PES5 ML Thread (see new PES6 thread)

Re: The All New PES5 Master League Thread.

Managed to play three seasons of my Auxerre ML while i was gone, so i'll post a quick summary of my past season. I'll be glad to ask any questions about things that happened in my ML (like why i bought certain players and etc.), but don't expect a quick reply.

Key

* = Can't remember the price of the player
summer16x168pq.jpg
= Summer Transfer
winter16x163ve.jpg
= Winter Transfer

:arrow: 2005 Season

Ligue 1 Position: 8th
Ligue 1 Overall Best Player: Menez (Sochaux)
Ligue 1 Top Scorer: Gourcuff 14 (Stade Rennais)
Ligue 1 Top Assister: Juninho 12 (Olympique Lyonnais)
French Cup: Quarter Final
Champions League: Not Participating
UEFA Cup: Not Participating

AJ Auxerre Player of The Season: B. Cheyrou (5 Goals/2 Assists/6.6 AR)
AJ Auxerre Top Scorer: Pieroni (12 Goals)
AJ Auxerre Top Assister: Akale (4 Assists)

French Cup Winners: Paris St.-Germain

Transfer
IN:
Arshavin [SS/AMF] (Zénith St.-Petersbourg) - €6300
summer16x168pq.jpg

Greening [SMF/AMF] (West Bromwich Albion) - €4200
summer16x168pq.jpg

OUT:
Luyindula [CF] ----> (Udinese Calcio) – Undisclosed Fee*
summer16x168pq.jpg

Suriano [SB] ----> (Released)
summer16x168pq.jpg

:arrow: 2006 Season

Ligue 1 Position: 1st League Champions
Ligue 1 Overall Best Player: Benoit Cheyrou
Ligue 1 Top Scorer: Pieroni (13 Goals)
Ligue 1 Top Assister: Mvuemba (11 Assists) (Stade Rennais)
French Cup: 1st Round (St.-Etienne 5-1 AJ Auxerre)
Champions League: Not Participating

AJ Auxerre Player of The Season: B. Cheyrou (4 Goals/1 Assists/6.8 AR)
AJ Auxerre Top Scorer: Pieroni (13 Goals)
AJ Auxerre Top Assister: Arshavin (4 Assists)

French Cup Winners: Olympique Lyonnais
Champions League Winners: Juventus
UEFA Cup Winners: Chelsea

Transfer
IN:
Bonnart [SB/WB] (Le Mans UC) - €4500
winter16x163ve.jpg

Grax [CF] (ES Troyes) - €7280
summer16x168pq.jpg

Lemans [CB] (Roda JC) - €3000
summer16x168pq.jpg

Zabaleta [SMF/WB/DMF/SB] (RCD Espanyol) - €4500
summer16x168pq.jpg

OUT:
Martin [SB/CB] ----> (AC Milan) - €4385
winter16x163ve.jpg

Jaurès [SB] (Released)
summer16x168pq.jpg

Radet [SB] ---->(Hamburg SV) - €3470
summer16x168pq.jpg

Berson [DMF/CMF] ----> (S.S. Lazio) - Undisclosed Fee*
summer16x168pq.jpg

Violeau [DMF/CMF] (Retired)
summer16x168pq.jpg

:arrow: 2007 Season

Ligue 1 Position: 2nd
Ligue 1 Overall Best Player: Juninho (Olympique Lyonnais)
Ligue 1 Top Scorer: Pauleta (20 Goals) (Paris St.-Germain)
Ligue 1 Top Assister: Juninho (12 Assists) (Olympique Lyonnais)
French Cup: Quarter Final ( AJ Auxerre 2-5 Paris St.-Germain)
Champions League: Semi Final (AC Milan 4-1 AJ Auxerre)

AJ Auxerre Player of The Season: Arshavin (7 Goals/3 Assists/6.9 AR)
AJ Auxerre Top Scorer: Grax (16 Goals)
AJ Auxerre Top Assister: Arshavin (4 Assists)

French Cup Winners: Paris St.-Germain
Champions League Winners: AC Milan
UEFA Cup Winners: Bayern München

