PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official News and Discussion Topic

Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (Xbox 360) - Screens and info page 1

FIFA 2006 is similar to ISS3 I think but it doesnt touch PES, especially not PES3 mate. I read Games Master magazine and this will make some of you laugh.. it said this for FIFA 07 "Now we know we have said this before and you have all been dissapointed but this really is 100% the best FIFA game in ages and Pro Evo should start seriously looking over its shoulder".... didnt I read this exact same Paragraph last year? FIFA 06 then turned out to be dissapointing and more like a kids football game than a serious Pro Evo one :)

DJ

I like a lot of others bought a 360 on the strength that PES6 comes to 360 before PS3, I just hope they do bring it out around Oct because everything's gone abit quite. At the moment I've got Fifa WC, which is ok for now but Konami wont even have to try hard to beat it. For example the shooting on Fifa is crap, and so is the long ball passing, its too arcadey. When you play PES you feel like you have played a proper footy game, I dont want to beat a team 6-1, its much more rewarding playing proper AI players and just nicking a game 2-1. Although Fifa has showed even at this early stage what next gen can do, PES is about gameplay and I cant wait for Konami's first effort.

Mate ive heard 2 different stories. OXM (Official Xbox Magazine) 360 said November, most other places have insisted it comes out on the 27th of October for Xbox 360.

FIFA 2007 shows its nondecentplayinggame head in November in case anyone is interested...... anyone? no? :)

DJ

play.com has it for oct27th. Im sure this is right as play are always reliable with pro evo titles. Im sure the up and comming (how long) games convention in germany will give us all that is official :) i cant wait for pes6 on 360

yeah i really want to know when and how this game is gonna be, and when the ps3 version is released, might get the xbox if its worth it(time and game wise). Over here they are giving the core version away free with a 20euro mobilephone 2 year contract (including new mobile aswell). You pretty much break even.

Well im tempted to pre order it but usually our local GameStation has tonnes of copies of games so I doubt ill have a problem.

DJ

djdoc360 said:
Well im tempted to pre order it but usually our local GameStation has tonnes of copies of games so I doubt ill have a problem.

DJ
I hope we will have it some days earlier by some nice sites ;) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Of course there is no question that we will buy it asap :lol:

Lets just hope the issues they mentioned recently in a mag I read about the 360 version are sorted, they were having difficulties with certain elements of it at 1 point.

DJ

why is it that most games give us prior info and with pes no get hardly anything other than the intro movie to download and the game when it hits the shelfs. I mean two screen shoots are whack, if seabass is going to unvail it soon at least give us some in game stills specially the pitch :(

well that would mean the chances of people realising that they have hardly improved anything other then gameplay would increase and lessen the chances of non harcore gamers buying the thing, moreso with fifa shouting from the rooftops whatever new feature they have incoporated "goalie 1st touch dribble skill introduced" or something as non important

I seriously hope the reason they are keeping it under wraps is for good reasons only and not bad ones, I guess we shall have to wait for Leipzig :)

DJ

djdoc360 said:
I seriously hope the reason they are keeping it under wraps is for good reasons only and not bad ones, I guess we shall have to wait for Leipzig :)

DJ

Wishful thinking... I'm afraid.

Every day Konami isn't showing us anything, my hopes are fading rapidly of anything good (next-gen) comming out of Tokyo.
Sorry, it's not in my nature but I can't help being a bit pessimistic about this. I want it to be a kick-ass gaming experience so bad. Normally I still would be playing PES 5 on my PS2 untill their next game would come out in October. But after starting up my Xbox 360 on my HD tv last november I just can't go back anymore. The experience of playing next-gen games compared to my old PS2 games (including PES5) is a no contest. Had to move on after the PS2-years.

22 days to Leipzig. Konami, the clock is ticking....

Thats a bit extreme mate, im still very happy to fire up my PS2 and play Winning Eleven 10 and enjoy it :)

Just to add im using my 360 in Hi Def too

DJ

Some great replies guys,lets hope they get their shit together,because in my mind,I have a copy of this game standing upright,on a huge pedestal.

"Come to me Tommy,I know you want to play me..."

