PES5 ML Thread (see new PES6 thread)

Re: The All New PES5 Master League Thread.

logonancyiz2.jpg
AS Nancy x Heracles Almelo
logoheracleslz0.jpg

Ground: Stade Marcel Picot
Attendance: 20,000

Lineups:

AS Nancy:

Bracigliano; Diakhaté, Lécluse, Puygrenier; Berenguer, Khouma Keita, Chrétien, Brison, Sarkisián;
Kroupi, Zerka

Heracles Almelo:

Piekenhagen; Reekers, Hoogma, Janssen, Looms; Maas, De Vries, Hellings, Tanghe; Quansah, Calincov

First Half:

AS Nancy kicked off for the first time this season, being cheered by around 18,000 fans.
The new AS Nancy manager saw his team start great, Zerka was pushed inside the box and converted
the received penalty, AS Nancy were up after only 8 minutes. Neither side seemed to get a boost from
the early goal, the game was played on the midfield for the most part, Nancy being the side with the
most possesion, but Heracles the team with danger, a Heracles breakout ended on the post after a Quansah
strike. On a breakout, it was Puygrenier who put Sarkissián in front of the keeper with a tremendous
long pass over around 60 metres. Sarkissián didn't make a mistake, he chipped it over the outcoming
Piekenhagen. After that, the game was just midfield play until the half time break.

Second Half:

Heracles started the second half with a slightly changed 11, Hofstede replacing Tanghe. It wouldn't help
much, in fact AS Nancy got another penalty after just 2 minutes in the second half, and again it was Zerka
who took the spot kick, and again he managed to score, 3-0. Heracles didn't really seem to believe in a
win anymore, so the AS Nancy coach decided to experiment a little by subbing Sarkissián and Kroupi and
replaced them by N'Guemo and Rudolf, two much promising youngsters. AS Nancy were in control of the game,
just stroking the ball around at the back, and Heracles didn't seem to care. In the 87th minute, it was
N'Guemo who dived to the ground in the box, and AGAIN Nancy were awarded a penalty kick.
Zerka decided to take it again and he didn't fail and decided the final score at 4-0. A nice win for
Nancy, but next week when Nancy visits rivals Metz, everyone expects a harder game.

Goals:

AS Nancy 4-0 Heracles Almelo

Zerka (P) '8
Sarkissián '37
Zerka (P) '48
Zerka (P) '87

Man of the Match: Zerka, 7.0

motmnanheryh2.png

Results:
Willem II-Sparta 2-1
Nancy-Heracles 4-0
Metz-Strasbourg 2-1
Ajaccio-RBC 1-2

Table:

1. Nancy 1-3
2. Metz 1-3
3. Willem II 1-3
4. RBC 1-3
5. Strasbourg 1-0
6. Ajaccio 1-0
7. Sparta 1-0
8. Heracles 1-0

Wow looks like the Moroccon who was converted to striker is off to a great start as well as the Nancy side as a whole. 8)

Tonight the great rival battle between Metz and Nancy will be posted up.

edit: Will be tomorrow, I'm sleepy right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

fcmetzlogozj2.jpg
FC Metz x AS Nancy
logonancyai6.jpg

Stadium: Stade Saint-Symphorien
Attendance: 26,000

Lineups:

FC Metz:

Wimbée; Pompière, Borbicon, Béria, Alioui; Djiba, Ouadah, Obraniak, Proment; Momar N'Diaye, Gueye

AS Nancy:

Bracigliano; Diakhaté, Lécluse, Puygrenier; Berenguer, Khouma Keita, Chrétien, Brison, Sarkisián;
Kroupi, Zerka

First half:

The First half of this rival match started quite exciting, with both sides showing their teeth, and both
sides showed they were playing to win. It resulted in an exciting first half, with Kroupi opening the
score after only 18 minutes. A Brison cross was vollied(sp?) by Kroupi, his shot was deflected by a Metz
defender, Wimbée was left helpless. Metz didn't seem impressed and equalised immediately. A Proment cross
was knocked in front of Momar N'Diaye, who found the open target with a volley. Nancy weren't impressed
either and got their lead back immediately with a cold blooded strike, beating Wimbée again. After that,
nothing exciting happened in the first half, with both teams stroking the ball around at the back.

