PES5 ML Thread (see new PES6 thread)

Re: The All New PES5 Master League Thread.

PLF, i did not found Zairi, but i'm not sure i would have bought him.
It seems rather unrealistic to buy a player which has just left the club.
So i took two players who are rather unknown (at least to me).

Do you know those two???

Gmamdia yeah but the young Turk.. no idea.

p.s. The reason I suggest Jaoud Zairi was because I'm still not sure if he was sold to middle eastern club or loaned out for half of season but I think it could be permanent. Too bad for him cuz he was yet another talented player :( but one I doubt will ever reach potential like Hakan Yakin whom I mentioned on thread? did you read that post by the way? If not check it out. I think you'll be interested. (might be couple pages back now though)

Thanks Stringer and PLF.
PLF used to be one of my favourite players in PES3 or PES4. I had him in a ML with PARMA where i won the treble (the only time i ever did).

Hello peeps. All enjoying the world cup i trust?

The other day in my ML, i scored a great looking goal with my striker Contout. When i looked back at it in the replay, i discovered it was pretty much the same goal as Owen's against Argentina in France '98 :D Everything seemed very similar - my striker breaking, the last defender, the keeper placement, the angle and the great finish. I saved it, so i might upload it at some point.

Nice to see you back Prof.
Limassol is doing terrific i see.
Second in division Two (final standings???).
Congrats...

Hello gerd. Yeah, sorry, i haven't really updated since i won promotion :oops:
That was my final standing in Div 2. I think i mentioned it on my News page. I'm currently battling it out in Div 1.

uefa.gif

March 2011
UEFA Cup Quarter Final 1st Leg...

1570.gif
Ascoli Calcio 3 - 0 Bayer Leverkusen
164.gif

Virga 10' 70' 87'

Click HERE to watch HIGHLIGHTS

--

uefa.gif

March 2011
UEFA Cup Quarter Final 2nd Leg...

bayer.jpg

Ascoli accomplished, Leverkusen limp

164.gif
Bayer Leverkusen 0 - 3 Ascoli Calcio
1570.gif

Bellion 28'
Virga 72' 75'
(Ascoli win 6-0 on aggregate)

Ascoli were able to rest Matteo Brighi and other first-team players and still dominate the remainder of this tie against a woefully out-of-form Leverkusen. The visitors employed a defensive, possession-based gameplan and relied on the pace of David Bellion and Valerio Virga to launch counter-attacks, an approach that worked well as the pair combined for all three goals and Virga rocketed to the top of the competition's scoring charts with five in two matches.

Claudio Costanzo put in a composed, imperious display in the holding role for the Italians, appearing in the right place any time the hosts threatened - which, for the frustrated BayArena crowd, was all too rare. Voronin struck the woodwork for the home side but it was a fleeting moment of danger in what had transpired to be a one-sided quarter final.

UEFA Cup Semi Final Draw:
Real Madrid v Udinese
Ascoli v Sparta Prague

hehe... i always played ml but is the first time i'll post here... i will start a new ML with PSG or a french team.

Thanks SB. Onto the semis...

---

uefa.gif

April 2011
UEFA Cup Semi Final 1st Leg...

1570.gif
Ascoli Calcio 1 - 1 Sparta Prague
spartabadge.gif

Bjelanovic 24'
Podolski 44'

Two first-half headers, one from Sasa Bjelanovic for the hosts and an equaliser by Sparta's German striker Lukas Podolski, gives the Czech team a satisfactory draw and an away goal to take into the return leg. Sparta will be the happiest following their resilient display, and indeed Podolski could have nicked it with a chance deep into injury time after his side had withstood long periods of Italian pressure, but Carlo Zotti denied his well struck effort with what could prove to be an important save.

--

uefa.gif

April 2011
UEFA Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg...

seminwin.jpg

Extra-time Effort Eliminates Czechs

spartabadge.gif
Sparta Prague 1 - 2 Ascoli Calcio
1570.gif

Brighi 57'
Podolski 88'
Biso 103' ET

Ascoli win 3-2 on aggregate AET

Ascoli edged into their first ever European final on a tense night in the city of a hundred spires. Matteo Brighi thought he had won it for the Italians with his dipping second-half free-kick, only for Lukas Podolski to equalise two minutes from time with one of the goals of the season, a stunning acrobatic volley that crashed in off Zotti's crossbar to take the tie into extra-time.

