PES5 ML Thread (see new PES6 thread)

Re: The All New PES5 Master League Thread.

Hello mate. You first get presented with a list, which is essentially the default players. You can then, if you so choose, go and add some players to that list and they can be anyone in the game. You can also get rid of players from the list. I turfed out Zamenhof before starting the ML and that's it. And so i began with the default crew. Essentially you can make up any team you like, but keep an eye on your wages.

Things will improve this season. I can feel it.

Things are looking better i'd say. I've already managed 2 wins so far (4 league games and 1 cup game into the season). I only managed 2 wins all last season. So i look on course to bettering last year's achievements.

I made a good managerial decision in a cup game recently. My 4-3-3 wasn't doing too well thus far. So for the cup match, i thought i'd change the front three slightly and field a player in the hole behind two strikers (4-3-1-2). I hadn't done this yet as i didn't think i had a player with the neccessary qualities. I did however earmark young Spanish startlet Marcos for the role and he grabbed two goals (the only two, which turned out to be the winners in a 2-1 victory). And to top it off, they were away goals). I love it when a plan comes together :)
I think i'll stick with this formation for now and if it works in the league, i could be in the market for a SS/AMF at the end of the season.

well done Proff!

George_Peppard_hannibal_1.jpg

Can I join this tread and start talking about my Master League no matter where I am in my master League!?

Course its entertaining my friend.

I will start from tomorrow I'm half way through my 3rd session with Newcastle in my second I won the D1 Cup and I'm on track for the UEFA Champions League, D1 Cup and League title. I have quite a good record at the moment only conceding 7 goals in 24 games in all comps.

I have made quite a few signings in the past two years.

Flashy with the cheque book huh ;) Sadly my financial situation (trying to replicate that of a small club) dictates that i can't actually buy anyone. It's Bosman's for me at the moment. I can only afford to dip into the market once a season too (at the end) so no buying or loaning in the mid-season window. I like the "make do with what you have" attitude. I'm guessing by season 3, i'll have enough "green" to buy a player up to 3500 points max probably. So far though, my free acquisitions look to be good choices.

PARTY AND HANGOVER IN PALERMO:

US PALERMO - PANATHINAIKOS 3-2

7' Makinwa
38' Cavenaghi
44' Makinwa
88' Elefteropoulos
92' Olisadebe

MOTM: Makinwa

SERIE A : End of season

1 US PALERMO 72
2 AC Milan 66
3 Juventus 60
4 Internazionale 55
5 Udinese 53
6 AS Roma 51

Top Scorer: Cavenaghi
Top Assister: Cassano
Best Overall Player: Bonnani.

What was meant to be a final party turned out to be something like a funeral in Palermo yesterday evening.
In the last match of the season PALERMO played very attacking football in a dazzling display that lasted 85 minutes...then came the celebarations and two late Panathinaikos goals, but htose were not the problem...

In the post match interview with RAI Uno technical staff Gerd DK and Jean-Marc Bosman announced that they will leave US PALERMO immediately. They will not renew their contract.
Rumours have it that both Belgians have fallen out with Palermo owner Maurizio Zamparini who wants to cash in on the triumphs... Allegedly Zamparini wants to sell PALERMO to media tycoon and former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi who desperately needs a Southern team in order to boost his popularity since scientific research about recent elections has proved that Prodi's left coalition has won the elections in Sicily...

Gerd DK and JM Bosman are knwn to be two rebellious figures with unhelathy sympathy for Che Guevara....they aren't exactly big fans of Il Condottieri....

Already, the press is pseculating about the future of il due sinistra di Palermo...

Yeah well Iv managed to create enough wins and with winning a cup and having top scorers in the cup and League I got quite a bit of green and I just done alot of trades to get the players I needed... and sold a few in the process! I can sustane spending mid session too but I tend to hold back - last time I done that I went a bit crazy and ended up having only quater of my funds left leaving me with a mountain to climb just to get the player wages out on time... I was left almost red faced that sesson. I think its safe to say Iv learnt from my mistakes!!

Congratulations Stan :applause:

Any clues as to where the dynamic duo will end up next?