Second half:

Not nearly as exciting as the first half, the second half didn't bring any goals or even shots on goal.
Both side subbed twice, Metz replaced Djiba & Gueye by Tum and Renouard, Nancy replaced Sarkissián and Chrétien with Sapina and N'Guemo.
Nothing exciting happened after the subs, Nancy looked content with the score and Metz couldn't break down the Nancy defence,
with a great playing Puygrenier and in front of the defence. Both Khouma Keita and Bérenguer played very well in front of the defence.

Match goals(low quality)

Metz 1-2 Nancy

MOTM: Kroupi, 7.0

Debut Delight For Kuyt And Cole
From the Amerigo Atlantis:
F.C Portoguezo 3 - 0 RBC Roosendaal
D.Kuyt {41', 45+2'}
J.Cole {69'}

This was Portoguezo's second game of the season, but having rested their five new signings; M.Evra, J.Reina, D.Villa, D.Kuyt and J.Cole; they started them out against Dutch outfit RBC Roosendaal. The game started fairly quietly, but after 6 minutes Portoguezo's midfielder Ximelez broke down the left, and swung a ball in. It was headed away, but Joe Cole took it down and then hit a tame effort, but it still bounced back off the post into the keeper's arms. From then, it was all Portoguezo. Cole saw a hopeful shot tipped round, and Minanda had a free kick cleared off the line. It looked to be one of those games. After 23 minutes however, Jose Reina was called into action for the first time, tipping a shot from Elkhattabi over the bar, and then punching away the resulting corner. However, in the 41st minute, Kuyt struck. Minanda's looping header dropped to the Dutch striker Kuyt, who slammed it in for one - nil. And 6 minutes later he struck again, this time a solo run resulting in him hitting the ball into the bottom corner.
Half-Time FCP 2 - 0 RBC
The early stages of the second half were dominated by RBC Roosendaal, and saw Ekhabatti scuffed a simple shot, and Reina was quick to react to a De Groot run and shot. In the 69th minute, Joe Cole chested down a poor clearence on the edge of the box to volley home. The final twenty minutes saw Kuyt switching positions with David Villa, to try and help the ex-Villareal striker claim a debut strike, but despite knocking a simple effort wide, it had no effect. The game finished with Portoguezo running out deserved winners.
Final Score: FCP 3 - 0 RCB

MotM: J.Cole - 7.5 (A strong right footed shot that sealed the win,)

Hello peeps. I think my stories will resume with PES6. I haven't played much PES recently, as i seem to be a lot busier these days. I'm sure PES6 however, will give me renewed impetus :)

One interesting note in my ongoing AEL ML. Lecce got relegated to Div2, yet they qualified for the UEFA Cup as Div1 cup losers.

Last edited:

lol reminds me of NEC-Barcelona played in 1985 I think, NEC was in second division but due to the cup results they played Europe Cup II, they only lost 5-2 on aggregate. I'm going to take a break as well I think.

do you know how i can disable classic players of the master league in the PES 5 (PC)?? because i don't like maradona in real madrid...

The Zaragoza chairman, Eduardo Bandres, has decided to sack Victor Munoz and replace him with the former Zaragoza and Porto manager, Victor Fernandez. Fernandez takes up the post having already won silverware with the club in 1994 in the Cup Winners' Cup. The fans of the club are somewhat surprised by the move, with the club challenging for promotion and a place in the final of the cup. The chairman refused to elaborate on the decision to fire Munoz, but the rumour is that the former manager had a bust up with the chairman over plans for next season and targets in the transfer window. These are, of course, unconfirmed, but Munoz reportedly wanted to try and sign Andres D'Alessdandro from Wolfsburg and out of favour midfielder Pablo Aimar from Valencia. Bandres fired back saying that he could not do this unless high earners such as Ewerthon and Savio were offloaded. Munoz was not pleased about this and the bust up is said to have occurred after the recent draw in the cup with Malaga, which saw a poor performance from La Blanquillos. Bandres must have believed that the performance and demands of Munoz were not good enough, therefore deciding to give him the pink slip. Victor Fernandez comes in at a crucial time, with the club hosting Benfica this week. Will he change the system? What are his plans? All shall be revealed when the match of the week sees Benfica travel to Zaragoza.