Click HERE to watch HIGHLIGHTS

Ascoli didn't panic, they re-grouped, and un-sung veteran midfielder Mattia Biso became the hero as he squeezed a weary winner past Sparta 'keeper Hans-Jörg Butt, who may feel he should have done better at his near post. In a way it was fitting that Biso made the crucial play, epitomising as he does the understated work ethic and spirit of this upstart Italian outfit, who must now bring their contrasting style to meet the glory and splendour of the famed Real Madrid in next month's final.

Hey Nerf, those videos are awesome! And your narrative skills are top notch. I've been playing ML for months and it wasnt until the 3rd camera from the first goal that I realized this was taken from the game... man, this game is so great.

Specially since you video taped it frmo your monitor and the quality of the video is somewhat low, it makes it look even more realistic, very cool stuff.

Congratulations man, keep up the great work!

Nerf, I watched another video and dude... awesome takes. How do you do it? Do you actually have the digital camera ready on the desk and whenever a goal happens you record the whole thing and then edit all the small videos in premier and mix up a larger video?

BTW, the video highlights of sparta praga and ascoli calcio are excellent... the free kick, that full volley goal by podolski, and Biso's goal at the end of the match were of the highest quality. Nice touch adding the goal celebration to the video.

Wow.. nearly a month went by without a post in this thread. :shock:
I hope this ain't a sign of things to come. :p

No problem PLF, i'm playing my second season with Sochaux and i'm rigth in the midlle of a relegation battle at the beginning of the season.
I haven't been able to wn a single match although i've only lost one match.
1-1 seems to be the result i have usually.
Currently i'm 13th after 8 matches.
Hardest Ml i've ever played but i'm enjoying every single minute of it...

Stuck in a relegation battle thus far huh? I imagine it's been a pretty rough season then so far but that brings me to a good question.

In these hard times, whose performances if anybody have stood out from others a bit more perhaps? Maybe a hard-working player like Pitau? Or has Teddy Richert pulled out some great saves? Or a youngster like Ghenghini that nobody really expected much from.. maybe.. ?

Fill me in. I'm intersted to know. ;)

PLF said:
Wow.. nearly a month went by without a post in this thread. :shock:
I hope this ain't a sign of things to come. :p

I think I'm going to start up a Master League soon as well8) Cool avatar btw

Well i just created a litle bit of breathing space for Sochaux with three rather good results.
My first victory against Lens (2-1, two goals by Menez).
0-0 at Lyon where Sochaux were the better team. (Lyon are having a dreadfull season, they are currently 14th)
1-1 in Nice with an equaliser in injury time by Meghni that was highly deserved (Nice had 2 shots on goal and Sochaux 17).

Sochaux are currently 10th in Ligue 1 that is full of surprises...Toulouse are the leaders for the moment before PSG.
Besides Lyon, Rennes is also relegation fodder for the moment.

PLF, you were asking for some good players. I can't really complain about the whole team but they have trouble scoring goals and keeping the nil...Two rather essential things in football.

@triplea007: Thanks very much :). I usually just record the highlight reel provided at full-time, though sometimes if I'm quick enough on the draw I might grab a celebration or two during the game. It is just a case of pointing my camera at my tv screen, I don't have any other method of capturing it. I then use a combination of Virtuadub and old Windows Movie Maker. Glad you like them :)

@PLF: I hope not too. My excuse is that I broke my wrist playing football on astro-turf, fractured it in two places :(. That stopped my Pro-Evo-playing pretty quick... I had the cast on for six weeks and just had it removed at the end of last week, so that's why I haven't been posting. PES was too difficult with one hand!

PES was too difficult with one hand!

Well then, start practising with your toes:p We're desperate for Ascoli stories:ram::p On a more serious note, don't start playing too early or you'll easily break it again, I've got experience with it.

Damn.. sorry to hear about that incident Nerf. I'm glad you're in a better situation now though and hope you continue making recovery.

WOW!

Stringer Bell (LaAm?), Prof Nutmeg, PLF, gerd...

I remember all you storytellers from over a year ago.

Cheers to the Master League threads

-formerly known as MrSix

just was on another website's master league thread and I was seeing the typical Henry + Shevy....Ronaldinho....Adriano....etc squads...ick...no creativity....

