PES5 ML Thread (see new PES6 thread)

Re: The All New PES5 Master League Thread.

Stan said:
Prof you have psychic powers first you beat me with Alavas (was considering playing with them) and then with Duisburg (one of the teams i wanted to play a German Ml with)

I have good sources gerd ;)

Actually, i quite fancied Mainz originally, but how can you say no to "the zebras." As i often do before starting an ML, i play an exhibition match or two with the prospective team, to see if i like it. Ahanfouf impressed me, so i took the job.

We have similar tastes in who we want to manage.

Shame you're missing out the Eastern clubs gerd. It's good to come up against them in Europe. I was half tempted to do an ML as Lokomotiv Moscow. Nobody really uses those clubs. PAOK Saloniki in a Mediterranean division was also an idea before Alavés, way back.

Last edited:

lechampionnat2006_metzbastia.gif

metz_bastia_s1.jpg

Corsican's glady accept Gregory's gaff gift - LINK

wimbeeclunk.jpg

"It was a mistake. A mistake as big as a house" - Wimbee

Just past the halfway mark and you're slipping away i see Db. On a another note, "Here come the Belgians!" I see they're pushing for promotion.

S_V0058603.jpg

:mrgreen:

Last edited:

Professor Nutmeg said:
Actually, i quite fancied Mainz originally, We have similar tastes in who we want to manage.

I was half tempted to do an ML as Lokomotiv Moscow. Nobody really uses those clubs.

Unbelievable...Mainz and Locomotiv Moscou crossed my mind too...
I'm not sure what i will do after Palermo...
I was thinking about one of the following:
Mainz
Locomotiv
Le Mans
Troyes
Sporting Lisboa

Lokomotiv info: they've just agreed terms with and should soon sign Garry O'Connor from Hibernian (he's in the Scotland squad)

Do you like Mohamed Zidan gerd?

Dark Gallon said:
@ Wizard - Good campaign, eh? I bet that you'll win the double =D

OK, so my "training" ML with Hertha is done. Now I want something serious and a worse team. I already played too much British Premier League and Bundesliga. This time I want Serie A, Iberian League (never played a ML in these =O) or Eredivisie, but I prefer the first two.

Any suggestions on teams? I want something bad. Not the worst team of the league, something mid-end table. My main problem is the kits, I'm too picky =[

I can create teams too... perhaps bring Napoli back to glory? =P

Thanks mate, I was just getting into you Hertha campaign. Have you decided who you are going to be yet?

I will hopefully be able to get another match posted up tonight, 4 league games, the semi final second leg of the cup and possibly the cup final left to play. I am really pleased with Iachtchouk didn't think he would do as well as he has done. I would defiantly recommend him to anyone looking for a reliable striker.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Do you like Mohamed Zidan gerd?

Isn't he in the Mainz squad (loaned from Werder)???.
Never played with him...and never saw him irl...last year there was quite some talk anout him in the PES4 ML thread... i know you like him Prof..he seems to be rather tecnically gifted.

751.gif

Zebras Fashion Late Show Shocker

445553004741bvb02.jpg

Borussia Dortmund 1
Dede 45'

Duisburg 3
Kurth 68' El Kasmi 91' Heitmeier 93'OG

MSV Duisburg's sixth game of the Bundesnord Liga season produced another unexpected shock result. One week after narrowly defeating title favourites Bayern Munich at the MSV Arena, the humble "Zebras" turned over local rivals Borussia Dortmund, in what was a thrilling finale at the Westfalenstadion.

The home side had started the brighter as Duisburg looked content to stay put in their own half. Professor Nutmeg had opted to field a defensive minded midfield, anticipating Dortmund attacking threat. However, as the first half continued to yield no goals, the visitors grew in confidence as Dortmund failed to convert opportunities from open play. Indeed, it took a set piece to separate the two teams. Just seconds before the half time whistle, Dede curled in a sublime freekick from the right side of the 18 yard box, beating Duisburg's stand in keeper Sven Beuckert.