:)

Has anyone seen the movie "Click".I wish I could fast forward to the release date,lol !!!

yesimissyou said:
Let's get one thing straight, I love PES. I'm not a big fan of the way EA produces their football games for the last couple of years. BUT... they are really closing the gap with Konami's PES faster then in previous years. I've said it before, go and play FIFA World Cup on the Xbox 360, and you can see yourself what Konami at least has to match in terms of gameplay
Really? I was under the impression that professional footie players actualy move around on the pitch, not stand there untill a second after the ball rolls to their feet ;) The game is incredibly hard for me to pick up, and i'm a bit angry that they charged double the price for the 360 version (compared to the ps2 and xbox versions). If it is a graphical update, i'll be happy to play it, just so i'm not stuck with FIFA anymore, it played incredibly rough to me. And for the record, in the states at least, Konami released a Rumble Roses XX demo, here's hoping for a WEPES2007 one.
<edit> Oh yea, is there any reason that the game is not listed on the U.S. Konami site AT ALL? I hope that we get the game over here in the autumn... and if not, it better be region free... Andrò di nuovo all'Italia comprare i 360 per giocare la versione di pal, Giuro!

Last edited:

Himawari said:
Really? I was under the impression that professional footie players actualy move around on the pitch, not stand there untill a second after the ball rolls to their feet ;) The game is incredibly hard for me to pick up, and i'm a bit angry that they charged double the price for the 360 version (compared to the ps2 and xbox versions). If it is a graphical update, i'll be happy to play it, just so i'm not stuck with FIFA anymore, it played incredibly rough to me. And for the record, in the states at least, Konami released a Rumble Roses XX demo, here's hoping for a WEPES2007 one.
<edit> Oh yea, is there any reason that the game is not listed on the U.S. Konami site AT ALL? I hope that we get the game over here in the autumn... and if not, it better be region free... Andrò di nuovo all'Italia comprare i 360 per giocare la versione di pal, Giuro!

Hey I'm not saying that it's perfect, far from it. But for a second FIFA game on the 360 it isn't that bad. EA have made a solid base that is hopefull for their upcomming FIFA 07 game. The World Cup games have been developed by a different EA team then the one who's responsible for the regular game. I would be really surprised if Konami can match this. Japanese developers just don't like next-gen consoles that much. Japanese developer SNK announced today that that they're not developing their first next-gen game before 2009!!!
Of course I can see the bad parts of EA's World Cup game ("Look, mom, I can shoot on goal with my eyes closed and still score one!"), but for now I've learned to look past them and enjoy the better parts of the game.

Oh and by the way, the reason that next-gen games are more expensive, not double the price of current console versions, just a bit more expensive is simple. The development costs have actualy doubled if not trippled. EA (as other developers) is still in this business to make money not out of charity. Same reason why a Mercedes costs more then a Toyota.

djdoc360 said:
Thats a bit extreme mate, im still very happy to fire up my PS2 and play Winning Eleven 10 and enjoy it :)

Just to add im using my 360 in Hi Def too

DJ

well put 8)

Well I think it is to say "since ive played Xbox 360 and hi def I cant ever switch my PS2 back on to play PES/WE". WE 10 is a good Curtain Raiser as to what PES6 on 360 will play like I cant recommend it enough to anyone who has a modded PS2 or Hard Drived PS2 to import it and play it! You wont be disappointed!

DJ

yep thanks mate I do believe this info was posted earlier on :)

DJ

Nick, its also been mentioned quite a lot that the Xbox 360 version will also be there and playable mate.

DJ

yesimissyou said:
I would be really surprised if Konami can match this. Japanese developers just don't like next-gen consoles that much. Japanese developer SNK announced today that that they're not developing their first next-gen game before 2009!!!
Really? Thats Ironic, SNK PLAYMORE (the new name for the company) is releasing Metal Slug Anthology for the Nintendo Wii (Next gen) In November... Capcom is developing two 360 games due out this year as well. According to Sony, they have massive support for their new systems launch (I'll belive that when I see it, after the ps2 launch i'm a bit sceptical, but thats a bit off topic).

yesimissyou said:
Oh and by the way, the reason that next-gen games are more expensive, not double the price of current console versions, just a bit more expensive is simple. The development costs have actualy doubled if not trippled. EA (as other developers) is still in this business to make money not out of charity. Same reason why a Mercedes costs more then a Toyota.
Here in the states, the 360 version came out at $60, compared to the current gens $30, double price. I would have appreciated a price a bit lower, $50 or even (now this is dreaming) $40. But hey, they suckered me into buying it.

