PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official News and Discussion Topic

Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (Xbox 360) - Screens and info page 1

Sorry :)
I just made a couple of pages search in this thread, couldn't find it, then posted it.

Thanx again :)

Regarding the price of 360 games, I think its a combination of 2 things, firstly the amount of 360 consoles sold will not compare with a ps2 obviously, so the amount of games sold will be low, hence a low return for the software companies, when the ps2 first come out I can remember most games being £50 and the rest being £45, now they are mostly £30, because there are millions of ps2 owners.
secondly. . .yes they can charge what they want, I cant see production costs being that different, and some games are just a direct port of a pc game ie Champ Manager, and also in the early stages of a console's life piracy is not an issue so if you want a game you have to buy it....therefore the software companies will take advantage of this.
But back to the game, Konami are always slow releasing pics of PES, so dont let that worry you, I dont think they will let us down, I think they are proud of what they have achieved so far, and they are not a "cash in license company" like Fifa, dont worry it will be the best footy game ever seen.

Last edited:

just read them scans as you can read them, sounds good AND I CANT PISSEN WAIT lol

Oh christ so you mean more "Im not quite in control of my player who has the ball at his feet!" This was so evident in PES5 and it was so annoying! Sounds as if they are taking a step backwards for PES6....

DJ

I think it will be better and wouldnt worry to much, With pes6 going to all consoles other than the ps3. How do you guys see the 360 version turning out? Im starting to guess it will be the same as ps2 but alot heavier in terms of graphical power. Im baffling i know what im trying to say is the gameplay sounds like they will not differ from the ps2 or xbox version even?

Last edited by a moderator:

John, from what Seabass said as early as August last year it will be Next Gen I think mate so it will be quite different to the PS2 version but not Radically in terms of Gameplay. I dont think it will just be a straightforward port with Tarted-up graphics... Ill probably be wrong lol but I hope not. If it plays like WE10 with the silly flaws Ironed out ill be a happy man.

DJ

Dont get me wrong guys im hoping for sure its next gen, after reading them scans i wouldnt mind if it is tarted up as it sounds class. Again lets hope it will be next gen :) few more weeks to lepzig

whats the big deal PES6 is WE10 in some respects but faster...

It worries me that the article said the next gen pics were alongways aways for the PS3 though...

johnthekingsingh said:
Dont get me wrong guys im hoping for sure its next gen, after reading them scans i wouldnt mind if it is tarted up as it sounds class. Again lets hope it will be next gen :) few more weeks to lepzig
Konami do evolution not leaps. Was PES on PS2 a huge leap over ISS PE2 on PS1? Was it bollocks.

PES didn't become "next-gen" til PES3!

Thats when Major changes took place yes, they changed the GFX engine and made the ball too floaty!

DJ

Nice review, got my hopes back up again :) Great that it's slower and more realistic in terms of dribbling etc, got bit scared from what I read about WE10.

No news about the Live capabilities?

More realistic? you mean the players knocking it 6 years ahead of themselves is more realistic? the fact you never seem to feel like your player is in control of the ball and it feels clumsy? I think if they have headed away from WE10's player control system and gone back towards PES5's they have made a big and annoying mistake!

DJ

i had all the winning elevens except 10 and always find that they beat the pro evos, the difference is very small but seem bizzarly better

Spot on John, WE10 was tonnes better than PES5.. Was WE9 also better than PES5? My mate joked with me and said "The Japs Get The Good Stuff And We Get The Shit!!!" I think there might be some truth to that statement!

DJ

djdoc360 said:
Spot on John, WE10 was tonnes better than PES5.. Was WE9 also better than PES5? My mate joked with me and said "The Japs Get The Good Stuff And We Get The Shit!!!" I think there might be some truth to that statement!

DJ

Correct they have psp's in vending machines FFS :lol:

lol @ Cammeyboy if only we did.....

DJ

You know what would be cool for PES6 on the 360, if Konami had an update feature on the market place every so often for updates, with squads, formations etc being regularly updated. They could continue updating it, that way the game wouldn't go out of date so quickly. We have the option file (and we'd need it for the kits, faces) but it would be great if they did the rest for us.

It would be but wouldnt they need a license to do that sorta thing? ive heard EA will be doing that with FIFA 07 basically providing us with updates after both Transfer Windows close.

DJ

Re: Radically Different

The_Knight said:
"ball-hogging for more than a few seconds will see your player swamped by the opposition".

That already happens anyway. PES is unrealistic in the way the computer plays against you. In real football, much more zone defending is done, meaning that defenders back off from an opponent a lot (particularly near the corners) but in PES you get raped any time you have the ball at your feet. You're given no time on the ball to set things up. This is what annoys me about PES: it's actually very UNrealistic in many areas.

I think PES is the last footballgame on earth to be unrealistic!
You may be right on some points, but PES is still the best in this particular part of the game, compared with it's concurrents.
In the next generation version the game will improve on player- AI according to Seabass so there is no need to complain about these things in this particular topic.

PES does have its moments mate. One min you think "this is realistic" then the next thing you know your player will suddenly play like a retard and the CPU will score a stupid goal!

DJ

djdoc360 said:
PES does have its moments mate. One min you think "this is realistic" then the next thing you know your player will suddenly play like a retard and the CPU will score a stupid goal!

DJ
What most people have to realise (especially ClassicD) is that Konami can only do so much to improve the AI that they have to resort to cheap tricks like that to make the game tougher. Its actually not impossible to stop it, its just extremely difficult which is the whole point of it.

im most probably definately getting a 360 for my birthday has anyone's overheated at all and i can't wait to get this for 360

Walcott23 now I know people will say "dont listen to djdoc360 he is blatantly a Fanboy" but I havent had a single overheating issue or major problem with My Xbox 360 in the nearly 8 Months of owning it! that includes me carting it around to my mates houses and playing it with them and it still works! its not as bad as it has been made out especially if your buying a new one nowadays.

An obvious tip is to make sure you dont stand it on a carpet, or near a dusty enviroment and to make sure there is plenty of room around the vents so that it can breathe :)

DJ

I've had no trouble with my xbox 360 but my gf's dad is onto his 3rd one in less than 8months due to allsorts of shit happening to them. Credit to microsoft though, they replaced them asap without any issues.

I've had mine replaced 2 weeks ago, and I've not played it much at all. They did get me a new one within the week but the manufacture date was 2 days before my original machine's, and that was bought at launch! I hope this one goes tits up before November so they give me a nice new one that's not a launch machine, as this one is likely to go the same way as my first given their track record.

P.S. Sindii, is that you mate? ;)

it seams that everybody experienced the same thing, i bought my one when it come out, after 2months whent broken, microsoft replace it with a new one, sins then i had no problem, i hope it wont broke before wepes2007 comes out, as i will have to kill my self if it does:(

Thats a bit extreme saying your going to kill yourself if it fails!! I know a few people who have had their's since Launch (a bit like me) and theres still work fine with no issues whatsoever.

DJ

djdoc360 said:
More realistic? you mean the players knocking it 6 years ahead of themselves is more realistic?
DJ

I think in PES5 the control is pretty fine. I hate it when you can zigzag anyway you wan't kinda like in PES3, I used to score alot of goals from the start, just dribble past everyone. And I don't play against the CPU at all, so that aspect doesnt bother me :)

If you watch a real football game, you'll notice that even Ronaldinho loses the ball many times in a single match, some easy mistakes like too hard touch or too stupid trick ;)

The thing that I hate in PES5 and the older editions too, is the penalty area scrables. My players always seem to miss the ball with the clearance, or just run away from the ball, but its only a game, theres still much to improve.

Back
Top Bottom