PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official News and Discussion Topic

Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (Xbox 360) - Screens and info page 1

djdoc360 said:
WTF are you on? PS3 will be 10x more powerful? I very much doubt it! From what developers for both consoles have said is they are almost a dead heat... get it? A DEAD HEAT! What does that mean? there is hardly anything to choose between them..... the only 2 things to choose is Storage because Blue Ray can store up to 50GB (PS3) on 1 Disc and DVD9 can only store 9.4 GB (XBOX 360) but at present that wont be a big issue and also online play to which MS has been superior since it launched XBox live a couple of years ago....

All this bullshit about the PS3 being 10 times more powerful is bollocks, especially if you look at gameplay footage of games actually being played on PS3... they dont look too spectacularly better than Xbox 360 to me... if anything they are similar in quality to Xbox 360... I wish all these Sony fanboys would piss off and stop posting in an XBOX 360 PES6 Thread spouting why the PS3 will be better!

Make your own PS3 vs Xbox 360 thread for christ sake!

DJ

Great post :applause:

I'm intrigued to see what the edit options will be like on pes6 360, as I'm sure there won't be all the licenses, yet if you want to edit on the mem card rather than patch (will patching yet be possible on 360?) then we need more than just 2 logo slots and we need the chance to make sleeve logos etc. I guess the actual editor could be the same as club crests and sponsor ads are usually in 2d so it won't make the kits any worse if they stay simple.

I live in hope that one day they will surprise us and add in the real league structures with some lower league teams...

djdoc360 said:
WTF are you on? PS3 will be 10x more powerful? I very much doubt it! From what developers for both consoles have said is they are almost a dead heat... get it? A DEAD HEAT! What does that mean? there is hardly anything to choose between them..... the only 2 things to choose is Storage because Blue Ray can store up to 50GB (PS3) on 1 Disc and DVD9 can only store 9.4 GB (XBOX 360) but at present that wont be a big issue and also online play to which MS has been superior since it launched XBox live a couple of years ago....

All this bullshit about the PS3 being 10 times more powerful is bollocks, especially if you look at gameplay footage of games actually being played on PS3... they dont look too spectacularly better than Xbox 360 to me... if anything they are similar in quality to Xbox 360... I wish all these Sony fanboys would piss off and stop posting in an XBOX 360 PES6 Thread spouting why the PS3 will be better!

DJ
i think the biggest thing is the 1080p. This will make the games look a hell of alot better then 720p. I have seen both displayed and 1080p is fantastic when displaying video... HDMI is a big concern for people who like neatness(1 wire compared to 3) and quality of picture(HDMI connection is better then a component). The ps2 will also double as a high definition DVD player, which goes along way... for the audio/video geek gamer(like me), i love my music, and my movies LARGE and of the best quality, same with my video games. So in these respects the ps3 will be much more powerfull in the sense, that it is going to be capable of so much more then the xbox 360.... so i wouldnt go as far to say that there a dead heat, the ps3 is a far more advanced gaming system in terms of capability

djdoc360 said:

DJ

:applause: :lmao: \\:o/ :lol: :applause: YES THAT WAS CLASS, good stuff brother i hear you whos the arse now ??? hmmm

csaunders said:
i think the biggest thing is the 1080p. This will make the games look a hell of alot better then 720p. I have seen both displayed and 1080p is fantastic when displaying video... HDMI is a big concern for people who like neatness(1 wire compared to 3) and quality of picture(HDMI connection is better then a component). The ps2 will also double as a high definition DVD player, which goes along way... for the audio/video geek gamer(like me), i love my music, and my movies LARGE and of the best quality, same with my video games. So in these respects the ps3 will be much more powerfull in the sense, that it is going to be capable of so much more then the xbox 360.... so i wouldnt go as far to say that there a dead heat, the ps3 is a far more advanced gaming system in terms of capability

well put. Wheres the common sense on people saying that they are identical

xbox 720p
xbox No HD DVD TOSHIBA GAMES TO BE RELEASED
Xbox no hdmi
xbox no larger hard drive

ps3 HDMI
PS3 Blu Ray
ps3 Larger hard drive
ps3 Cell Processor

Hey mate is blue the same as pink?

