PES5 ML Thread (see new PES6 thread)

Re: The All New PES5 Master League Thread.

Cheers PLF. I play as United because they are my boys and because I play on 6* I know I would struggle playing as a team like Wigan or Sunderland. I won't buy more than 3 players per season, though (I can't afford to!).

What * does everyone else play on?

I play generally 5*.. I think that 6* is too easy becaus the CPU attacks more and leaves to many spaces.. 5* brings a more balanced game IMO

That's how it used to be on PES4 anyway which is why I also chose 5* instead of 6* (to make it harder) but in this version I haven't necessarily noticed this Shando or agree that 5* is harder so I'm still experimenting and change between the two quite a bit to see which one gives more challenge

exact same Gerd. Although as I said I switch between 5* and 6* but matches definately on 15 mins and start with lowest money usually.

It is rubbish that 5* is more difficult - I cruise on 5* but find 6* is causes more upsets (i.e. last night I had a great 3 game winning run only to lose 1-0 at home to B'ham on my 4th game). Anyway:

fa_premier_league_logo_large.gif

In-form Manchester United sitting pretty in fourth place and reach FA Cup final against Chelsea.
A place in Europe is United's main priority as Chelsea sit in first place with Arsenal just behind in second. Their 20 point lead over United is too big a task for the Red Devils so Europe is the next best thing.
In the cup, United rolled over a poor Aston Villa side 2-0 on aggregate in the semi's booking a place in the final against English champions Chelsea.

I play on 6 star. In my 3rd season and have brought in about 8 new players total. In my first choice lineup, 6 of the original team are in it. My goal is to resist the temptation to buy a superstar for as long as possible. Basically, if you play for the Big 4 in England, Real, Barca, Valencia, Bayern Munich, Juve, or the Milan clubs, I am not going to buy you. Also, I am trying to avoid buying a starter for one of the top 10 international teams (I may make an exception for the USA since I am a Yank and the closest thing we have to a superstar is an unproven 16 year old who barely starts for a MLS team).

To each his own. It's all about enjoying the game -- I have found it much more of a challenge picking Malaga than picking a big club. I missed promotion by 1 point last night -- we had Mallorca's goal under siege for the whole of the second half but could not get the goal to see us through. Much more drama trying to score with Salva than it would be with Ronaldinho :) This time last year, I was already on my way to qualifying for the Masters Cup and already had a strike partnership of Henrik Larson and Michael Owen with Robbie Keane coming off the bench. Again, it is more of a challenge trying to score with Luke Moore and Tavano.

When you are a fan of a big club, there is a dilemna. Of course, since I support Man City, it actually would be a challenege taking them anywhere. But I chose Malaga so I would have a challenge and learn more about La Liga teams that are not named Barcelona, Real Madrid, or Valencia.

Last edited:

Is there anyway to change the difficulty once started the ML?
Between seasons maybe?

You can change the difficulty between the season shando...

US PALERMO - Inter Milan 3-1

(22'Cavenaghi,57' Bouchouari pk,66' Adriano, 87' D'Agostini)
MOTM: D'Agostini (7,5)

Yesterday US PALERMO beat Inter Milan in what could be the match of the season.
The first half saw chances on both sides, but it was once again Fernado Cavenaghi who opened the score after a beautiful through ball from D'Agostini. Palermo's new central midfielder fianlly played a cracking match...gtogether with Corini he totally dominated Inter's midfield. After 40 minutes a fantastic Palermo colective Palermo mover saw Corini isolated in the box, Mihaljovic had to commit a foul and for some reason wasn't even booked. Hakim Bouchouari's subsequent penalty was saved by Toldo. In first half injury time Inter had bad luck when a sensational Veron shot died against the woodwork..
In the second half Paermo remained the better team and Bouchouari hd his revenge in the 57' when he dribbled in the Inter box and was fouled by Zanetti. Bouchouari again stepped forward and scored this time.
Nine minutes later Palermo made a defense mistake and Adriano was quicker on the ball than GK Villar...a beautifull opportunistic goal.

