PES5 ML Thread (see new PES6 thread)

Re: The All New PES5 Master League Thread.

Yep someone like C. Lucarelli who will get you the goals now rather than later IF he comes would be good although he might be expensive.

Regarding file mate, let's not talk about it here as everything has its place and this isn't the place for it. If you want news or updates on that you know where to check. ;)

And no problem about the help, you're more than welcome. Hope you can avoid the Game over screen.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

US PALERMO LOOSE AWAY MATCH BUT ARE IN COPPA SEMI-FINALS:

Sampdoria - US PALERMO 3-2

(5' Bonnani, 39' Boriello, 55' Bouchouari (pk), 82' Flacchi, 92' Flacchi)
MOTM: Flacchi
Palermo are through after their 2-1 win in the home leg.
Fantastic match of new recruit Moutinho who is superb in his passing.
Man of the match Flacchi scored his third and fourth goal against Palermo this season.
Gerd DK was heard saying he is pretty impressed by this player...

OLEG IACHTCHOUCK ISSUES 'COME GET ME' PLEA

24484.jpg

Anderlechts Ukrainian-turned-Belgian forward Oleg Iachtchouck has told a Ukrainian paper that he hates life at Anderlecht.

Iachtchouck is quoted to have told a journalist from Komanda "Life at Anderlecht is terrible and I hope that another team will come and buy me out of this dump." when he was asked if he had put in a transfer request at the Constant Vanden Stock Stadium he said "I have not put in a formal request but I am now asking any team to come and get me, I would rather play on the park with my friends that at Anderlecht"

The remarks didn't go down well with the Anderlecht supporters who have stood by him regardless of his injury riddled time in Belgium. One angered supported told us "Oleg is a traitor we have stood by him while he as been injured and this is how he repays us, he has now completely lost the respect of all Anderlecht supporters." It wasn't only the fans who were outraged by the comments made, Anderlechts president Roger Vanden Stock had this to say "We are surprised and shocked by the comments made by Oleg we have all stuck by him through his tough time at the club and remarks like his are unacceptable and unfair. We feel that he has handled this all the wrong way if he had come to me and asked for a transfer we could have had a chat and dealt with the problem internally. He thought it would be better to broadcast it to the world and make us look bad. Oleg will now be placed on the transfer list and we are willing to listen to any offers."

The 28 year old who has recently undergone surgery on damaged knee ligaments has a fine goal scoring record at Anderlecht scoring 51 times in 106 appearances.

Real Betis are leading the race for his signature although it is believed Portuguese strugglers Boavista are also interested in securing the services of the 28 year old.

Hertha Crisis?

85px-Hertha_bsc_berlin.gif

After two great wins in weeks 10 and 11 (3x0 against FC Nürnberg and 4x0 against Schalke 04), the Die Alte Dame went into a bad run. With two draws against Wolfsburg (league and cup), one home defeat to Leverkusen and a away defeat to Bayern Munich, things got tense over the Olympiastadion.

Rumours imply that the coach Lacerda is pretty unhappy with the situation and had some serious discussions with players and club managers. One of the reasons could be the BSC poor attack, which just scored 12 times in 14 games. The turkish striker Necati Ates was linked with the club, as he could provide the much needed firepower.

The team currently sits at 6th in the Bundesliga, behind Bayern Munich, Hannover 96, VfB Stuttgart, Bayern Leverkusen and Hamburger SV. The next match is at the Olympiastadion against FC Köln.

PANTHERS POUNCE TO SEAL IACHTCHOUCK SWOOP

badge-boavista.gif

BOAVISTA have today issued a statement confirming that troubled Ukrainian hit man Oleg Iachtchouch has joined them on 1 year contract with Argentine striker Nicolas Frutos going in the other direction. If Boavista manage to get promoted it is rumoured that Oleg will then sign a long term contract extension.

Oleg, who earlier in the week spoke of his torrid time in Belgium and was heavily linked with fellow division 2 strugglers Real Betis had this to say about his move to the Estádio do Bessa "I am thrilled to be here at a great club like Boavista. It is the perfect chance for me to prove myself and also to help the club achieve their full potential."

