PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official News and Discussion Topic

Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (Xbox 360) - Screens and info page 1

I hope there is more, but im not getting my hopes up, and like i said b4, itl be nice just to play is with better resolution ect. I play pes5 on my 360 more than all the other games which are next gen

i really dont trust konami one bit, even their 'official' website contained lies about pes games. I made a thread about this awhile ago, but when they state things like "massive master league improvement" and the improvement is a bigger development sheet for player growth you know they are talking out of their arse. I really hope the xbox360 version is real nextgen, however i still cant help but be mistrusting that it will be a hd/widescreen version like whats been said. In otherwords a pretty lame update, which unsuprisingly is what we have been getting the past 3 years.

tiktiktiktik said:
i really dont trust konami one bit, even their 'official' website contained lies about pes games. I made a thread about this awhile ago, but when they state things like "massive master league improvement" and the improvement is a bigger development sheet for player growth you know they are talking out of their arse. I really hope the xbox360 version is real nextgen, however i still cant help but be mistrusting that it will be a hd/widescreen version like whats been said. In otherwords a pretty lame update, which unsuprisingly is what we have been getting the past 3 years.

I see where you are coming from mate,but I'm sure microsoft don't authorize games unless they are at least in 16:9,with minimum 480p hd.

I could be wrong though...:lmao:

johnthekingsingh said:
i wasnt forced mate as the worst that could happen is that i get banned. Hopefully other than the silly which any adult would know remark about fifa is shit and so is xbox was just retric. I am sorry for not staying in the line of the thred ie i first steped into this thred to find info on pes6 xbox360 as i have a 360. So people who seek any latest info shouldnt have to put up with sony vs xbox blab. I still have my opinion on that subject like saunders but from now will not mention it here. Lets all hope the 360 version is higher ended than the PC version of pes6 i know i am. Ow and .... jok ;)

Sorry mate,I've just read back over my reply to your apology,And I sound like a real arrogant asshole.

Apologies from JT ;)

Read it again jammo, i did mean with regard to having nextgen graphics, meaning konami could consider widescreen/hd to be next gen. Meaning the xbox360 version would be a ps2 version in highdef and widescreen. Not real next gen as they would now have you believe, like they do with other elements. Hopefully im wrong and its a proper nextgen game.

Any news about the new Premeirship license???

I'm getting tired of editing United's shirt.

nazzo said:
Any news about the new Premeirship license???

I'm getting tired of editing United's shirt.

Lucky you! Man Utd have AIG as their new shirtsponsor, and should be one of the easiest to make this season. Pretty boring logodesign if you ask me... Vodafone logo was way cooler.

JayM said:
I hope they make the crowd better, or atleast more colourful.

Hehe, word! There's so much to improve though, and it's so easy to see. I can't believe Konami haven't seen it themselves, it's actually beyond me that they don't see it. What about just hiring a bunch of hardcore fans for telling them what sucks and what needs to be improved? I've been annoyed at this for years though, and not much tend to change.

Anyways, surely PES6 will be nextgen in terms of graphics? The pics posted in the first post seems top-class, if that is in-game graphics, anyways.

Better be a demo on marketplace.

I think that's not the way Konami works :)

Whats the point of Demo's/Marketplace's Existance if your not going to make the most of it?

DJ

Market place is for companies like EA to put demos, who, unlike Konami, actually want their games to sell!

Im sure Konami want their game to sell mate. After all theres is by far the better title! it pisses all over FIFA in most ways except licenses & decent commentary and some decent cutscenes.

DJ

yesimissyou said:
Lucky you! Man Utd have AIG as their new shirtsponsor, and should be one of the easiest to make this season. Pretty boring logodesign if you ask me... Vodafone logo was way cooler.

Its the frame of the A.I.G logo that i have trouble with. I cant make it without sacrificing the nike logo.

tiktiktiktik said:
Read it again jammo, i did mean with regard to having nextgen graphics, meaning konami could consider widescreen/hd to be next gen. Meaning the xbox360 version would be a ps2 version in highdef and widescreen. Not real next gen as they would now have you believe, like they do with other elements. Hopefully im wrong and its a proper nextgen game.