But Palermo was hardly disturbedby this goal and Insua, Cavenaghi, Corini and Bouchouari could have scored a third goal for the Sicilian outfit.

Finally it was Man of the Match who decided the match with a late third goal after an assist from Bonnani.

This victory leaves US PALERMO second 4 points behind AC Milan.

Thanx Stan..
Nice job beating Inter.. just luv watching those guys lose :cool:

I understand what guys like plf mean... u get so much fun from the game when u take a very small team to the top..... sounds nice and all that ....

Like using a team like Aston Villa.... u get to play against the bigger boiz... man utd... liverpool.... chelsea ... arsenal... so when u break into the top four... u like wow.... am good in da game ... i mean at the 5* difficulty....

Personally,,, i play with arsenal..... and i have a policy ... which is i dont go after big names... because i want a challenge... so u wud never see a ronaldinho, kaka, rooney on ma squad list.... and but i still keep the key names around.... like henry....cole...campbell...... and my future like....reyes... fabregas (good Midfielder)... then sell players like Senderous when a club comes calling.... so they get exposure to play regular.... check up on them season after season... to see if they finally broke throw to be in thier new clubs starting line up.... buy players like aaron hughes .... fo ma team.... but keep the backbones.....

So much fun for me that way.......but i am looking forward to testing action in la liga, serie a.... dutch league especially to see the quality of oppositions ova there..... and i wont be using the big names... when i do get a job offer... from this respective lowly clubs....

logo_taca.jpg

Ball.gif
Setúbal Hold Benfica

BenficaFan.jpg

A Benfica fan casts her verdict on
the team's performance

vsetubal.gif
Setúbal 0
benfica.gif
Benfica 0

Team:
Coutinho - Fabri, Argel, Nuno Morais, Da Silva - Sandro, Ibrahim Yavuz, Cleiton (Rosa 76') - Varela (Tulio 82'), Reginaldo, Edgar Marcelino

Subs Not Used:
M'Bolhi, Santiku

Formation: 4-2-1-3

Setúbal faced Benfica in the Taça Divisão 1st Round, 1st leg this evening. Professor Nutmeg and assistant manager Gianluca Vialli had a weakened squad to choose from. Not only were defenders Xavier and Argel and midfielder Bruno Aguiar suffering from fatigue, but the home side couldn't field either Hélio Roque or Carlitos, as both players were ineligible to play against their parent club, under their season long loan agreements.

Professor Nutmeg was forced to hand young French defender Anthony Fabri a debut, as cover for Abel Xavier. Likewise young Ibrahim Yavuz took up a defensive midfield position alongside Sandro, in place of the absent Bruno Aguiar. Upfront, Varela replaced Hélio Roque.

Despite their apparent handicap, the home side dictated much of the play, reducing Benfica to shooting from distance and set pieces. As the 90 minutes drew to a close Benfica brought on their big guns in the form of Simao and Miccoli in an attempt to grab an away goal. Setubal stood firm however, and in the closing seconds of second half injury time, could have snatched a win. Edgar Marcelino broke into the box from the left flank after a speedy counter-attack. The crowd roared as the Portuguese forward tried to stroke the ball past Quim, but the keeper got down well to deny him.

Both Nutmeg and Vialli will by buoyed by the fact they didn't allow the visitors to score and they'll surely now fancy their chances in the return leg at the Estadio da Luz in three weeks time.

Last edited:

Good result Prof...and boy i surely would like to visit Da Luz when Benfica's fans are fed up with their team...there's more sensuality in that picture than in all the avatars db has ever used...

