PES5 ML Thread (see new PES6 thread)

Re: The All New PES5 Master League Thread.

I've stopped thinking about a new ML for the time being, now that I've got back into my Ascoli one.

I would never say no to PLFData though ;), but at the moment I feel it will be a while until I start afresh.

Stringer Bell said:
Nice picture of Julia Bond there denirobob :mryellow:

she'd leave you shaken and stirred mate.

btw nerf - the legend JM has been writing about Ascoli this week...

jamesgazzetta_mainpic.jpg

http://football.guardian.co.uk/continentalfootball/story/0,,1730424,00.html

gerd said:
PLF,

I think i will begin a new (French) ML in a couple of weeks (3 or 4 weeks).
I'm still enjoying PAlERMO a lot...the fact that i started with a team that i didn't know at all was great fun...Searching for a lesse known French team (Nancy; Troyes, Le Mans, Sochaux). There's a big chance i would opt for Sochaux (Dagano and Meghni are two players i like a lot...).
Wow 3-4 weeks? Aren't anyone of you gonna switch to WE10 when it comes out? I'm not after all this work at least I'll wait till all the patches are out.

Anyways up to you mate just wanted to tell you that if you do want to that Sochaux adventure you can get started on it in less than 3-4 days.
nerf said:
I've stopped thinking about a new ML for the time being, now that I've got back into my Ascoli one.

I would never say no to PLFData though ;), but at the moment I feel it will be a while until I start afresh.
Alright if Ascoli is keeping the fun where it should be stay a bit longer and when you do want it let me know ;)

And we know about SB's situation I guess that leaves us with DB whom I'm guessing is also in middle of a Metz ML still and busy with work n stuff too.. :p
See ya guys.

Last edited:

I only buy PES games PLF...never WE (i have a normal PS2)

PLF said:
Wow 3-4 weeks? Aren't anyone of you gonna switch to WE10 when it comes out? I'm not after all this work at least I'll wait till all the patches are out.

Anyways up to you mate just wanted to tell you that if you do want to that Sochaux adventure you can get started on it in less than 3-4 days.

Alright if Ascoli is keeping the fun where it should be stay a bit longer and when you do want it let me know ;)

And we know about SB's situation I guess that leaves us with DB whom I'm guessing is also in middle of a Metz ML still and busy with work n stuff too.. :p
See ya guys.

Hi, you must be psychic! still enough mileage in the current ML at the moment mate (update tomorrow chaps), however i'd be glad of the file for all other pes5 matches

ps - does stuff mean looking for saucy avatars ? ;)

db

SC Heerenveen signs 13-year old manager!

Today the shocking news was announced that a 13 year old kid became the manager of SC Heerenveen. They must be desperate to do that!

73739_806_1105005310229-riemer.JPG

Riemer van der Velde at the press conference:'We're delighted to announce we signed Glastra van Loon as our new manager.'

Also, the chairman thought that with his experience, he could make a team of the individuals at SC Heerenveen.

82120_806_1128167643414-bosvelt3a.jpg

Paul Bosvelt, who is 23 years older than the manager, thinks the balance should return with Glastra van loon

heerenveen_logo.jpg

The goal of the season is to promote to the First Division.

The second division table:

SC Heerenveen
FC Groningen
Djungardens IF
Rosenborg BK
Cambuur Leeuwarden (created)
Excelsior Rotterdam (created)
Club Brugge
RSC Anderlecht

We're very curious what this young manager will bring to the club.

Soccerdutchman14 said:

Today the shocking news was announced that a 13 year old kid became the manager of SC Heerenveen. They must be desperate to do that!

73739_806_1105005310229-riemer.JPG

Riemer van der Velde at the press conference:'We're delighted to announce we signed Glastra van Loon as our new manager.'

Also, the chairman thought that with his experience, he could make a team of the individuals at SC Heerenveen.

82120_806_1128167643414-bosvelt3a.jpg

Paul Bosvelt, who is 23 years older than the manager, thinks the balance should return with Glastra van loon

heerenveen_logo.jpg

The goal of the season is to promote to the First Division.

The second division table:

SC Heerenveen
FC Groningen
Djungardens IF
Rosenborg BK
Cambuur Leeuwarden (created)
Excelsior Rotterdam (created)
Club Brugge
RSC Anderlecht

We're very curious what this young manager will bring to the club.
Ok now that's some cool stuff :lmao: :lol: Looking forward to your stories. :D

Calcio Update...

bjelsamp.jpg

Sasa Samp-les Serie A Success

Sasa Bjelanovic rammed home a rebound to defeat Sampdoria in the Stadio Luigi Ferraris last night, his second goal in two matches enough to finally earn Ascoli their long overdue first victory of the league campaign.

