PES5 ML Thread (see new PES6 thread)

Re: The All New PES5 Master League Thread.

hey everyone, iv been playing on the master league for sometime now, but i need a good new kit idea, has anyone got the formulas and colours for a really good kit?

@DB, this Svensson and girl stuff is getting serious huh? :mrgreen:
Hahhhaa.. as always nice and original. Keep 'em coming.
gerd said:
I'm afraid that i'm not such a good player as you PLF...

PS: By the way what are your prospects for Iran in the World Cup??? Can they get a second round ticket???
Me? I'm not good player Stan.

I think I may be one of the best PES "Defenders" but going forward, I lack the finishing touch many times so I hardly think I'm a better player than most of the people here including you. Of course the fact that I haven't played the game all that much until recently compared to rest of you makes sense about that too since I had been up until a month ago editing more than playing :/

Anyways regarding Iran's chances, I'd rather not discuss them here since it's off-topic mate but I don't think so. Unlikely but who knows anything in football is possible.

If you are interested though in my thoughts about not only Iran but some other nations and their squad and etc., I've already covered in depth/detailed talk about 4-5 nations and mistakes I believe the managers have done in picking their squad or the good things. (They cover Croatia, France, Holland, Brazil somewhat and soon to be Tunisia and Portugal today and more as we go on and I find time) on my thread.

Take care for now.

PLF said:
Of course the fact that I haven't played the game all that much until recently compared to rest of you makes sense about that too since I had been up until a month ago editing more than playing :/
How's the file coming along, PLF? I must shamefully admit that I have lost track of your thread a little bit lately, so I apologise if you've covered that question recently and I've missed it. The thread seems to be more about the World Cup than editing these days ;)

Fast-forwarding a bit to catch up with Ascoli:
---

uefa.gif
simbolo_peq_147.gif
PSV Eindhoven v Ascoli Calcio
ico_ascoli.gif
February 2011
UEFA Cup 1st Round Preview...

cristiano.jpg

Cristiano Eyes UEFA Glory

Ascoli captain Domenico Cristiano claims that his team will be looking to go all the way in this season's UEFA Cup. The Italian side failed to qualify from a very difficult Champions League Qualifying group featuring Arsenal, AC Milan and Valencia, and as compensation they are setting their sights on making an splash in the second tier competition.

"It was a disappointment not to qualify, as we've enjoyed and benefitted from our experiences of the Champions League in recent seasons", admitted the 34-year old midfielder. "That's where everyone wants to be. But we feel now that we can have a good run in this competition. Our aim is to go as far as we can, and who knows, maybe all the way."

Ascoli are currently showing good form, having just moved into Serie A's top four for the first time this season on the back of three straight league wins and no league defeat since late October. UEFA Cup opponents PSV Eindhoven are enjoying a similar patch in the Dutch Erevedisie, however, and Cristiano acknowledges that the 1978 UEFA Cup winners cannot be taken lightly in the Philips Stadion.

"PSV are a dangerous team with some good players, like many teams in this tournament. But we're feeling confident and we will be prepared for them; we know we're a match for anybody if we stay organised. The most important thing is to ensure we keep it tight in Eindhoven in the first leg."

Guys I have a small squad (like 16 players), and just enough money to pay wages - am I screwed? Will I ever be able to buy big players? What is a good way of making money?

Also, how do I train up kids?

uefa.gif

February 2011
UEFA Cup 1st Round 1st Leg...

195643_610_1135159617827-370vennegoor211205.jpg

Spectacular PSV Run Riot

Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink bagged four as a ruthless PSV demolished Ascoli 5-0 in the Philips Stadion last night. The 33 year old target man gave the Italian defence a torrid time and displayed lethal finishing to hand his side a dominating lead heading into the return leg.

The visitors arrived in confident mood and started well, controlling the ball, until 15 minutes in when Hesselink lashed an unexpected right-foot volley into the top corner of the net against the run of play. Ascoli never recovered. The Dutch striker was given scandalous amounts of time and space in the box to complete his hat-trick, and, as Ascoli chased the game, added his fourth late on. A mis-hap in defence leading to Contini slicing into his own net summed up Ascoli's day defensively.

Contini's shellshocked defensive partner Dan Thomassen, signed with a reputation for handling this sort of pressure, endured a nightmare performance and later bitterly described it as "the worst night of my career". He and his teammates now face an impossible task for the second leg, where only the comeback of all comebacks will suffice.