Good to see the REAL master league players are still up

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

L'EQUIPE
Jeudi 20 Juillet 2006

AS Nancy sign Football Freak
Nancy- AS Nancy have found a new manager. Chairman Pascal Rivière
confirmed that Football Freak signed a 4 year contract at 'the pride of the Lorraine'.
'We think Football Freak can add something to our squad, and we hope we will promote to Ligue 1.
A hard task, because AS Nancy is joined by 7 clubs who have the same target,
but Football Freak said he looks forward to the challange. 'It'll be hard, that's for sure, but with this talented squad everything is possible.'
Football Freak will start immediately with his new job. For more info about the upcoming Ligue 2 season, read our overview below.

The AS Nancy Lorraine Squad

Goalkeepers

1. Bracigliano
16. Sorin

Defenders

3. Diakhaté
4. Lécluse
5. André Luiz
19. Sarpina
20. Chrétien
25. Adailton
28. Puygrenier
31. Da Costa

Midfielders

6. Bérenguer
7. Duchemin
8. Biancalini
15. Khouma Keita
18. Sarkissián
23. Brison
24. Gavanon
26. N'Guemo

Attackers

9. Kim
11. Zerka
12. Bakari
17. Curbelo
21. Rudolf
22. Kroupi

The Ligue 2

1. AC Ajaccio
2. AS Nancy
3. FC Metz
4. Heracles Almelo
5. RBC Roosendaal
6. RC Strasbourg
7. Sparta Rotterdam
8. Willem II

The Cup Drawings

AC Ajaccio - FC Metz
AS Nancy - RC Strasbourg
Willem II - Heracles Almelo
RBC Roosendaal - Sparta

The matches will be played on 6*, 15 minutes per game.

Kyouraku said:
WOW!

Stringer Bell (LaAm?), Prof Nutmeg, PLF, gerd...

I remember all you storytellers from over a year ago.

Cheers to the Master League threads

-formerly known as MrSix

just was on another website's master league thread and I was seeing the typical Henry + Shevy....Ronaldinho....Adriano....etc squads...ick...no creativity....

Good to see the REAL master league players are still up

:)
Glad to see you back MrSix! :)

Are you still playing PES5 at the moment?

BTW is Kyouraku a Japanese name or something?

-

Nice one Football Freak, hope to hear some reports on your ML in the future.

Finally you're ready to start your Ligue 1 adventure FF. 8)

Keep us updated and remember not to do unrealistic transfers when it comes to 'transfer windows' and consult me first if you're unsure about a signing and whether it's be realistic or not, I'd be glad to help if I find the time.

Take care and looking forward to hearing more about the hardworking and determined AS Nancy side you have taken control of. :)

Yeah I've been looking around the web for Ligue 1 stuff, I found adboards and a rhino-made Stade Marcel Picot, so it'll add to the Ligue 1 feeling8)

Stringer Bell said:
Glad to see you back MrSix! :)

Are you still playing PES5 at the moment?

BTW is Kyouraku a Japanese name or something?

Yeah, due to how busy this year has been I actually just bought Winning Eleven 9 after World Cup and started a Master League for the first time last night after getting Watson's option file and changing as many players using PLF's great database as I could.

Id only been playing PES4 with friends using nations for months building up to and during World Cup.
This happens every four years, for several months we put everything on hold and its all about the World Cup.

Im getting crushed in MLbecause I am used to the older version so its going to be a long road to the top :)
Im using Arsenal (my first Master League is always with the gooners ya know) but Im using youth. Its based around Walcott, Fabregas and Senderos of course.

Ill probably end up deleting it and starting a new Master League minnow style if I can read more of plf database thread and catch up on details so I can change enough stats before being away from my computer, but Watson's option file has been spot on, just needed to adjust a few players like Fabregas who seemed to have just been changed in the database.
Really liked PlF's Fabregas actually, really is playing like i see him on the field.
Also love that Watson's file has Rapid Wien, which is one of best friend's teams since he was like 5 in Vienna so I may find myself the manager of Rapid Wien.

Ill be visiting family and friends in different cities this summer and Im bringing my P2 so I can play Master League on free time...but Ill try to come back.
Reading this thread is bringing back fun memories

...and yeah Kyouraku is japanese,
when the Maxxed forums drastically slowed their capping :( (which I depended on for most of matches- I had to pay $20 a match to get my Arsenal matches PPV) I increased my intake of japanese ish

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow. Great stories from ALL of you!

Back
Top Bottom