PES5 ML Thread (see new PES6 thread)

Re: The All New PES5 Master League Thread.

Bad luck, Db...a late equaliser...

My Sochaux ML is postponed for one of the most stupid reasons: we have lost the remote control of our television...my rascal of a son has been hiding it and when asked where it was he answered that "thieves have come to steal it..."

The editing is nearly finished, i hope to find the remote and then next weekend: allez les lionceaux!!!!

I think it's about time you showed that young lad of your's the back of your hand ;)

I once lost a remote control in a massive box of lego, which my dad had put back in the attic, worth a look maybe ?!?

He's only three years old and terribly cute...i'm afraid i spoil him a litle bit...

May 2010
Calcio Update...

bjelboot.jpg

Player of the Year stalls on contract

Sasa Bjelanovic collected Ascoli's Player of the Year award at last night's awards ceremony, posing for pictures along with the commemorative silver boot presented for also finishing top goalscorer at the club.

It has been a successful year for the big target-man, whose goals helped Ascoli to a fourth-placed finish and who will soon be boarding a plane to South Africa with the Croatian national team. Despite leading the line as a lone striker, Bjelanovic netted twelve times to finish as Ascoli's main goal source for the fourth consecutive season, further proof that he has developed into a very dangerous Serie A frontman.

The 30 year old's contract will expire shortly after the World Cup, which will surely alert other clubs seeking a bargain, but Sasa insists: "We have been in talks for a while now, I'm very close to re-signing with Ascoli. There is no rush and I want to focus on performing for my country at the World Cup. I expect it to be tied up after the tournament is over."

It has been rumoured that President Benigni was hoping to announce a sealed deal at the ceremony last night, but that the forward is holding out either for more money or to see what offers come his way if he has a positive impact on Croatia's World Cup. Ascoli are now expected to offer to make Bjelanovic the joint-highest paid player at the club, alongside Matteo Brighi, in order to hold on to their first-choice striker.

denirobob said:
I think it's about time you showed that young lad of your's the back of your hand ;)
:mrgreen:

In all seriousness though Gerd, DB has a point! He may be cute and to be honest what baby isn't.. but you need to show that kid discipline sooner rather than later.

@Nerf, been a while mate since we talked. Good to see you back ;)

I know I have started a ML campaign a few times on here but I option file got deleted and I lost all my saves etc. I got a new option file with latest transfers, kits etc and have started a new ML campaign:

I am playing as Inter in Division 2, default mode players (Ivanov, Minanda, Macco etc), 6*, ONLY 5000 points, 4 leagues - Serie A, Premiership, La Liga and 'Other European Teams' (a mixture of clubs like Celtic, Porto, Fenerbache, Bayern Munich etc).

My first season went ok - I finished 5th but traded a few players in and got rid of the poorer players. In my 2nd season I finished runner-up therefore getting promoted to Serie A. I have played 6 games so far - won 3, drawn 2 and lost 1.

inter_milan_badge_203_203x152.jpg
serieabadge.jpg

3-4-3 (starting eleven):

____________________ Ivanov ___________________

_________Stremer ____ Corallo _______ Libermann __

____________________ Yussef ___________________

________ Gabri _______ Elano ________ El Karoui ___

________ Macco ___________________ Ba _________

___________________ Castillo ____________________

I will post more results/news/stories as they happen. Nice to be a part of this thread, guys! Some of your stories make great reading! :applause:

Last edited by a moderator:

I just started a new ML with RC Lens.. soon I will post some news and pics =)

PLF said:
@Nerf, been a while mate since we talked. Good to see you back ;)
Thanks PLF, and yes it has been a while. I've just been on a nice holiday in Switzerland so now I've got some reading to do here and in your thread to catch up ;)

semion.gif

cupsemis.jpg

Metz 0 | Strasbourg 0 (1-0 on aggregate)

Les Grentas in ecstasy as Svennson gets a semi on

Metz secured a 0-0 draw with Alsace rivals Strasbourg to send themselves into the Ligue 2 Cup final amidst emotional scenes at the the Stade St Symphorien.

Led by the midfield powerhouse Dino Djiba, the home side almost added to their lead early on when Roy Contout agonisingly sent a low drive past the post. With nervousness settling in to one or two of his teammates, he not only prevented the opposition from gaining a foothold but also cajoled and motivated his colleagues.

Strasbourg, 1-0 down from the 1st leg just couldn't carve a way back into the game despite the urges from both their small section of fans and coach, however with a mere 9 minutes left, they so very nearly took the game into extra time.