Sorry mate,I see what you mean.

Lets hope they get their shit together,like you say,as I bought an xbox 360 purely on the announcement of this game.

It better be worth it,or I'll seek out seabass...:lmao:

NickSCFC said:
Market place is for companies like EA to put demos, who, unlike Konami, actually want their games to sell!

Yeah,I hear you mate,Problem for EA is though,if they release a demo,most folk would probably not bother their arse about buying the full game!!!

Whereas konami will put out a teaser,and KNOW we will all buy pes 6.

Konami I'm sure,DO want to sell their games,but I think it will have to be a marked improvement on we10,not just graphically,but next gen gameplay.

We are all getting hyped up about this game,lets just hope it delivers.

8)

Yeah Seabass was saying that the AI can be improved dramatically with the next gen power but he didnt say if he meant for this version. I honestly do believe that this version will just be a better graphical game and thats all until next year when they have had the time to use the next gen software/hardware more.

Man Utd kit is easier to make with the sponsor but the new style badge is hard and also the big frame around AIG is aswell.

jambotommy said:
Yeah,I hear you mate,Problem for EA is though,if they release a demo,most folk would probably not bother their arse about buying the full game!!!

Whereas konami will put out a teaser,and KNOW we will all buy pes 6.

Konami I'm sure,DO want to sell their games,but I think it will have to be a marked improvement on we10,not just graphically,but next gen gameplay.

We are all getting hyped up about this game,lets just hope it delivers.

8)

Let's get one thing straight, I love PES. I'm not a big fan of the way EA produces their football games for the last couple of years. BUT... they are really closing the gap with Konami's PES faster then in previous years. I've said it before, go and play FIFA World Cup on the Xbox 360, and you can see yourself what Konami at least has to match in terms of gameplay, looks and sounds. Really, it's a decent first generation next-gen game. I didn't think I would ever say that after being so disappointed with the series for years. And in the mean time I'm not too sure about Konami's first next-gen football game. All we have seen so far are these not too spectacular rendered screenshots. For instance, look at the shirt around Adriano's upperarm, it's all square and definitely not round as it's supposed to be, right? It's a small detail but one that you don't see in EA's game on the 360. And if this is the first thing that we see comming out of Japan, then it isn't particulary reasuring for what's to follow, is it?

So I really don't agree with what your saying. EA has the pick-up-and-play standard and visual shebang shebang, instead of Konami's game where you really have to spend the long hours, days and in some cases even months before you can realy see (feel!) how special the PES series really are. So marketplace is THE place for EA games to actually get people buying the game after playing a demo. Konami still has to learn a few things there...

FIFA 06 was better than 05 and 04 and WC had some minor improvements over FIFA 06 BUT the game still doesnt feel like football should! It still lacks that depth and quality that PES has.

Ok you might have to play PES a while to get the hang of it but its rewarding when you do.

DJ

Gosh! I feel the PES-series are still way ahed of FIFA in terms of gameplay but when it comes to presentation and feeling the atmosphere the latest FIFA World Cup game (Xbox360 the only one game I played/ Sweden - Trinidad) made me feel warm. I really felt as though I was in the German stadiums when I was playing it.

djdoc360 said:
FIFA 06 was better than 05 and 04 and WC had some minor improvements over FIFA 06 BUT the game still doesnt feel like football should! It still lacks that depth and quality that PES has.

Ok you might have to play PES a while to get the hang of it but its rewarding when you do.

DJ

Totally agree. Fifa is a lot better then it was and the 360 one is an alright game. It still doesn't feel like football though.

Whatever they do with the next gen pro evo I will be happy. As long as its always going in the right direction I won't complain. Even a spruced up graphics version would do me first time round. I know there is a lot of room for improvement and so do Konami. Its just not always easy, espcially to upgrade gameplsy without breaking it.

Anyway, its all good. I look forward to seeing some more info on it soon

I know there is a lot of room for improvement and so do Konami. Its just not always easy, espcially to upgrade gameplsy without breaking it.

