urgh we've had no new screens for ages! You'd think Konami would release official ones by now!

Weren't they supposed to be having a conference today too?

PRESS RELEASE: Konami readies Pro Evolution Soccer 6!

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has used the Leipzig Games Convention to make a series of announcements regarding its highly-anticipated Pro Evolution Soccer 6.

The first Next Generation incarnation of the acclaimed football series will be on show and in the shape of the vaunted Xbox 360 version. Boasting significantly better graphics, enhanced animation and a wealth of gameplay additions, visitors to the Konami stand (F02, Hall 5) will be able to play the 360 version for the first time, marking the first public airing of Shingo ‘Seabass’ Takatsuka’s Next Generation release.

The move to Xbox 360 comes as Konami confirms that Pro Evolution Soccer 6 will be released for the Microsoft machine, PlayStation 2, PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable), PC-DVD and the first ever Nintendo DS in October. With the series famed for its realism, Pro Evolution Soccer 6 is packed with new gameplay additions. Player AI has been upgraded, with players running intelligently into space when not in possession of the ball, while the physical side of play has been refined, with players working to turn defenders as they receive the ball, with defenders learning to back off slightly to prevent such moves.

The shooting system has also been refined, and players will be able to attempt more snap shots than in previous versions, while volleys and half-volleys have been reworked. Other new moves include the ability to retain control of the ball when performing a sliding tackle, while all-new feints and backwards dribbling are now available thanks to the improved dribbling controls.

Konami’s commitment to introduce new licences to the series is also confirmed at the Games Convention and Pro Evolution Soccer 6 will include the fully-licensed kits for the Czech, French, Australian, English, Italian, Argentinian, Spanish and Swedish national sides. Similarly, the French Championat league has been added to the game following a new agreement, alongside Bayern Munich, Portugal’s Sporting Lisbon and Benfica, Greek giants Olympiacos Piraeus, and Manchester United from England. The previously-announced Brasilian striker Adriano will appear on the German packaging, too.

It is also revealed that the online side of the PlayStation 2 and PC game has been massively revamped. Seabass and his team have implemented a new online system that allows up to eight players to compete simultaneously through four linked systems.

“Pro Evolution Soccer 6 is one of the most eagerly-awaited games of the year, and we are delighted to be able to come to the Games Convention with so many exciting advances to announce,” commented Martin Schneider, Sales and Marketing Director for Konami in Germany. “As we show the first Next Generation version of the game for Xbox 360, we are sure that visitors to the Konami stand will see that the future of the Pro Evolution Soccer series is very bright indeed.”

NickSCFC said:
Er no, it'll be a sequel, and will probably have same graphics as PES6 360, maybe with a few things added like managers.
you joking? same graphics? if you're expecting the same graphics as pes6 for the next installment, then you must be really joking. For one i think the graphics wont be much different on both next-gen consoles (content might be) but at the same time i think it will have to be better than this first effort especially textures and the lot. Plus they have another what, year or so to work on it, so i am expecting way more than this on the PS3 and 360 come october 07.

Last edited:

So it's official both Man U and Arsenal are licenced, but what about Chelsea?

Are Konami allowed to Have Man U, Arsenal AND Chelsea licenced? I thought EA's exclusive Premiership deal meant Konami and others could only licence 2 Premiership sides?

"It is also revealed that the online side of the PlayStation 2 and PC game has been massively revamped. Seabass and his team have implemented a new online system that allows up to eight players to compete simultaneously through four linked systems."

Does that mean that this new online system will NOT work at the 360, so no 4 vs 4?

NickSCFC said:

Thomas is right. Every WE is a new game, with PES being a simple update such as bugs and new rosters. The last 2 WE's werent big updates due to console limitations, but the PS3 one will be a jump from PES6 since its not a port.

I'm also sure that Chelsea will remained licensed.

So the Xbox 360 is getting a port of the current gen PES6?

Hardly anything for SONY to break their necks over.

In fact, I believe KONAMI will be starting the new generation WE/PES from ground up... on PS3 that's why they're not releasing anything this year.

First August 07 in Japan, then Oct 07 in Europe.

Man, I really wanted the X360 version to sweep me off my feet but so sar it looks like the same game in 720p and 16:9.. .

I'll still buy it but I'm a little Dissapointed.

Just remembered, Konami released official screen with Chelsea on (Adriano pics) so they must be, Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal licenced and the French league and national kits, We're comin for you EA!

Back
Top Bottom