PES5 ML Thread (see new PES6 thread)

Re: The All New PES5 Master League Thread.

Stan said:
Nice result Prof
Glad that things are going uphill nerf..

ANOTHER MASSACRE BETWEEN PALERMO AND EMPOLI:

An outstanding US PALERMO won once again a violent match against Empoli.
There is a catch to this victory however. Man of the match Izmailov was virtually assaulted three times durong this match. This resulted in only one yellow card for Moro and a nine weeks injury for the Russain side midfielder.
Jean Marc Bosman was reported saying that he hopes Empoli will not be able to avoid relegation. Once again wz suffer an injury after a voilent match where theref never thought about protecting attractive players...

Gerd DK refused to comment.

US PALERMO - Empoli 2-1
23' Bouchouari
35' Makinwa

MOTM: Izmailov

US PALERMO still co-leaders with Milan...

PS: what is it with Empoli???are they brutal IRL too or is this a coïncidence???

PPS: Nice touch of Konami. When i had to substitute Izmailow (who had left the fiel on a stretcher), Mariano Gonzalez who was is substitute received orders from a person of the technicalstaff (he did'nt resemble me at all...seemed rather young and attractive).

Sounds like a bit of a fiery game. I don't think Empoli are that violent in real life. I do like the sound of what happened when Izmailov went off - I don't ever recall seeing that myself, but it does sound cool. Big loss though of Izmailov for 9 weeks - will the squad cope?

Stan said:
Nice result Prof
Glad that things are going uphill nerf..

ANOTHER MASSACRE BETWEEN PALERMO AND EMPOLI:

An outstanding US PALERMO won once again a violent match against Empoli.
There is a catch to this victory however. Man of the match Izmailov was virtually assaulted three times durong this match. This resulted in only one yellow card for Moro and a nine weeks injury for the Russain side midfielder.
Jean Marc Bosman was reported saying that he hopes Empoli will not be able to avoid relegation. Once again wz suffer an injury after a voilent match where theref never thought about protecting attractive players...

Gerd DK refused to comment.

US PALERMO - Empoli 2-1
23' Bouchouari
35' Makinwa

MOTM: Izmailov

US PALERMO still co-leaders with Milan...

PS: what is it with Empoli???are they brutal IRL too or is this a coïncidence???

PPS: Nice touch of Konami. When i had to substitute Izmailow (who had left the fiel on a stretcher), Mariano Gonzalez who was is substitute received orders from a person of the technicalstaff (he did'nt resemble me at all...seemed rather young and attractive).
:mrgreen:

Ain't seen that cut scene yet, but it sounds like a nice touch from Konami.

Haha man you should never buy Izamilov. He was and still is one of my fav Russian players, great player with huge potential BUT he'll never get there cuz he's more injured than Jonathan Woodgate. lol okay a bit exagerrated but that's why i'd never buy him and probably why he won't fulfill his potential ever either! :(

He's a litle bit like Zsa Zsa Gabor PLF, when he's good, he's splendid, when he's bad...he's very bad...but overall i like him...to be honest, i never looked at his injury rate...

The loss of Izmailov is a pity but not dramatic, i have other possibilities as SMf: Bonnani (king of the assist), Moutinho, Insua, Mariano Gonzalez....

But if you know that plaermo still are in the Coppa and in the UEFA Cup, it could become problematic....

Real Zaragoza vs Sporting Lisbon - Division 2, Matchday 6

Match highlights - http://www.sendspace.com/file/8enerk

A half strong Zaragoza side entertained the team one place, but five points, ahead of them in the league. Sergio Garcia kept his place in the team after impressing last time out - as did Cani and Corona. Savio, Ewerthon, Oscar and Movilla were all out of the side, and Celades came into the team. The former Galactico would be asked to look after Moutinho of Sporting, who is the jewel in a crown of a midfield. Captain Gabi Milito was also sure to have his hands full with the explosive Brazilian striker Liedson.

Whilst Garcia was playing out of position on the right wing, it didn't seem to hinder his ability, and he was to have the first chance in the opening exchanges of the match. Receiving the ball on, surprisingly, the right flank, he drifted inside of Marques, but horribly lashed his drive past Ricardo's right post. Was Garcia going to have one of those bad days again? Well, just a minute later, a brilliantly timed one-two with Milito saw the Spaniard square up, and beat, Hugo, accelerate away from Tonel, draw out Ricardo, but slide his shot past the same post as before. Despite his problems finishing, Garcia was troubling Sporting, who couldn't handle his movement and skill. Marques was beaten again, but Garcia's cross had no takers in the box.