Do they?! It isnt the gameplay that is the problem, although continues improvements are good. Its gamemodes and database which needs to improve drastically, ML is a joke, the number of teams is also a joke. Thats what the need to focus on, it doesnt even take that much to do it either ffs

yesimissyou said:
Let's get one thing straight, I love PES. I'm not a big fan of the way EA produces their football games for the last couple of years. BUT... they are really closing the gap with Konami's PES faster then in previous years. I've said it before, go and play FIFA World Cup on the Xbox 360, and you can see yourself what Konami at least has to match in terms of gameplay, looks and sounds. Really, it's a decent first generation next-gen game. I didn't think I would ever say that after being so disappointed with the series for years. And in the mean time I'm not too sure about Konami's first next-gen football game. All we have seen so far are these not too spectacular rendered screenshots. For instance, look at the shirt around Adriano's upperarm, it's all square and definitely not round as it's supposed to be, right? It's a small detail but one that you don't see in EA's game on the 360. And if this is the first thing that we see comming out of Japan, then it isn't particulary reasuring for what's to follow, is it?

So I really don't agree with what your saying. EA has the pick-up-and-play standard and visual shebang shebang, instead of Konami's game where you really have to spend the long hours, days and in some cases even months before you can realy see (feel!) how special the PES series really are. So marketplace is THE place for EA games to actually get people buying the game after playing a demo. Konami still has to learn a few things there...

sorry,this is a long-ish one mate.

I agree world cup 2006 was a HUGE improvement,I really liked it until I played online...

...What an almighty feck up that was.

After playing fifa for a few weeks,you get bored,it starts to feel like the same ol' same ol'.

I bought pes5 for the xbox,and I have never looked back.

Just like djdoc has pointed out,you really have to go back through a lenghty,but very worthwhile control system,and it really pays dividends when you remaster the good ol' pes way of playing.

As for EA,why people constantly buy some of the drivel they put out.

I bought burnout revenge for the ps2,when you went online the game crashed and died a horrible death.
I bought burnout revenge for the 360,never thought it looked much better than the ps2 version.Just never felt right.

Bought PGR 3,Now thats how a racing game should be.
When EA took over the burnout series,it really started to go downhill imo.
Need for speed underground was a great game,then they made it worse every title after,especially most wanted.

Fifa was the top dog in the last century,easily,then slowly started to just spew games out(meeting deadlines) purely for marketing reasons,without properly playtesting their merchandise.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that EA are more interested in keeping Mr corporation happy,than really giving a toss about US,the paying public.

All imo of course.:D

ps.I would really love EA to prove me wrong on fifa 2007,but I fear I will just be pissing in the wind.

great reply jamboto EA to me are like big bullies who just steal what they feel could make them money. They rely to much on over hype marketing and always come up with the best powerpoints if you get me. What im trying to say i always find with EA that they dissapoint in a big way in terms of gameplay with fifa. I think the old fifa with the diagonal pitch was the best fifa ever as it was original.

That would be FIFA International Soccer (1994) which then on Sega Megadrive slightly improved each time with FIFA95 96 & 97 respectively.

DJ

i remember having fifa96 on the ps1. Really liked that game, at the time.

johnthekingsingh said:
great reply jamboto EA to me are like big bullies who just steal what they feel could make them money. They rely to much on over hype marketing and always come up with the best powerpoints if you get me. What im trying to say i always find with EA that they dissapoint in a big way in terms of gameplay with fifa. I think the old fifa with the diagonal pitch was the best fifa ever as it was original.

Thanks mate.:applause:
Yep,Fifa on the good ol' mega drive was brilliant for its time.The problem is that they never really looked to progress too much,until such time as Pro evo soccer had already stolen a march on them.

Imo,If fifa had looked to overhaul their game in the very late 90's,instead of about 2 years ago,both games would be much closer than they are now.I reckon that fifa 2006 is on a par with pes 3/iss 3.

Basically,I reckon given the time we have pes7 or pes8,fifa 08/09 will be nearer to pes 5.

Prove me wrong EA,think about the gamers,instead of the back pocket.

Back
Top Bottom