Transfer
IN:
Alou Diarra [DMF] (RC Lens) - €7000
winter16x163ve.jpg

Batan [CF/SS/WG/AMF/SMF] (Djurgårdens IF) - €5000
summer16x168pq.jpg

Lee Ho-jin [WB/SB/SMF] (Racing Club de Santander) - €2300
summer16x168pq.jpg

Muslin [CB] (Willem II) - €3800
summer16x168pq.jpg

OUT:
Mathis [SMF/AMF/CMF/DMF] ----> (Real Betis) - €4388
winter16x163ve.jpg

AJ Auxerre 2008 Squad

Goalkeeper

1 Cool
16 Hamel
30 Chabert

Defenders

5 Bolf
26 Kaboul
12 Mignot
27 Coulibaly
21 Muslin
25 Kalabane
32 Leemans
3 Grichting
19 Vignaud
29 Sagna

Midfielders

4 Alou Diarra
7 Benoit Cheyrou (C)
13 Zabaleta
15 Bonnart
10 Kahlenberg
11 Akale
18 Lee Ho-jin
8 Lachuer
17 Greening
23 Vadócz

Forwards

14 Arshavin
9 Pieroni
22 Batan
31 Lejeune
20 Grax
28 Poyet

Nice to see you back SB.

Watch out with the transfers though dude. You don't want to go over 3/4 per season or suddenly in matter of 4-5 years, your whole team could be different which isn't what we want.

So far though you've kept to the limit of max 4 players in which is cool but I'm just giving a word of warning. ;)

Glad to see Benoit NOT Bruno (As many would think if you simply put B. Cheyrou) is starring for your team like I think he can if Auxerre keep him. He's a very balanced player with a wicked left foot!!

Good to see Pieroni also finding his feet especially with Luyindula gone.

I have signed Dani and he is doing really well for me at Inter!

4 out 6 for Sochaux against Corsican teams:

Fc Sochaux - Bastia 1-1
30' Essola
76' Dagano

MOTM: Mezague.

FC Sochaux - Ajaccio 2 - 0
47' Dagano
66' Mezague

MOTM: Mezague

1 Bastia 25
2 Sochaux 20
3 Metz 18
4 Strasbourg 16
5 Sedan 11
6 Ajaccio
7 Lorient
8 Valenciennes.

To mention: Essola scored his third free kick goal against Sochaux.
Next match is the second leg of the division 2 Cup semi-final between Sochaux and Bastia.

Bastia won their home leg with 2-0 (with an inevitable free kick goal from Essola, must be the best free kick taker i played against...he's a created player, source of the stats: Football Manager and Verter).

Does anybody know if Essola is as good IRL????

Meanwhile i'm finding this very hard.
Sochaux is a decent team with lots of good players (Frau, Meghni, Menez, Isabey, Mezague, Diawara,...) but without stars who can win matches...

Still enjoying it enormously.

gerd said:
Bastia won their home leg with 2-0 (with an inevitable free kick goal from Essola, must be the best free kick taker i played against...he's a created player, source of the stats: Football Manager and Verter).
:lol:

That says it all doesn't it? ;)

Look on around page 45 on my thread Gerd. We already talked there months ago about consequences of using such things. Not only does the French leagues alone have lot of mistakes easy to spot in "FM database" itself but obviously the accuracy gets even worst when you try to convert the stats of one game that uses totally different engine to another (PES/WE) and from what I've seen, it usually gives very inaccurate results. This is why rest of the people who got my file like myself didn't bother making those new teams. Cuz sure it's great to have Valenciennes and Bastia and co. there but what good is it when they are pretty inaccurate more or less?

So now you know why we didn't bother making those teams and just put ourself in Div 1 and 4 French teams in Div 2 plus 4 crappiest Dutch teams hoping the French one get promoted. (which they usually do especially now that their database is fixed).

Does anybody know if Essola is as good IRL????

Meanwhile i'm finding this very hard.
Sochaux is a decent team with lots of good players (Frau, Meghni, Menez, Isabey, Mezague, Diawara,...) but without stars who can win matches...

Still enjoying it enormously.
You brought Pierre-Alain Frau back to Sochaux? :-s
When did that happen? I must have missed a report or something.

In anycase I know what you mean. Sochaux has many good solid players and even good options on bench but at times they just don't have enough firepower especially when Ilan is off form or injured or being rested.

Alou Diarra plays really well in this game, with the stats I have. Although his shooting is terrible, in which his roll is not intended to invole regular shooting, his size and sheer heading ability makes up for it. His passing is ok, but he forces his way through the midfield and I let the attackers prize the ball away from him. In my books he is a very effective player. Sorry for my partial English... :)

I'm mistaking him with Pitau PLF...
I meant Pitau instead of Frau...sorry.
Concerning Ilan: recently he scored a fantastic overhead goal but apart from that he does not impress me much...Dagano is clearly the better of both regular Sochaux forwards. I also play Menez, Mezague or Quercia upfront.

