PES5 ML Thread (see new PES6 thread)

Re: The All New PES5 Master League Thread.

Ok sorry guys!! I couldn't wait to play so i chose Toulouse as my team.

Toulouse get a foothold in Ligue 2

Toulouse V Feherbache @ The Ataturk stadium
moreira.jpg

Dos Santos and Moriera fired Toulouse to their first win of the season with a fine display resulting in a 2-0 win over turkish opposition, feherbache.

Moriera had a fine opening half and was able to head home on the 35th minute from Ebondo's left footed cross from the left wing. Dos santos added to the tally by scoring a fine half-volley from a bergunoux layoff in the 79th minute.

Feherbache were mediocre the whole match through, rarely creating any chances for frontman Nicolas Anelka to fire home.

"It was a tough game, we knew coming to turkey would be difficult, especially when facing a side as strong as feherbache" Commented a happy Daniel Moriera."I took my chance, it was a great ball from ebondo."

The Feherbache coach was unavailible for comment, but was said to be disapointed at this teams performance.

The win takes toulous to 2nd in the table. The next match is against Lyon, which is set to be a real test of what the hard working toulouse side are made of.

TOULOUSE RUN RIFE AT STADE DE GERALD

Toulouse v Lyon @ The Stade De Gerald

1131277741.jpg

Lyon 0 - 4 Toulouse

Toulous continued their fine for in Ligue 2 but smashing promotion front runners Olyimpic Lyon at the stade de gerald in an exiting match.

The underdogs were awarded a freekick 5 yards out from the left edge of the lyon penalty area on the 17th minute. Jeremy Mathieu floated in the ball from the penalty area resulting in a looping header from Achille Emana.

The referee then made a controversial decision resulting in a penalty going to Toulouse, after Bernard Mendy bought down toulouse hitman Daniel Morriera in the penalty area. The penalty was cooly taken by the man himself, as he converted to make it 2-0 to the away side on the 29th minute.

Toulouse looked as if they were cruising coming up to half time, but lapses in the concentration of center-back Lucien Aubey allowed Fred the brazillian wonderkid to break through the defence but pull his shot wide of the goal.

The second half was much of the same, lyon pilled on presure while Toulouse hit on the counter and managed to score 2 more goals. A pin point ball to Francileudo Santos on the 55th minute from Laurent Battles allowed the tunisian international to chest the ball down and strike it from the edge of the penalty box into the top left corner of the net. Gregory Coupet was rooted to the spot. The fourth and final goal came from a late substitute Bryan Bergougnoux who was able to turn the ball home from a goal line scramble which resulted from a corner.

"We are cleary disapointed with our performance. We didn't take our chances when we got them, which is what toulouse did so well" commented Gerrard Houlier." But credit to toulouse as the did deserve to their goals through their hard work."

Jonathan Lafour, the manager of Toulouse commented "I think we deserved the win. We played as a team and we took our chances. I hope this run will go on for us."

Guys...here is where your input comes into play. I am very short of good midfielders and defenders... i need some..I like Oliver Monterrubio of Rennes, he impressed me IRL in a cup match a few days ago...

Great result at the Gerland mate. As for your proposal ... think, would Monterrubio go to Toulouse in real life? Is it a realistic proposition? I'm not too sure personally, as my knowledge of Ligue 1 is fairly limited in comparison to some real experts here like PLF, but if the answer is yes to those two questions, then give him a go. I do know Monterrubio is a fantastic player though - was playing a game as Rennes yesterday against Nice, good times.

Anyway, good luck with that, though, by the looks of things, you're doing pretty well, lol.

Ligue 1, Fixture 30

20141er.jpg

Monaco and Auxerre battle for whats at stake

AS Monaco vs AJ Auxerre

Okay. This is the last match of the season and before the match I was currently 10th with 35 points and just 2 points behind Bordeaux in 6th, so I have to win this match to have a chance of qualifying for Europe next season (depending on if other results go my way). And also Monaco had to win to stay in Ligue 1!

-MATCH HIGHLIGHT-

AS Monaco 1 AJ Auxerre 2

Okay i won the match but unfortunately I finished 8th! The teams ahead of me managed to win there matches. So no Europe for me next season! And very unfortunate for Monaco, they got relegated!

In other news O. Lyon managed to win the Ligue 1 title, considering they were 12th in the start of the second half of the season. They just surged to the top of the table unnoticeable (for me that is) and managed to win it on the last day of the season...they were two points behind Toulouse in first place before their match against Nice, which they won 2-0 to claim the title. Also it seemed like Nantes couldn’t hold on to first place, they were there nearly all through the season.