Guemadia was left unmarked from a corner which wasn't properly cleared, and his powerful snapshot looked to be destined for the bottom corner. Somehow the unsighted Wimbee got down low to make a game winning save, and leave Metz with just Anderlecht barring their path to glory!

fans_going_to_cup.jpg

The Metz faithful finally get something to shout about!

Great win...Svensson really needed that one...

Match fixing scandal forces reforms in French football:

The match fixing scandal rround Chinese hardman Zhe Yun Ye which broke in Belgium has also severe consequences for French football. It turns out that a number of French and second divisions teams were also implicated, or at least some players or members of the techincal staff of those clubs.
The club that is mentioned most is Sochaux where techical director Bernard Ghengini's tlephone was tapped. This provided evidence of match fixing. Sochaux has distanced itself from Ghengini and has put him on non-active immediately.
This could not rescue the French Comté club however. The club was punished financially and on top of that face immediate relgation to a renewed League 2.

League 2 will consist of the following clubs.

SOCHAUX
Strasbourg
Metz
Ajaccio
Bastia
Lorient
Valenciennes
Sedan

Sochaux' new Belgian technical duo Jm Bosman and Gerd DK seemed horrified by the unexpected relegation, but nevertheless claim to stay with the club and will chase promotion although they will not be able to do trasnfers this season.

"We will fight" was all the normally very outspoken Gerd DK could utter.

Clearly no crisis in Sochaux:

Sochaux Montbelliard - Ajaccio 1-0
68' Dagano
MOTM: Mezague (7,5)

Nice little story about the scandal there Stan to get yourself in Div 2 and start your rebuilding from there. ;)

Would like to know who you exactly played in your first match against Ajaccio if you don't mind in starting 11 and who as a sub.

hey guys, thought id post my Wigan team after 4 seasons in, 1st season finished 5th, 2nd season finished 4th, 3rd season 3rd, and half wayinto my 4th season, and im in the champions league semi finals at the moment, got Fc Bayer :p. anyway i gona post my squad, let me know which ones you think are unrealistic, dont forget i cud be challeging for the title next season and battling for 4th this, and 7 points behind top, anyways, here it is :

Goalkeepers
Abbiati
Stuhr-Ellegaard

centre backs
Gavrancic
Rodolfo
Lugano
Aubey (loan)

sidebacks
Joáo Perriera R
Bosingwa R
Kaebi R
Baines L
Mathieu L

Defensive midfield
Sergio Gonzalez
Bradley (american)
Donadel

Side midfielders
Insua L
Ziegler L
McGeady R
Aissati R
Odonkor R

Attacking Midfield
Anderson
Kranjcar

Strikers
Krohn-Dehli
Cavenaghi
Lisandro Lopez
Park Chu-Young

thanx for reading and i hope you guys can give me some honest feedback, cheers :thumbup: :rolleyes: :cheers:

Ok PLF:

GK: Richert
CB: Afolabi
CB: Ndaw (????)
RB: Calvé
LB: Tosic
CMF: Meghni
CMF: Mezague
LSMF: Menez
RSMF: Iabey
CF: Ilan
CF: Dagano

No substitutions needed....

Alright that's good and you're playing with the default formation I set? Or yourself or you tweaked it somewhat?

Cuz if that's the case I believe I set Menez to role "OMF" although he is positioned on the left side of midfield. Just wondering since you said LSMF: Menez there cuz I didn't set him as a winger role.

July 2010 - Transfer Update

dan.jpg

Dan's The Man For Ascoli

Dan Thomassen put pen to paper this morning to complete a transfer from FC Copenhagen to Ascoli Calcio.

The 28 year old Danish international centre-back becomes only the fourth non-Italian in the current squad, but points out that acclimatisation will not be an issue. "I played for two years in Italy with Padova, so I am already familiar with the language and the culture and I'm happy to be back. I'm looking forward to getting started in pre-season training." The tall Scandinavian will be hoping to form an experienced and dependable partnership with Matteo Contini at the heart of Ascoli's back-four.

Thomassen will also be joined by former Lecce player Giuseppe Abruzzese, a no-nonsense left-sided defender signed on a free from Serie B outfit Avellino.

Someone who failed to acclimatise was Ernesto Farias, who has finally had his contract terminated through mutual agreement after he was left out of first team plans and fell out with the club. The less said about the Argentine striker's two unhappy years in Italy the better, though in truth there is not much to tell.

