PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official News and Discussion Topic

Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (Xbox 360) - Screens and info page 1

csaunders said:
utter tripe? yeah im sure a "HD DVD add on" will be an easy thing to add-on :( HDMI vs component, BULLSHIT. i dont care what your forum says. HDMI is better(for a variety of reasons), no doubt, weather or not YOU can tell is one thing. At what point did I say PS3 will have 1080p games a plenty, I SAID ITS FUCKING CAPABLE OF THAT QUALITY, THUS MORE POWERFULL. So you saying that 1080p video games wont look better then 720p? What are you basing this on? is a blue ray disk a dvd disk or not? i consider any dvd machine that can display a movie in HD, a HD dvd player.... toshiba has hijacked the name for brand recognition... thats pretty obvious...

and lastly i never fucking said this

"vastly superior gaming system "

I said it is more powerfull, in the sense it is capable of ALOT MORE then the xbox 360. I never said it would take full advantage of those capabilities.... and i said both would be great... so

i provided facts, here is what stated

ps3 will provide 1080p capability
HDMI is prefered for quality and neatness over component
a 1080p game will look better then a 720p displayed game
A console that can display high definition quality movies is more powerfull then one that cannot, becuase it inherently has a capability the other one does not

if you can refute those statements with facts, then go ahead, i never said one was better then the other, i just stated the obvious fact that the has alot more capabilities then the other. AGAIN I WILL BUY BOTH< BOTH WILL BE GREAT!

First of all take a deep breath and relax. And yes the HD DVD addon will be a simple case of connecting via a USB cable to the 360 so that is very simple.

1. You mentioned about the fact ps3 will display games at 1080p I just stated games will not take advantage of this.

2. HDMI for neatness I grant you that 1 wire over 3 is better but you said you don't care what 'My Forum' says. It's not my forum its the biggest AV enthusist forum in the UK and they agree picture quality doesn't differ the main advantage HDMI has is copy protection capabilities and even these won't be implented for a good few years but that's a different story.

3. You have not seen a 1080p game except the GT demo at E3 and that never looked better then 1080i games. So neither of us can claim to know this.

4. The XBOX 360 can also display High Definition movies with the HD DVD addon. So again no benefit there. And can stream HD movies even now from a Media Centre PC.

So really there was no need to start swearing but you stated and i'll quote you exactly this time " So in these respects the ps3 will be much more powerfull in the sense, that it is going to be capable of so much more then the xbox 360.... so i wouldnt go as far to say that there a dead heat, the ps3 is a far more advanced gaming system in terms of capability "

So I was only replying to this.

Either way when the price of the PS3 drops I will probably buy 1 as I'm not anti playstation at all. I'm only anti Sony Bull, which for some reason the company keeps spouting and taking the average customer for a complete idiot.

NickSCFC said:
Excuse me it's my thread!

I think this Johnthekingsingh should be banned.

It's nothing against you Nick i love you its just all this 360 vs ps3 is getting out of hand.

johnthekingsingh said:
fifa is shit and so is xbox LMAUO

You Sir are a fecking prick.

This thread is dedicated to XBOX360's version of the game.

JayD said:
First of all take a deep breath and relax. And yes the HD DVD addon will be a simple case of connecting via a USB cable to the 360 so that is very simple.

1. You mentioned about the fact ps3 will display games at 1080p I just stated games will not take advantage of this.

2. HDMI for neatness I grant you that 1 wire over 3 is better but you said you don't care what 'My Forum' says. It's not my forum its the biggest AV enthusist forum in the UK and they agree picture quality doesn't differ the main advantage HDMI has is copy protection capabilities and even these won't be implented for a good few years but that's a different story.

3. You have not seen a 1080p game except the GT demo at E3 and that never looked better then 1080i games. So neither of us can claim to know this.

4. The XBOX 360 can also display High Definition movies with the HD DVD addon. So again no benefit there. And can stream HD movies even now from a Media Centre PC.

So really there was no need to start swearing but you stated and i'll quote you exactly this time " So in these respects the ps3 will be much more powerfull in the sense, that it is going to be capable of so much more then the xbox 360.... so i wouldnt go as far to say that there a dead heat, the ps3 is a far more advanced gaming system in terms of capability "

So I was only replying to this.