Ligue 1 Season 2005

1. O. Lyon..........52
  2. Toulouse.........51
  3. Strasbourg......49
  4. Rennais...........47
  5. Bordeaux.........47
  6. St.-Etienne.......47
  7. FC Nantes........45
  8. AJ Auxerre.......45
  9. RC Lens...........44
  10. OGC Nice.........44
  11. Sochaux..........42
  12. PSG................41
  13. Lille OSC.........37
  14. O. Marseille.....36
  15. AS Monaco......35
  16. Le Mans UC.....16

Top Scores
1 Gourcuff 14
2 Pauleta 14
3 Fred 13
4 Pieroni 12
5 Moreira 12

Top Assister
1 Juninho12
2 Didot 9
3 Menez 9
4 Fernando M. 8
5 Ribery 8

Ligue 1 Overall Best Player: Menez

Coupe de France Winner: Paris St.-Germain

Last edited:

Strange final result there Stringer: Strasbourg second and Monaco relegated...
Anyway, i wish you more sucess in th eupcoming season.

Prof, a Cypriot team is a very original choice (what about Treviso and Duisburg???). Anyway, good luck...

Whoops a little mistake there Stan, should be Toulouse in second.

Anyways this MIGHT be my last season with this ML, since at the moment i'm having a few personal problems...and also some college work i need to attend to.

Hopefuly in the future i can play some more of this ML.

See you lot later.

Hope you get your probs sorted SB and unlucky not to have gotten that European place despite the win!

Take care pal.

Stringer Bell said:
Whoops a little mistake there Stan, should be Toulouse in second.

Anyways this MIGHT be my last season with this ML, since at the moment i'm having a few personal problems...and also some college work i need to attend to.

Hopefuly in the future i can play some more of this ML.

See you lot later.

Take care mate...hope to hear from you...i like your stories, your style and your humour...

in my master league my team has some players missing like on tottenham Lee-Yong-Pyo is missing in ML but hes there in match mode or league mode. anyone know why

Alaves vs Real Zaragoza - Division 2, Matchday 9

Match highlights - 5mb, fast link - http://www.sendspace.com/file/tg8anw

An intriguing tie with plenty of past headlined a crucial week in Division 2. The home side had only notched up two victories all season - one of them being away at their opponents on Matchday 9. It was Zaragoza's only loss in the league this season. The third place side also knocked out their hosts in the D2 Cup with two impressive performances. With Zaragoza looking to put the pressure on the top two of Anderlecht and Porto, and Alaves looking to restore some pride, this match was always likely to be a cracker.

However, after over-exerting themselves last time out, Zaragoza required 10 changes, with only Zapater keeping his place. This meant that Sergio Garcia was playing wide right, in an attempt to banish the poor performance he put in against the opponents in the corresponding fixture earlier this season. This meant that giant German striker Schwarz would be starting for the visitors after impressing in a cameo role at Anderlecht. There was also a debut for young German keeper Huber and Greek full-back Seitaridis.

A tentative start by both sides was quickly forgotten after just 14 minutes. Both teams began by trying to keep the ball and making the other team chase - probably a sign of how well each team had gotten to know their opponents. Saying that, it was Zaragoza who had to be thwarted on a couple of occasions, with Cani's through passes being well stopped. However, it was Cani who would successfully play Sergio Garcia in down the right flank. The out of place striker did well to keep the ball in. The star turned on the ball, looked up, and speculatively flicked his right boot at the ball. His ball in was just what young striker Schwarz would have wanted - the replays showed the incredible intelligence of the lad, who completely outfoxed Juanito by starting his run behind the defender, only to dart ahead of him and meet Sergio Garcia's centre with a phenomenal scissors kick. The ball rifled past Costanzo, who was as shocked as all the fans, home and away, in the stadium. It was an incredible goal from the man mountain striker.

This clearly rattled the Alaves defence, who were at sixes and sevens at the back. Garcia's through pass was cut out well by Astudillo, who kept it simple and played it back to Tellez. It was a shame that the centre-back failed to follow suit - instead of hoofing the ball away from danger, he tried to pass the ball to Coromina, but sold his teammate well short. The ball went straight to Arca, whose tame looking right foot shot actually just went wide - Costanzo seemed a little slow getting down.

Just after this, in a moment that cheered up the Alaves fans, Sergio Garcia, from about 32 yards out on the right channel, ran out to a loose ball. Instead of taking the ball under control, the Spaniard lashed at a shot that probably propelled the ball out of the Estadio Mendizorroza.