IN
Dan Thomassen (FC Copenhagen)
Giuseppe Abruzzese (US Avellino)

OUT
Ernesto Farias (released)
Massimo De Martis (contract expired)
Simone Motta (contract expired)

img_archivio4410200516749.JPG

Sullo hopes to make his mark

Ascoli have handed a senior squad number to teenager Andrea Sullo for the coming season. The versatile midfielder impressed in the youth setup and has now, shortly before his eighteenth birthday, followed in the footsteps of defender Gabriele Marchetti by joining up with the first team.

Last edited:

August 2010
Calcio Update...

benigni.jpg

High Expectations

Ascoli's ambitious President Roberto Benigni has outlined the club's targets for the coming season.

"We wish to establish Ascoli amongst the top clubs in Serie A", explained Benigni. "I feel we have a squad in place to achieve this. The coach stressed the need to reinforce the defence this summer and we have obliged. Now we must move forward."

The President pin-pointed his target of a position in the top four again this season, thereby matching or surpassing last season's fourth place, as well as full qualification for the Champions League. Ascoli will not find this easy, however, as they have been drawn at the Qualification Stage in a group alongside Arsenal, AC Milan and Valencia.

"We have caused some upsets in recent years, perhaps we can do it again. To take the club forward we must continue to reach the group stages of the Champions League. That is where everyone wants to be."

The President's optimistic words will doubtless apply pressure on Ascoli's coach, who most pundits have labelled an over-achiever in recent years.

Ascoli Squad 2010/2011

Portieri
51 - GK - Carlo Zotti
italy.gif
28yrs
21 - GK - Roberto Maurantonio
italy.gif
29yrs

Difensori
3 - CB - Matteo Contini
italy.gif
30yrs - (Parma)
5 - CB - Gabriele Marchetti
italy.gif
20yrs
6 - CB - Dan Thomassen
denmark.gif
29yrs - (FC Copenhagen)
11 - SB - Alfredo Cariello
italy.gif
31yrs
15 - SB - Fabio Vignati
italy.gif
26yrs - (Cagliari)
22 - SB - Marco Malagó
italy.gif
31yrs - (Chievo)
23 - CB - Ricardo Corallo
italy.gif
30yrs
26 - SB - Giuseppe Abruzzese
italy.gif
29yrs - (Avellino)

Centrocampisti
2 - CM - Mattia Biso
italy.gif
33yrs
4 - SM - Luca Belingheri
italy.gif
27yrs
8 - SM - Michele Fini
italy.gif
36yrs
17 - DM - Alessandro Monticciolo
italy.gif
33yrs
18 - AM - Andrea Gasbarroni
italy.gif
29yrs - (Sampdoria)
19 - DM - Claudio Costanzo
italy.gif
25yrs
20 - AM - Adolfo Speranza
italy.gif
31yrs
25 - AM - Andrea Sullo
italy.gif
18yrs
30 - SM - Valerio Virga
italy.gif
24yrs
33 - CM - Matteo Brighi
italy.gif
29yrs - (Chievo)
55 - DM - Domenico Cristiano
italy.gif
34yrs

Attaccanti
12 - CF - David Bellion
france.gif
27yrs - (Man Utd)
16 - CF - Francileudo dos Santos
tunisia.gif
31yrs - (Toulouse)
79 - CF - Sasa Bjelanovic
croatia.gif
31yrs

Hi nerf, nice stories!

I just wonder if you might be a little light in atatck (although I see you have 3 Attacking mids) to maintain a Serie A & CL push?

db

denirobob said:
Hi nerf, nice stories!

I just wonder if you might be a little light in attack (although I see you have 3 Attacking mids) to maintain a Serie A & CL push?

db
Maybe not, as last season's trusty 4-5-1 will be in operation again for this campaign. Barring any injuries... touch wood... three centre-forwards should be enough I think.

I play Menez like you have put him PLF as an OMF...

lechampionnat2007_metzbastia.gif

svenssonintrouble.jpg

Metz 0 | Bastia 1

As Metz lose again, increasing criticism is being leveled at manager Anders Svensson for taking his eye off the ball and dedicating too much time to his personal life.

According to several newspapers, several times over the last few weeks, the club's youth team coach has been forced to take first team training sessions, as Svensson flights from Southern Spain have delayed him from returning to France.

Combined with the lack of impact made by either of the team's mid season signings, there are even rumours circulating that both players were brought in more as a PR cover than any actual strengthening of the team. It goes without saying that the club deny these allegations, but neither player has had anything like the kind of impact anticipated.