Either way when the price of the PS3 drops I will probably buy 1 as I'm not anti playstation at all. I'm only anti Sony Bull, which for some reason the company keeps spouting and taking the average customer for a complete idiot.
but it wont be able to show movies or games in the 1080p format, not matter what add on you throw at it.... i think your missing that point...
and how much money is an xbox360 going to be once you get the bigger hardrive, and the HD addon.... also where is all the info saying they will not be making games in 1080p?

csaunders said:
but it wont be able to show movies or games in the 1080p format, not matter what add on you throw at it.... i think your missing that point...
and how much money is an xbox360 going to be once you get the bigger hardrive, and the HD addon.... also where is all the info saying they will not be making games in 1080p?

At the moment there is honestly no need for a bigger HD and the HD DVD addon is rumored to be £80-£100. And coupled with the expected 360 price drop it's still very competetive. And the HD DVD is only for those who want it which IMO is a good thing. You are right about the 1080p but then again what gamers are going to have TV sets to take advantage of it? People are just getting upto speed with HD ready sets so it will be a few years over in europe especially. Maybe outside of the PS3 life cycle.

Back on topic,lol, am I right in thinking that theres gonna be a multi release of pes6 in October or whenever, the xbox version just being HD and then an entirely new, next jen pro evo game in January?

Back to the argument lol, Im a fan of both companys and I sell TVs in a shop, My pal there tells me that 1080P is noticeabley different to interlaced, but the problem is that the tv companys have shot themselves in the foot by releasing all these HD tvs and saying there future proof, knowing that the next step will be soon as in 1080p, so next dec, therel be new tvs for expensive prices wich will do the NEW hd. They bare bastardos these companies! Component over HDMI is a preference thince, saying HDMI is better is like saying scart is better than component, its pretty much identical, just fused into one connection rather than 3.

JayD said:
Erm I think you'll find you talking with no facts. All they have mentioned is the basic service will be free. Well the 360's basic service is free XBOX live silver and Sony haven't stated anywhere what their free service will include. And you really think a company who has no infra structure in regards to networking etc could suddenly produce something better than a company who has specialized in the field for decades? Think again. Just to add Xbox Live is not expensive and with the new plans for cross platform PC - 360 gaming ( which has been announced ) sorry but how will Sony beat that.
I do have facts sir, quote from Ken Kutaragi:
Kutaragi hopes to bring an even better experience to PlayStation 3 users, stressing that basic features that are common on PC games should not have to be paid for.

"You can't charge money for network matching and other basic services. On the PS3, basic services will be taken for granted while content will be the bread and butter of our business."
Kutaragi's promise of free network features from day one will definitely act as a marketing tool against Xbox Live's subscription-based service. In fact, Kutaragi is so confident that online networks and e-Distribution are the future that he believes hard drives will no longer be in use in the near future.
http://www.ps3land.com/article-426.php
If you want to I can give u a bunch of other links.

Oh and the PS3's online service will have all the main features from Xbox Live:
The full list of planned services for the PlayStation Network Platform is as follows:

Communication/Community:
Account created through user registration
Lobbies/Matchmaking
Scores/Ranking
Game data upload/download
Presence/Friend List/Avatar
Voice/Video Chat
Messaging

Commerce
Shops (can be accessed from inside games)
Content Download
Game boot from HDD
Subscription
Selling item by item
Micropayment
Entitlement Management

Account
User Registration
Login ID/Handlename issue

Basic services for the PSNP will initially be free, like Xbox Live Silver. However, unlike Microsoft's entry-level online service, which doesn't allow gameplay, the basic level of PSNP will provide gamers with the necessary services and functions required for online gaming, according to Kutaragi.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6145981.html

MY god If i don't see pictures or videos in this thread soon I'm gonna start motioning to shut down this board

I just waisted my time browsing this thread from page 1, thinking it has lots of news and screens!!!

Im sorry man but when twats like kingsingh come on here and post bollocks it gets on my nerves!

DJ

csaunders said:
A console that can display high definition quality movies is more powerfull then one that cannot, becuase it inherently has a capability the other one does not

XBox360 can show HD movies. The HD-DVD add-on is just a PC HD-DVD drive in a USB exclosure, so that means the 360 is powerful to actually play HD movies. Also HD Movies can be streamed from your PC so it can play them. Just because it isn't built in, it doesn't mean it's not powerful enought to play them.

why do people always argue about which console is better?

DOES IT REALLY MATTER!!!!

just play the games you like it doesnt matter what others think, can we now talk about pes6 which this topic is for

WT eff?

This is a console discussion thread now?!

I love my 360 and can't wait to play all the good games that are coming out for it.
The PS3 will be a purchase further down the line.
That should be the end of it. This power and who f-ck's who up the arse is just stupid.