Hmm. There should be some moderating regarding the PS3 vs XBOX 360 posts.

DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE ;)

To get back to the point, has anyone heard anything about the LIVE/online mode of PES 6? I remember a interview with Seabass where he talked about the 11vs11 online-mode and online-Master League.

johnthekingsingh said:
:applause: :lmao: \\:o/ :lol: :applause: YES THAT WAS CLASS, good stuff brother i hear you whos the arse now ??? hmmm

Read the title of this thread and feck off.

miska said:
Hmm. There should be some moderating regarding the PS3 vs XBOX 360 posts.

DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE ;)

To get back to the point, has anyone heard anything about the LIVE/online mode of PES 6? I remember a interview with Seabass where he talked about the 11vs11 online-mode and online-Master League.
online master league, would be epic... 11 v 11 would suck, as im sure some guys would try and dribble everyone...

Teh paLyStation3....WiLl wIn.....beUaSce the it....has a.....biger disc!!!!11111111eleven

Nuff said.

Leave your PS3 threads at the door when you enter this thread! im sick of you Pro Sony people talking bollocks about how shit the Xbox 360 is in comparison and how PES6 on Xbox 360 will be shit because the 360 doesnt have a big disc size or HDMI etc etc!!! Also no larger hard drive? get your fuckin facts straight they have mentioned before that they are planning on releasing a bigger HDD in future! they know 20gb wont be enough but we have got that for starters and it does the job! HDMI? well not having HDMI is no big issue at all. Nor is the lack of 1080i because hardly any TV's (well affordable ones anyway) are capable of this yet...... Cell processor.... ok and whats so special about that? Not a lot if you speak to developers who are making titles for both machines... I really wish these Next Gen Noobs would do their research before coming on here and posting complete bollocks!

Can you guys not read? this is the PES6 For.... drumroll............... XBOX360!! so stop posting PS3 bollocks for fuck sake!

RuneEdge go back to your PS3 thread and post why you think PS3 will be better than Xbox 360 in there.

DJ

Last edited by a moderator:

:shock: :roll: the only way to stop it is lock it. and here was me thinking there was many pages of screens and info.

djdoc360 said:
Leave your PS3 threads at the door when you enter this thread! im sick of you Pro Sony people talking bollocks about how shit the Xbox 360 is in comparison and how PES6 on Xbox 360 will be shit because the 360 doesnt have a big disc size or HDMI etc etc!!! Also no larger hard drive? get your fuckin facts straight they have mentioned before that they are planning on releasing a bigger HDD in future! they know 20gb wont be enough but we have got that for starters and it does the job! HDMI? well not having HDMI is no big issue at all. Nor is the lack of 1080i because hardly any TV's (well affordable ones anyway) are capable of this yet...... Cell processor.... ok and whats so special about that? Not a lot if you speak to developers who are making titles for both machines... I really wish these Next Gen Noobs would do their research before coming on here and posting complete bollocks!

Can you guys not read? this is the PES6 For.... drumroll............... XBOX360!! so stop posting PS3 bollocks for fuck sake!

RuneEdge go back to your PS3 thread and post why you think PS3 will be better than Xbox 360 in there.

DJ
listen dude, i just wanted you to get your facts straight, for one, playstation is built for two major markets, North American and Japan, AND PLENTY OF AFFORDABLE 1080P's will be available when it is released in those markets....
are you calling me a noob? you sound like one when you post bullshit like this

"HDMI? well not having HDMI is no big issue at all. Nor is the lack of 1080i because hardly any TV's (well affordable ones anyway) are capable of this yet......"