Despite tasting success on their campaign across Europe this season, Ascoli had not enjoyed a Serie A win since May. The questionable summer revamp of the forward line has yielded an even slimmer goals tally than before, which combined with an increasingly and uncharacteristically leaky defence has left the bianconeri languishing in the bottom three as the winter break approaches.

"It is a relief", confesses Bjelanovic, currently the highest scorer at the club for the third season running. "I was starting to think it would never come, but now I think more will follow. We've done surprisingly well in the Champions League and we have to replicate that in the league now, so that we can start to climb back up the table."

The coveted win caps a mixed fortnight for Ascoli, a fortnight that started so well with a hugely professional and composed performance in Lisbon where a 1-0 scoreline dealt an unexpected blow to Benfica in Champions League Group B. That was followed, however, with yet another Serie A defeat and a midweek exit from the Coppa Italia First Round - as holders - at the hands of Reggina. December has only just dawned and already August's hopes of a third consecutive season of European qualification are looking faint.

Soccerdutchman14 said:

Hahaahahaha that's some funny $hit man!! :lmao:

KEep it up! :mrgreen:

Never thought I'd see the day SCH would sign a 13-year old :mrgreen:

Sounds like the makings of a classic soccerdutchman.

James Richardson is an absolute legend though - always has been, always will be.

I will try and post an update tomorrow - I'm well aware that I've gone AWOL lately due to work.

Due to graphical errors I've replaced Cambuur and Excelsior with CSKA and Sparta Prague, but expect a story tomorrow or the day after.

Last edited by a moderator:

US PALERMO - FENERBAHCE 3-0

67': Insua
75': Insua
92': Makinwa

MOTM: Insua

US PALERMO are still first two points ahead of Milan and 13 points ahead of Juventus.

lechampionnat2006_anderlechtmetz.gif

anderlecht_metz_s1.jpg

METZ NEWS

Troyes take the champagne off ice

2 late goals saw the home side clinch promotion against rock bottom Nancy..

tr01.jpg

tr02.jpg

tr03.jpg

tr04.jpg

tr05.jpg

...whilst a day of drama in Ligue 2 was complete, as Club Brugge overcame Caen 3-2 to ensure the party could begin for both sides.

Bruggekampioen.jpg

Last edited:

January 2009
Transfer Update...

md-i157172.jpg

Malagó to patch up Ascoli

Marco Malagó today put pen to paper on a four year contract with Ascoli, re-uniting the 29 year old defender with former Chievo team-mate Matteo Brighi.

Ascoli lie 14th in Serie A, hovering on the edge of the relegation zone with just a single victory so far. The solid back four that was the foundation for the last two years of over-achievement has been crumbling at an alarming rate, and Ascoli perhaps see Malagó as a solution to this problem. The club lost the reliable services of vice-captain Luigi Martinelli to retirement in the summer, while Mirko Cudini and Massimo De Martis are showing their age at 35 and 34 respectively.

Promising 18 year old Gabriele Marchetti had a nightmare in the defeat to Juventus last month, at fault for both Ibrahimovic goals, and is obviously not yet ready to compete at such a high level after promotion from the youth system only five months ago. Matteo Contini has had his work cut out just to steady the ship, with the lack of a regular partner not exactly helping matters.

Clearly a change was necessary, overriding Ascoli direttore generale Emidio Gaspari's usual dislike of making moves in the mid-season window, but Gaspari was quick to insist that this was no panic buy. "We noted the need for a reliable, consistent, mobile and experienced defender to add to the team. In Marco we have our man." He refused to comment, however, on the rumours that Ascoli had first failed to attract Gamberini (Fiorentina) and Stovini (Lecce) before settling on Malagó for €3.5m.

Last edited:

Malaga vs Real Zaragoza - Division 2, Matchday 5

Match Highlights - http://www.sendspace.com/file/quhn57 11mb (it is fast)

A fatigue laden first team meant that Zaragoza had to severly shuffle their pack, with a total of 10 changes from the usual starting line up. Sergio Garcia was given the chance to lead the line, and the young Spaniard definitely would have wanted to atone for his poor display in Matchday 2 against Alaves. Perhaps the extensive changes were a sign that Zaragoza didn't respect a capable Malaga side, who are on the same amount of points as their opponents.