The laughter nearly turned to tears from the goal kick. Costanzo hit the ball down the field, straight onto the head of Lacen. The midfielder headed the ball high back to Juanito. The centre back failed to concentrate, and when jumping for the ball, he misjudged the flight of the ball, and presented Schwarz a chance to run in on goal from 35 yards. The German striker, however, had other ideas. Instead of taking the ball in on goal, the German unleashed a first time low half-volley, which was arrowed straight for Costanzo's bottom right, but to his credit, the Argentine custodian did very well to get his fingers to the ball and tip it around the post for a corner. The corner was an outswinger by Arca, which was taken to meet the head of Cani. His diving header was diverted from goal, on the line, by Coromina. The Alaves fans were less than happy at their sides abysmal start - this was all in the first 20 minutes!

Whilst Diego Milito is definitely the best striker for La Blanquillos, Schwarz was really proving an aerial handful for Alaves. Arca outfoxed Coromina too easily with a stepover and delivered a great ball from the left. Schwarz peeled away from his marker and produced a powerful header, going away from goal, which Costanzo was forced to save. On this form, perhaps Schwarz could force his way into Jurgen Klinsmann's Germany squad - their recent performance against Italy showed that they're lacking a player like Schwarz.

The action didn't favour Alaves anymore after a slight lack of action. A throw in on the left triggered a flowing, one touch move involving Celades, Zapater, Cani, Schwarz and ultimately Sergio Garcia. The striker looked to be well offside, and maybe that is why his finish was so poor - left footed from about 8 yards out, and he cleared the bar.

It would've been fair to say that Zaragoza were dominant. It was nearly thrown away. A ball in from the Alaves left caused mass confusion in the away side's defence. Young keeper Huber showed his inexperience, and he rushed out to the ball. Antchouet did well, and crossed instead of selfishly shooting from a tight angle. Faced with an open goal and a free header, it was baffling as to how Wesley managed to head over. But at half time, it was Zaragoza who were deservedly in front, and they looked like they were going to cut Alaves apart at any moment that they wanted to.

The second half started off no different to the first - Aranzabal put in a decent cross from the left, which met the head of Arca, who jumped well, but saw his effort go high and wide after taking a corner on the right side. It was Arca who would have the next chance in the game, with a free kick from 30m out. The Argentine player got the free kick up and over the wall, but the shot lacked any real accuracy, and was too close to Costanzo.

In a recent discussion on a Zaragoza fan forum, it was concluded that a lot of fans were worried about how much Aranzabal would play. A clear Spanish legend, the veteran left-back has been a cause for concern because of his apparent lack of pace. This was highlighted when Wesley breezed past him and ran in on goal, but the left-footed playmaker curled his shot well wide. It was a big scare for the visitors. It was the start of the tide turning in the game - Alaves came back into the game, penning their opposition in their own half. However, they didn't really muster anything of any quality to test Huber. An example to epitomise this point was presented to the stadium when Carreras crossed in from the left for Carpintero, who had positioned himself excellently for a left-footed side-volley, but the execution rivalled the attempt by Sergio Garcia earlier in the match - Carpintero's finishing mirrored that of a toddler with a plate of broccoli.

Ringing the changes

And with Alaves pressuring in stoppage time, there would be a goal. A corner from Alaves was poorly delivered, and Huber caught it well. His long ball to Sergio Garcia was intercepted, but the ball went high in the air, and Juanito misjudged the ball again, leaving Schwarz the simple chance of a one on one with Costanzo. The burly German, who is reminiscent of a very young, German version of Luca Toni, took a few touches, and then placed a pacy, side-footed shot with his left foot past a statuesque Costanzo. The precocious talent showed why he was signed in the transfer window - he added something completely different to Zaragoza - a physical presence upfront which contrasts to the subtle, technical prowess of Diego Milito.

It was getting to Alaves, especially Oscar Tellez, who had been run ragged by the teenage star - his rash challenge at the end was rewarded with a yellow card. Schwarz had his speculative, long range effort saved by Costanzo, who was determined to deny the German a hat-trick.

Begging for the final whistle

The away day victory kept Zaragoza in touch with the league leaders - the gap is just 2 points between Porto and Zaragoza, and a further point between the Portugese side and Anderlecht.

Final Score
Alaves 0
Real Zaragoza 2 (Schwarz x2)

Got some delay due to a concussion, but I build a website. Check it out:
SC Heerenveen website

I will try to post some reports here, but due to that concussion I have to do alot of missed tests, so I'm quite busy.