its called 1080p, europe is and specifically UK is far behind in HD from Japan and USA. So your perspective is fine if your from UK. But here in the US i have had a HDTV for 5 years now, and its a very common. HDMI on a 720p tv is STILL better then with component inputs. SO THAT EVEN matters for you U.K. lads. NOT TOO MENTION BLUE RAY LOOKS GREAT on a 720p set... which matters to you as well. Im sorry to hi-jack this thread, but you are going off for no reason and name calling, and your the one who sounds like a jackass.... your only seing one part of the picture, the U.K. picture.... the whole picture to someone like me who understands the capabilities of both consoles, KNOWS that the PS3 is going to be a much more powerfull and capable machine for the above reasons.... everything else being equal, INCLUDING THE COST OF A 1080P SET!!!! one day they will be affordable(probably 1 year from now, 6 months after the ps3 is released) for you, and you will then realize, shit, why cant my xbox displayu 1080p games? why cant i play blue ray dvd's? why do i have to have 3 cables? As for me, I will be buying both, cause they both will be great, cause one will have great games, as well as the other.

sorry fellows, not to get off topic, but guy calling everyone a fanboy, is the biggest fanboy on here...

djdoc360 said:

DJ
:lmao: That was sarcasm.

Stop with the fuckin PS3 talk already! and who you callin a jack ass? typical american who thinks he knows it all!

DJ

Dont make me kick both your asses?

djdoc360 said:
Stop with the fuckin PS3 talk already! and who you callin a jack ass? typical american who thinks he knows it all!

DJ
i know one thing, your a jackass, LOL. just kidding i couldnt resist

cant wait for this is online, then i will kick both your asses in PES :)
hhaahaha

Man I dont want any arguments at all, I Just dont like people coming onto 360 threads going on about ps3 this and ps3 that. I personally am getting fed up with it. Yes the PS3 will be a good console I do not doubt that, what I cant stand is the way people slag off Xbox and for no good reason either to be honest.

DJ

I think everyone is just getting a bit excited.

The show is just over a month away, so try and behave before then ;)

Yeah who cares, I have a 360 and will no doubt get a ps3 after its gone down in price, but i never knew it could do 1080 progressive, thats gonna be frustrating for everyone whos bought a HD tv recently, as they are only running 1080 interlace. I doubt anyone will go out and spend another 2k on a new hd tv. All i know is that people who dont have a 360 and havent played the great online, will just diss it for the sake of it.

Oh just one more thing, all you guys are saying about how great Xbox Live is and all that but it costs a lot of money even though it is really good. But the PS3 online service will have all the featurs that Live hasa 9( video chat, gamer profiles etc), so it's going to be as good or maybe even better than Live and best of all it's totally free to play games online.

csaunders said:

Utter tripe. Games will very very rarely run in native 1080p and it WON'T make the games look a hell of a lot better as you put it. Videos are one thing but games are a totally different matter. An 'audio/video geek' as you put it wouldn't refer to it as a 'high definition DVD player' which it clearly isn't. HD DVD is the standard microsoft use and BLUERAY is a seperate entity so 'High definition movie player' would be more along the geeks line of speech. Don't you think? Microsoft will be releasing a HD DVD add on for the 360 which means IF you want to watch High Def movies you can but you are not forced into a high def player at high def costs like Sony is doing just to sell blueray players without a thought for the consumer. Last point about HDMI, go to any AV enthusiast website and they will tell you there is minimal or no difference between HDMI and component connections in terms of picture quality, so you really are talking a load of gash. Check http://www.avforums.com/forums/index.php and don't just take my word for it. So in no way is the PS3 this vastly superior gaming system you make it out to be rather you've just been owned by the 'Sony Hype Machine'.

viniciusdcs said:
Oh just one more thing, all you guys are saying about how great Xbox Live is and all that but it costs a lot of money even though it is really good. But the PS3 online service will have all the featurs that Live hasa 9( video chat, gamer profiles etc), so it's going to be as good or maybe even better than Live and best of all it's totally free to play games online.