Boavista boss Zakk Stevens who has been criticized for just about everything by the Axadrezados faithful since joining the Porto based club last July told the clubs official website " I am delighted to have signed such a great player. Hopefully he can help us climb out of this division and to where we belong which is in division 1."

It wasn't only the fans who had a dig at Stevens’s managerial skills, recently departed Nicolas Frutos told a local newspaper that Stevens was the reason behind him leaving for Anderlecht "He has no control over the players, his team talks make no sense and since his arrival the training has been a joke. I do not think that while he is in the dugout at the Estádio do Bessa Boavista will ever make it out of that division."

It has also been rumored that there is massive financial problems at the club and they are on the brink of liquidation and when you take into consideration that 8 players have recently been released and the clubs chairman has refused to comment when asked about it during a press conference there is no wonder that people doubt the clubs financial security.

Boavista currently sit 5th in the Mediterranean 2nd division but are only 1 point behind league leaders Utrecht.

Mediterranean Division 2 Top 5

FC Utrecht 13
Atletico Osasuna 13
AZ Alkmaar 12
Athletic Club Bilbao 12
BOAVISTA 12

(For anyone interested I am currently half way through my second season with boavista. I haven’t made them I just started an original team ML and decided to be them because I liked their home shirt :p. So far this season i have won 3 drawn 3 and lost only 1. I have although only managed to score 6 times 2 of which were penalties. My financial status is abit better now, I have 5079 points and my team salary is 8757. I recon about 4 wins out of my ten remaining games should just about keep me afloat. Fingers crossed)

Last edited:

BOAVISTA CRUISE TO VICTORY AT THE ALKMAARDER HOUT

az_alkmaar.gif
0 – 4
Boavista%20badge.jpg

Line Up (3-5-2). Carini – El Mourabet, J. Costa (C), J.Ribeiro – Loue, Ederson (Ninkovic 82’), Bruno Aguiar, J. Pereira (Rammel 82’), Nene – Elton (Kabze 64’), Iachtchouk

Boavista were eager to take 3 points back with them to Portugal. It was a scrappy start with 4 fouls in the first 12 minutes and neither side looked threatening. After 16 minutes of uneventful football Bruno Aguiar latched onto a one two with Pereira and was clean through on goal, just as he was about to pull the trigger he was tripped from behind by De Cler but for some reason the referee ignored the angered Boavistas players requests for a penalty. Ten minutes later Koevermans had a free header from 6 yards which he somehow managed to recherché of the post and into Carinis arms. After AZ failed to clear a long ball Iachtchouk hit a snapshot which went fizzing over the bar.

With only 5 minutes of the second half played Nene sprinted up the left touch line and whipped in a low hard cross which Iachtchouk managed to stab into the back of the net causing an eruption behind the AZ goal. Then on 69 minutes there was another eruption behind the AZ goal as substitute Hasan Kabze who had only been on the pitch 5 minutes read a short goal kick and rounded a helpless Timmer to double Boavistas lead. On 85 minutes substitute Ninkovic added a third, after some excellent play from Iachtchouk he unleashed a rocket which hit the post and Ninkovic was there to fire home the rebound. 2 minutes into injury time Iachtchouk capped off one of the most dominating performances of the season as he tapped the ball past the stranded Timmer to complete the rout.

Boavista manager Zakk Stevens had this to say on his teams performance “Some people are surprised at the result but not me, I know and our fans know we can perform like this week in and week out and that is why it has been frustrating to see us throw away points in games we should be winning as easily as this one.” When asked about what he thought of Oleg Iachtchouks man of the match winning debut he said it was “the perfect debut.”

The win sees Boavista rocket to 2nd in the table.

Fixture 8 results
Athletic Club Bilbao 2 – 1 NEC Nijmegen
SC Heerenveen 0 – 2 Atletico Osasuna
AZ Alkmaar 0 – 4 Boavista
FC Utrecht 0 – 2 Real Betis

Atletico Osasuna 16
Boavista 15
Athletic Club Bilbao 15
FC Utrecht 13
AZ Alkmaar 12
Real Betis 10
NEC Nijmegen 7
SC Heerenveen 4

Last edited:

Hertha reforced!