Last edited by a moderator:

US PALERMO WIN THE WEFA MASTERS CUP:

US PALERMO - Internazionale 2-1

56' Adriano
69' Carraciolo
91' Caraciolo

MOTM: Mariano Gonzalez

With two goals from Carraciolo US PALERMO have won the WEFA Masters Cup.
After the Coppa last season the second silverware in two years.

AC Milan - US PALERMO 0-1

45' Cavenaghi

MOTM: Vilar

With two match to go, Palermo need one more point in order to become champions.

1 US PALERMO 72
2 AC Milan 66
3 Juventus 63

Yup congrats on winning the WEFA cup stan and soon the Sicilians will also be Italian champs and you will have every reason to celebrate this huge succes/achivement with your family! :D

Take them out for a dinner or something and if they asked what's the occassion, just say I got a promotion or something like that! :p

Hey guys, is there some kind of way I can change the level during the season, as I'm playing 5* now but I'm winning everything, sorta unrealistic:(

US PALERMO: CHAMPIONS !!!!!

US PALERMO - Sampdoria Genua 1-1

74' Bouchouari
75' Kuzutov

MOTM: Bouchouari

For the first time ever a Sicilian team has been able to win the Scudetto.
US PALERMO only needed one more point in their last home match.
The team once again attacked relentlessy. It was clear to eveyone that they desperately wanted to win this match.
But somehow the ball just did not ended up in the goal despite good play...
Therefore it was enormous relief when Hakim Bouchouari scored in the 74th minute...the relief was too big since Sampdorie equalised rigth after the kick-off...clearly a loss of concentration...
Palermo remained the dominating team however and in the end they got the point they needed.
The match ended in a huge celebration on the island.
amid these joyous celebrations there was one false note, since there is talk of popular managerial duo Gerd Dk - Jean-Marc Bosman leaving the club.
Askd about his future Gerd DK was rather less outspoken than usual: "Lets not talkabout the future now, lets just enjoy this wonderful moment".

Congratulations Stan, that's some impressive work! Hope you have yourself a nice relaxing virtual postseason :)

Week 4, Season 1 - Division 2
Frustration and missed chances prevail
Getafe 0-0 Deportivo

Matchday 4 saw Getafe host fellow Spaniards Deportivo La Coruna, who were looking to improve upon a poor start having lost two of their opening three games. For the second week in succession the home side named an unchanged lineup. Deportivo lined up in their change black strip with a yellow cross, and despite their poor start to the season they were always going to pose a threat with the dangerous Tristán and Munitis leading their line.

Getafe started the brighter, some neat work down the left between Nano and Pernía left the full back with the time to make a telling cross, but he could only find the arms of Molina. Deportivo started to establish some possession however and Belenguer had to be on his toes to cut out a Munitis through ball before it could reach Tristán just before the half hour mark. Getafe were the next to threaten, as Redondo forced a fine save from Molina, turning the wide man's shot round the post. Munitis then beat Nano to a bouncing ball just before the break, but couldn't beat a fine reaction save from Catalayud. The visitors were nearly undone in injury time in the first half, but Craioveanu could only drag his shot wide when put clean through on goal. It was an excellent opportunity and the striker knew it could be a costly miss, sinking to his knees in frustration.

1_4_gicawide.jpg

The visitors came out for the second half looking far more menacing, and Getafe were relieved when Munitis crashed a shot against the bar but was ruled offside before anyone could follow up on the loose ball. Getafe reacted with a hooked Vivar Dorado shot that flashed past the angle of right post and crossbar, and it looked like a goal could come at either end at any moment. However as both teams tired, so did their incisiveness and sadly the game fizzled out to a goalless draw. On the balance of play, it was probably a fair result, although both sides will have been disappointed not to have taken their chances in front of goal.

Getafe remain unbeaten this season and continue to hold on to third place. Next week sees Getafe's first outing in the D2 Cup followed by a trip to Fenerbahce.

Man of the Match: Belenguer (Getafe)

Getafe (4-5-1): Catalayud / Matellan, Belenguer (c), Contra, Pernía / Celestini, Cubillo, Redondo, Nano, Vivar Dorado / Craioveanu (sub 74 J. Coelho)

Deportivo (4-4-2): Molina / Andrade, Coloccini, Manuel Pablo, Capdevila (sub 89 Romero) / Valeron, Duscher, Víctor (sub 89 Gallardo), Momo (booked) / Munitis (sub 74 Carril), Tristán

[This was one of those games when you get a great chance, miss it and know it's going to end up goalless *sigh* oh well!]