You play Mezague up front? :shock:

Menez can be effective as a forward especially if given an SS role alongside someone like Dagano or Ilan but Mezague is at most an AMF.

Regarding Dagano clearly being better of both between him and Ilan? well maybe you in your game but in real life I disagree.

Dagano is your big strong tall CF who can be used as a target man. Ilan is tall enough, quick enough and has real 'goal-getting' strikers instincts and much better finishing/shooting than Dagano who is useful in his own way but isn't a top-scorer material while Ilan can be.

Hi mates:) with summer vacation coming up, I have enough time again to play ML and write about, you guys got some suggestions for teams? Preferable not a big team. Keep the stories coming, they look good:applause:

Promotion will be decided in the two last matches:

Division 2 cup semi-final second leg:

Sochaux - Bastia 3-2 (home leg Bastia-Sochaux 2-0)

7' Ilhan
14' Menez
15' Essola (who else)
16' Ilhan
88' Née

MOTM: Boudarène

Metz - Sochaux 1-1

25' Menez
77' Youla

Sent off (two yellow cards): 87' Calvé

MOTM: Ilhan

In a match that looked to be the decider for the second promotion place. Sochaux were for 75 minutes the better team in Metz but they forgot to score a second goal after Menez' first.
In the 77' Youla scored the equaliser and from then on it was an open match.
In the end nobody scored a winner.
This result leaves everything wide open since Strasbourg won and leaders Bastia lost. With two matches to go and a certain Sochaux-Strasbourg the last match day, this promises to be a thriller.

1 Bastia 25
2 Sochaux 21
3 Metz 19
4 Strasbourg 19

Sochaux have to play Valenciennes and Strasbourg.

oooh... things are indeed thrilling now. 8)

And hopefully if all goes well, we should see them back in Ligue 1 next year. ;)

LIGUE 2 CUP Countdown.....

and_arrive.jpg

The Anderlecht players leave for a final training session, after arriving last night at their luxury hotel just outside Paris.

01metz2.jpg

Meanwhile the Metz fans are still descending on the capital, with their team deciding to take an afternoon flight from their camp in the Lorraine.

more to follow....

ToXiC ShaDoW said:
Alou Diarra plays really well in this game, with the stats I have. Although his shooting is terrible, in which his roll is not intended to invole regular shooting, his size and sheer heading ability makes up for it. His passing is ok, but he forces his way through the midfield and I let the attackers prize the ball away from him. In my books he is a very effective player. Sorry for my partial English... :)
Yeah his shooting is shit and his also crap at taking freekicks too (despite having a good shoot power)!

But apart from that his a great DMF, who i had to snap up before he turned 27. :)

p.s. he did song a decent long range shoot for me thi season though.

You bought Alou Diarra for Auxerre SB :|

Fuck**... dont tell me you turned a realistic game I gave you just unrealistic man.. :(

@Toxic_ShaDow, what stats do you have? Did you use the update from me? Because although he's a decent player in default data and useful anyway, he's still far from reality in original database.

PLF, you should change your avatar...everytime i read one of your posting i'm looking at Janot and then i think your angry with me...i liked your Diego Tristan avatar...
Being old fashioned i have a mental image of all people on this forum and that is deducted from the avatar they use (except for Db of course)...the Diego Tristan suited you well...the fuck off attitude of Janot does not suit an helpful guy like you...

Well my real life persona is kinda like Janot (Charismatic, outspoken, bold at times) but my physical looks more like Diego so you can combine them I guess if you want to have a mental pic. ;)

p.s. Nah dude why would I yell at you. :p

ouad.jpg

Svensson names Magnificent 11 for Metz swansong

Goalkeeper - Wimbee
Back 4 - Beria, Meniri, Bassong, Paisley
Midfield 4 - Ouadah, Proment (C), Djiba, Obraniak
Strikers - Tum, Gueye

Ligue 2 Cup Final - Kick Off 7.30 pm

PLF said:
Nice to see you back SB.

Watch out with the transfers though dude. You don't want to go over 3/4 per season or suddenly in matter of 4-5 years, your whole team could be different which isn't what we want.
Yeah got a bit carried away, since i was having fun buying some players who were likely to come to my club.