Many expected the visitors to crumble in the second 45 minutes after conceeding as they had posed no threat in the first half. On 68 minutes however, wideman Alexander Bugera threaded a defence-splitting pass through to club leading scorer, Markus Kurth. The vetran striker made no mistake, firing a tidy finish passed Dennis Gentenaar on his inside post, to register his fourth goal in six games.

The game looked all set for a 1-1 draw until the closing minutes of the game, but for what happenned next. In injury time, makeshift full back Nasir El Kasmi cut inside from the left flank. He dribbled and danced past two defenders parallel to the 18 yard box before unleashing a low howitzer of a goalbound strike that beat Gentenaar and capped a masterful solo effort.

Dortmund pushed up and vigourously chased for a quick equaliser, but in doing so, opened themselves up for the counter-attack. A long ball picked out Korean substitute Jung-Hwan Ahn who darted goalwards. His low drive found the keeper's legs and as he jumped to avoid the on-rushing custodian, the ball rebounded back off Dortmund centrback Marc Heitmeier whose unwitting touch guided the ball back towards the goal and in off the post.

It's fair to say Duisburg used both their "get out of jail" card and a season's worth of karma, to pull off this shock result away from home. The Zebras may well expect "lady luck" to not smile upon them for a while to come.

Napoli announces new manager!

75px-Napoli_Soccer_Logo.png

Today the Napoli president, Aurelio De Laurentiis, has annouced the new manager. Felippe Lacerda, who is know by previous works with Fulham and Hertha Berlin signed the contract today. The team also brought 3 players to the squad. Now in Serie B, Felippe promises another promotion soon.

The new signings are:

Zaalabane - Guinean (CBT)
Zaina - Iranian (AMF)
Sorrentino - Italian (CF)

---

www.napolifans.it

Hello, here speaks Matteo from napolifans.it. We had the opportunity to ask some questions to Lacerda, new Napoli coach who will face Cagliari tomorrow in the first game of the season.

- Hello, Felippe. My first question is short: Why Napoli?

Hi, Matteo. Well, Napoli is one of the biggest clubs in Italy, and leading it into Serie A and winning titles again is everyone's dream. I had a good offering so here I am. I'm descendent of Italians too, always wanted to live here.

- What do you think about the squad?

Well... we got some good players, and the new signings are quality too, especially Zaina who has a good view of the pitch and is fantastic at set pieces. I already discussed the reinforcements subject with the management and all I can say is that you can expect more players landing soon. The squad is small and we have some old players, but they are great and will give 110% to the team.

- What the fans can expect this year?

As I said, the team is a bit limited and our financial situation won't let we spend as much we wanted, but our team surely will be fighting for a promotion and the cup title.

- To end our interview, would you like to say something to the fans?

Well, I would like to thank all the fans for supporting me. See you guys tomorrow at the pitch!

- Thanks for your patience, Felippe.

Thank you!

Last edited:

After reading through some of your posts, I have decided to start a new Master League on 6*, with only 5000 points and the ML default players (Castolo, Ivarov etc). My team is Paris Saint Germain and I have started in Division 2 of Le Championnat. There are 4 leagues: De Bundesliga, Serie 'A', La Liga Espanola and Le Championnat. I have played 5 games. Drawn 3. Won 1. Lost the cup game 2-1. This game has come to LIFE playing with default players - much more difficult but more realistic! Wish me luck guys! :)

Logo2_PSG.jpg

Paris Saint Germain appoint Stewart as new coach

PSG have appointed Englishman Stewart as new manager after seeing their club lose all of their assets, players and being relegated a division. Stewart promises a bright future for the French capital though;
"I am confident that we can success back to the fans but we must be patient. This squad needs improving and there is a serious lack of funds here."
Stewart has probably taken up the most difficult job in French football but he seems confident that things can only improve at PSG;
"Our main objective is to get back into Le Championnat. That is where a club of this magnitude needs to be playing. This is the French capital. The fans deserve it - they have stuck by PSG through these very dark times and I want to put a smile back on their faces."

Stewart was talking to Louis Evra of The Paris News.