Note - I am continuing my ML story, despite Zaragoza actually making a load of changes in the transfer window. I can't really be bothered to make all the transfers etc. and start a new game, because the current one is quite fun. The last post from the game was on page 47 if anyone wants to catch up. (http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=693954&postcount=1383)

Thanks.

Last edited:

Real Zaragoza vs S.L. Benfica - Division 2, Matchday 10

Match Highlights (6mb) - http://www.sendspace.com/file/jugzjl

In the return match of one of the best games from the first half of the season, Real Zaragoza hosted Portugese powerhouses Benfica at a packed La Romareda. With the home side hot on the pursuit of league leaders Porto and Anderlecht, it was important that they overcame their scoring drought in the cup semi-final. After what seemed to be over-exertion in the cup tie, Zaragoza went into the game with a bout of changes - 7 changes showed how much they had tried to put the cup tie away in the first leg. Savio's injury meant that new signing Julio Arca got a rare start at left-midfield. For the visitors, they chose what looked to be a very strong side, with Miccoli and Mantorras in attack in a counter-attack minded formation.

The early pattern of the match was rather telling. Zaragoza looked to open up Benfica with neat passing in midfield, but when they lost the ball, Benfica's incisive passing and pace off the ball was rather alarming, and it was a good job that Zapater, the stand-in captain, had stayed back to watch the shop, or else Benfica would have profitted early on.

With 5 minutes gone, a hefty challenge by Cani on Ricardo Rocha saw the ball fall into the path of Sergio Garcia. The Spaniard managed to thread a great ball to leading scorer Diego Milito, but he saw his poorly placed first-time shot turned behind by Moretto. With the visitors looking to play a high line, Milito had plenty of opportunity to get in behind, but his runs weren't very well timed, and he was caught offside twice. If he'd held his run, he'd have been in a one on one position.

A ball in from the Benfica right by Petit along the ground completely bamboozled the home sides defence. Miccoli's effort was well saved, but really, Manduca should have done better when faced with an open goal from 10 yards out - his effort hit the post and went out for a goal kick.

Maybe La Blanquillos were told to show how holding onto the ball opens up teams. A great bit of keep ball involving Celades and Arca led to the former playing the latter clean down the left side. The new signing fizzed in a cross that was met by Milito, but his header was driven into the ground, and it was a routine save for Moretto.

With stoppage time looming in the first half, Milito showed his burst of pace, and was away from Anderson, but the wily defender tripped him as he was approaching goal. The ref had no hesistations and issued the Brazilian a yellow card for his troubles.

Who? Me?!

In stoppage time, Petit worked the ball out to the right hand side to Nelson, who delivered a dangerous ball in. The cross evaded the Zaragoza defenders, and a late run from Manduca led to his headed effort being well saved by Cesar, who got his right leg to the creative midfielder's effort.

At the start of the second half, Zaragoza hauled off the disappointing Garcia and brought on the "German Peter Crouch", as he is referred to in the British media, Schwarz.

The change wasn't really that effective - when Zaragoza did have the ball, the big German was troubling Tiago Gomes, but in truth, Benfica were holding onto the ball so well. A long passage of passing and moving saw the home fans become restless and start jeering the opposition.

Marcel replaces the quiet Miccoli

The match had a distinct flow to it - Zaragoza pressed with no real end product and Benfica looked threatening when they got forward. With 5 minutes left, substitute Marcel drove his free kick over the wall. With the ball destined for the net, Cesar flew to his right and clawed the ball away.

In the last minute of normal time, a header from Celades fell to the feet of Schwarz inside the box. The German hit a crisp volley into the bottom left corner. He peeled away to accept the applause from home fans, but was instead met with the offside flag of the linesman.

The game ended 0-0, and whilst this wasn't the result either team would've wanted, it was a good away point for the visitors, and it still keeps the home side within the grasps of the league leaders.