Finally a victory for Sochaux:

Sochaux - Valenciennes 2-1

9' Dagano
17' Ilan
35' Saez

MOTM: Meghni 7,5

Finally a good match by Gerd Dk's and Jm Bosman's new team.
Northern team Valenciennes were constantly outplayed in a very good match.

The Belgian technical staff were delighted with the win.
Sochaux are still 5th , 5 points behind leaders Metz.

Svenssons' team slaughtered in home match of division 2 cup:

Sochaux - Metz 3-0

22' Dagano
46' Ilan
82' Isabey

Motm: Brunel

Sochaux obtained a second consecutive win ina first cup tie against division 2 leaders Metz.
Strangely the Lorraine outfit's manager was not in Sochaux...Gerd DK told at the press conference that he was most likely searching players in Andalucia...

We will have to be careful in the away match because this team will be very motivated after our demonstration was the more reflective reaction of Bosman.

uefa.gif

February 2011
UEFA Cup 1st Round 2nd Leg...

celebgrass.jpg

Six-Gun Ascoli's Historic Comeback

>> Click HERE to watch HIGHLIGHTS <<

The UEFA Cup witnessed one of its most dramatic comebacks ever last night, as Serie A outfit Ascoli defied belief in overcoming a five-goal defecit to dump PSV Eindhoven out of the competition. Trailing 5-0 from the first leg in Holland, the Italian side returned the favour and added a controversial sixth in extra time to achieve the impossible.

Two key turning points transformed this apparently routine second leg into a night of intense drama. In injury time at the end of the first half, with Ascoli leading 2-0, inexperienced PSV goalkeeper Nathan Coe fumbled a ball that he should have comfortably held and Matteo Brighi gleefully lashed the rebound into the exposed net, and Ascoli were suddenly gifted a 3-0 platform at half-time with the home crowd going mad and starting to believe.

Francileudo dos Santos crucially stoked the flames further with a slightly fortuitous fourth goal early in the second half, and with everything going Ascoli's way, the comeback was most definitely on. Ronald Koeman was forced into tactical changes to try and reinforce his crumbling team, and Vennegoor of Hesselink was substituted wondering if his herculean efforts in the first leg would be enough after all - he had enjoyed nothing like that kind of service in the second leg.

koeman.jpg
Not one of Ron's better nights...

It was left to man-of-the-match Matteo Brighi to complete what was looking increasingly inevitable, Ascoli's influential midfield general exchanging passes with Fini before rifling the fifth goal in off a post with four minutes to go, and the front-row natives almost spilled over the barriers in euphoria.

Premature? Extra time beckoned and PSV finally awakened, so late in the day, when tricky DaMarcus Beasley was introduced on the left wing, the man who had done so much damage in the first leg. Indeed, Jefferson Farfan then crashed a free-kick off the top of the crossbar in extra-time and Ascoli's momentum seemed to falter.

To PSV's great anguish, however, the tie would be decided by the official. With penalties already fast approaching, Graham Poll decided he didn't want to wait... Ascoli sub Adolfo Speranza wriggled into the area and went down under the attentions of Stefano Seedorf, with minimal contact visible, and the English referee pointed generously to the spot. Dos Santos, a man who thrives in such high-pressure situations, calmly stroked the spot-kick home to become the late hero and make history.

psvscore.jpg

psvmotm.jpg

UEFA Cup Quarter-Final draw:
AS Monaco v Real Madrid
Ascoli Calcio v Bayer Leverkusen
Sparta Prague v Aston Villa
Udinese v Bayern Munich

Astonishing stuff there nerf, what a comeback. Great goal too by Brighi to level the game on aggregate. Top stuff as usual mate :thumbup:.

Well done indeed nerf!!

The little brazilian without a neck came up trumps i see. How did you tactically go about preparing for the game ?

db

Thanks guys. It was a bit of a shocker :shock:

denirobob said:
The little brazilian without a neck came up trumps i see. How did you tactically go about preparing for the game ?
I had to fix what was wrong in the 1st leg and stop the supply to Vennegoor of Hesselink. I started by dropping Thomasson, who had a nightmare in the 1st leg and couldn't handle Hesselink. Corallo is a tall fella so he went in to man-mark the big man.

Abruzzese replaced Cariello at left-back with instructions to man-mark the opposing winger. Cariello's strengths lie in overlapping, and I didn't want to let PSV have space behind to supply crosses into the middle. This is something I really should have done in the 1st leg.

Probably the key personnel change was Michele Fini, who at 36 doesn't start very often, but he came in and had the game of his life, scoring two and assisting the 'equaliser'.