UEFA Champions League Qualifying Round

379936_MEDIUMLANDSCAPE.jpg

Resilient Italians Frustrate Rangers

On another intriguing night of Champions League football, Rangers dropped points at home to Ascoli to fall behind in the race for those vital qualifying places.

Ascoli sprung a surprise on the Scottish champions at kick-off. Usually arranged in a 4-1-3-2 system week after week in domestic competition, the Serie A side dropped first-choice forwards Sasa Bjelanovic and summer signing Francileudo Dos Santos in favour of a fifth midfielder, while the pacey but generally un-fancied David Bellion was given a chance as a lone attacker.

The away side started brightest and took the lead on 24 minutes, Matteo Brighi again the main protagonist as he rolled the ball square for the industrious Mattia Biso to drill a twenty-yard effort past Stefan Klos. The tactical shift had caught the hosts off balance, and despite having Barry Ferguson in strong form, Rangers would struggle throughout the ninety minutes to cope with Ascoli's numbers and energy in the middle of the park.

"It just goes to show that at this level you only have to switch off for a moment", lamented Ascoli captain Domenico Cristiano post-game, referring to their opponent's route back into the match. Rangers forced a corner early in the second half, from which Uruguayan midfielder Ruben Olivera got his head on Ferguson's in-swinger to pull his team level at 1-1. "We had defended very well to that point, but one set-piece and these teams can punish you."

Rangers were unable to turn the equaliser into any sort of momentum however, and the night appeared destined to end with honours even - until the 84th minute. Ascoli probed down the right flank, Valerio Virga fed over-lapping fullback Fabio Vignati, and his testing cross took the merest glance off Bellion's forehead to skip awkwardly up off the wet turf and bounce in via Klos' right-hand post.

The victory brings Ascoli level with favourites Fenerbahçe atop the qualifying group, whom the Italians will visit in their next fixture. Rangers must get back on track against unpredictable Deportivo if they want to rescue their hopes of qualification.

Ascoli are fabulous under your reign nerf...
Good luck to ninja and dark gallon (good idea btw Napoli).

Thanks Stan :). Glad to hear Moutinho is doing well for you, he's a player I'd like to see more of.

After a little bit of a break I had some fun matches in this ML last night, I think I'll resist the temptation to start a new one and see where Ascoli can take me.

World Cup 2010 Qualifiers - Team News

ancelotti_4_inf--200x150.jpg

Ancelotti To Brighi The Gap?

Azzurri coach Carlo Ancelotti was photographed amongst spectators at Ibrox last night, perhaps as part of preparations for the upcoming World Cup 2010 qualifier against Scotland. The former Milan man may also have been on a scouting mission to cast an eye over national team defender Matteo Contini and Ascoli teammate Matteo Brighi, according to local papers in Ascoli Piceno this morning.

This view is supported by Contini himself. "I did not know that Mr Ancelotti was in the crowd, no. But I think he will have been impressed with Matteo. He was fantastic for us again last night and is really becoming a leader on the pitch. He deserves a chance."

With Roma duo De Rossi and Aquilani both suspected injury doubts for the trip to Hampden, the door could be open for 27 year old Brighi to finally get that chance. The former U-21 midfielder's one and only senior international cap came in 2002 against Slovenia, but strong form over the last nine months, particularly evident on Ascoli's European nights, has belatedly put him back in the frame.

Stan said:
Ascoli are fabulous under your reign nerf...
Good luck to ninja and dark gallon (good idea btw Napoli).

Cheers Stan :)

I am gonna need it - it's bloody difficult on 6* with those players but I am loving the challenge.

A question: Is it likely that players will want to join me on 'frees' at the end of the season or is it quite difficult to get them to join?

Dammit - just been knocked out of the Div.2 cup. Oh well I can concentrate on trying to get promoted now.

Another question: How do I get young players to join my squad and then develop them?

Oh. my. God.

Just played against Ascoli, and won by 5x0 (sorry nerf =P). 5x0 with FIVE GOALS from Sorrentino!! :shock:

:applause:

Report soon.

