PES5 ML Thread (see new PES6 thread)

Re: The PES5 Master League Thread (Another Fine Season)

BALAGUE HEADS TAKEOVER CONSORTIUM

news1.jpg

FOR MORE INFORMATION

Hello mate

Yes that's right - El Hedgehog has tired of the ups and downs (well mainly downs) and has decided to put his money where his beard encrusted mouth is!

No news yet on a new man in charge, but most experts doubt Ernesto Valverde will still be there come the first game of the season.

db

Nice stuff as usual.

Code:
Lets cross our fingers for Bundesliga inclusion. Its a fab league, great stadiums, fans etc

Hope this as well, the atmosphere is great, in Germany football is a very important part of someone's life.

Football Freak said:
Hope this as well, the atmosphere is great, in Germany football is a very important part of someone's life.

almost as important as The Hoff!!

volz_15082003.jpg

"Being German, I love David Hasselhoff. It's actually the law back in the Motherland. For me the Hoff is almost like some kind of higher spirit. Hoff-ness is everywhere. The Hoff is a big inspiration - in times of trouble I often ask myself "how would the Hoff deal with this situation...?"

www.volzy.com

Ah, the Hoff. Have you seen how many reviews his albums get on Amazon uk? Some are in the 1000s :lol:

Well, i've been busy attempting to sort out which club i'll be at in the coming PES6 ML season. It's now down to only a handful of clubs competing to get my services, including a possible return to a former club.

Last edited:

The rifle left firing blanks ?

tamudo_luisgarcia070706_ES.jpg

Espanyol front men Luis Garcia and Raul Tamudo look sure to renew their partnership when the pre-season Iberian League fixtures are announced next week. However the future doesn't look so rosy for their fellow forward, Walter Pandiani.

22717.jpg
http://www.mediotiempo.com/images/noticias/22717.jpg

The Uruguayan has become somewhat of a journeyman after moving to Europe in 2000. Having plied his trade at Deportivo, Mallorca and Birmingham City before venturing to the Estadi Olimpic de Montjuïc, many experts now feel it could well be time for the South American to seek pastures new.

With youngsters Corominas and Soriano also waiting in the wings, it is thought Balague and his advisors are in favour of a more slim lined squad. If so, 4 strikers would probably be deemed sufficient, leaving the man from Montevideo out in the cold.

hmm Tristan has always been a good player to have on PES. He always seems to be hanging around the box and gets rebounds and tap ins. Even as a bench player. But I guess you need the money and need to deliver on promises made to the fans over youth development and freeing up funds.

Hi Peter,

I think Guillem has come in and feels he needs to shake things up a bit. Stamp his authority on the club so to speak.

De La Pena might be another one, who despite his obvious talent, will need to knuckle down under the new regime.

db

I think Db was talking about Pandiani, Peter, rather than Tristan ;)

De La Pena Db, i dunno, he could seriously pull the strings for your side behind the strikers for a few seasons yet. I wonder how good he'll be in PES6. He had some high stats in PES5. But i understand what Mr Balague is doing. Besides, there'll still be a lot of skill in Fredson, Zabaleta, Rufete and E. Costa (always liked this chap in the games).
I'm certainly contemplating having at least one red-stat player in my squad, particularly if PES6 turns out to be a challenge.

doh *slaps forehead*

I do remeber pandiani giving me problems in some matches against Birmigham.

I'm going off the Eredivisie purely for stadia reasons. Now that Stadium Server (I play on the PC!) has arrived and the stadiums are flooding in, it will take the ML to a new level, and its a shame Holland hasn't had as much attention from the editors. AZ's stadium is an awesome addition, but i think they are too good for me, i need a challenge.

So it might just be the bundesliga. I had a look at Alemina Beilifield today, but I will try and fill up my stadium server with German stadia and then have another look.