After another drawing (1x1), this time against FC Köln, Hertha Berlin finished the first part of the Bundesliga in 6th.

In the negotiations period, the club picked some players:

IN

trochowski34tp.jpg

Trochowski
AMF
German
Loaned from Hamburger SV
21 years.
Hot prospect.

necati-ates.jpg

Necati Ates
CF
Turkish
Salary: 362
Transfer: 2500
25 years.
Quick striker.

Duda
SMF
Portuguese
Salary: 404
Transfer: 3000
25 years.
Great crosser and free kick taker.

---

OUT
None.

---

Hertha will start the second part of the season this way:

Code:
------------------Tremmel-------------------
--------------------------------------------
-Friedrich-----Madlung----Simunic----Fathi--
-------------------Chahed-------------------
---K.P.Boateng-----------------------Duda---
-------------------Basturk------------------
-----------------------------Marcelinho-----
----------NecatiAtes------------------------

Turkish Magic!!

290778_MEDIUMSQUARE.jpg

Hertha new signing Necati Ates (or "Necates", as nicknamed by the supporters) dribbling.

Hertha BSC Berlin 3 x 0 Borussia M'gladbach

Goals:

Necati Ates '10 '75
Fathi '41

The game started with the Die Alte Dame already attacking. The Borussia goalkeeper was making good saves, until '10 when Duda, after passing past two players, launched a great through ball founding Ates who ellegantly netted it with the side of his left foot.

20 minutes later, Fathi scored an amazing goal from outside the box. At '75 Necati scored again with a little chip over the Die Fohlen keeper. End of game, 3x0 to the blues.

The supporters of the club are already praising Lacerda for his signings. "Necati and Duda are quality" said one of them. He completed: "We hope that they can help us going up at the table, guaranteeing us a place in Champions League".

The manager Lacerda said: "The Bundesliga trophy is out of touch for us, so now we should focus on classifying to the Champions League. As we were knocked early of the Div. 1 Cup, our team will be less tired than the others, and we need to use this as an advantage."

---

I'm very happy with the signings. Necati is just what I was looking for. Good at shooting, quick and has a good balance.

Duda is amazing too. He's like a "poor" Beckham, except left footed. Amazing at long balls, crosses, FK's and passing. Great vision of the game and can mark too. He also has Middle Shooting ability.

Gotta love when you find those hidden gems :)

Trochowski entered in the final 10 minutes, so I can't say anything about him. Looks class though.

Last edited:

Still doesn't have any idea when you'll end your option file and will start a ML in PES5, PLF? Already have any team in mind?

Yeah I have some teams in mind mate but one thing I know for sure is that once it's done and all 6 leagues are playable in each team, I will definately enjoy my efforts in each league including Dutch even by doing an ML in each country.

So that's 6 ML's I will do with file at least when it's done ;)

That I know for sure but regarding which teams in each, it depends on what sorta challenge I'm looking for when I do them and have a couple in mind but haven't decided on anything yet.

Good to see this thread still going strong.

Will be back with some of my stuff soon...i think i've made up my who i'll be now (after deciding not to play with Auxerre).

BOAVISTA HELD BY STUBBORN HEERENVEEN

all.jpg

Pereira, Iachtchouk and Elton celebrate Boas equalizer

badge-boavista.gif
2-2
heerenveen_crest.gif

Line Up (3-5-2). Carini – El Mourabet, J. Costa (C), J.Ribeiro – Loue, Ederson, Bruno Aguiar, J. Pereira, Nene – Elton, Iachtchouk

Boavista manager Zakk Stevens was able to name an unchanged line up after their comfortable win against AZ for their clash with SC Heerenveen who currently prop up division 2 with only 4 points.