PLF said:
So far though you've kept to the limit of max 4 players in which is cool but I'm just giving a word of warning. ;)
Should be 3 but fuck it lol

PLF said:
Glad to see Benoit NOT Bruno (As many would think if you simply put B. Cheyrou) is starring for your team like I think he can if Auxerre keep him. He's a very balanced player with a wicked left foot!!
Yeah he's got a wicked left foot for sure, i've already scored five scorchers with him saved on my MC! One of the most important players in my teams.....everytime there's a freekick from 35 to 25 yards out, he alwasys takes it and he doesn't miss by far!

Also i noticed Grax can take a freekick like Cheyrou...Hmmmnnnn could that be your doing?

PLF said:
Good to see Pieroni also finding his feet especially with Luyindula gone.
His third season wasn't a good season for him, he only got 7 goals, since Grax was on form that season (16 goals scored). But he did managed to get 6 goals in the CL but got beaten to top scorer spot by none other than Ronaldhino (7 goals). Also i sold Luyindula because i didn't see him fitting in with my future plans for the team.

PLF said:
You bought Alou Diarra for Auxerre SB :|

Fuck**... dont tell me you turned a realistic game I gave you just unrealistic man.. :(
Nah i wouldn't say thats unrealistic in my view...since i am playing in the CL and challenging for the league championship :)

Or maybe i don't know enough about RC Lens and A. Diarra...Hmmmnnnn

denirobob said:
ouad.jpg

Svensson names Magnificent 11 for Metz swansong

Goalkeeper - Wimbee
Back 4 - Beria, Meniri, Bassong, Paisley
Midfield 4 - Ouadah, Proment (C), Djiba, Obraniak
Strikers - Tum, Gueye

Ligue 2 Cup Final - Kick Off 7.30 pm
Thats today right, db? :)

Alou Diarra loves Lens dude and he's already rejected moves to many big EPL clubs/Italian!

Just recently once again he was linked to one of these clubs (I forget which) and he told the guy asking question: "I"M FINE WHERE I AM!!! LEave me aLONE! I want to stay at Lens! :D " :lol:

Plus dude he's like one of the first people on team sheet's name for Lens, it's not easy to get clubs to sell their best players. It'd be even hard for Lyon or PSG/OM to get him let alone little Auxerre and their 23k stadium stealing Lens' key player and one of the best DMF in world.

Whatever though.. what's done is done. ;)

p.s. I know you're challenging for title and in CL and stuff but still... would take huge amount of success/titles year after year to change a club's reputation/stature as a whole not a couple.

Finally....
Stringer Bell said:
Also i noticed Grax can take a freekick like Cheyrou...Hmmmnnnn could that be your doing?
Me ?? :eek: !?? :-s noooooooooooo...
I had nothing to do with it. :p :-$ :dwarf:

Promotion !!!!

Sochaux - Valenciennes 0-0
MOTM:Grondin (Valenciennes GK: 8 he should have had 10!!!)

Strasbourg won their match against Metz and before the ultimate match against Sochaux came level with the Montbelliard team...

Sochaux - Strasbourg 2-0
10' Menez (a beautiful finish after a very lucky deflection)
35' Ilhan (after a marvelous assist by Menez)

MOTM: Menez 8

1 Bastia 28
2 Sochaux 25
3 Metz 22
4 Strasbourg 22
5 Ajaccio
6 Sedan
7 Lorient
8 Valenciennes

GERD DK & Bosman: we need some good trasfers to stay in League 1

Sochaux' technical staff was overjoyed but already looked forward to what looks to be a difficult season.
The Belgian duo was happy with the promotion but is conscious that the team need more technical flair next season.

The team:

GK: Richert:
A very good GK. Won several matches and made a crucial mistake in one.
7/10

CB's:
Afolabi: first choice, very reliable. 7/10
Diawara: first choice, very relaible 7/10
Papa Sow: Young player with ups and downs 5,5/10
Joa Minanda: young player, has had his good moments ut not enough 5/10
NDaw: CB or DMF very usefull, never brilliant always good - team player 7,5/10

SB's:
Calvé: very offensive, good passer has defensive weaknesses 6/10
Tosic: very offensive, relaible defensive 7/10
Daf: the number three, usefull team player 6/10

DMF:
Lonfat: man of the second half of the season, fighter, team player, technically less gifted but very usefull 7,5/10
Pitau: always good, sometimes brilliant, good passer, scored some important goals 8/10
Boudarène: fringe player - very good now and then. Second choice. 5,5/10