Easter is great for catching up on Pro Evo :)

Week 5, Season 1 - Division 2 Cup, 1st Round, 1st Leg
Golden Dorado helps Getafe to first leg win
Getafe CF 2-0 Fenerbahce SK (Coelho 20, Vivar Dorado 79)

Getafe faced Fenerbache in their Division 2 1st leg cup game, the first of three upcoming meetings between the sides. Manager Leigh Butler chose to make 9 changes from the side that drew with Deportivo, hoping to see some fresh faces lay claim to a regular place in the side. Fenerbahce also chose to rest some players, including Nicolas Anelka, showing perhaps that both sides were more concerned with their league form. Right winger Gavilan made his return from injury and Vivar Dorado was made captain.

Getafe created the first opening on 12 minutes, with some nice first touch passing between Vivar Dorado and Nano creating an opportunity for Coelho to latch onto, only for Rustu to come racing from his line to clear the danger. The visitors were guilty of some loose passing, allowing the Spanish side to keep possession for long spells and increase the pressure. It was no surprise when Getafe then took the lead, Coelho heading home past the man on the line from a corner forced by a driving run by Vivar Dorado. See Coelho's goal here (Xvid, 1MB).

1_5_firstgoal1.jpg
1_5_firstgoal2.jpg
1_5_firstgoal3.jpg

Gavilan delivers the corner, Coelho beats two defenders and finds the top corner

The same combination nearly resulted in another goal ten minutes later, as Rustu had to scramble to his right to keep out a fierce Coelho header. It took the visitors until just before half time to fashion a meaningful effort, Appiah blasting over the bar from just inside the D.

Getafe began the second half in the same vein as the first, a crisp passing move resulting in a low shot from Vivar Dorado that Rustu could only turn round the post. The central midfielder was putting in a virtuoso performance, and was unfortunate to see his curling effort from the resulting corner creep wide of the right hand post. This seemed to sting Fenerbahce into action, and they enjoyed a good spell of probing possession without really threatening. With 15 minutes to go the visitors introduced Anelka, looking to grab a late equaliser. It almost came shortly afterwards after a loose ball broke to Appiah on the edge of the penalty area, but he could only reproduce his poor effort of the first half.

But Vivar Dorado would not be denied, and got the goal his performance deserved when Getafe streamed out on the counter attack, Nano pulling back a pinpoint cross to the edge of the box for the midfielder to thump into the bottom corner with a fine header. A tiring Gavilan was replaced by Riki, and the home side saw out time to take a well deserved 2-0 lead into the second leg. See Dorado's goal here (XVid, 920K).

1_5_secondgoal1.jpg
1_5_secondgoal2.jpg
1_5_secondgoal3.jpg

Nano's cross is headed home by Vivar Dorado, who is then mobbed by Coelho

Man of the Match: Nano (Getafe) [Dorado would have been my pick though]

Getafe (4-5-1): Luis García / Pulido, Tena, Cotelo, Paredes / Diego Rivas, Alberto Aguilar, Gavilan (sub 79 Riki), Nano, Vivar Dorado (c) / J. Coelho

Fenerbahce (4-3-1-2): Rustu / Umit, Luciano, Deniz Baris, Erdogdu (sub 74 Anelka) / Serkan Balci, Marco Aurelio, Gursoy (sub 79 Yozgatli) / Appiah / Zafer, Zengin (sub 79 Tuncay)

Last edited:

First matchday success Heerenveen
(6*, 10 minutes)

SC Heerenveen vs. ADO Den Haag

fans17sh.png

Lineups:

ADO Den Haag

Drobny,
Bakkati, Grujic, Gibbs, Rzasa
Stroeve, O'Brien, De Graaf
Elia, Mols, Den Ouden

SC Heerenveen

Waterman,
Poulsen, Hansson, Breuer, J.Drost
Kissi, Bosvelt, Pranjic
Yildirim, Bruggink, Nilsson

First half:

26500 people saw Bruggink and Kissi make the kick-off, and the season officially started. Barely 7 minutes were played, when Ugur Yildirim managed to get a corner from a bad situation. Danijel Pranjic took the corner, Jaroslav Drobny jumped out of his goal but he missed the ball completly, and it was Bruggink who got a free header and he headed the ball perfectly in the empty goal.