Erm I think you'll find you talking with no facts. All they have mentioned is the basic service will be free. Well the 360's basic service is free XBOX live silver and Sony haven't stated anywhere what their free service will include. And you really think a company who has no infra structure in regards to networking etc could suddenly produce something better than a company who has specialized in the field for decades? Think again. Just to add Xbox Live is not expensive and with the new plans for cross platform PC - 360 gaming ( which has been announced ) sorry but how will Sony beat that.

johnthekingsingh said:
well put. Wheres the common sense on people saying that they are identical

xbox 720p
xbox No HD DVD TOSHIBA GAMES TO BE RELEASED
Xbox no hdmi
xbox no larger hard drive

ps3 HDMI
PS3 Blu Ray
ps3 Larger hard drive
ps3 Cell Processor

Hey mate is blue the same as pink?
Do you actually have a 1080p display? :roll:
And the PS2 DVD Player was crap, it is easily beaten by a £50 supermarket player, so I think the Blu Ray player might turn out crap, so if you really care about quality and not just drawn in with the hype you would still buy a seperate Blu-Ray player, though this could act as a stopgap.

Wow ive really have had enough of this arguing that i will come up with some sensible rational arguments why its not likely that the xbox360/ps3 version of pes will differ much.

However 1stly i have to state that im pretty much in the sony corner, with my entertainment setup consisting of sony (tv,hometheatre,steroe,dvdhddrecorderand ps2) Im not planning on getting an xbox360 as there arent many games on there that really interest me, i mainly play pes. Ive already saved up enough to get a ps3 and a couple of games which i will be doing when pes is released for the console. So with that said here come the arguments to hopefully stop this childish bickering thats been going since about page 2 of this thread.

Hardware: Xbox360vsPS3
Having read enough educated opinions on the consoles (developers, techpeople) its pretty clear that generally the consoles will be equal, with each consola having its own (dis)advantages over the other console. These are the people that work with them for a living and have infinitly more knowlegde then all of us in this subject. Ill stick to what they say instead of the 10x better folk in here.

Konami:
Have any of you who consistly say the ps3 version will be better actually have a rational and logical reason why?( johan's posts being an example, however they are so ridiculous that you cant help but be amused by them). You have to ask yourself a fairly simple question, namely; What do konami gain by developing a better version for ps3? Not a lot really, if anything they only lose out. Bottomline is they are here to make money.

Cheaper:
Mulitplatform gaming, why would they bother to develope a separate version when it will only cost more money. They wont gain sales by doing so, we will buy the thing eitherway, and it will only cost more. You only have to take a peek at their pes history to realise that they make the same game across all platforms, was the xbox version any better then the ps2 version, even though the xbox had more power? The anwser is no, and like the xbox360/ps3 it will be the same. The hardcore fans will buy the game regardless, why would they want to shy non hardcore pes xbox360 owners away to fifa with an inferiour game to the ps3 version. Fifa isnt likely to develope a better game for the ps3.

Safer:
Is spreading your bets. Konami need MS and sony as much as sony and MS need konami. Why would they risk losing sales to one platform(pissing off one manufacturer) by developing a better game for another platform. Its not finacially logical, nor is the development of 2 separate games as stated earlier.

Concluding
The consoles are fairly equal, they have lower costs doing mulitplatform and they increase company security being keeping the game the same for the main competition, as they have done before. So they are the reasons why its likely the games will be the same, or pretty much the same.

Now can anyone come up with a logical argument why they would then bother developing a separate game for the ps3? If not please shut the fuck up!

Tiktiktik, good post.
As far as I know from Seabass' interviews, announcements from konami on their website and on the E3 it will be like this:
Konami has TWO seperate crews working on PES 6.
- One crew for the current gen consoles (Xbox, Ps2)
- Another crew working at the next gen consoles (360, PS3)
I am not sure which crew makes the PC version though...

It is as simple as this :)

It’s just unbelievable, all this PS3 vs Xbox360 crap. Who cares, they're probably both fine consoles. It's like saying the Rolling Stones are better than The Beatles or vice versa. This is probably what you get when there's absolutely no new PES 6 news at all. People get bored very fast.

So how many days till Leipzig?

I have said it before and will say it again: Konami, please feed these guys around here with something new, anything will do... A tiny new Xbox 360 screenshot to celebrate summer, why don't you?