Final Score

Real Zaragoza 0
Benfica 0

Last edited:

I noticed something new yesterday which I hadn't seen before. One of my players had already announced he was retiring at the end of the season, so I brought him on as a sub in the last game to give him a final run out. At the final whistle there was a cut-scene of him walking around the pitch clapping and waving to the fans, and in the post-match individual ratings it said "It is sad to think that we will never see him work his magic on this pitch again".

Nice touch, I thought.

Yeah, I've seen that.

I mentioned that on this thread a few months ago.

They've put a few touches in the game thats not always easy to find; Like on PES3 if you press X on a injured player, it'll tell you what kind of injury the player suffured.

Nice touch indeed. Thanks for sharing Nerf cuz I certainly didn't know about it. Must have missed it when SB mentioned it cuz it's new to me. :p

Sochaux ML update:

Currently i'm halfway through my second season with Sochaux Monbelliard.
This is my first season in Ligue 1.

Ranking after 15 matches:

1 Toulouse 30 points
2 PSG 29
3 Nantes 27
4 Monaco 26
5 OGC Nice 24
6 Olympique Lyon 23
7 Rennes 22
8 Sochaux Monbelliard 21 points
9 Lens 20
10 Bordeaux 19
11 St-Etienne 18
12 Olympique Marseille 17
13 Lille 15
14 Le Mans UC 14 points
15 Bastia 13 points
16 Nancy 5 points

There is more to follow.

Sochaux had a rather difficult start with merely 2 points after 5 matches. Litle by litle the team adjusted to the suprior level but it remained difficult to score goals. In the last matches however, they scored quite a lot of goals against other relegations candidates such as Bastia and Nancy.

Evaluation:

Richert: consistent throughout with the exception of a howler against PSG which cost Sochaux two points.All in all he won more matches than he lost for them.

Afolabi & Diawara: both very strong and consistent central defenders. Very important for the team. After an uncertain start they coped well with the strong opposition. That Sochaux has one of the best defenses of Ligue 1 is due to their splendid performances.

Tosic & Calvé: very attacking full backs albeit rather weak in defense. They both showed weaknesses in Ligue 2 and seem not strong enough defensively for League 1.

Buhler: the young Swiss full back started as back-up but soon proved to be the team's revelation. Solid in defense and very good attacking. n top of that he has a very good shot and missed by an inch the goal of the first season half against no less then Olympique Lyon.

Ndaw: utility player who played as defensive midfielder or as back-up for one of the central defenders. Very usefull team player.

Lonfat: often played as defensive midfielder. Proved to be key figure with his fighting spirit.

Pitau: one of various alternatives as central midfielder. Had a a very weak begin of the season but played a couple of great matches at the end of the first season half.

Mezague: another alternative for the central midfield position. Alternated a few man of the match performances with weak matches. Usually when Mezague plays good, Sochaux wins.

Meghni: is used either as central midfielder or as attacking midfielder. Began the season as back-up for Menez, but was very good and played more matches than he must have hoped for at the beginning of the season.

Menez: last season's player of the season had a very disappointing start of the season. Never impressed as attacking midfielder but played a couple of good matches upfront.

Isabey: less brilliant than last season but all in all still one of the better players despite his 33 years.

Mehmet Sedef: one of the two new recruits, the young Turk proverd to be a very versatile player who can play as side midfielder, central midfielder or attacking midfielder. Being 19 years old, he seems to be a good prospect for the future albeit not always consistent. This is certainly due to his young age.

Ilan: had a very disappointing first half of the season. Scored a single goal, which is not enough for a foreign CF.

Gmamdia: the Tunesian former Strasbourg player had a few very good and promising performances but shows considerable weakness before the goal. Missed three penalties.

Dagano: looked threatened by Gmamdia, but in the end he proved to be the most reliable forward. Sometimes looks clumsy but nevertheless is Sochaux' leading scorer with a meagre 3 goals.

Erding: one of several alternatives to solve Sochaux' goal scoring problem. Played some good matches but did not score a single goal.

Weldon: not the most brilliant of the forwards, but manged at least to score one single goal.