Napoli - Half season report

75px-Napoli_Soccer_Logo.png

Results:

League Matches:

Napoli 3 x 0 Cagliari
Treviso 0 x 0 Napoli
Reggina 0 x 0 Napoli
Napoli 0 x 2 Empoli
Messina 1 x 0 Napoli

Ascoli 0 x 5 Napoli
Napoli 1 x 1 Olympiakos

Cup Matches:

Reggina 0 x 1 Napoli
Napoli 2 x 0 Reggina

Table:

1 Ascoli - 15 pts
2 Empoli - 12 pts

3 Messina - 12 pts
4 Reggina - 11 pts
5 Olympiakos - 10 pts
6 Napoli - 9 pts
7 Cagliari - 7 pts
8 Treviso - 4 pts

Top 3 Scorers:

1 Sorrentino - 7 goals (Napoli)
2 Vannucchi - 4 goals (Empoli)
3 Comotto - 3 goals (Ascoli)

Top 3 Assists:

1 Giampà - 3 assists (Ascoli)
2 Burchet - 2 assists (Napoli)
3 Modesto - 2 assists (Reggina)

---

sorrentino4gf.jpg

Two goals of the five:

http://rapidshare.de/files/14381386/DSCF0916.AVI.html

http://rapidshare.de/files/14381560/DSCF0917.AVI.html

Sorry about the videos stopping (and the bad quality too =O), the battery of the camera ended =[

---

The league is really difficult, lots of draws and the point difference between the teams is small. The main problem of my squad is the defenders; all they've got stamina in the 60's... they are always tired. The midfield isn't solid. The partner of Sorrentino is always shifting, a more estable option would be good too. I will be making the negotiations soon... the 5 goals from Sorrentino really helped, as it bumped my money a good bit.

Wish me luck! :)

Golasso, Malaga Seeking to Double Barca's Misery

In a pre-match interview, Golasso revealed his excitement for tomorrow's Copa del Rey final against Barca.

"We have a chance to do something very special. We were pleased to knock Barca out of the European Cup and reach the final. To beat them in the span of two weeks would be incredible."

Golasso was very vague when asked about his starting lineup. "I have six or seven penciled in, the rest will likely be decided right before kickoff. Part of what makes us a good team is that no one player feels like he is a lock to start."

Striker Keseru agreed: "I hit a hat trick last time out against Barca, and yet I may not even make the subs bench. It would be frustrating except we are winning and that is all that matters."

Malaga probable lineup (3-4-3): Juan Carlos; de Jong; Sergio Ramos, Djourou; Arquin, Useno (c), Azaougha, Affallay; Moore, McGready, Vittek -- subs: Goitia, Cesar Navas, Mitea, Anderson, Salva, Keseru.

Real Zaragoza vs Alaves - Division 2, Matchday 2

Zaragoza line up:
Cesar Sanchez; Ponzio, Alvaro, G. Milito (c), Toledo; Zapater, Celades, Cani, Savio; Ewerthon; Sergio Garcia (with a midfield three, and a three upfront, but with Savio drawn back into a LMF role - default formation under PLF data)

Alaves line up;
Costanzo; Coromina, Juanito, Pellegrino, Poli; Carpintero, Astudillo; Lacen, Nene; Antchouet, Bodipo

Three changes from the last outing by Zaragoza. Celades, Cani and Sergio Garcia came into the starting line up after impressing in training. Star man Diego Milito had picked up a knock, and was initially on the bench as a precautionary measure.

It was Garcia who had the first outstanding chance of the match. Whilst Savio had wasted two good crossing opportunities by planting the ball in Costanzo's hands, Ewerthon produced a peach of a cross that deceived the Argentine custodian, and left Sergio Garcia to head home. Unfortunately, the young star was surprised by the fault of the keeper, and proceded to head over from point blank range. The striker fell to the ground, with his head in his hands, not believing what had just happened. The next chance wouldn't be far off though - a neat move down the right side starting with Ponzio and going through Ewerthon, led to the ball falling Celades. The former Real Madrid midfield fired a shot in from 25 yards, but the shot was at Costanzo. Alaves just had no answer though - Savio broke free down the left side, and fired in a low cross shot that Costanzo could only parry. Sergio Garcia pounced on the loose ball, but his shot was charged down by Juanito.