Above and beyond the individual changes, I pushed everyone a little further forward (particularly Virga on the right) and held a higher defensive line. PSV also seemed to get a bit complacent and fielded a slightly weaker team (not starting Beasley was a big help), assuming the job was done I guess.

I didn't really go into the game expecting to turn it around, it wasn't until Brighi notched the third that I thought it might happen... and as for Dos Santos, he just seems to have this wonderful knack of performing under pressure.

LFP.jpg

RC Lens prepares for 2007/2008 season.

After finishing in 4ht place in the French League, RC Lens is know aiming for higher stakes, and looking at their chances in the UEFA Championship Cup.

The french squad just finished their first season in "Le Championnat", and amazed everyone ending in a 4th place, gaining access to the group phase of the UEFA Cup. Even more surprising, they managed to win the League 1 Cup over the favorites Paris Saint-Germain, who gained their pass to the finals beating Lyon.

"We are al very happy about the season results, at the start of the year we couldn't imagine this kind of success. This is a exceptional group and I hope that together we can reach the top of the League this year." said coach Shando.

Lens started the 2007 season with a friendly match against the current Champions of Europe, Barcelona.
In a tight match the spanish team managed to snatch a 1-0 lead at the 9' minute with a quick run by Ronaldinho who finished the play with a low strike at the goalie's right.

1.gif

Even though we lost it was a great match. We had our chances, including a Penalty Kick that was blocked by Victor Valdés. said star midfielder Dindane.

Lens' UEFA Cup group is Group D. The teams in their group are Osasuna from Spain, Fiorentina and Roma from Italy, and of course RC Lens from France. "It should be an interesting group because all four teams are very strong and hold equal chances of qualyfiying to the next round" -shando.

4.gif

Last edited:

lens.gif

RC Lens 2007/2008 Roster

Goalkeepers

1 - Barbosa
argentina.gif

16 - Brocard
france.gif

25 - James
england.gif

Defenders

2 - Boka
cote_divoire.gif

4 - Coulibaly
mali.gif

5 - Vargas
chile.gif

11 - Cicinho
brazil.gif

12 - Lauren
cameroon.gif

19 - Balzaretti
italy.gif

22 - Arbeloa
spain.gif

23 - Alou Diarra
france.gif

32 - Assou Ekoto
cameroon.gif

Midfielders

3 - Mark González
chile.gif

6 - Brienza
italy.gif

8 - Ponzio
argentina.gif

13 - Lacourt
france.gif

14 - Hleb
belarus.gif

15 - Jimenez
chile.gif

17 - A.J. Balboa
spain.gif

20 - Ben Arfa
france.gif

21 - Tiago
portugal.gif

24 - Richardson
england.gif

27 - Dindane
cote_divoire.gif

Forwards

7 - Nilmar
brazil.gif

9 - Cousin
gabon.gif

10 - Kurányi
germany.gif

18 - Thomert
france.gif

26 - Lisandro López
argentina.gif

Any opinions, suggestions, support about the news and/or the team would be nice.. :)
PS: sorry for my english.. it's reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaally rusty.

Last edited:

Wow, been a while since I posted! I have been really busy starting a new job so haven't had a lot of time recently for PES, but here's an update as Getafe have reached the mid-season break.

@ nerf: what an unbelievable comeback! Very well played, good luck in the next round.

@ shando: nice opening post, good luck with the UEFA Cup. Nice to see someone else with faith in David James :)

Mid-Season Round Up

Fixtures & Results

Wk Cmp Opp V Score Scorers

1 D2 Panathinaikos FC H 1-0 Pernía (pen)
2 D2 SS Lazio A 0-0
3 D2 Villareal CF A 1-0 Craioveanu
4 D2 RC Deportivo La Coruna H 0-0
5 D2C Fenerbahce SK H 2-0 Coelho, Vivar Dorado
6 D2 Fenerbahce SK A 0-0
7 D2 Sporting CP A 0-0
8 D2C Fenerbahce SK A 0-2
[Getafe win 3-2 on penalties]
9 D2 Parma FC H 1-0 Cubillo

Top Average Ratings: Pernia 6.5, Cubillo 6.4
Top Goalscorer: 5 on 1 goal

League Table

Pts GD
1. Panathinaikos 15 +4
2. Parma 15 +3
----------------------------
3. GETAFE 13 +3
4. Villareal 12 +2
5. Deportivo 10 0
6. Lazio 7 -1
7. Fenerbahce 5 -5
8. Sporting 2 -6

Transfer Activity

With the transfer window now open, Getafe have been active in all transfer departments. Firstly they have released third and fourth choice keepers Rebollo and Sito who have failed to establish themselves in the squad. Coach Leigh Butler said, "No team at this level has need of four first-string goalkeepers, so we had to respect that Rebollo and Sito would want to be playing and allow them to look for other clubs." Striker Pachón has also been transfer listed.