Hi gerd, yeah Luca and i fancy our chances in the second leg. Often i'll get a bad result in the first leg, usually conceeding away goals, but this time we kept it tight at the back, despite a lack of experience.
We're hoping for another "pants" display by Benfica when we visit them. ;)

glazermanutopp425.jpg

Jubilant United fans sing the praises for manager Stewart

Stewart told Sky Sports; "I am not interested in the money aspect in football. We can't compete with Chelsea or Liverpool in the market but we get by. I was very impressed with the squad that I inherited from Sir Alex and have worked hard with the players. Our results of late have been good, many 1-0 wins but they all earn 3 points which is what we are about: winning."
Stewart is then asked about Real Madrid trying to purchase Heinze; "He is not for sale. He is vital to our plans of getting into Europe. He is happy here and has adapted to English football well. He is tough and competes for every minute of the game."
Sky Sports then ask Stewart about unrest in the United camp; "Everyone is happy. I have rotated the starting eleven in a few games but I have been searching for the strongest line-up. I think I know it now. Quentin (Fortune) has handed in a transfer request. He he wants to go and the door is open for him and United will wish him the best of luck."
Stewart is grilled about bringing in new players; "I have a good squad at the moment although we are looking at a holding midfielder. Alan (Smith) has been doing a fantastic job in the position but I need to strengthen the squad in that area. We will have to wait until the end of the season though. As a whole I am happy. We are playing some fantastic football and are on course for a European place. We have the FA Cup final to look forward to and know it will be a very tough match against Chelsea."

Interview was conducted by Alan Lambourne of Sky Sports News.

Metallica said:
Have you bought any players ninjabreakz ?

I haven't mate - just got enough cash to pay the players salaries. But I will invest in a midfielder and maybe an attacking midfielder at the end of the season - if I qualify for Europe I need some talent in there.

ninjabreakz said:
Cheers PLF. I play as United because they are my boys and because I play on 6* I know I would struggle playing as a team like Wigan or Sunderland. I won't buy more than 3 players per season, though (I can't afford to!).

What * does everyone else play on?

5star.jpg

for 15 mins

Finally! Malaga Are Movin On Up

Golasso's "first term" pledge finally came to fruition last night as a second half penalty by Yeste secured Malaga's promotion to Division 1 at the expense of rivals Mallorca. With two games to go, the Andalucian side are assured promotion, but the job is not over according to their manager. "What better icing on the cake than to win the division" Golasso said after the match. Getafe proved to be a difficult opponent on the night, but were undone by a rash challenge on Luke Moore in the area that sent Yeste to the spot for the win.

nacho051108.jpg

Longtime Club Talisman Nacho Celebrates Promotion

Golasso had been feeling the heat, especially in light of last season's collapse on the final two match days. "We really felt like we needed to get off to a great start this year to build some confidence." Malaga were propelled to promotion by taking 13 of the first 15 points on offer.

This season was not without controversy. Some disgruntled fans started referring to Golasso as "tinkerman" after changing formations on several occasions. Golasso is unrepentant: "We went from a 4-4-2 to a 3-5-2 because I felt like we needed to control the midfield more. If you have the ball, the other guy can't score." Malaga fans were also initially scratching their heads at the asymetry of the formation -- Alvarez patrolling the right side of midfield flanking Yeste and Anderson who are central. The club also employ two defensive midfielders. "We do this so Alvarez can support Luke [Moore] who enjoys playing far up the pitch and likes to come in towards goal from the right." The Brazilians, Alvarez and Anderson have benefitted greatly from this system, but the manager saves special praise for his captain, Yeste. "It's like having a manager on the field. I know some people were upset when I made him captain, but the man has no peer." Cesar Navas was Golasso's captain for the first three years of his tenure. Navas has no regrets, "I just can't wait to visit Camp Nou and the Bernabeu."

story.zidane.ap.jpg..jpg

See You Soon Zizou: Malaga Relishes the Challenge

Just to rub more salt in the wounds of their rivals, Malaga fans are planning a special celebration at the club's next home match -- against Mallorca.