Stan said:
PARTY AND HANGOVER IN PALERMO:

US PALERMO - PANATHINAIKOS 3-2

7' Makinwa
38' Cavenaghi
44' Makinwa
88' Elefteropoulos
92' Olisadebe

MOTM: Makinwa

SERIE A : End of season

1 US PALERMO 72
2 AC Milan 66
3 Juventus 60
4 Internazionale 55
5 Udinese 53
6 AS Roma 51

Top Scorer: Cavenaghi
Top Assister: Cassano
Best Overall Player: Bonnani.

What was meant to be a final party turned out to be something like a funeral in Palermo yesterday evening.
In the last match of the season PALERMO played very attacking football in a dazzling display that lasted 85 minutes...then came the celebarations and two late Panathinaikos goals, but htose were not the problem...

In the post match interview with RAI Uno technical staff Gerd DK and Jean-Marc Bosman announced that they will leave US PALERMO immediately. They will not renew their contract.
Rumours have it that both Belgians have fallen out with Palermo owner Maurizio Zamparini who wants to cash in on the triumphs... Allegedly Zamparini wants to sell PALERMO to media tycoon and former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi who desperately needs a Southern team in order to boost his popularity since scientific research about recent elections has proved that Prodi's left coalition has won the elections in Sicily...

Gerd DK and JM Bosman are knwn to be two rebellious figures with unhelathy sympathy for Che Guevara....they aren't exactly big fans of Il Condottieri....

Already, the press is pseculating about the future of il due sinistra di Palermo...

Hi Gerd,

yeah congratulations indeed. I think Livorno might suit you comrade :)

db

lechampionnat2007_metznancycup.gif

metz_nancy_s2cup1.jpg

Metz 2 (Agouazi 52', Gueye 85') | Nancy 0

A goal 5 minutes from time sent Metz into the semi finals of the Ligue 2 Cup, allowing a moment of respite in a season that had been rapidly unravelling.

The first goal not long after the break, came from a defensive error. Agouazi was quickest to pounce on the mistake, and the young midfield enforcer drove the ball high and handsome into the roof of the net. With the tie level on aggregate, extra time and then penalties looked the most likely outcome, but Babacar Gueye obviusly hadn't been reading the script.

Beria crunched into the Nancy full back high up the pitch, Contout got possesion slid it into the path of his Senegalese strike partner, who blasted the ball and Les Grenats into the final 4!

Other Cup results...

Le Mans 0
Anderlecht 1
Ander 4-1 agg

Caen 0
Rennes 0
Caen 1-0 agg

Bastia 1
Strasbourg 2
Stras 3-2 agg

BELGIAN DUO HEADING FOR FRANCE:

In an interview with The Gazetto dello Sport, Gerd DK and JM Bosman spoke about their future.

Gerd DK: "We are definitely heading to France. My Persian manager is negotiating for us. This guy is a phenomen, he's not only a good manager but on top of that he has almost encyclopedical knowledge of French football. At the moment he's negotiating with two Ligue 1 clubs from eastern France...At this moment we are not sure which team we will choose but it will be one of both."

About the succesful season with US PALERMO:

"We had a terrific season, the fact that we didn't loose a single match in Serie A says it all...we were easily the most attacking team with the best defense...this proves that Italian teams can be succesfull without playing catenaccio and this with four offensive midfielders."

About their farewell to Sicily:

"I will always have good memories to Sicily and US PALERMO. Before working with this club i did not particulary liked Italian football, now i have become fascinated by calcio"

Upon Berlusconi:

"no comment..."

I've already read it Db...one of the best football books i ever read...in fact it's as much about Italian mentality than about football...since playing with Palermo and especially since reading that book i've become fascinated with Italian football...
It's not a real history, it's a thematic book: about players, scandal, coaches, the national team, the fans, the media...

I'm very busy but i have finished it in 4 days (more than 500 pages)...very thorough but also very enjoyable and sometimes really funny...a must...

Not Strasbourg Prof...