The game started as most imagined it to with Boavista having all the possession in the opening ten minutes and up until the 25th minute there wasn’t one shot to speak of and when a shot finally did come it was Heerenveens Ugur Yildirim who the chance fell to but he could only manage to fire his effort well wide. Then on 35 minutes Iachtchouk received a high ball which he held up until Nene had overlapped him down the left hand side he then played the ball into Nenes path who returned the favor giving it back to Iachtchouk who powered his shot past Vandenbussche to give Boavista a well deserved lead and Iachtchouk his third goal in two games. 5 minutes later and just before the break Heerenveen scored the leveler and it was Steur who gave them it with a cool finish past Carini after he found himself clean through as a result of a perfect through ball by Kissi.

Whatever was said in the Heerenveen dressing room at half time must have been inspiring because ten minutes into the second half Steur gave the visitors the lead and it was no more than they deserved. Boavista were given no time on the ball when in possession and the Heerenveen pressure caused a mistake as Boavistas center backs got into a mix up which ended up with neither of them clearing a loose ball which left Steur 1 on 1 with Carini and once again Steur found the back of the net. On 66 minutes Boavista had a golden opportunity to tie the game when Iachtchouk found himself in front of goal but his effort was parried out for a corner by Vandenbussche. Bruno Aguiar went over to take the corner which wasn’t cleared by Heerenveen and the ball found its way to an unmarked Iachtchouk who confidently slotted his shot past a stranded Vandenbussche to level things up.

With 25 minutes left Stevens sensed the opportunity to steal all three points and made a change bringing off Brazilian attacker Elton for the exciting Turkish front man Hasan Kabze who netted in the rout at AZ after being brought on as a sub. Although it was Heerenveen who had the chance to go in front after a defense splitting through pass found its way to Steur but just as he was about to pull the trigger the Boavista skipper appeared from nowhere to muscle the Heerenveen front man off the ball and hoof the ball up field. On the 89th minute after a slick passing move Vandenbussche was called into action to punch clear a powerful drive from the versatile Serbian midfielder Milos Ninkovic which if it had gone in would have undoubtedly won Boa the game. With the last kick off the game Oleg Iachtchouk could have won the game for Boavista but he saw his effort brush over the bar.

After the match Zakk Stevens had this to say “I am disappointed that we could only manage a draw. I felt as if we didn’t really play to our full potential today and that has been our problem all season, inconsistency. We will be working hard to stop the two soft goals we conceded today happening again and costing us more points.” Man of the Match Oleg Iachtchouk had this to say about his teams performance “I feel that we could have won the game and that we deserved the three points. I am very happy with my first two games at the club and I am enjoying my life in Portugal.”

Despite only drawing Boavista stayed 2nd in the league and are now 3 points behind league leader Osasuna.

Fixture 9 results
Real Betis 1 – 2 Atletico Osasuna
NEC Nijmegen 2 – 3 AZ Alkmaar
Boavista 2 – 2 Heerenveen
Athletic Club Bilbao 1 -1 FC Utrecht

Atletico Osasuna 19
Boavista 16
Athletic Club Bilbao 16
AZ Alkmaar 15
FC Utrecht 14
Real Betis 10
NEC Nijmegen 7
SC Heerenveen 5

Funds-6399
Salary-8757

US PALERMO - Galatasaray 1-0
(33' Cavenaghi)
MOTM: Cavenaghi

Spectacular match between two very offensive teams.
Both teams had lots of chances but their goalkeepers played a great match.
In the 33th minute Moutinho set up a nive movement with Insua that led to the only goal of the match by Fernando Cavenaghi (his seventh goal of the season).

In the second half Moutinho was denied the goal of the season by a fantastic Mondragon save. Moutinho took a rebound far outside the box and performed a fantastic volley. But Mondragons' save was even more sensational.
New recruit Moutinho is turning fast into the fans' favourite after a couple of splendid performances.

Real Zaragoza vs Anderlecht - Master League Division 2, Matchday 1

Zaragoza line up:
Cesar Sanchez; Ponzio, Alvaro, G. Milito (c), Toledo; Zapater, Movilla, Oscar, Savio; Ewerthon; D. Milito (with a midfield three, and a three upfront, but with Savio drawn back into a LMF role - default formation under PLF data, you'll see later on when I do more updates)

Anderlecht line up:
Proto; Zewlakow, Kompany, Tihinen, Ehret; Baseggio, Vanderhaeghe; Mitu, Zetterberg; M. Mpenza, Serhat Akin.