Despite the unfamiliar line up, it was Zaragoza who started the better. Aranzabal overlapped well down the left side, and swung in a dangerous cross towards Sergio Garcia, but he was beaten in the air by Litos. Malaga had a good chance of counter attacking with Diego Castro, but Capi got across well to overt the danger.

With 10 minutes gone, Movilla picked up the ball, and drove forward. Seeing that a Malaga challenge wasn't forthcoming, the Mexican midfielder attempted to drive the ball low and hard into the goal. It was a shame then that the execution of the plan was lacking - the attempt trickled wide of Goitia's goal. Movilla would have provide the next opportunity on goal, which came a lot closer, from a long way out. A hefty challenge by Cani on Gerardo inside the Malaga player's own half led to the ball breaking loose. Movilla, near the ball, took a shot from well over 35 yards out. Unlike his last effort, this one got off the ground, and swerved viciously. To his credit, Goitia moved well to his left to tip the ball over for a corner, after initially looking like he was beaten by the audacious attempt.

Malaga began to seize possession a lot easier than at the start of the game, and a good break forward elicited an ill-timed challenge from Capi. Diego Castro stepped up from about 23 yards out. His free kick flew over the wall, and looked to be testing Valbuena, but a good bit of decision making by right back Cuartero led to the strong full-back heading the ball away before it could test his keeper.

Malaga went even closer soon after. A good run by Castro led to Zaragoza conceding a corner. The poorly-take short corner wasn't properly cleared, and when the ball fell to Antonio just outside the box, the midfielder unleashed a well placed shot that looked destined for the net, but Valbuena reacted well and parried the ball away for a corner. After a bit of a poor foul by Corona on Jesus Gamez, the Malaga full back swung in a free kick from the right hand channel. His target, lone-striker Morales, flicked the ball on well back into the box, where it appeared that the Zaragoza defenders had fallen asleep. Nacho, however, hadn't, and he struck a beautifully executed half-volley straight at Valbuena, who was frankly keeping the away side in the game. He wasn't drawn into a save late on in the first half, when a Malaga free kick was teed up for Antonio, who drove the ball over.

Early in the second half, Zaragoza managed to muster a great chance. Lafita won the ball in his own half and drove forward. He played a give and go with Garcia, and broke away from the back two of Malaga. Whilst Litos and Anderson pursued Lafita, a smart run by the Zaragoza midfielder down the right channel, followed by a neat turn and lay off found Sergio Garcia, who made up somewhat for his poor finishing in his last game by driving the low past Goitia's right hand. It was a fantastic finish from the young star, who really needed the confidence boost.

Malaga pressed forward, but always left themselves vulnerable to the counter attack. Zaragoza moved the ball well from left to right to centre, and won a free kick from 28m out. Cani stepped up and whipped the free kick over the wall, but no far enough in the corner to stop Goitia making a very good save. Movilla then pinged a solid half-volley straight at Goitia from an unfavourable angle.

Looking to change things up

What happened next was truly shocking. It appeared that the ref, under pressure from the home crowd to help level up the scores, gave a penalty to the home side, after what seemed a very innocuous challenge in the box. Former Valencia and Bolton striker Salva stepped up and rolled the ball down the middle, past an already committed Valbuena. A disgraceful bit of refereeing.

Things didn't get much better for the away side - stand-in skipper Movilla, who had a good game injured his back, and had to come off for Savio. Post match verdict on the injury was that it would keep Movilla out for 2 weeks.

Looks to me like a back strain

The game ended with Salva being denied well by Valbuena, but La Blanquillos were furious at the final whistle, and it was noticeable that Cani, who was judged to conceded the foul for the penalty, had to be restrained by coaching staff. The controversial penalty denied Zaragoza their first away win, and their bad luck seems to be continuing.

Final Score
Malaga - 1 (Salva)
Real Zaragoza - 1 (Sergio Garcia)

Last edited:

nerf said:
January 2009
Transfer Update...

md-i157172.jpg

Marco Malagó today put pen to paper on a four year contract with Ascoli, re-uniting the 29 year old defender with former Chievo team-mate Matteo Brighi.

Ascoli lie 14th in Serie A, hovering on the edge of the relegation zone with just a single victory so far. The solid back four that was the foundation for the last two years of over-achievement has been crumbling at an alarming rate, and Ascoli perhaps see Malagó as a solution to this problem. The club lost the reliable services of vice-captain Luigi Martinelli to retirement in the summer, while Mirko Cudini and Massimo De Martis are showing their age at 35 and 34 respectively.