By the way, Konami will have to come up with something really good because there's competition on the horizon. You can say what you like about EA's FIFA World Cup game, but it really isn't that bad of a game. Sure, gameplay-wise it's not up there with PES but they're closing the gap. You can really see the major steps forward in the quality of the game thanks to a big team of Japanese programmers EA hired for their FIFA game two years ago. And by the time Konami launches their first footy game on the Xbox 360, EA has a big headstart because FIFA 2007 will already be their third footballgame on Microsofts nex-gen console. That’s valuable experience right there. Every developer needs time to get the best out of a new machine. So that we’re not hearing ANYTHING about next gen PES can mean only two things:

The good version..
It’s a great game and they just don’t want to tell and really keep it a secret. Have Seabass holding the PES source code on a harddisk and screaming ‘My precious!’ around the Konami office all day long while he probably doesn’t wanna come out of the toilet. But then why wouldn’t you want to start a hype? You can’t tease an adience early enough, and word of mouth will do the rest. So this means free publicity Konami... Duh!

The bad version...
It has all the signs it is starting to turn out a shitty game next to EA’s game. And you know what Japanese are like in these situations: out of shame they jump out of the window (Pessotto style).

fifa is shit and so is xbox LMAUO

ashmufc said:
Do you actually have a 1080p display? :roll:
And the PS2 DVD Player was crap, it is easily beaten by a £50 supermarket player, so I think the Blu Ray player might turn out crap, so if you really care about quality and not just drawn in with the hype you would still buy a seperate Blu-Ray player, though this could act as a stopgap.
yes i do, i just pre-orederd the new jvc

JayD said:
Utter tripe. Games will very very rarely run in native 1080p and it WON'T make the games look a hell of a lot better as you put it. Videos are one thing but games are a totally different matter. An 'audio/video geek' as you put it wouldn't refer to it as a 'high definition DVD player' which it clearly isn't. HD DVD is the standard microsoft use and BLUERAY is a seperate entity so 'High definition movie player' would be more along the geeks line of speech. Don't you think? Microsoft will be releasing a HD DVD add on for the 360 which means IF you want to watch High Def movies you can but you are not forced into a high def player at high def costs like Sony is doing just to sell blueray players without a thought for the consumer. Last point about HDMI, go to any AV enthusiast website and they will tell you there is minimal or no difference between HDMI and component connections in terms of picture quality, so you really are talking a load of gash. Check http://www.avforums.com/forums/index.php and don't just take my word for it. So in no way is the PS3 this vastly superior gaming system you make it out to be rather you've just been owned by the 'Sony Hype Machine'.
utter tripe? yeah im sure a "HD DVD add on" will be an easy thing to add-on :( HDMI vs component, BULLSHIT. i dont care what your forum says. HDMI is better(for a variety of reasons), no doubt, weather or not YOU can tell is one thing. At what point did I say PS3 will have 1080p games a plenty, I SAID ITS FUCKING CAPABLE OF THAT QUALITY, THUS MORE POWERFULL. So you saying that 1080p video games wont look better then 720p? What are you basing this on? is a blue ray disk a dvd disk or not? i consider any dvd machine that can display a movie in HD, a HD dvd player.... toshiba has hijacked the name for brand recognition... thats pretty obvious...

and lastly i never fucking said this

"vastly superior gaming system "

I said it is more powerfull, in the sense it is capable of ALOT MORE then the xbox 360. I never said it would take full advantage of those capabilities.... and i said both would be great... so

i provided facts, here is what stated

ps3 will provide 1080p capability
HDMI is prefered for quality and neatness over component
a 1080p game will look better then a 720p displayed game
A console that can display high definition quality movies is more powerfull then one that cannot, becuase it inherently has a capability the other one does not

if you can refute those statements with facts, then go ahead, i never said one was better then the other, i just stated the obvious fact that the has alot more capabilities then the other. AGAIN I WILL BUY BOTH< BOTH WILL BE GREAT!

Back
Top Bottom