February 2010
Calcio Update...

dossantos.jpg

Milan held at the death

Ascoli's Francileudo Dos Santos snatched a late, late point from Milan in the Stadio Del Duca last night, glancing home Gasbarroni's cross deep into injury time.

The Milan giants had the slight upper hand in the contest, with Brazilian star Kaka running the show and proving a handful. Even so, it took 86 minutes for Donadoni's men to break through the bianconeri lines, when Kaka latched on to Pirlo's through pass and drilled the ball past Carlo Zotti to seemingly win it for the visitors.

Ascoli responded by throwing on an extra attacker, Dos Santos, and as is his habit, the unpredictable forward saved his best for the biggest occasion. The home side forced a corner in injury time, Milan failed to clear effectively, and when Andrea Gasbarroni whipped in a second ball, Dos Santos ghosted in behind Nesta to find the net from close range with virtually the last touch of the game.

A point suited neither team in the bigger picture however, as victories for Roma and Juventus enabled the top two to open a small gap ahead of the chasing pack.

Serie A standings - 20 fixtures played

1. 44pts Roma
2. 43pts Juventus
3. 39pts Milan
4. 38pts Ascoli
5. 35pts Inter

Hi Nerf,

I'm a bit confused, is this your 5th season now ? Any chance of a roll of honour mate

btw - i was near you neck of the woods (well actually not that close really!) in Cheltenham on monday and saw Frank Skinner. My god he looks so thin and gaunt, his head looks far too big, like on of those Pro Star figurines!

db

It's a little known fact that Frank Skinner is in fact an actual living Pro Star figurine. Modern science these days, eh?

Yes, it's my 5th season. I realise that my occasional reports jump somewhat haphazardly along the time-line, so here's Our Graham with a quick reminder:

Season 2005/06
Serie A: 12th
Coppa Italia: Runner-up
Key Player: Nicolas Cordova

Season 2006/07
Serie A: 5th
Coppa Italia: Semi-final
Key Player: Jaime Lozano

Season 2007/08
Serie A: 4th
Coppa Italia: WINNERS
Champions League: Group Stage
Key Player: Matteo Brighi

Season 2008/09
Serie A: 9th
Coppa Italia: First Round
Champions League: Quarter-final
Key Player: Matteo Brighi

2007/08 has perhaps been the most successful to date. Last season had its ups and downs, while this season has been about re-grouping and hopefully returning to Europe next season.

Good results with a modest team nerf...

I still look here guys (DB, Blurry, Gerd, Nerf all old time buddies) when I get a bit of time. Sadly these days I barely have as much time as I'd like to keep up with all these stories and my own agendas but I still try so I suppose just the effort counts for something ;)

@Gerd, I'm delighted to see you're headed for France and am eager to see at which team the legendary Ex-Coaches of Palermo will end up! I have a feeling it'll be either Sochaux or a fallen giant like St. Etienne! :)

BELGIAN COACHING DUO SPOTTED IN FALOUS BOCUSE RESTAURANT OUTSIDE LYON:

L'Equipe mentioned Belgian duo JM BOSMAN & Geerd DK in the famous restaurant of Paul Bocuse outside Lyon. They were having dinner with Didier Zokora and Moumoubi Dagano....
It iws a well known fact that Gerd DK started his coaching carreer as youth coach in Racing Genk when both African players where playing for that club.
Of course speculations are rife as to where the Belgian duo is heading: Lyon (improbable), Saint-Etienne (maybe) or Sochaux (why not).

Gerd DK said that the decision is taken, "we are heading to the French region were the suicide rate is highest in the country, this cannot be an accident..."

lechampionnat2007_metzand.gif

hwan_leaves.jpg

Hwan's Korea Change

After another draw, albeit with league leaders Anderlecht, Metz have called time on the rather brief French career of Jung Hwan Ahn.

The 2002 World Cup star is clearly paying the price for another goal shy performance from the club's strikers, and having never established himself as a regular in Svensson's mind, was always likely to be surplus to requirements. Although singling out one player as a scapegoat could be considered unfair, the forward who is an idol back in Asia, couldn't get accustomed to life in France.