Zaragoza started out brightly, carving out a total of six chances on goal. By far, Diego Milito proved to be a potent threat of the Spanish side, causing Tihinen and Kompany many problems with his pace and direct approach. Former Borussia Dortmund star Ewerthon probed effectively down the left hand side. The best chance of the half actually fell to Movilla, who made a late dash from midfield to support Milito. The on-loan front-man held the ball up and laid it off to the midfielder, who blazed over when it was easier to hit the target.

Anderlecht, for their part, lacked any real presence going forward, and failed to trouble Alvaro and Gabi Milito. Anderlecht failed to register one shot on goal in the first half, and this was probably down to Zaragoza having the lions share of possession - 59% of it was with the Spanish side. However, Serhat was chasing down the centre backs well, but he had little support from the midfield, who were feeling that an away point would be beneficial to Anderlecht's promotion aspirations.

The second half saw the Belgian outfit come out with a little more fire. Mbo Mpenza began to trouble Toledo, who needed the help of his captain to help him cover the threat. Zaragoza wasted a great opportunity from a corner. Savio swung a ball away from the keeper, but D. Milito headed marginally wide of the post. It was to prove a costly miss, as Anderlecht would take the lead. Anderlecht made three substitutions - Lovre, Iachtchouk and Hasi on for Zetterberg, Serhat and Vanderhaeghe. Almost immediately, Iachtchouk headed home from a Lovre centre. The substitute striker profitted from an aberration by Alvaro, who got caught under the ball.

The Ukrainian opens the lead for the Belgian side

This was harsh on the Spanish side, who had dominated the game. However, they immediately struck back. Ewerthon was felled by Tihinen, who received a yellow card for his trouble.

Costly mistake?

Diego Milito stepped up and rolled the resulting penalty down the centre, past Proto.

The on-loan Argentinian celebrates the equaliser

It was Milito who nearly stole all three points for Zaragoza at the death. Milito fired a shot just over from 8 yards after a beautiful flowing move involving Toledo, Savio and Movilla.

The man of the match was Oscar, who was efficient with his passing, and provided great support for Milito up top. Zaragoza will feel disappointed with the result - they had 57% of possession in the whole match, and had 10 shots on goal, but Anderlecht salvaged a valuable away point with just two shots on goal.

Star man

Final score

Real Zaragoza 1 (Diego Milito pen)
Anderlecht 1 (Iachtchouk)

(It is my first attempt at something like this, so I know that it is nowhere near the quality of some of the ML stories in here, but I think my season will be interesting, and I've managed to actually produce highlight videos for the next few games.)

ON FORM BOAVISTA EASE PAST POOR OSASUNA

268137_MEDIUMLANDSCAPE.jpg

Boavistas Elton winning a header against a poor Osasuna defence

Boavista%20badge.jpg
2 – 0
18.jpg

Boavista manager Zakk Stevens made 3 changes to his league cup team by giving starts to versatile Serbian midfielder Milos Ninkovic, the hard working defensive midfielder Tomas Polacek and talented Italian centre back Alessandro Potenza. Brazilian midfield duo Nene and Ederson made was as did Edgard Gnoleba Loue the Ivorian Coast defensive midfielder.

Line Up (3-5-2) Carini- El Mourabet, J. Costa (C), Potenza – Polacek, Ninkovic, Bruno Aguiar, J. Pereira, J. Ribeiro (Rammel 89’) – Elton (Hazan Kabze 89’), Iachtchouk (Varela 89’).