It is obvious that in the mid-season interval Sochaux shall have to buy a goal scoring forward. Although playing attractive football, they have the weakest attack of League 1.

Very interesting read Stan. I got through 4 seasons with Sochaux on PLF's file and experienced a very different team. Isabey was probably my favourite player after all those years. As he aged i moved him to the centre of midfield and he dictated play superbly.

Menez up front before his big move to Chelsea was also more impressive than he was in midfield, and i found he complimented Ilan very well - with the Brazilian getting alot of goals over the years in all competitions.

What happened to Joao Minanda? He was my second favourite player in the team. A very good centre back in my opinion.

I also found Pitau more effective than you seem to. He sits in front of the defence and does the dirty work. Try pairing him with Isabey - or Even Mezague with Isabey - though i never experienced the latter as Mezague was snapped up by Juventus.

Would like to hear your thoughts.

Good to hear that somebody other also played with Sochaux. To me it's a huge challenge. My most difficult ML up-to-date.
About Joao Minanda: i forgot to mention him. I play him as CB but only as back-up for the usual pair Diawara-Afolabi (who are imho thebest players of the team).
About Pitau: i rotate quit a lot in central midfield. At the begiining of the season i rotated between Lonfat-Mezague-Ndaw- Mehmet Sedef and Meghni. Pitau played a couple of cup matches and was very good. Since the i tend to play Menez upfront, Meghni or Mehmet Sedef as AMF coming from the left and either Lonfat, Pitau, Mezague or Ndaw in central midfield. To be honest Lonfat is my favourite one although not the most technically gifted.
Ilan was very good for me in League 2. But thus far in League 1 he did not impress. In the mid-season transfer window i just bought another striker: 21 year old Korean striker Park who has rather impresive stats. He scored the winning goal in his first match against Bordeaux. I played him upfront with Gmadia who is slowly turning out as a bad transfer. Although PLF gave him the special ability of scoring, he (or i???) just can't score...I will try Park with Ilan. To be honest uptil now the most efficient striker still is the rather clumsy Dagano. What are your thoughts about him???
It is nice to discuss this with you...thanks for the reaction.

Normally i will not report about every ML match (who reads it anyway, all the usual suspects seem to have stopped their ML) but this is something special.
I have to write about this.
In the Quarter finals of the French Cup Sochaux had to play Olympique Lyonnais. It seemed a hopeless task to me and i hoped to avoid a catastrophe. The first match was in Lyon and began very very bad for Sochaux, after barely 5 minutes CB Diawara was sent off. After a match were i had the feeling that the ref was a home ref, Sochaux lost 3-1 to Lyon (after having led 0-1 in the first half, but two Juninho penalties and a free kick by Juninho gave Lyon a win).
After that first match, i decided that i still had a chance to clinch it, after all 2-0 was enough. I had a stroke of luck because quite a few of my players had a "red arrow up" for condition.
I put the team on all attack and hoped for the best. Sochaux played rather well but was not able to score in the first half (0-0 at half time). The second half was barely 3 minutes old when Menez scored the first goal...1-0 and only one goal away from the semi-finals. Sochaux put Lyon under siege, but it was Lyon who could equalize on the counter (1-1 Fred). After that equaliser, i decided that at least i wanted to win the match and went for a winning goal, in the 83th minute Menez scored his second goal and suddenly al seemed possible again. And indeed in injury time Mezague scored a third goal: 3-1 and extra times were necessary.
Nobody scored in the first 15 minutes (and Lyon was the better team). In the second prolongation however, Sochaux again was the better team and Menez scored his third goal after 26 minutes. At that point qualification seemed achieved, but Florent Malouda scored a second Lyon goal in injury time. To my astonishment Lyon wasn't qualified (on away goals) but it was necessary to take penalties. Lyon won 5-3, but this was one of the best PES matches i ever played.
What i don't get is that afterwards i only got PES for the 4 goals i scored...the CPU considered this a loss, although in the end i won the match (although granted not qualification).

Last edited:

Nice comeback, Stan, unlucky with the shootout.