AMF:
Isabey: often decisive, most assists 8/10
Mézague: brilliant when he was good, but not consistent enough 7/10
Meghni: at his best when used as a supersub (often made the difference) 7/10
Menez: became better and better. Brilliant when it mattered most: player of the season 8,5/10

FW's:
Dagano: technically not the most gifted but brilliant header and hard worker 7/10
Ilhan: had absolutely brilliant moments, scored the goal of the season - but for from consistent 6,5/10
Weldon: not god enough. 4,5/10
Quercia: not good enough 4,5/10

final.gif

final2.jpg

Metz 1 (Gueye 4') | Anderlecht 1 (Wilhemsson 87')

Anderlecht won the Ligue 2 Cup last night in thrilling circumstances, after coming back from a goal down to level with minutes remaining in normal time.

A pulsating opening half, saw Babacar Gueye delight the traveling band of 11,000 Metz fans with an early goal. Playing alongside his African strike partner, the gangly Senegalese knocked home a delicate side foot volley after just 4 minutes.

The Belgians had a glorious opportunity to level moments later, but veteran keeper Gregory Wimbee somehow got a glove onto Mpenza's fierce drive to send the minnows ahead into the break.

final1.jpg

The second half came and went, in much the same fashion as the first, and as clock ticked down, all that could be heard, were the chants of "Allez, Allez" from the vocal Grenats supporters.

Alas however, a famous victory wasn't to be, as Christian Wilhemsson broke Metz hearts with a bundled equaliser on 87' that sent the game into extra time.

Buoyed by their stroke of good fortune, the Brussels outfit began pile on the pressure, but despite numerous attempts on target, they just couldn't force a way through the stubborn French rearguard.

final4.jpg

So to penalties, which saw the league winners hold their nerve and clinch the double, as both Roy Contout and then crucially Herve Tum missed the target.

final3.jpg

Congrats Gerd on your promotion to the prestigious Ligue 1! :applause:

Although short and not very detailed at all, I enjoyed your player by player quick analysis of performances this season.

Where is the young Turkish/French CF Erding though? did you not play him at all is that why he was missing? Or did you sell him already?

p.s. Before you make any transfers, you might want to contact me via private pm, I'm very much enjoying your story and last thing I'd want is for you to possibly do something that me and the guys on thread might consider 'unrealistic' (As we have a lot of rules) although you usually tend to go for lesser players but still a little consultation wouldn't hurt plus if you could tell me exactly what you wanted, I could always come up with realistic yet good suggestions ;)

Take care

PLF said:
Alou Diarra loves Lens dude and he's already rejected moves to many big EPL clubs/Italian!

Just recently once again he was linked to one of these clubs (I forget which) and he told the guy asking question: "I"M FINE WHERE I AM!!! LEave me aLONE! I want to stay at Lens! :D " :lol:

Plus dude he's like one of the first people on team sheet's name for Lens, it's not easy to get clubs to sell their best players. It'd be even hard for Lyon or PSG/OM to get him let alone little Auxerre and their 23k stadium stealing Lens' key player and one of the best DMF in world.

Whatever though.. what's done is done. ;)

p.s. I know you're challenging for title and in CL and stuff but still... would take huge amount of success/titles year after year to change a club's reputation/stature as a whole not a couple.

Finally....
Okay i hear you.

PLF said:
Me ?? :eek: !?? :-s noooooooooooo...
I had nothing to do with it. :p :-$ :dwarf:
Hmmmnnn his freekicks comes in handy when his playing and Cheyrou's not. BTW his in fine for me currently this season. :)

Unluck about the defeat Db.

BTW did you see Tim Caple on eurosport yesterday as the broker? Was quite surprised when i saw him...thought he probably looked like a tall slim English man, if you know what i mean.

Sochaux surprisingly wins Oita summer tournament:

FC Sevilla - Sochaux 0-4
Isabey
Dagano
Menez
Dagano
MOTM: Genghini

Sochaux - Ajax 2-0
Dagano
Meghni
MOTM: Meghni

Sporting Lisboa - Sochaux 0-0
MOTM: Richert.

Transfers in:
Mehmet Sergen (18 year old Turkish SMF'er)
Gmamdia (Tunesian CF who came from Strasbourg).

This should be the only transfers unless the club can off-load a couple of players...

You got my pm to your request for advice right?

So I guess you decided against Zairi and other stuff I suggested?

If so that's fine, I was only trying to help anyway. :)

Back
Top Bottom