Then came a chance that perhaps indicated that Sergio Garcia was not having a good day. Zapater's rugged play helped dispossess Lacen. Poli had pushed up on the overlap for Alaves, so Zapater fed Ewerthon, who had a free run down the left side. The Brazilian winger attacked the area, and fired in a shot that Costanzo did well to block, and the ball came off him. Sergio Garcia followed in, and whilst Pellegrino did his best to put the striker off, the young lad will be more than unhappy at missing an open goal and instead hitting the post. Further evidence to prove this theory was the cynical challenge by Pellegrino on Garcia that didn't produce a card. Whilst the Argentine centre-back wasn't the last man, he did deny Sergio Garcia a real chance to race in on goal and slot home.

The second half picked up where the first had left off. Ewerthon's pace was too much for Pellegrino, and the Brazilian raced in and saw another shot parried by Costanzo. This time, Celades managed to prevent the ball reaching Sergio Garcia by running in front of him.

Having a shocker

The problem for Zaragoza in the second half was the poor final ball. Zaragoza managed to work Ewerthon into fantastic positions, but the delivery was poor. And, in typical fashion, it was Alaves who snatched all three points. A triple substitution would begin the motion of the goal - Antchouet, Lacen and Bodipo came off for Pape Thiaw, De Lucas and Arthuro - the latter stealing in to score a header, which was a carbon copy of Anderlecht's goal in Week 1. A sucker punch for the restless home fans, who were in disbelief.

Smash and grab

A cynical challenge by De Lucas saw Savio substituted and De Lucas cautioned. Milito came on for the injured Savio, with Garcia moving to Savio's left wing position temporarily. However, try as they might, Alaves' sucker punch was too much, and in fact, had it not been for some heroic defending by Gabi Milito, Alaves could have doubled their lead as Zaragoza played 2 vs 2 at the back.

Alaves did keep posession a lot better in the second half, but again, Zaragoza will be disappointed with their inability to make the good situations count - 13 shots on goal but only 4 on target. Alaves had two on goal, and two on target. A cruel lesson for Zaragoza, who will see this home loss at La Romareda to a rival as a major blow to their campaign. Cani was the man of the match, and will be pushing to keep his place in the team at the expense of the rested Oscar, who performed well in the last game. The manager needs to do something to give La Blanquillos an edge up front.

The season hasn't started off well for the side, who must have thought that second place was a reasonable target, considering that FC Porto are in the Second Division along with some of the lesser lights. FC Porto lead the way at this early stage with maximum points. The next match for Zaragoza will definitely be a crunch tie - Benfica, who are bottom with two losses, look to put their season back on track next week against the Spanish side. It has the makings of a classic match in this division.

Final Score
Real Zaragoza 0
Alaves 1 Arthuro

Note - this is the last match without video highlights, which require an xvid codec to watch. I'm intending to upload the videos to sendspace or something like that, yousendit or filefront. Does anyone have any preference for this? Also, from the next review onwards, I am likely to ditch including real photos for screen captures from the game. If anyone thinks this is a bad idea, please say so. Oh, and trust me, the next match is a cracker.

Cheers all.

8965112566931k.jpg

Zebras Continue to Pick Up Points

MSV Duisburg have fashioned a mini unbeaten run of late. The Nordrhein-Westfalen region club have managed 4 games without a loss in the last month, registering 3 wins and 1 draw. Despite an indifferent start to the season, this spell of good form has seen them catapult up the league to fifth spot from tenth, under manager Professor Nutmeg, who is quickly becoming a fan favourite.

The last two league games saw Duisburg draw 2-2 away at Mainz where Markus Kurth was yet again on target. Duisburg claimed another big club scalp in the following week with a 2-0 victory at home to title contenders Schalke.

Critics may have to reassess their season predictions, as in this kind of form, "The Zebras" look odds on to stay up.

Db, liking today's brunette.