Energie Cottbus seems to be considered the ultimate outsiders in the Bundesliga. If you need a big challenge play with them...
But if you do so you get faced by what IMHO the weakest point of the ML. CPU teams should do more transfers. In my Sochaux team i had one absolute star after the first season: Menez. People like that should be bought by other clubs. In the present ML format, your squad gets stronger and stronger....clubs like Sochaux, Cottbus, Watford, Catania should "loose" their best players...

Yep, its a very dissapointing aspect of the ML? I don't think i've had any offers in my time in PES5!

I've picked Aachen. I like the kit, the pitch (always important) and the stadium. And an old favourite player from the PS1 version of PES1. Sliziard Nemeth! He always scores for me. I used to use him as a super sub in my Lazio team. I had Carew and Owen upfront, but whenever I needed something, I through him on and he did the business.

Been doing a bit of research on the club, and they seem like a team with history and character, with good support, even in league 2.

I've already played three matches, and I will start my writeup soonish.

I now have all the Bundesliga stadiums, so I'm ready to go.

Last edited:

Looking forward to it as Aachen is a nice club with great fans.

Stan said:
Energie Cottbus seems to be considered the ultimate outsiders in the Bundesliga. If you need a big challenge play with them...
But if you do so you get faced by what IMHO the weakest point of the ML. CPU teams should do more transfers. In my Sochaux team i had one absolute star after the first season: Menez. People like that should be bought by other clubs. In the present ML format, your squad gets stronger and stronger....clubs like Sochaux, Cottbus, Watford, Catania should "loose" their best players...

More to the point my friend, achieving success at an small outfit should see you get offered the job at a St Etienne, Monchengladbach, Newcastle or Chievo!

db

What's In A Name?

Master League tactician Professor Nutmeg today stated that he was "looking for a name in club football" to manage in the forthcoming Master League season.

The manager, who is generally regarded as a mastermind behind many of football's top flight minnows, appears set on taking a higher profile in club football management. How high exactly remains to be seen, as he's remaining tight-lipped on his potential future employers.

It's believed Nutmeg is currently in talks with several clubs around Europe. "I'm racking up quite a few air miles" he told BBC Sport.

Juventus???
AS Monaco???

Both clubs have a big name but aren't particularly on a high recntly, come to think of it, neither is HSV...

Stan said:
Juventus???
AS Monaco???

Both clubs have a big name but aren't particularly on a high recntly, come to think of it, neither is HSV...

You could go on, my friend ;)

denirobob said:
If your looking for a big name it can only be...

Borussia Monchengladbach :)

db

cue the drummer ;)

denirobob said:
If your looking for a big name it can only be...

Borussia Monchengladbach :)

db

That's a fun team to play with, big name indeed and three Belgian players with two of my favourites among them (Sonck and Thijs, although Konami never give middle shoot special ability to Thijs and don't acknowledge that Sonck is one ofthe best Free Kick takers in Europe if they aren't injured - like most Belgian players in big competitions).

hello mate,

i will indeed (for the first time ever!)

The club is stuck in a Man City style rut, always overshadowed by their bigger sibling.

They've won the Copa Del Rey 4 times, but the Liga has always been out of reach and I'm hoping to match the achievements of Sevilla, Betis & Deportivo.

db

:lmao:

Got your email a week ago by the way DB. I haven't had time to check out that site yet but I will soon. Thanks.

@Stan, Thijs is probably my fav player in Gladbach in real life after Promising German Int'l, Marcell Jansen.

The ginger Belgian is indeed a very under-rated player and one that many don't notice that much just because he doesn't do much flashy stuff. :rolleyes:

Yet his workrate and contribution to the team is absolutely critical and impressive both when defending and attacking. Got a good powerful shot on him as well of course. 8)

But anyways I'm getting off topic now.. this ain't the place for it.....

Glad you agree with me PLF...
I like your avatar, a man who deserves huge credit, one of the best coachedsin Europe...

I'm doing very well with Sochaux on my third season. The team is perhaps a litle bit too strong to be realistic, IRL Quaresma would never go to Sochaux, but he isn't that good. To be honest, the two other signings are better: Matrhieu and Benoit Cheyrou.

Back
Top Bottom