On the other side of the market, Getafe have signed a young striker from nearby club CD Leganés - the same team that produced current Getafe midfielder Vivar Dorado. Butler said, "From what we have seen of him he's very composed in front of goal and has a good engine. We feel he can go a long way with this club, but it's up to him to put in the hard work."

lechampionnat2007_metzcaen.gif

anderlwin.jpg

Metz 1 (Djiba 70') | Caen 0

A scrappy game was decided by a rare Dino Djiba strike after some good work by Contout, to give Metz a massively important victory.

With Svensson still tight lipped over his decision on his love life, and Molinari still pressing for an answer, only the club's second league win all season came at just the right time.

Caen, whose defeat ensured promotion for both Anderlecht and Rennes, tried manfully to grab an equaliser but Wimbee kept them at bay with two fine stops. With the Belgians on 25 points and the Bretons on 24, both sides can now celebrate their ascension into Ligue 1.

1129407742.jpg

Saturday see's the final round of games, and an intriguing contest between Anderlecht and Metz, in a cup final dress rehearsal where there are sure to be a number of first teamers absent.

Guys I know this has been discussed a million times so bare with me. I have started ANOTHER master league campaign on 5* instead of 6*.

Anyone notice that the game is slightly slower pace - much more realistic. Also with 6* I found it difficult signing players even when my team were having a good run (top 3 in league and cup winners).

Anyone else play on 5* instead of 6*?

Last edited by a moderator:

Me too, it's the same you noticed, 5* has a slower pace and I like that.

An update on my Sochaux ML...
My last posting was a rather triumphalistic posting after bating Metz
...i should have known...i had to stop that ML...there was "a bug" in it.
I had created Lorient and while playing that team if i came across a cut-scène i had a black screen and could not continue. After trying 4 times i had to start a new ML without Lorient.

Sochaux is currently third in division Two, 2 points behind Strasbourg and 3 points behind Bastia...

Damn that's a shame Stan. A set-back but glad to see you back at it already.

Oh that's bad news Stan.. it sucks to start all over again when you don't want to..

No problem....

Yesterday i playede Valenciennes: 1-1 (away match).
First a goal by Dagano and then in the second hamf a Valenciennes equaliser by Savinaud.
Sochaux were thebest team in the first half and should have scored more than one goal, but in the second they were totally dominated by Valenciennes.

Currently fourth...

Sochaux back on track at mid-season:

With an (absolutely necessary) away win against second placed Strasbourg, Sochaux seems back on track for promotion to Division 1.

It all started wrong for the Monbelliard team, when Abdessaki scored an early Strasbourg goal after 9 minutes. Sochaux should have taken the lead but the Strasbourg keeper by then had already performed three miraculous saves.
Sochaux was never discouraged by that Strasbourg and continued to play good attacking football. In the 35 minute Dagano equalised with a splendid header after an even better cross from Isabey.

At half-time, Sochaux should have taken the lead. They had 67% of ball possession and 12 shots on goal against one single (goal) shot for Strasbourg.

This performance should have encouraged Sochaux, but it was Strasbourg that started as the best team in the second half. They were neveras dominating as Sochaux in the first half, but nevertheless they were the best team. In the last 10 minutes of the match Sochaux once again was the better team but they did not succeed to score until in injury time Ilan was fouled just outside the box and Isabey scored a perfect free kick in what was effectively Sochaux' last chance to win...a very satisfying end.

Starsbourg - Sochaux 1-2
9' Abedessaki
35' Dagano
93' Isabey

MOTM: Isabey (7,5)

Halfway through the competition Sochaux are third with equal points with second Metz and two points behind leaders Bastia. Strasbourg is fourth one point behind Metz and Sochaux.

Good hussle by your players to not give up till dying minutes and working hard to get that win Stan! :thumbup:

As for Isabey playing like he does and putting in good crosses and scoring FK's and things like that, well I guess I do deserve some credit in that! :p (Just compare his stats from your game with the default PES5 and also your energetic midfield engine, Romain Pitau or any other player in your team you want now and you'll see why default database is a joke and simply unplayable for me and the rest of guys on the thread. ;)
Way too many mistakes that Konami and their sad staff never notice cuz they simply don't care and don't have the knowledge about individual players one by one to make them reflect real life ability and behaviour on the pitch)

Gotta head out now man.. hope you enjoyin this though despite the minor setback with the restart :/

Take care

I'm really enjoying this PLF and yes i have to thank you for it...and this even twice because i copied your option file to my PSP and i am playing (and enjoying) a premiership with Spurs...