Last edited:

KABZE BRACE SPARES BOAS BLUSHES

hasan_kabze2_bi.jpg

A second half brace from Hasan Kabze spared Boavista from defeat

Boavista%20badge.jpg
2 – 1
nec_nijmegen.png

Manager Zakk Stevens ringed the chances ahead of the top versus bottom clash against NEC Nijmegen. Milos Ninkovic, El Mourabet, Jorge Ribeiro and Elton all were rested and Potenza, Kucera, Polacek and Hasan Kabze were brought in to replace them.

Line Up (3-5-2) Carini- Potenza, J. Costa (C), Kucera – Edgard Gnoleba Loue, Polacek, Bruno Aguiar, J. Pereira, Nene – H. Kabze, and Iachtchouk.

Boavista came out like a house on fire with Hasan Kabze coming close in the first 5 minutes with a stabbed effort after some lovely work down the right by Joao Pereira. On fifteen minutes disaster struck for Stevens’s team after Denneboom somehow managed to elude the Boavista defense and power in a great left footed strike. The goal was completely against the run of play and NECs first real spell of possession. It was a good ten minutes before it really sunk in to the Boavista players that they were a goal down and unless they booked their ideas up they was at risk of going down even more. Potenza seemed the first to realize this as he powered his way through the heart of the NEC midfield before he was taken down by Leiwakabessy. Bruno Aguiar came across to take the free kick which was more like a corner than a free kick as it was right on the touchline, Aguiar floated a ball into the box but Hasan Kabze couldn’t direct his header goal wards. On 32 minutes Boavista must have been counting their lucky stars they were only one goal down as Denneboom saw his header strike the crossbar. With Carini routed to the spot should the header have been a couple of inches lower Boavista would have been in serious trouble.

Boavista started the second half brightly playing mostly in NECs half but still were failing to mount any real threat on their opponents’ goal. On 56 minutes Stevens will have been wondering how on earth his side wasn’t level. After receiving a magnificent trough ball from Kucera, Nene crossed in a great ball to the unmarked Hasan Kabze but Kabze somehow managed to get the ball stuck under his feet and when his shot did come it was high, wide and anything but handsome. Ten minutes later Stevens must have been thinking what he had done wrong as the inform Oleg Iachtchouk was clean through but scuffed his shot so much it ended up going across the 18 yard box. Then on 72 minutes Boavistas luck changed for the better as Hasan Kabze was first to react after Babos could only parry Iachtchouks curling effort, Kabze made no mistake about blasting the rebound into the NEC goal. Just 8 minutes later Boavista took the lead. After a terrible throw by Babos fell to Aguiars feet he played in a first time ball through to Kabze who calmly chipped the ball over the onrushing keeper as if they were 5 nil up. It was no more than Boavista deserved after bombarding NEC for the whole of the second half.

After the game Zakk Stevens had this to say “I feel we deserved the win, we were the better team in every department and we didn’t even play to the best of our abilities. Every one knows that only a truly great team can still win even when they play poorly.” Second half hero Hazan Kabze had this to say “I’m very pleased to have scored two goals but I am just happy we got the three points and are now that little bit nearer to promotion.”

The win sees Boavista stay first in the league and NEC stay last. Atletico Osasuna were able to defeat fellow promotion chasers Bilbao to stay joint first.

Fixture 11 results
AZ Alkmaar 1 – 0 FC Utrecht
SC Heerenveen 0 – 3 Real Betis
Boavista 2 -1 NEC Nijmegen
Athletic Club Bilbao 1 – 3 Atletico Osasuna

Mediterranean Division 2 Top 5
Boavista 22
Atletico Osasuna 22
Athletic Club Bilbao 19
AZ Alkmaar 18
Real Betis 16
FC Utrecht 14
SC Heerenveen 8
NEC Nijmegen 7

Top Scorers
O. Iachtchouk 6
S. Arveladze 5
G. Fernandez 5

Funds – 8939
Salary - 8757

Iachtchouk seems to be doing the business for you so far this season. Looks promising for promotion this season too. Good read there.

Back
Top Bottom