This was a preview of the top of the table clash between these two sides next week and although these two sides currently are leading the division they started like a bunch of school boys, with both sides guilty of being poor in possession. After 16 minutes we got the first shot of the match which was only a week effort by Osasuna striker Webo which was no trouble for Carini. 11 minutes later the game had its second shot although it wasn’t much better than the first, Oleg Iachtchouk couldn’t manage to direct his header goal wards and it flew harmlessly wide of Ricardo Lopez’s net. But then 4 minutes later the game finally picked up as J.Ribeiro who was starting on the left hand side of midfield play Oleg Iachtchouk clean through and he effortlessly stuck the ball out of Lopez’s reach to give Boavista the lead, it was Iachtchouks 5th goal in only 3 games for Boa. From then until the half time whistle it was all Boavista but they just seemed content to pass the ball around not threatening the Osasuna goal.

We had only had two minutes of the second half before the next goal and once again it went Boavistas way, this time Milos Ninkovic was the scorer after picked the ball up on the half way line he powered through the heart of the Osasuna midfield and let loose a rocket which flew into the top corner from at least 30 yards out. After the goal the tempo of the game dropped and both side seemed content with the game as it was. Boavista could though have added a third but Brazilian forward Elton could only manage to pull his shot just outside the post after a nice through ball by his strike partner Iachtchouk. Moha had Osasunas best chance of the game but his effort did nothing to force a save out of Carini with his long range effort flying harmlessly over.

After the game the Boavista manager had this to say “I am thrilled with the victory as it not only puts us in a great position to advance to the final but I believe it also gives us the physiological advantage over Osasuna going into next weeks big game.”

The win puts Boavista in a comfortable position to advance to the final.

Funds – 7239
Salary - 8757

Looking forward to see how your ML turns out theblurry1

PANTHERS MAUL HELPLESS OSASUNA

GM2006011500290405__Javier-Aguirre_2006011500290416xm1.jpg

Osasuna coach Javier Aguirre leaves before the final whistle

18.jpg
0 – 3
Boavista%20badge.jpg

Boavista manager Zakk Stevens brought back midfield duo Edgard Gnoleba Loue and Nene but left out Ederson and gave his starting spot to the ever impressive Milos Ninkovic, Potenza and Polacek returned to the bench.

Line Up (3-5-2) Carini- El Mourabet, J. Costa (C), J.Ribeiro – Edgard Gnoleba Loue, Ninkovic, Bruno Aguiar, J. Pereira, Nene – Elton, and Iachtchouk.

This match could possibly be the single most important mach of the title race and for the first 15 minutes both sides looks cautious of going too far forward and were trying to feel each other out. Webo was the first player who dared to shoot but his hopeful effort caused Carini no problems in the Boavista goal. Again on 23 minutes Webo had another effort this time it called Carini into action but he could only parry Webos powerful effort and the ball fell to Delportes who headed the ball goal wards but like every good defender should do Jorge Costa stayed on the line and was there to head the ball to safety. It took 44 minutes for Boavista to have a shot on goal and when it did it was the inform Oleg Iachtchouk who it fell to but he couldn’t manage to steer Nenes low cross towards goal.

After a first half mostly played in the midfield and never really being in the Osasuna half the start of the second half must have been a shock to the Osasuna players who found themselves under constant pressure from Boavista, then after ten minutes of this the Osasuna defense cracked as Oleg Iachtchouk turned his defender as if he wasn’t even there and then powered a left footed shot into Ricardo Lopez’s goal giving the Osasuna shot stopped no chance and Boavista a 1 goal lead. After that the game fizzled out but on 72 minutes Boavista sprung into life, when Iachtchouks effort was pushed around the post for a corner kick. Ricardo Lopez wasn’t as lucky second time round as Nene converted a free header past Lopez to double Boavistas lead but Jorge Ribeiro had to take some of the credit for a pin point delivery. Just 5 minutes later Boavista again added to their lead as Oleg Iachtchouk found himself clean through after a defense splitting ball from Nene and the Ukrainian had no problem rounding a helpless Ricardo Lopez to put the game completely out of the reach of Osasuna who had been terrible all day and were lucky to be only 3 goals down.