Looking at the league table, and seeing Zaragoza behind their opponents would perhaps cause a member of the general public to say that it was a lie if they watched the opening of this match. Zaragoza were slicing Sporting apart - Cani slide a precisely weighted through ball into the path of Diego Milito, whose right footed curler was parried by Ricardo. It was a good attempt by the leading marksmen of the Spanish side, but he didn't get enough bend on the shot.

Sa Pinto then was cruelly injured by Zapater, who was attempting to avoid a counter by Sporting. The veteran creative midfielder was stretchered off, and looked to be in considerable pain.

It appears that I have seen the cut-scene Stan saw in Italy with Palermo. My memory has failed me.

Zaragoza opened the lead soon after. Milito profitted from an error at the back, and he slotted home, despite a blatant trip by Hugo on him. A well deserved finish by the on-loan star.

Zaragoza showed that they could counter attack dangerously. Sa Pinto lost the ball to Ponzio, who rolled the ball to Diego Milito. The striker spotted the smart run of Garcia, who had plenty of space as Marques had gone on the overlap to support his teammate. Garcia managed to whip in a low cross, but Celades, who made a dash from deep midfield, couldn't reach it on time. However, his pull back to Cani was so good that the playmaker had time to pull the trigger, but out of literally nowhere, Hugo blocked the shot. Lucky he did, because the shot looked to be destined for the net.

It looked to be a match where Zaragoza would dominate, but in the end not score enough - Cani's through ball was stopped by Zezinando, whose first touch was so bad that it let Milito in for a chance to score ... on his left foot. Whilst admittedly being underpressure from the Sporting holding player, the problem for the striker was that he was on his left foot ... not his right, and he hit the ball wide past the left post. All this after just 27 minutes.

Shortly after, a neat move involving Sergio Garcia picking out Cani, eventually saw Milito fire a snap shot into the arms of Ricardo. Just after this, Milito was put slid a through ball from Lafita, and the striker did well to avoid tumbling under a heavy challenge, but his left-footed shot was, again, at Ricardo. And how did Zaragoza so nearly pay. In what must have been the first time Sporting threatened, Moutinho received the ball deep in the home sides half, and whipped in a low cross. Tomane had just stolen a march on Gabi Milito, but his diving header squirmed embarrassingly wide. In fact, replays showed that it was a clear handball by the Sporting hitman. It was Sporting, and Tomane, who threatened again. When the striker actually connected with a legit header from a corner, it was only not a goal because of great defending by Ponzio on the line, and then Tomane's incompetence to finish from the rebound.

Second half, and it was Celades who forced a great fingertip save from Ricardo. A good ball from Garcia allowed Celades to have the chance to connect with a well timed header, but the Portugese custodian was in fine form. Then came a marvellous move. Sergio Garcia crossed the ball high for Lafita, who knocked the ball down to Milito. On his left foot, he shimmied, turned and unleashed a fantastic drive that left Ricardo no chance - in off the post. (great goal - a must see)

A long ball after this nearly troubled Sporting. Cani won a knockdown, and Milito fired a left-foot half volley from way out just past, and I mean just past, Ricardo's left hand post.

Sporting make a double sub - removing perhaps their best midfielder and star striker in an attempt to get back into the match

Near the end of the game, a well worked bit of keep ball for the home side presented Garcia a chance, but his shot was smartly saved by Ricardo. The poor lad had an even better chance at the end - Ricardo out of position, the ball breaks to Garcia just outside the six yard box on the right side, and he volleys it so wide that Ricardo saving it made it appear closer than it was.

Final Score
Real Zaragoza 2 (D. Milito x2)
Sporting Lisbon 0

League Standings after Matchday 6

Pichichi standings after six weeks of action in D2

May '09
Calcio Update...

dossantos.jpg

Dos Santos has the last laugh

Francileudo dos Santos bagged his first Serie A brace to sign-off Ascoli's season in style, highlighting a 2-0 victory in Florence while simultaneously sending a message to his critics.

The Brazil-born Tunisian international has been slaughtered in the Italian press for most of his first Serie A campaign, scoring just three league goals in total and only once before today, but he became the hero of Ascoli's Champions League run with a series of crucial strikes on the big European nights and appears to be hitting his stride just as the season finishes.

