PES5 ML Thread (see new PES6 thread)

Re: The All New PES5 Master League Thread.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Quick question for anyone who might be playing WE10. Is the player stamina as bad as PES5 or did they address it? I'm hoping it won't be as ridiculous in PES6. Thanks.

Nope still bad, maybe tweaked a little but still only getting three to four games from players, unless they have really high stats.
Also the players score at the end is still too mathematical, can score a hatrick and assist for a goal and get a 6?? Needs sorting or removing as it gets so annoying after a couple of games I just skip it, like so much of their stat stuff they pick the wrong things and do it wrong!! can find out where my guy ran how many touches he had, who he passed to but not how many games he played in the league?? Come on Konami get some European input........:roll:

Since this thread is clinically dead and since this is my favourite thread on this forum i have a question that might bring it to live a tiny litle bit.

In two months time PES6 will be in the shops, i guess all the regulars in here will buy and will continue to play Master League.

Do you people have any idea with which team you will play a ML.

I think i will start with an Italian Master League and the club i prefer is Atalanta.

Other clubs i would like to try:
Lille (in the last weeks before PES5 i played a very good ML with LOSC in PES4 and it still feels unachieved)
Zaragoza (D'Allessandro and Aimar!!!)
Wigan (the team i wanted to play with in PES5, but someone in here wasz quicker than me).

Better get in there quick Gerd and choose a team ;)

No idea as yet, perhaps a new licensed team? It may depend on how hard PES6 will be. I actually found PES5 more of a challenge to PES4. So much so, that i still haven't won a ML Div 1 title. But then i do pick the smaller sides.

Well Prof i managed to win a Serie A title with US PALERMO, but since the world cup i know that is not a small team: they had Grosso, Barzagli, Zaccardo and Barone in the quadra Azzuri, add to that Makinwa and you have a pretty good team...

Might go German, the Bundesliga deserves some attention IMO. Otherwise I'll go English, Sheffield looks nice to me.

As I've done an Italian ML in each of the last three versions, I think it's about time I moved away. Possibly a return to Spain, possibly Germany.

I'm also shifting platforms. I've been an Xbox user but I'm thinking about going PC for PES6.

As Trond Sollied's successor Prof....

A litle update on my Sochaux ML.

Things are very well for Sochaux after a slow start.
With 75% of the championship played Sochaux are in abattle for th sixth places with a couple of other teams like St-Etienne, Rennes and others.
best player of the team is one of the transfers: young Turkish player Mehmet Sedef (only 19 and outstanding).

Sochaux: CL football after a surprising debut season!!!!

After a very hard start of the season, Sochaux Monbelliard has adapted better and better to Ligue1. They played a fantastic second round, winning against every single title contender. Subsequently they ended sixth and can hope to play CL football if they pass the qualification group.

Final Ranking:

1. Olympique Lyonnais (only took the lead o, the penultimate day)
2. AS Monaco
3. Nantes
4. PSG
5. Toulouse
6. Sochaux
7. Lens
8 OGC Nice
9 Rennes
10 Le Mans
11 Saint-Etienne
12 Bordeaux
13 Marseille
14 Bastia
15 Lille OSC
16 Nancy

Overall best player: Chevanton
Top Scorer: Pauleta
Top assister: Emana

The Sochaux squad:

Richert: apart from one howler a very reliable goal keeper.

CB's:
Diawara: the unsung heroe of the season. Rock at the back, played a fantastic season. 7

NDAW: used more and more as the first choice CB to partner Diawara. Can also play as DMF. Usefull player. 6

Joao Minanda: a substitute player if Diawara or N'Daw were injured. Did the job but nothing more. 5,5

Pape Sow: not good enough for League 1. 4

FB's:

Calvé: very attacking but defensively he has his weaknesses. 5,5

Tosic: a better defender than Calvé but not good enough to be a regular first team player in ideal circumstances. 5,5

Buhler: sensation of the season. Rarely played in Ligue 2 but adapted very well at higher level. Best full back. 6,5

DMF:

Lonfat: played a hell of a season with goals, assists and a remarkable team spirit. 7

Pitau: rarely played, but when he played he delivered. Good passer. 6

CMF:

Mehmet Sedef: most valuable player of the season. The young Turk (19 years old) can play CMF, AMF, DMF and SMF and always proves to be more than usefull. Scorde 6 goals too.8

Mezague: the engine of the team who attacks and defends like the best. Has his weaknesses before goal. 7

Meghni: very usefull back-up player or super sub. Has been decisive in a couple of close games. Misses the killer instinct before goal.6,5

SMF's:

Isabey: he's getting older and less influential. Last season's top assister of the club provided only assist this season. 5,5

Brunel: played one fantastic match but never confirmed that performance. 4,5

Genghini: played some good matches but was usually not good enough. 4

AMF:

Menez: had a weak first round but played a fantastic secound roubnd as AMF or second striker. Scored 8 goals. Huge talent. 7,5

FW's:

Ilhan: scored the goal that brought European football but was never more than a fringe player. Will be disappointed with his season. 4,5

Dagano: not the most stylish player but an attacker who never gives up and scored 8 goals. 7

Gmamdia: bad transfer. Scored only once and soon became an anonymous member of the squad. 2,5

C. Y. Park: immensely talented striker who could become a star player if can play at his top level more constantly. 7

gerd said:
Since this thread is clinically dead and since this is my favourite thread on this forum i have a question that might bring it to live a tiny litle bit.