Boavista manager Zakk Stevens had this to say post match “I am not at all shocked that we won as comfortably as we did, I had full belief in my players and most of all they had belief in theirselfs. We have done all we can do, we now just need to keep winning and getting points and hope that Osasuna slip up.” Man of the Match Oleg Iachtchouk added this “I am delighted that we won the game and I am also very happy to have helped us achieve that by scoring two goals. It is up to us now to keep on winning no matter what anyone else does.”

That win sees Boavista goal top of the league on goal difference and it also sees Osasuna slip to third with Bilbao now sitting in second.

Fixture 10 results
FC Utrecht 1 – 2 SC Heerenveen
AZ Alkmaar 1 – 2 Athletic Club Bilbao
Atletico Osasuna 0 – 3 Boavista
NEC Nijmegen 0 – 1 Real Beits

Boavista 19
Athletic Club Bilbao 19
Atletico Osasuna 19
AZ Alkmaar 15
FC Utrecht 14
Real Betis 13
SC Heerenveen 8
NEC Nijmegen 7

Top Scorers
O. Iachtchouk 6
S. Arveladze 5
G. Fernandez 5

Funds – 8099
Salary - 8757

theblurry1 said:
(It is my first attempt at something like this, so I know that it is nowhere near the quality of some of the ML stories in here, but I think my season will be interesting, and I've managed to actually produce highlight videos for the next few games.)
I think you've started out this story quite well man.

I don't think the quality is bad or avg either, it's much better than my first stories and probably still is miles ahead than my "writing" if I tried to write long intersting stories.

Looking forward to reading more about it and sure the video highlights makes it even better ;)

Some great stuff over there, Wizard, The Blurry and Stan. :)

I'm also waiting for your stories, LaAm.

Last edited:

im looking for a good GK since my trusty Van Der Sar is retiring, any reccomendations?
preferbly tall and has 1 on 1 special ability

JORGE COSTA “WE CAN DO THE DOUBLE”

jorge_costa.jpg

Days after Boavistas cup and league victories over Atletico Osasuna the Boavista skipper Jorge Costa or 'The Tank' as he is nicknamed has told a local newspaper that he believes his side have what it takes to do the double.

When Costa was asked where he expects Boavista to be at the end of the season he said “I expect us to have two more trophies in our cabinet and be looked forward to life in division 1. We have the belief in ourselves that we can do the double and get out of this league.”

“We have all the right ingredients needed for promotion and for cup success, we have the best defense in the league having conceded only 5 goals all season and we have the best attack in the league scoring 17 goals. We now also have without a doubt the best striker in the league in Oleg [Iachtchouk] who has scored 6 goals since his arrival.He is able to turn defenders like they are not even there and he can find the target from anywhere on the pitch.”

When asked to comment on Zakk Stevens’s managerial skills and the recent criticism of them by former striker Nicolas Frutos he said “Zakk is a very skilled manager, he has got the backing and respect of all the team and we are sure that under him we will achieve great things. I would rather not comment on what Nicolas has said we just have to ignore things like that and get on and play our football.”

Boavista currently sit 1st in the Mediterranean Second division on equal points with Athletic Club Bilbao and Atletico Osasuna. They face NEC Nijmegen next week in the league then it’s a trip to Osasuna in the semi final second round of the league cup which Boavista lead 2 nil on aggregate. After that its 3 league games that could either mean another year in the second division or promotion to the first division and I have a feeling they will be aiming for the latter.

@ Wizard - Good campaign, eh? I bet that you'll win the double =D

OK, so my "training" ML with Hertha is done. Now I want something serious and a worse team. I already played too much British Premier League and Bundesliga. This time I want Serie A, Iberian League (never played a ML in these =O) or Eredivisie, but I prefer the first two.

Any suggestions on teams? I want something bad. Not the worst team of the league, something mid-end table. My main problem is the kits, I'm too picky =[

I can create teams too... perhaps bring Napoli back to glory? =P

Some suggestions:

In Spain: Real Sociedad - Sevilla - Getafe (or if you do an Iberican division you can play with a Portugese team: Sporting Lisboa for instance)

Italy: i play a fascinating ML with US Palermo - others: Empoli - Messina - Lazio - Reggina

I've got another ML up and running recently. I've headed over to Germany, a place where i had 5 successful years with Hertha Berlin back in PES3. This time however, the surroundings are quite different, as i've headed west and taken charge of "the Zebras," that's MSV Duisburg.

