PES5 ML Thread (see new PES6 thread)

Re: The All New PES5 Master League Thread.

Have no fear Db, i'm here. And let me tell you, i've been busy in The Med.
My season really turned around. On day 7, i was bottom of the league and i faced top of the table outfit Malaga. Somehow, we managed an upset with a 2-0 win. From then on (excluding cup matches) we didn't conceed for the next 5 games, winning four and drawing one (don't forget i only managed one victory in total last season).

Anyhow, i won promotion in the penultimate game of the season, a 2-1 win over Livorno. Good old Huygens netted a brace (not bad at 35). We really hit form at the right time, i've gotta say. However, the title is still undecided........Messina are one point above us. If they lose or draw to bottom of the league Cadiz and we beat third placed Malaga, well the title and the silverware is ours. Day 14 is delicately poised...
Check out my table/results etc for more info :D

boa_oloi_460.jpg

Macco and Co Celebrate a Huygens Brace which Sealed Promotion

Last edited:

Nice touch to have Beitar Jerusalem in that league too Prof...
Good results thisseason...

PLF: problem is not solved, thanks for the link...but it is the tool i already downloaded...

I haven't got the faintest idea how to convert your file to Max Drive file with that tool...i'll keep on searching...

JM BOSMAN SPOTTED WITH FORMER LEGEND HERVE REVELLI

Yesterday JM Bosman was spotted in a brasserie in Lyon where he was talking with Hervé Revelli.
Revelli was part of the legendary St-Etienne teaml that lost a ECI final to Bayern Munich.

Revelli also played for Sochaux...

It seems clear that the Belgian succes duo are heading for either Saint-Etienne or Sochaux...

It's really not that complicated. All you need is ps2savebuilder so you open the .xps version of file and then save it as ".Max" and put that on your max drive and then to your memory card but if you need help I'll just send you .Max drive version so if you want me to do it, just send me another pm and in it specify whether you patch game or want the non-patched version with "Option file - edit mode created kits" and I'll get on it.

p.s. It seems like the legendary duo are leaning more towards taking charge of the mighty "Les Verts" and hopefully over next few years fullfill the chairman and fans worldwide's wish to bring them up and make them one of the most feared teams in France and Europe again! 8)

take care

Last edited:

Although the season hasn't yet finished, both Messina and AEL Limassol have won promotion to the Mediterranean League Division 1, with one fixture remaining. Professor Nutmeg will surely have one eye on next season with regards to his squad.

A good spell of form saw "the Yellows" pick up a few back-to-back victories and with it, the reward of points. Whereas last season AEL couldn't afford to buy a single player, instead relying on Bosman free transfers, this time it looks as if AEL will have raised enough collateral to purchase a player. "Free signings are all very well, but you may not find the type of player you're looking for." said Professor Nutmeg at a recent club press conference. "Points allow you to pursue a player you have been watching" he added.

Despite next season's leap to top tier football, it's likely the tactitian won't shuffle his pack too vigorously. Nutmeg brought in only three players all last season, at the beginning, and he believes anymore could defamiliarise a squad. Defender Cecil and Romanian midfielder Iouga could find themselves surplus to requirements next season as they hardly featured this term. Australian forward Burchet may also be pondering his future, as the winger made few appearances since the manager's arrival. "Ideally i would like a defender, a midfielder and a striker, but we must see what happens this summer" explained Nutmeg. It's thought AEL's primary target may well be a striker, with FC Metz's Roy Contout mooted. The Castello lookalike is currently one amongst many strikers at the French outfit and may be tempted by a more regular place with the Cypriot side.

contout.jpg

Contout: a summer target for AEL

anderssvensson0509.jpg

It's Contin for Svensson

After rumours of interest in Roy Contout from mysterious Cypriot club AEL Limassol, rather than chastise the Mediterranean League Division 1 for trying to unsettle a player under contract, Anders Svensson clearly felt the need to pacify his volatile but gifted Guyana born striker.

Assuring him he was still wanted at the Stade St Symphorien, he also explained his reasons for the recent double swop deal, that in the eyes of some Ligue 2 pundits leaves the fiery forward someway down the pecking order.

"Roy definetly has a future at Metz. Look I know what it must look like, with the two new lads coming in, but he's got to be prepared to graft, to stick at it. I'm sure things will turn out well for him, but I was under pressure to find a solution to our lack of goals, and I'm not convinced he's fully equipped yet to come in and get us 7 or 8 goals a season"

Last edited:

March 2010
Calcio Update...

toni_luca_18092005.jpg

Toni adds to Ascoli woe

Ascoli slumped to their third straight defeat yesterday when Luca Toni's first-half strike gave Fiorentina all three points at the Stadio Del Duca.