The first of his Tuscan double arrived via an acrobatic volley from Matteo Brighi's cross, while the second was crashed in off the crossbar from another clever Brighi assist. Dos Santos was originally signed to play off target man Sasa Bjelanovic but on recent evidence he appears to revel in a role as the lone front-man, presenting Ascoli's technical staff with a strategic headache.

Click to WATCH HIGHLIGHTS

Mirko Cudini and Ramón Morales both waved farewell to the travelling Ascoli tifosi in final substitute appearances wearing the striped shirt, with Jaime Lozano also coming off the bench. The Mexican wingback has yet to commit on his future.

Stalemates with Sampdoria and scudetto winners Milan over the past fortnight contributed to a decent end to the season for the bianconeri, lifting them to finish in ninth position despite spending most of the campaign in the bottom four. Perhaps the lack of European distraction will allow Ascoli to look further up the Serie A table next time round.

That first Dos Santos goal is a peach nerf...he will be pleased...hope for you he does better next season..

theblurry1 said:
Real Zaragoza vs Sporting Lisbon - Division 2, Matchday 6

Match highlights - http://www.sendspace.com/file/8enerk

A half strong Zaragoza side entertained the team one place, but five points, ahead of them in the league. Sergio Garcia kept his place in the team after impressing last time out - as did Cani and Corona. Savio, Ewerthon, Oscar and Movilla were all out of the side, and Celades came into the team. The former Galactico would be asked to look after Moutinho of Sporting, who is the jewel in a crown of a midfield. Captain Gabi Milito was also sure to have his hands full with the explosive Brazilian striker Liedson.

Everytime I read your posts mate there's always some fella being carried off! :)

good win though, and much needed by the looks of the table

db

Okay i've started a new ML with Auxerre, i'll write something up later to give you lot an insight of what i'm doing.

denirobob said:
Look forward to it mate. Any reason for choosing Auxerre?
Erm i choose Auxerre because they've kinda fallen of a bit...and i want to get them back to those heights when they were in the CL and everything (in the PES world)! But you'll know fully when i write something up later or maybe tommorrow, depends how i'm feeling!

denirobob said:
Everytime I read your posts mate there's always some fella being carried off! :)

good win though, and much needed by the looks of the table

db

Luckily for the team it was a member of the opposition. Some of the injuries later on are pretty bad. I don't think the table really shows how well we've done - one loss is a good, solid start, but we haven't converted enough draws to wins. Later weeks may prove to be fruitful for us.

I love the idea of the Puma Cup. Sounds excellent.

denirobob said:
Look forward to it mate. Any reason for choosing Auxerre ?

-

pumacup.jpg

RESULTS TO FOLLOW SOON......

Is this an off-season friendly cup competition? What format does it take on. Groups, KO?
My money's on Stuttgart, with Bordeaux as the dark horses.

I like the Puma sponsor/link :) Nice one.

Last edited:

Professor Nutmeg said:
Is this an off-season friendly cup competition? What format does it take on. Groups, KO?
My money's on Stuttgart, with Bordeaux as the dark horses.

I like the Puma sponsor/link :) Nice one.

Yup that's right Proff - all the Puma clubs (well those that I could think of!) have been invited to Hamburg for a tournament.

Metz are in with Stuttgart, Olympiakos, Lazio & Villarreal - tough, but they avoided the other 3 French sides. Basically the winner of each group plays in the final.

Svensson first transfer's could also be a matter of days away too!

db

denirobob said:
Svensson first transfer's could also be a matter of days away too!

db

Any Portsmouth-like player exodus? You've got quite a large squad, no?
I bet you have the odd chap on a long contract that you'd rather see released, huh ;)

I thought you might like to know, your old chum JH Ahn has found his feet at Duisburg. He impressed in the last season and he came on in an off-season friendly recently, against Ferencvaros and scored a brace to come back from 1-0 down.