In the game itself, Bastia took the lead on 14 minutes after Conombo out jumped Bassong and headed past Agassa from the edge of the area. It was enough to condemn Metz to another defeat, and despite Contout, Carlitos and Kepa's best efforts up front, the Corsicans never really looked likely to concede.

Ligue 2 table with 2 games remaining....
RENNES 24
ANDERLECHT 21
CAEN 19

LINK

Hello peeps!

I was just wondering, all you Div 2ers. Do you have any "bogey teams" that always cause you trouble? or a particular player perhaps, who always tears you apart?
I'd say AC Ajaccio is one for me. They always seem to go for promotion spots (interesting to see if they do it in yours Gerd).

As for players, well when i was in Div 2 Ederson of Nice never failed to show me up in his AMF position. Essentially, he scored in every game against me. And when he wasn't scoring, the guy was assisting. I played Nice in the cup as well as the league, one season and he scored about 5 or 6 goals (in what must have been 4 games) against me alone :oops: :x :cry:

Arango of Mallorca (another team i normally stick in Div2) tends to either score or create against me too.

These teams/players seem to be fairly consistent in mocking me. I quite like it though, as it adds "history" to certain encounters - like players who always score against a particular team irl, or one team who just can't seem to beat another etc.

Anyway, a bit or news on my new life in the Mediterranean League Division 1. Yes, after 2 seasons in Div 2 i'm finally amongst the cream of the Med.
I bolstered the squad, bringing in a few new faces, notably: Zikos, Contout, Agustien, Tziolis and Muntasser.

My first game was a baptism of fire, in more ways than one. A packed Tsirion stadium was alight with yellow flares and smoke as the home fans witnessed their club take on the might of FC Barcelona! We eventually lost 2-0 to Larsson and Ronaldinho goals. It could have been much more, but for some poor finishing by the Catalan giants.
Game two however, saw a hard fought 1-0 victory at the Stadio Luigi Ferraris, against Sampdoria - young Spaniard Marcos netting the only goal in a great solo effort.

So it's won one, lost one and it remains to be seen whether AEL Limassol can cut it in the top tier of the Mediterranean League.

Strasbourg - Sochaux 0-0
MOTM: Ullrich Le Pen (7,5)
The result says it all, bad performance.

Sochaux - Sedan 1-1
46' Dagano
67' Boutabout
MOTM: Pitau (7)
Ilan missed a penalty in the 88'

This will turn out to be a very difficult ML.
I have trouble scoring with Sochaux. I will have to tinker with the tactics. There seems to be a big gap between the midfield an the forwards.
Sochaux has been dominated in every single match i played. Well let's say that it's a huge challenge.

Last edited:

The more challenging the more fun! :)

And in real life this season as I'm sure you know, it wasn't no easy rides for Sochaux and for quite a while in campaign, they were even in fear of relegation.

Feel free to tweak the formation/tactics or line up or whatever you want to bring success to the team. You're the boss now! 8)

I only set them originally to what is most like real life which seems to work brilliantly for me by the way when I play as them but feel free to change it to suit your needs and playing style.

p.s. There is an extra "s" in your "Strasbourg" vs. Sochaux mate ;)

I'm afraid that i'm not such a good player as you PLF...

PS: By the way what are your prospects for Iran in the World Cup??? Can they get a second round ticket???

Thought I better say what is going on with my stories - I will be back after a little hiatus for exams.

2899074827.jpg

"Dump her or your fired!"

Molinari presents Svensson with an ultimatum, as his affair with raven haired beauty threatens to throw Metz season into turmoil.

Not even 3 wins from the club's remaining fixtures will be enough for the Swede, unless he dumps his Spanish stunner according to French daily L'Equipe.

42683_METZ_MOLINARI_110506.jpg

Molinari held a crisis meeting with the board of directors last night, after the manager's conduct, timekeeping and general dereliction of duty, have seen the club plummet down the table. With just two league games and then a historic cup final appearance to come, The President has finally decide to act in order to save what remains of a underachieving campaign.

By putting the manager into such a difficult situation, there is the possibility the plan will backfire, leaving the club rudderless, but it has to be assumed that Molinari has taken this outcome into account and planned accordingly.

For the virile Viking, the obvious dilemma is whether coaching a lower league French club to glory is worth giving up one of Iberia's hottest chicas for, or if a few months of latin loving is really worth the sacrifice of a promising managerial career.....

In the next few days, we are going to find out.

"the virile viking"...
"one of Iberia's hottest chicas"

Db, you read to many tabloids...

Back
Top Bottom