In two months time PES6 will be in the shops, i guess all the regulars in here will buy and will continue to play Master League.

Do you people have any idea with which team you will play a ML.

I think i will start with an Italian Master League and the club i prefer is Atalanta.

Other clubs i would like to try:
Lille (in the last weeks before PES5 i played a very good ML with LOSC in PES4 and it still feels unachieved)
Zaragoza (D'Allessandro and Aimar!!!)
Wigan (the team i wanted to play with in PES5, but someone in here wasz quicker than me).

I'm thinking about a return to England with my local team, Watford. At the moment I've started a ML with FC Kopenhagen. I just had to when Fretz released the stadium for them!

I still haven't gone to Germany, Holland or France as of yet! So I will be on the lookout for potential clubs there.

Peter Eyres said:
I'm thinking about a return to England with my local team, Watford. At the moment I've started a ML with FC Kopenhagen. I just had to when Fretz released the stadium for them!

I still haven't gone to Germany, Holland or France as of yet! So I will be on the lookout for potential clubs there.

Leave Heerenveen free for me lol

.......NOTICIAS......

Daniel Sánchez Llibre has sensationally stepped down as the President of RCD Espanyol, in what appears to be the first signs of a takeover bid, from an as yet unnamed party.

sanchezllibre080206_ES.jpg

The board of directors is also thought to be on the verge of resigning en mass, with further bloodletting sure to follow in a day of high drama in Spain's second city.....

tn_1139913915.JPG

9_archivo55_photo_10_1_1_20060413_YES09F1.tif.jpg
- El Presidente in happier times

Last edited:

I consider this relevant to ML, so i thought i'd ask in here too. Has anyone published a list of the club teams in the "Other" section of PES6 yet? I've seen a list of the new licensed clubs, but not of the other clubs. Is it still Djurgardens, Copenhagen etc any new ones, is CSKA Moscow in there? Ta

Football Freak said:
Leave Heerenveen free for me lol

Lool, funny you've said that. I went through the Eredivise the other day writing down a note of potential teams from each league, and I picked Herenveen! I may reconsider.

I guess the bundesliga is out of the equation in PES6, considering Konami, in all their wisdom, has decided to drop it:(

Hi Peter,

I must admit originally I quite fancied a stint at Frankfurt but as you point out, with the situation as it is (surely all the clubs will be there won't they ?!?) it's a non starter.

How about someone like Gronigen ? new stadium and the potential to upset the big 4

db

I think it would be a disaster if the Bundesliga was omitted from PES6. No Germans in the European competitions? However, I personally think it will be there come the final release. Otherwise Nokami would have to add a division's worth of new "other" teams.

Looking forward to a new ML O:) Rumours are i'm going to be working with some familiar faces, staff-wise ;)

Last edited:

Peter Eyres said:
Lool, funny you've said that. I went through the Eredivise the other day writing down a note of potential teams from each league, and I picked Herenveen! I may reconsider.

I guess the bundesliga is out of the equation in PES6, considering Konami, in all their wisdom, has decided to drop it:(

Well I want Heerenveen not only because they are my favourite club but I know alot about them so I can write nice reports about them:)

@denirobob: Groningen has a very small squad so it's a good challenge to pick them.

Also, I can't wait for a new ML thread to come with PES 6\\:o/

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Nutmeg said:
However, I personally think it will be there come the final release. Otherwise Nokami would have to add a division's worth of new "other" teams.
That's what I think too.

I'm still unsure where I'll be starting. Somewhere in sunny Spain, perhaps.

Re: The PES5 Master League Thread (Another Fine Season)

Whoaa...everybody is here again.
I'm pretty confident the Bundesliga will be in PES6.

I'm still playing with Sochaux.
In my third season i've taken a flying start:

Sochaux - Nantes 5-1 (4 goals by CY Park)
Sochaux - Inter Milan 1-0 (1 goal by Park) (CL qualifier)
Rennes - Sochaux 0-2 (1 goal by Park).

My first eleven:

GK: Richert
RB: Mathieu
CB: N'Daw
CB: Diawara
LB: Buhler
RMF: Quaresma
DMF: Benoit Cheyrou (Lonfat)
CMF: Mehmet Sedef (Mezague)
AMF: Menez
FW: C Y Park
FW: Ilhan (Dagano)

Football Freak said:
Well I want Heerenveen not only because they are my favourite club but I know alot about them so I can write nice reports about them:)

@denirobob: Groningen has a very small squad so it's a good challenge to pick them.

Also, I can't wait for a new ML thread to come with PES 6\\:o/

Hopefully, the ML gets some much needed improvements, but from what I've heard, they haven't touched it much. Which has really angered me.

I will give Gronigen a test match to see whats at my disposal. Thanks for thes suggestions guys.

Lets cross our fingers for Bundesliga inclusion. Its a fab league, great stadiums, fans etc

Last edited:
Re: The PES5 Master League Thread (Another Fine Season)

I also would recommend Groningen Peter.
About Bundesliga, maybe it's a licensing issue.
Remember when Dutch players no longer were Kloovert, Cotu, Deivids but Oranges 24 etc...might be something similar.

Back
Top Bottom