As far as I'm concerned about WEPES2007, people who played the PS2 demo at E3 this year, they claimed to be impressed with the animations and the flow of the game, I don't think SeaBass will let us down!

yesimissyou said:

Bollocks.

They're more expensive because they can be, and people will still buy them. Why is the 360 version of Football Manager (a port of a text-based, PC game) retailing at the full 'Next-Gen' pricepoint, when the superior PC original was never close to such a figure, even when it debuted? The same goes for Oblivion Elder Scrolls.

Games are overpriced anyway, it's how they make their money, but I never actually thought people swallowed the development costs line.

They do it in some cases to try and recover the amount they lose from Pirated copies circulating around. Its true the Piracy does eventually directly affect us the Consumer.

DJ

ClassicD said:
Bollocks.

They're more expensive because they can be, and people will still buy them. Why is the 360 version of Football Manager (a port of a text-based, PC game) retailing at the full 'Next-Gen' pricepoint, when the superior PC original was never close to such a figure, even when it debuted? The same goes for Oblivion Elder Scrolls.

Games are overpriced anyway, it's how they make their money, but I never actually thought people swallowed the development costs line.

I don't work in the industry but can say that (most) videogames are NOT overpriced! If you think how many hours your actually playing a game. For instance, I've played PES 5 for approxamately 170+ hours. Compare the relative small price of 59 euro I paid for that game to the price of other entertainment: a movie DVD that you'll maybe only watch 2 times (about 5 hours) or going to a movietheater (9 euro for a two hour movie) or visiting Disneyland (43 Euro for a day) for that mather. That's value for money. Anybody still thinking games are overpriced are just cheap bastards!
I tend to think that a part of the money I'm paying is for the gamepleasure itself, a part is tax for your government, a part is for the retailer, a part is provid for the developer and a part is for the development en R&D for the next game (you do wanna see your favorite gameserie going forward don't you?). I'm willing to pay that price...

On the other hand... if you compare Konami's own PES4 to PES5 on the old PS2 maybe the 59 euro pricepoint was a bit high compared to improvements they made to the game (non in graphics, non in sound, non in game modes, just a few minor tweaks in gameplay and John Terry on the box haha!). But for most of the next-gen titles you can't say that. FIFA World Cup on PS2 wasn't the same game as the version the made for the Xbox 360. Sadly there are still game companies who think the customer are fools. Activision thought they could fool Xbox 360 gamers into thinking Tony Hawk's American Wasteland was a different game then PS2 version. But as long as titles as Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter are being made I wanna pay the price they're asking. Just read the reviews on the internet and magazines so you don't make Football Manager mistakes!

Buy Manager Games on PC anyway, its far better to use a keyboard and mouse to play them type of games anyway.

DJ

djdoc360 said:
Nick, its also been mentioned quite a lot that the Xbox 360 version will also be there and playable mate.

DJ
I was on about the hands-on preview they had in the Xbox 360 section on GameSpot.

Radically Different

PES6 'radically different' from WE10

The latest issue of the PSW magazine in the UK have given us hands on impressions of the next installment in the Pro Evolution Soccer series. The first point they make clear is that the game is 'radically different' in the way it plays to the Japanese release Winning Eleven 10. They say:

"[PES6 is] a solid, intelligent advance from PES5."

They go on to say that dribbling is far more difficult than in Winning Eleven 10 (thankfully) and that "ball-hogging for more than a few seconds will see your player swamped by the opposition". Graphically, there are many new animations and we will even see defenders claiming offsides, and them not being given. Yes, I know, you occasionally saw this in PES5, but it wasn't half as often as in a real life game. Additionally there will be more player reactions to incidents, including finger wagging and shrugging of the shoulders.

You can read through more of the improvements thanks to these scans, first published by 'Adonis'.

Scan 1
http://www.pesinsight.com/page1.jpg
Scan 2
http://www.pesinsight.com/page2.jpg
Scan 3
http://www.pesinsight.com/page3.jpg
Scan 4
http://www.pesinsight.com/page4.jpg
Scan 5
http://www.pesinsight.com/page5.jpg
Scan 6
http://www.pesinsight.com/page6.jpg