The loss comes on the tail of similar defeats to Sampdoria and Reggina and has severed any hopes Ascoli had of challenging for the top two. Roma and Juventus have stretched twelve points ahead, Milan remain in third, five points ahead, and Ascoli are now looking over their shoulders at the likes of Sampdoria, Palermo and Inter catching up fast.

"We've had three very frustrating matches recently and this is a test for us", admits Valerio Virga, who has blossomed to become a regular fixture on the right of Ascoli's midfield over the past twelve months. "But we are still in position to reach the Champions League qualifiers, there's still six games to go and there's no reason why we can't hold on to fourth or maybe even catch Milan."

Ascoli have a mixed run-in, facing mid-table Lazio, Lecce and Udinese, relegation threatened Messina, and top-two Roma and Juventus. March has not been kind to Ascoli, it will be a test of their character to see if they can recover from the first bad patch of their season and hold on to European qualification.

Luca is still banging the goals away in 2010! Legend. Still mate, 4th spot is still in your hands.

Stan let me know if it finally worked when you do try it. :D

And agree top stories here again!

JM BOSMAN & GERD DK ARE HEADING FOR FC SOCHAUX:

This afternoon president Plessis and honorary president Peugeot have presented the new technical staff of Sochaux: Belgian duo Bosman and Gerd DK who just left US PALERMO after a very succesful spell of two seasons.

"We hope to achieve big things at this club" was the commentary of Bosman.
Gerd DK spoke about the many legends this club produced: Revelli, Stopyra, Sauzee, Pedretti, Frau... and thefact that he likes the current selection.
"There are quite a few rough diamonds in this selection and we hope to develop them...this is a big challenge for us. And we are looking forward to it...".

PS: PLF...i"ll try tomorrow evening buti'm confident it will work...anyway, thank you very much.

Sounds good and like the avatar to go with it! 8)

Alright everyone, I’m not here to post my ML Story just yet but I will when I have finished my first negotiations.

I have started a ML with A.C Chievo Verona on 5* and 15 minutes. I am currently 4th with 5 games until the half way period, I have won every game at home that includes both Milan’s (AC 2-0 and Inter 3-0) and lost only twice both times at the Stadio Olympico.

Now I am asking for some assistant on a few realistic transfers that could be made and I thought you guys would be the best people to ask, the positions I am after are LB and LM for now.

I have about 21,000 points and 11,000 team salary (that’s just of the top of my head but it is roughly that).

I am open to all suggestions, any help will be much appreciated thanks in advance

WW01

Still plugging away at it dude got LOADS or reports to post but i'm going to wait until after your tests and so on, lets face it the last thing you need is more to catch up on.

I just started one with Chievo because I didnt want to play too many matches with Strasbourg because if I had then by the time I posted everything up it would be like 3 pages long. So while I waited I thought I might aswell start another one.

I see yeah cool and good decision not to post more while I still have some to catch up with. I just found it weird to have 2 ML's at same time cuz I never did one myself.

You could always have played exhibitions/cup/league with another league though in meantime with other teams tweaked while waitin for me to catch up.

OPTIMISM REIGNS IN SOCHAUX AFTER FIRST PREPARATION MATCHES:

Sochaux - Lens 0-0
Sochaux - Mainz 1-0

Evaluation by JM Bosman:

Two good matches.
Forwards Ilan and Dagano missed a couple of easy sitters agains Lens but played a very good match.
Ilan scored the only goal against Mainz after a superb run by Menez.

Menez and Pitau are the revelations sofar.
At the back Josic is better than expected.

GK Richert saved a penalty against Lens.

A very talented team.
The thing this team has to learn is fight back after conceding a goal. Last season Sochaux lost all their matches if their opponents scored the first goal. This team needs bad characters on the pitch. Players like Pitau, Mendez and Meghni are very talented but too timid...

The team can improve a lot...

PS: All in all i'm glad we did not accept to succede Sven Goran Eriksson as England manager...the press in England is terrible and who cares about Sochaux... I have a feeling that with this team we will surprise a few pundits.

im in my 4th season with Bayern Munich, and loving :p 1st season i struggled, and just made the Champs league qualifying, 7th i think :| 2nd season i i started off poor and was 2nd, 10 points behind Lyon then bought some players, strengthened, and caught Lyon all the way up and was a point ahead with 5 games remaining, but blew it in next 2 games, losing 1 drawing 1, then won the next, and was hoping for Lyon to drop points, last 2 games, Lyon were 4 points ahead and they had 3rd and 4th place and i was hoping theyd drop points and i win last 2, but i blew it and lost to Toulose 4-0 :|and lyon had lost the last 2 aswell :|

then last season was a suscess, won the treble. lost 1 all season aswell.

also im proud that my Bayern teams has 7 German players in the team :p

SOCHAUX DRAWS AGAINST ANDERLECHT IN PRE-SEASON MATCH:

SOCHAUX - Anderlecht 1-1
42: Dagano
66: Serhat Akin

MOTM: Dagano (8,5!!!)