I've gone straight into the First Division of the Bundesnord Liga, therefore not allowing myself to build up the squad in Div2, if you know what i mean. I thought i'd try and take on the big boys with what i've got (an idea i'll use again the default ML players one day). I've inherited quite an ageing, mediocre side, with little strength in depth and it's been reflected in the erratic results so far (see below). But i'm playing with no pressure and enjoying it.

At this stage my star players seem to be 32 year old striker Markus Kurth and strike partner Abdelaziz Ahanfouf, who's showing some good technique in the final third. My defence however, is woeful.

751.gif

Results so far:

Arminia Bielefeld 0 - 1 Duisburg (it started brightly)
Duisburg 0 - 2 Werder Bremen (outclassed at home)
Duisburg 2 - 2 Nürnberg (lost a 2-0 lead)
Eintracht Franfurt 3 - 0 Duisburg (outplayed and trounced, we didn't turn up)
Duisburg 3 - 2 Bayern Munich (what an upset this was!)

Current league position: 10th

Dark Gallon said:
I'm also waiting for your stories, LaAm.
:mrgreen:

Dark Gallon said:
OK, so my "training" ML with Hertha is done. Now I want something serious and a worse team. I already played too much British Premier League and Bundesliga. This time I want Serie A, Iberian League (never played a ML in these =O) or Eredivisie, but I prefer the first two.
Hey Dark Gallon you should start a new ML in the Eredivisie and put six mid table German teams into the mix. I'll say start with a team like Vitesse or Roda..something along those lines.

Last edited:

Professor Nutmeg said:
I've got another ML up and running recently. I've headed over to Germany, a place where i had 5 successful years with Hertha Berlin back in PES3.
Hi Prof, hope you enjoy your new ML.

I'm currently having idle thoughts about starting a new one myself. I'm not sure yet whether to start one now, or persevere with Ascoli until PLFData is finished... but that could be a while, so I haven't decided yet.

Anyway, regardless, Germany is somewhere I might be interested in. I haven't played against German teams since my De Graafschap ML and that was only a handful of them. However, because there's only 18(?) German teams in the game, I'm not sure how I'd set it up. How have you sorted out the leagues/divisions in your new ML?

I'm thinking I might go with the Default boys for my next one.

What about the leagues? Perhaps:

German/Dutch/Belgian

Portuguese/Spanish

English + Celtic and Rangers

Serie A

Serie A could be have greek teams too, but I don't like this. Any ideas?

nerf said:
How have you sorted out the leagues/divisions in your new ML?

I like doing things geographically, in an attempt to make some sort of sense/order out of what Nokami gives us.

Bundesnord Liga

Div1:

16 German clubs

Div2:

2 German clubs
Djurgårdens IF
Rosenborg
FC København
3 weak Dutch sides

Western Championship

English, Scottish, French, Belgian

Southern Superliga

Spanish, Portuguese, Italian

Eastern Division

Turkish, Greek, Eastern European Clubs and Top Dutch sides (i know, not eastern but i want them in European competitions). Plus miscellaneous Uefa cup type sides eg Boro, Bolton, Zaragoza . This helps make this division a good mix for Europe.

The various leagues change with each ML i do to accomodate my main ML.

Last edited:

Dark Gallon, that's the most logic way to set leagues up...
In my current Ml i've done it as followed:

Serie + Turkish + Greek (= the league that i'm playing)
Spanish + Portugese + South French clubs
German + Belgian + Northern French clubs
Dutch + Scottish + English clubs

But then you miss the eastern teams like Donetsk, Kiev, Lokomotiv Moskva, Sparta Praha and the Scandinavian clubs...

Prof you have psychic powers first you beat me with Alavas (was considering playing with them) and then with Duisburg (one of the teams i wanted to play a German Ml with)...I've been playing quite a lot on my PSP with Duisburg: that Ahanfouf guy a very good player...

Back
Top Bottom