Sony had a horrible E3 showing and didnot convince many of it's "power" or amazing ness either so...whatever.

I would be happy with a high definition Winning Eleven 10 but I think Konami will make some decent changes, I've read that ball physics, animation and AI are what they would work on most for the first next-gen version. If they mean the 360 version, that's great, if not, I'll still be happy with whatever we get. :D

What we do know though is that, dramatic changes or not, it will be the best version of PES available come October/November. :)

sorry to all 360 guys :) on a note about this thread please dont close it again sorry as we are now weeks away from the seabass unvailing

johnthekingsingh said:
sorry to all 360 guys :) on a note about this thread please dont close it again sorry as we are now weeks away from the seabass unvailing

Fair play 8)

Can anyone say WHEN we will get screens or gameplay movies of PES7.

I'm regulaly checking this thread for any kind of screens or movie or any confirmed new features.

I'm not too bothered about graphics, i'm hoping the new power of the next gen machine will be focused towards gameplay and ai.

A date would be great.

Last edited:

oasismark said:
Can anyone say WHEN we will get screens or gameplay movies of PES7.

I'm regulaly checking this thread for any kind of screens or movie or any confirmed new features.

I'm not too bothered about graphics, i'm hoping the new power of the next gen machine will be focused towards gameplay and ai.

A date would be great.

I presume that you mean PES6 mate,as far as I know,PES6 should be out in November(although gameplay are stating january),there is to be an unveiling next month of the 360 version.

Hopefully,we will be able to play this game online without having to wait about half an hour for a challenger.(pes5 is great on xbox360,just hopeless online).
:D

johnthekingsingh said:

Why do I get the impression that you were forced into apologising?

Still,fair do's.
:applause:

i wasnt forced mate as the worst that could happen is that i get banned. Hopefully other than the silly which any adult would know remark about fifa is shit and so is xbox was just retric. I am sorry for not staying in the line of the thred ie i first steped into this thred to find info on pes6 xbox360 as i have a 360. So people who seek any latest info shouldnt have to put up with sony vs xbox blab. I still have my opinion on that subject like saunders but from now will not mention it here. Lets all hope the 360 version is higher ended than the PC version of pes6 i know i am. Ow and .... jok ;)

Thanks for the apology johnthekingsingh. I shouldnt have retaliated which made things 10 times worse, I just get sick of people saying Xbox is crap on an Xbox thread.....

DJ

So am I right in thinking that in Novemberish time, pes6 will be released on all current formats with the 360 version being hd. and then in january a fully new game will be out for the next gen only consoles?

No... ;)
As I putted in a post before (which has gone unnoticed as I got no response on it):

Han said:
As far as I know from Seabass' interviews, announcements from konami on their website and on the E3 it will be like this:
Konami has TWO seperate crews working on PES 6.
- One crew for the current gen consoles (Xbox, Ps2)
- Another crew working at the next gen consoles (360, PS3)
I am not sure which crew makes the PC version though...

It is as simple as this :)
So for the 360 it will be a full next generation version, which will be the same as for PS3.
The 360 version will be released in autumn. The PS3 version depends on the release date of the PS3.

Last edited:

The same crew working on XBOX and PS2 will no doubt have the duty of porting that version to PC.. No next gen PC version yet.

DJ

Sounds logical to me, so only the PS3 and the 360 will be next gen.

smurf1020 said:
So am I right in thinking that in Novemberish time, pes6 will be released on all current formats with the 360 version being hd. and then in january a fully new game will be out for the next gen only consoles?

No, PES6 will be released in winter for 360. PS3 owners will have to wait il Winter 2007 for PES7.

NickSCFC said:
No, PES6 will be released in winter for 360. PS3 owners will have to wait il Winter 2007 for PES7.

WRONG! ;)
From the Konami-UK site:
Pro Evolution Soccer 6
Release date: Autumn 2006
Platform: PlayStation 2, Xbox 360, PSP, Nintendo DS, PC
Making its next-generation debut, the world's best selling soccer series is back with more teams, new ways to play and even more realistic gameplay.
It doesn't say the 360 has the next gen debut, but that's what the German site says overhere:
http://de.games.konami-europe.com/news.do?idNews=226
Konami auf der GC 2006 – Pro Evolution Soccer 6 für Xbox 360!
Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH präsentiert in Leipzig hochkarätige Gäste und Next Gen-Fußball als Weltpremiere
Translation:
Konami on the GC 2006 - Pro Evolution Soccer for Xbox 360!
Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH presents Konami VIP guests (Seabass) and Next gen football as world premiere.

Back
Top Bottom