Promising 18 year old Gabriele Marchetti had a nightmare in the defeat to Juventus last month, at fault for both Ibrahimovic goals, and is obviously not yet ready to compete at such a high level after promotion from the youth system only five months ago. Matteo Contini has had his work cut out just to steady the ship, with the lack of a regular partner not exactly helping matters.

Clearly a change was necessary, overriding Ascoli direttore generale Emidio Gaspari's usual dislike of making moves in the mid-season window, but Gaspari was quick to insist that this was no panic buy. "We noted the need for a reliable, consistent, mobile and experienced defender to add to the team. In Marco we have our man." He refused to comment, however, on the rumours that Ascoli had first failed to attract Gamberini (Fiorentina) and Stovini (Lecce) before settling on Malagó for €3.5m.
Is Marchetti a PES youth player?

I'm guessing you got creative and gave him a first name :D

-

denirobob said:
Bit of a uneventful season for you :mrgreen:

Anyways looking forward to see who your gonna bring in the summer!

Last edited:

Stringer Bell said:
Damn! Movilla got injured again! Very unlucky, but it is entertaining to see :D

It's a shame for the team because Movilla helps dictate the play and keep possession, though I did chuckle when he went down. Everytime he gets challenged I fear for him.

Jan '09
Champions League Group B Preview

campnou.jpg

Ascoli prepare for historic night

Serie A strugglers Ascoli will dare to step out into the famed Nou Camp tomorrow evening, knowing that avoiding defeat will be enough to earn them a place in the Quarter Finals of the Champions League, a fresh milestone in the modest club's history. That 3-1 win in the previous Group B fixture, at home to Benfica, leaves Ascoli unexpectedly three points ahead of powerful Barcelona in the race for second place, and the Catalans know that failure to overcome this would be a disaster. A home victory would guide the giants through on goal difference.

"Our objective is clear; we must win", Barca stalwart Carles Puyol told Marca this week. "No excuses, nothing else is acceptable. We have put ourselves in a difficult situation but it is in our hands."

Ascoli can draw hope from the goalless draw in the previous meeting, although a hostile crowd baying under the bright lights of the vast bowl is likely to stretch them further, and first they must place weak domestic form behind them. "It will be a great test of what we are made of. These are the nights you want to face as a professional", insisted Ascoli's Matteo Contini.

barcatrain.jpg

Team News...

Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard seems likely to re-instate Samuel Eto'o and Deco, neither of whom started in the draw in Ascoli, but Messi and Xavi remain injury doubts and both will face late fitness tests.

If Ascoli are to somehow qualify from a group that they were originally expected to prop up, they must do so without defender Marco Malagó and striker David Bellion. The latter stayed behind with a tweaked hamstring, while recent arrival Malagó is ineligible for this stage of the competition.

The Italians are expected to line up with five across midfield. Much maligned forward Francileudo dos Santos, who took six months to open his account in domestic competition, will probably start in the lone striker role following his two-goal renaissance against the Portuguese.

theblurry1 said:
It's a shame for the team because Movilla helps dictate the play and keep possession, though I did chuckle when he went down. Everytime he gets challenged I fear for him.
Yeah Movilla is a key player for Zaragoza and also got good shot on him with either foot plus what you already said about him so I wonder if his loss will affect the team a lot!

We'll see I guess.

nerf said:
January 2009
Transfer Update...

md-i157172.jpg

Great stuff again mate - how many games do you have left ?

db

Stringer Bell said:
I'm guessing you got creative and gave him a first name :D

-

Bit of a uneventful season for you :mrgreen:

Anyways looking forward to see who your gonna bring in the summer!

So am I!...

lechampionnat2006.gif

molinari_laughs.jpg

President Molinari laughs off Svensson sacking suggestions - LINK

Remember what happened to Paul Merson Anders!!!!
Watch out!

denirobob said:
Great stuff again mate - how many games do you have left ?
Thanks db. At the time of that signing, half the season - 15 league games. Plenty of time to turn things around (I hope).

Malagó has only played two or three matches so far but he's been a notable improvement already. He seems to have a sharpness that Cudini's 35 year old legs were lacking.

--

I think Molinari is right, Anders needs some time. How would you rate your first season db?

Back
Top Bottom