As for Sochaux, it will be an extremy difficult task...i can't buy any players (started with 5000 PES) since i have financial problems...but i love it.

nerf said:
uefa.gif

February 2011
UEFA Cup 1st Round 2nd Leg...

celebgrass.jpg

Six-Gun Ascoli's Historic Comeback

>> Click HERE to watch HIGHLIGHTS <<

The UEFA Cup witnessed one of its most dramatic comebacks ever last night, as Serie A outfit Ascoli defied belief in overcoming a five-goal defecit to dump PSV Eindhoven out of the competition. Trailing 5-0 from the first leg in Holland, the Italian side returned the favour and added a controversial sixth in extra time to achieve the impossible.

Two key turning points transformed this apparently routine second leg into a night of intense drama. In injury time at the end of the first half, with Ascoli leading 2-0, inexperienced PSV goalkeeper Nathan Coe fumbled a ball that he should have comfortably held and Matteo Brighi gleefully lashed the rebound into the exposed net, and Ascoli were suddenly gifted a 3-0 platform at half-time with the home crowd going mad and starting to believe.

Francileudo dos Santos crucially stoked the flames further with a slightly fortuitous fourth goal early in the second half, and with everything going Ascoli's way, the comeback was most definitely on. Ronald Koeman was forced into tactical changes to try and reinforce his crumbling team, and Vennegoor of Hesselink was substituted wondering if his herculean efforts in the first leg would be enough after all - he had enjoyed nothing like that kind of service in the second leg.

koeman.jpg
Not one of Ron's better nights...

It was left to man-of-the-match Matteo Brighi to complete what was looking increasingly inevitable, Ascoli's influential midfield general exchanging passes with Fini before rifling the fifth goal in off a post with four minutes to go, and the front-row natives almost spilled over the barriers in euphoria.

Premature? Extra time beckoned and PSV finally awakened, so late in the day, when tricky DaMarcus Beasley was introduced on the left wing, the man who had done so much damage in the first leg. Indeed, Jefferson Farfan then crashed a free-kick off the top of the crossbar in extra-time and Ascoli's momentum seemed to falter.

To PSV's great anguish, however, the tie would be decided by the official. With penalties already fast approaching, Graham Poll decided he didn't want to wait... Ascoli sub Adolfo Speranza wriggled into the area and went down under the attentions of Stefano Seedorf, with minimal contact visible, and the English referee pointed generously to the spot. Dos Santos, a man who thrives in such high-pressure situations, calmly stroked the spot-kick home to become the late hero and make history.

psvscore.jpg

psvmotm.jpg

UEFA Cup Quarter-Final draw:
AS Monaco v Real Madrid
Ascoli Calcio v Bayer Leverkusen
Sparta Prague v Aston Villa
Udinese v Bayern Munich
Brilliant comeback nerf! :D

How many games do you play a day BTW? You seem to advance through seasons fast.

Stringer Bell said:
Brilliant comeback nerf! :D

How many games do you play a day BTW? You seem to advance through seasons fast.
Thanks SB. It varies. Some days I might get through six matches in a session, then sometimes I'll go days without playing at all. It's usually about four matches per sitting, I would guess. It's not often that I'll just stick to one match.

lastleaguegame.gif

anderwintitle.jpg

Anderlecht 3 (Frutos 44, Mitu 66, 67) | Metz 1 (Contout 83)

Anderlecht demonstrated their superiority with a comfortable 3-1 win against Metz, to clinch the Ligue 2 title, as Rennes could only draw 2-2 at Le Mans.

The result leaves the Lorraine based side plenty of questions and not too many answers as they the sides meet next week in the end of season showpiece.

The Swede still hanging to his job by a thread, fielded a weakened side in order to rest some key players and also to give the opportunity for various squad players to force their way into a cup final starting place.

Goals in a 20 minute spell either side of half time gave the Belgians a commanding lead, before Roy Contout grabbed a late consolation. Will it be enough to see him partner either Tum or Gueye upfront ?

That is one of many questions sure to be answered over the weekend when what looks certain to be Svensson's last Metz lineup is announced.

FINAL LIGUE 2 TABLE.... LINK

Last edited:

You wrote Metz 3 v Metz 1 DB instead of Anderlecht 3 ;)

Back
Top Bottom