Stan said:
Normally i will not report about every ML match (who reads it anyway, all the usual suspects seem to have stopped their ML)
I'm still chugging along with Ascoli, still enjoying it, I just haven't really found the will to write about it. In fact I'm now over a full season ahead since I last posted about it.

Two UEFA Cup final appearances in two seasons, two late defeats :( (to two Spanish teams, Real Madrid and Valencia). I did manage to finish second in Serie A last season though, which was the main aim and is my highest finish so far with Ascoli. I'm now a few games into the 2012/13 season.

Also tried to sign your Swiss left-back Buhler in the summer, but could not agree a fee :(

In fact, I might as well post this while I'm here:

Golazo Del Ascoli (7.5mb)

A small movie I made with some of the best strikes from this ML. The goals are not that great, you'll see far better in proper goal compilations, but this was just a bit of fun and more of an exercise in video-making. I tend not to score many spectacular goals.

I wasn't sure whether to upload it or not, but maybe you'll like it. It even has sound this time! ;)

nerf said:
I noticed something new yesterday which I hadn't seen before. One of my players had already announced he was retiring at the end of the season, so I brought him on as a sub in the last game to give him a final run out. At the final whistle there was a cut-scene of him walking around the pitch clapping and waving to the fans, and in the post-match individual ratings it said "It is sad to think that we will never see him work his magic on this pitch again".

Nice touch, I thought.

This is great, though if Konami can put little touches like this in, why do we still have the crap ML and stupid WEN points!! :roll:

A couple of fantastic goals in that compilation nerf...Those Ferrante goals were real gems (is he an Ascoli player??? never heard of him, to be honest i don't know Ascoli at all, wanted to play with them but you were first).
Park Chu Young my latest recruit for Sochaux turns out to be a fantastic player...does anyone know for which club he plays irl..

Nick Cave, if you read this thread you will see that quite a lot of people still enjoy the ML even with his flaws.

Stan said:
A couple of fantastic goals in that compilation nerf...Those Ferrante goals were real gems (is he an Ascoli player??? never heard of him, to be honest i don't know Ascoli at all, wanted to play with them but you were first).
Thanks Stan. Ferrante played for Ascoli last season, I think he has recently been released.

Stan said:
Park Chu Young my latest recruit for Sochaux turns out to be a fantastic player...does anyone know for which club he plays irl..
FC Seoul, and very much the golden boy of S.Korean football. Read more here

Hey Nerf, it's got to be Ferrante's Goal C for me. You can't beat a good old chip from 18 yards. Sweet. I remember that one at the time :)

Woohoo, yesterday i finally scored one of those cross-legged goals (C. Ronaldo/J. Cole type shot/passes, forgot the name). I knew i'd manage it at least once in this PES :D

Quick question for anyone who might be playing WE10. Is the player stamina as bad as PES5 or did they address it? I'm hoping it won't be as ridiculous in PES6. Thanks.

Very shit goals nerf! lol!

Just joking. :D

There was a German striker who used to play for Ascoli, can't remember his name, (he used to play for Inter Milan) but he scored tons of goals for them...and is a bit of a legend at the club.

There was a documentry on him, on ESPN Classic.

Last edited:

Professor Nutmeg said:
Quick question for anyone who might be playing WE10. Is the player stamina as bad as PES5 or did they address it? I'm hoping it won't be as ridiculous in PES6. Thanks.

Stringer Bell said:
Hey ClassicD can you explain what the fatigue system is like (in your experience)?

ClassicD said:
Fatigue is fine IMO, my regulars never seem to get shattered but they do all get a rest every 4/5 games, after which their fatigue bar is emptied.

I haven't played much WE10 ML yet for my opinion to be really worthy.

But from the little I have seen, I can say it's been addressed a bit and is slightly better now. Still though fatigue affect is probably too intense!

Stringer Bell said:
There was a German striker who used to play for Ascoli, can't remember his name, (he used to play for Inter Milan) but he scored tons of goals for them...and is a bit of a legend at the club.

There was a documentry on him, on ESPN Classic.
Oliver Bierhoff? He played for AC Milan rather than Inter though.

Back
Top Bottom