"Football's a dog eat dog world" said President Molinari "He's a lovely young man, however we clearly need to do something quickly in order to try and salvage this season. We are currently in talks with an interested party, and there might even be the possibility of a swop deal on the cards."

As far as the game itself, Metz actually shaded possession of the ball, and seemed to be in much better spirits following their second leg cup success. With Gueye and Kompany engaged in a titanic tussle, space opened up for Roy Contout who on a rare start showed glimpses of promise, picking up the ball deep and taking players on.

LINK

LIGUE 2 NEWS...

Overnight, Metz tied up a stunning double striker deal with Spanish club Sevilla. The Andalucians were due to meet Barcelona on Sunday evening in a La Liga clash, before it was eventually called off due to a thunderstorm.

363462_MEDIUMSQUARE.jpg

During the delay, the southerners President José María del Nido confirmed the deal exlusively to TVE, which see's both Kepa and Carlitos move to France, whilst Korean Jung Hwan Ahn and Pole Marcin Zewlakow go in the opposite direction.

ahn_leaves2.jpg
- Hwan crosses the I's and dots the T's

zewlakow_leaves.jpg
- Zewlakow, rather bemused to be out on his ear!

Whilst Metz had confirmed on friday that Hwan would be seeking pastures new, Zewlakow's departure came as something of a suprise. Although the big front man had hardly set Ligue 1 alight, it was felt that his height and strength could still be a useful asset late on in certain games.

As for the two new faces arriving at the Stade St Symphorien on tuesday, not much is known about either player outside of their native shores.

carlitos_signs_2.jpg

carlitos_signs_3.jpg
- Carlitos, proud of his Southern roots

kepa_signs.jpg
- Kepa, once represented Spain at Youth level

kepa_signs_2.jpg

Carlitos now in his 30th year has played for Mallorca as well Sevilla in a respected La Liga career, whilst his younger compatriot came up through the ranks at the Sanchjez Pizjuan, but has been firmly down the pecking order behind Saviola, Kanoute and Fabiano.

It will be interesting to see if either player can dislodge Tum or Gueye from the starting lineup, however it is more likely that Svensson sees the of introduction of new blood as an attempt to shake up the current complacent strikeforce.

More to follow in a press conference tomorrow at 1pm CET.

Last edited:

carlitos_signs.jpg

Cohones of steel

Although lacking is stature Carlitos is a man with a big personality, in many ways confirming the small man of history theory.

Speaking through an interpreter he explained his reasoning for leaving the oranges and fiestas behind...

"After many years in Spain, I felt it was time to experience life elsewhere. I'm coming to the twilight of my career and I may not get this
type of opportunity again." Rumours in Spain had been linking the striker with a loan move to Eibar, but the player dismissed these as "mere
tabloid speculation".

"Andalucia is my home you know, the land, it's in my blood, but like Don Quijote I'm going on a journey in search of glory and adventure!"

With the second half of the season starting on wednesday evening with match against local rivals Strasbourg, one reporter put it to the pint
size predator that if selected, he may find the atmosphere of a Lorraine/Alsace game too hot to handle.

"Scared ? what me, you must be joking hombre!. I've played in some crazy Seville derbies and in comparison this will be a walk in the park.
Look I know the situation here, I wasn't born yesterday, and I know there's a pecking order of sorts, but I'm just the type of guy to change
all that, hell I love a challenge!".

Nice stuff DB. Only reason there haven't been much comments on them is cuz we've been busy but otherwise your stuff is still as top class as it ever was and when I do get time to read them, very enjoyable! 8)

hello mate, im glad youve dropped in as ive been getting lonely in here! i thought that everyone could detect my BO problem or something :)

I guess everyones raving about WE10. You'll all be coming back to me when you realise shes just another fur coat no knickers type of hussy ;)

seriously, whats she like mate - i want all the juicy details!!!

db

Hehe nah man for me it's not WE10 but exams and other stuff in life that's keeping me from being that active nowadays.

Just wanted to drop a line though so you don't feel lonely but know that there are many reading just haven't had time to reply to your well-written and thoughtout stories :)

see ya

@Stan, did you manage to get the probs sorted with the file?

Back
Top Bottom