Very good first half by Sochaux. They dominated Anderlecht throughout (8 shots on goal against 2 for Anderlecht), 53% of possession). Dagano's goal was a solo...very good effort.

Anderlecht started better in the second half. This resulted in the eqaualiser by Serhat Akin after an assist by Frutos.
Afterwards Sochaux took the reigns again and should have won the match. Dagano was unstoppable and provided a fantastic assist for Ilan who missed a sitter.

All in all very good performance.

lechampionnat2007_nancymetz.gif

brison.jpg

Metz 0 | Strasbourg 0 & Nancy 4 (Kroupi 4, 84 Kim 44, 66) | Metz 0

Once again Metz failed to get to grips with Nancy's 3-5-2 and paid a disastrous price.

After the massive anticlimax that was the Lorraine-Alsace derby, and another game without a goal, this was seen as a crucial test for the heavily criticised Metz attack. However, after just 5 minutes, Kroupi had given the home side the lead after evading the offside trap.

Almost immediately Gueye wasted a golden opportunity to equalise, somehow blasting the ball over from 10 yards out. The continual lack of a finishing touch, was punished just before the break as Brison's perfect centre was headed home by Kim.

Despite was must of been a rocket from the manager at half time, if anything the visitors got worse, and another Brison cross gave the Brazilian striker his second of the game. The final nail in the coffin arrived from Kroupi late on, illustrating the home sides total dominance and plunging Svensson's side into further crisis.

LIGUE 2 CLASSEMENT

AEL Bag Contout

FootballImage18901.jpg

Cyprus Calling

AEL Limassol have completed the signing of FC Metz striker Roy Contout. The youngster penned a four year contract with the Cypriot side with the two clubs agreeing on a 2950 points transfer fee. Professor Nutmeg is said to be delighted with the deal after following the player over the last two seasons.
AEL look set to add a few more players to their squad in the transfer window, with some talks at an advanced stage.

Oh see Stan, if you use Dagano in the right way he does have the stats to be incredibly useful! ;)

By the way did you read the "Readme" fully and understand it?? If not go and do it man. There's so many important points in there! Also by reading that you'd know although no other league except Ligue 1 is "Finalized", EPL, La Liga, Half of Eredivisie and 3 portuguese teams have got tweaks and are a hell of a lot more realistic than rest who haven't like Anderlecht, Bundesliga or Serie A sides and are still using default stats.

So just a suggestion but even when you're playing exhibitions or so called preseason friendlies, you might want to arrange it against those teams who will be more accurate than let's say Mainz and Anderlecht.

see ya

Welcome back STRINGER (stand up North London!!!)

PLF, i knew that you say that..seems you had it right again...Dagano turns out to be good...i was wrong...(stupid to discuss things like that with you)
I did read the readme file...
Later on i will play against Portugese, English and Spanish teams in pre-season matches...and of course i will face the French clubs in the competition...

Welcome back SB and with a mighty cool avatar of h.o.v.e as well :p

@Stan, no bro don't feel it was stupid to discuss that stuff, I'm nowhere near perfect and your feedback was appreciated as it always is ;)

Take care

Sochaux beat WBA

FC Sochaux - WBA 1-0

66' Ilan
MOTM: Romain Pitau

In match where WBA barely had any chances, Sochaux won against WBA.
The Franche Comté team had lots of chances but it seems scoring is one of the main difficulties in Sochaux.

Gerd DK was very pleased with the perormance of Man of the Match Romain Pitau and his central midfield partner Valéry Mezague.

Pitau sure is a hardworker who gives nearly 110% every match, isn't he? ;)

On top of that he's not a badly skilled guy either, decent technique, decent passing and so overall a very well rounded player.

Sochaux has a good team PLF...they certainly have lots of good midfield players: Pitau, Menez, Isabey, Ndaw, Mezague, Meghni, Monfat, Brunel...lots of possibilities to rotate (i like to do that a lot).

I'm still creating a couple of League 2 teams: Valenciennes, Sedan, Bastia and Lorient...it will certainly take me some time...

Back
Top Bottom