After thirty minutes, there was an ADO chance, Elia chipped the ball over Waterman, but it hit the bar. Furthermore there was a long distance shot from Bruggink, but a good save from Drobny pretended the second goal.

Second half:

One substitution was made, at Heerenveen Breuer was changed for the stronger and taller Fernando Derveld.

A careful start from Heerenveen made the game quite boring. At the 53th minute ADO made their first sub, Verhoek replacing Den Ouden.
Then there was a corner for Heerenveen from the left, with the right footed Ugur Yildirim taking it. It was a well curved ball, but Kissi's diving header hit the bar. Ten minutes later there was a free kick, and alot of potential free kick takers (Pranjic, Bruggink and Yildirim). The newly assigned coach chose Bruggink. It was a good choice, Arnold Bruggink took the chance and scored from 26m by curling it over the wall in the righthand top corner. After the free kick there were two subs, at Heerenveen Prager replaced Kissi, at ADO Elia was replaced by Kolkka.

At the 76th minute it was another distance shot from Bruggink, it was deflected by Drobny, Yildirim picked it up but failed to score on an open goal. After the goal kick, O'Brien found a gap in the defence, he ran towards Waterman but he managed to miss from only a few inches.

After that, the game was played and Heerenveen won for the first time this season.

Heerenveen-ADO Den Haag 2-0

After the win Heerenveen is first on the tables:

newpicture68fi.jpg

Man! What a season in the Mediterranean League Division 2. One win, six draws, seven losses and i finished bottom. To add insult to injury (pardon the pun) influential midfielder Miranda was out injured for 11 weeks and missed the majority of the season.

I won only two games in total, one in the league and one in the cup. My biggest loss was 4-1 to Nice and my biggest win was 3-1 against Messina. Funnily enough both times i won, i scored 3 goals.

All in all it's been brilliant, despite finishing last. It's tough at the moment. Here's to next season. Check out my news page and the rest of my site for all the details of the past season.

Now i'm going to open my 75cl Leffe and get back to Eurogoals :)

Nice site, Prof...
Which is the best player of the "new" default bunch???
Espimas always used to be my favourite one...

Leffe is Belgian beer, but i have to say we have better ones...

Stan said:
Nice site, Prof...
Which is the best player of the "new" default bunch???
Espimas always used to be my favourite one...

Leffe is Belgian beer, but i have to say we have better ones...

Ruskin turns out to be a speed demon,
and
Jaric becomes a great freekick taker

Jaric even starts out as a good free-kick taker. And yeah Ruskin is getting pacey. Ordaz is showing improvement infront of goal. But i've always been partial about Macco. He's very versatile. Dodo is coming along in the centre of midfield. There is definitely a marked improvement between this season and last.

lechampionnat2007.gif

caen_metz_s2.jpg

Bastia 0 | Metz 0 & Caen 2 (Compan 8' 80') | Metz 0

Metz dropped 5 more points and turned in two turgid performances, first at a half empty Stade Armand Cesari de Furiani and then at a noisy Stade Michel d´Ornano deep in the heart of Normandy.

Although there were glimpses of quality in the goalless draw with Bastia on Friday, Sunday's 2-0 defeat to Caen was as comprehensive a beating as one would expect at this level, and leaves the Lorraine based side at the foot of the table, with just 1 solitary victory on the opening day against Strasbourg.

Once again the side looked leggy and lethargic and didn't appear to have any cohesive attacking shape. Much of the blame for this must fall at the feet of Svensson, who used all 3 substitutes in both matches, with absolutely no change in the sides pattern of play.

Compan did the damage with strikes on 8 and 80 minute, but in truth, the 72 minutes in between each goal were fairly forgettable as the home side took their foot of the gas, such was the lack of commitment in the opposition.

LINK

Things aren't looking too good at the minute mate. The lack of goals is a concern though. I do enjoy reading the story though db, it's really well written.

ps - nice pic of Julia Bond.

A Swede going down, Julia Bond and yards of loo roll.

I can't think of a better way to spend a tuesday afternoon :)

Something will need to be done in the upcoming transfer window mate....

Professor Nutmeg said:
Jaric even starts out as a good free-kick taker. And yeah Ruskin is getting pacey. Ordaz is showing improvement infront of goal. But i've always been partial about Macco. He's very versatile. Dodo is coming along in the centre of midfield. There is definitely a marked improvement between this season and last.

Hi proff,

sorry to hear your first season was a bit of damp squid ;)

at the start when u chose the default crew, did you get a large pool of madeup players to pick from?

db

Back
Top Bottom