Last edited:

Professor Nutmeg said:
Any Portsmouth-like player exodus? You've got quite a large squad, no?
I bet you have the odd chap on a long contract that you'd rather see released, huh ;)

I thought you might like to know, your old chum JH Ahn has found his feet at Duisburg. He impressed in the last season and he came on in an off-season friendly recently, against Ferencvaros and scored a brace to come back from 1-0 down.

hi mate

theres quite a bit of deadwood floating about, and I've gotten rid of 3 chaps on free's already, unfortantly finances dictate that it'll just be the one addition i'm afraid :(

So you using him fairly frequently then ? glad to hear he'd doing well. he seemed a nice chap, but didnt really settle in the dressing room or get to grips with Tum's practical jokes!

db

denirobob said:
hi mate

So you using him fairly frequently then ? glad to hear he'd doing well. he seemed a nice chap, but didnt really settle in the dressing room or get to grips with Tum's practical jokes!

db

Yeah he's doing well, however he's still behind Kurth and Ahanfouf in the pecking order. He's a bit of a "super sub," but i feel i ought to give him a fair run in the side. Who knows, it's a new season and i'll wait to see who'll impress and get the nod.

Nice stories and stuff happening guys. I'll soon start a Ligue 1 ML myself like SB but haven't decided who yet. I have a few in mind for different reasons.

@DB, who the hell is this guy man? I always look at your avatar with much enthusiasm knowing it's a hot different biaatch each day not some guy man :::

Let's keep the tradition! :thumbup:

PLF said:
Nice stories and stuff happening guys. I'll soon start a Ligue 1 ML myself like SB but haven't decided who yet. I have a few in mind for different reasons.

@DB, who the hell is this guy man? I always look at your avatar with much enthusiasm knowing it's a hot different biaatch each day not some guy man :::

Let's keep the tradition! :thumbup:

Hi mate

It's a chap called Brian Haw who is a permanent peace protestor outside the UK parliament, he was arrested again yesterday over the weekend, for the umpteenth time - this time for refusing to give the police one of his banners (a beautiful pink banner with large black letters which say 'Bliar War Criminal'). He's been there since June 2001, and is basically the nagging conscience of the government which is why they are doing everything they can to get rid of him/shut him up. Hmmm I love the smell of democracy in the morning.

Booty is back on the menu today however....

db

Thanks for the bit of info mate and glad to see the booty back!!

Hmmmmm.. this one is super Lovelaayy.. who is she?

Reminds me of the delicious Brooke Burke (host of Wild-on) although clearly looking different... i love this type :p

I second that emotion PLF, beautiful woman...one of your better efforts db...

preseasongames2006.gif

promentfk.jpg

Proment steps up and fires in a Puma Cup peach against Lazio - LINK

lazio.jpg

"He made a monkey out of me, but hey forgedaboudit, he's a good kid, a wiseguy in the making if you know what I mean" - Veteran Italian keeper Angelo Peruzzi, still perplexed as to the velocity and bend on Proment's shot.

Nice win against Lazio Db!

Can't write anything up today since i had a test in the morning (and another one later this afternoon) and i had to revise last night & today.

Only played one match, which was a 0-0 draw against Nantes!

August '09
Transfer Update...

gasbarroni.jpg

Gasbarroni checks in

Ascoli finally acquired a new signature at the end of a frustrating summer, with Andrea Gasbarroni arriving from Sampdoria for €5 million.

The 28 year old midfielder struggled to force his way into the reckoning at the Luigi Ferraris and spent much of the last couple of seasons out on loan in Serie B. Ascoli identified him as the man to replace Ramón Morales nontheless, with his future coach praising the the former U-21 international's "energy and enthusiasm".

This appears to spell the end of Ascoli's summer-long pursuit of half-Swiss half-Italian midfielder Davide Chiumiento, after frequently having their approaches rejected by French club Le Mans who were determined to hang on to their prize asset.

nerf said:
August '09
Transfer Update...

gasbarroni.jpg

Gasbarroni checks in

Ascoli finally acquired a new signature at the end of a frustrating summer, with Andrea Gasbarroni arriving from Sampdoria for €5 million.

The 28 year old midfielder struggled to force his way into the reckoning at the Luigi Ferraris and spent much of the last couple of seasons out on loan in Serie B. Ascoli identified him as the man to replace Ramón Morales nontheless, with his future coach praising the the former U-21 international's "energy and enthusiasm".

This appears to spell the end of Ascoli's summer-long pursuit of half-Swiss half-Italian midfielder Davide Chiumiento, after frequently having their approaches rejected by French club Le Mans who were determined to hang on to their prize asset.

5 mil, that's quite a hefty amount for Ascoli isnt it ?

did you know Chiumiento in italian means 'biscuit' and in german means 'man' ;)

db

Back
Top Bottom