PLF said:
:lol: :mrgreen:

Hi mate

i imagine you might not know of these guys, have you heard of Milli Vanilli ? I guess it was a bit before they were around, and tbh I don't know if they were a success across the Atlantic or not.

Anyway to go off on a tangent.....some of the chaps on here might remember that 5 Star were fairly regular guests on Saturday Swop Shop(basically a Sat am kids tv show in the early 80's) and once, one young caller on the regular phone-in part of the show called up with a question to put to the band - "Why are you so sh*t?" the lad asked much to the dismay & embarrasment of the presenters.

Actually this phenomenon of fake callers on live Kids TV probably reached it's pinnacle with a glorious exchange from the same show a while later.

_38132880_swapshop_bbc.jpg

When Keith Chegwin a UK TV legend (the chap without the beard) delivered what must be one of the finest put downs in TV history.

Another kid got through on the Swap Shop phones, only to tell Chegwin to "suck my c*ck", and Keith in a riposte that actually nearly got him fired from the show, replied with the legendary line "What? All of it?"

db

COPPA hOLDERS ARE THROUGH TO SECOND ROUND:

PARMA - US PALERMO 0-2
(41' Bouchouari, 77 Bouchouari)
MOTM: Santoni

A very good first half saw Palermo outplay Parma, but once again the forwards missed lots of chances. In the 42 second minute Bouchouari headed a Rinaudo assist in goal.
The second half Parma were clearly the better team but Palermo Goalkeeper Santoni played a fantastic match. At the end of the match Palermo could counter and Bouchouari scored his second goal of the evening after a good opening from Corini.
In the next round Palermo play against Sampdoria...

SENSATIONAL MARCH AT THE TOP OF SERIE A ENDS IN A STALE MATE:

US PALERMO - AC MILAN 2-2
(85' Bouchouari, 91' Pirlo, 92' Bouchouari, 93' Rui Costa)
MOTM: Andrea Pirlo

Big deception in the Sicilian capital after a truly sensational end of the match against Milan.
Palermo, second in the ranking played against leaders AC MILAN in a good match. In the first half Palermo was the more attacking team and Dida had some wonderful saves to prevent goals from D'Agostino, Corini, Makinwa and Bouchouari.
The second half saw a much better Milan team and it seemed that Palermo would be lucky to finish this match with a 0-0 draw. But then came a sensational end of the match. In the 85th minute Hakim Bouchouari scored after a textbook counter from Palermo, the assist was from the inevitable Bonnani. With that goal Palermo seemed to ontain a rathzer fortunate win but in the 91th ùinute Pirlo equalised with a truly great free kick.
Right after the kick-off Barone passed the ball to Bonnani who tore down the right flank, centered and Bouchouari headed the ball in goal...jubilations in Palermo, but once again things went pearshaped for the Sicilians...
Rui Costa equalised with a lucky goal.
Manager Gerd DK was ostensibly disappointed after a match wich should have been won by his team, but he had the grace to declare that Milan were the better team in the second half and that a victory would not have been deserved for his team...

After 13 matches Palermo remain second 4 points behind Milan.

Hakim Bouchouari is the Serie A's current (and unexpected) top scorer and Massimo Bonnani is the second best assister of the Serie A...

What a thrilling match that was...and what a great game PES5 is...i'm off to sleep...good night everybody...i wonder what the Benfica girl in Lisbon would think about that...

logo_taca.jpg
vsetubal.gif

Setúbal Make Taça Divisão Final

set_aca.jpg

Vitória Setúbal have beaten Académica de Coimbra 5-2 on aggregate in the Taça Divisão semi-finals. The damage was inflicted in the first leg by Setúbal's Brazilian striker Reginaldo. The marksman claimed an impressive hat-trick in a 3-0 demolition at the Éstadio do Bonfim.
Setúbal will face promotion chasers Sporting CP in the final, in what is sure to be a thrilling season finale encounter. With promotion looking unlikely for Nutmeg's side, the club will surely be eyeing the cup to crown their season.

logo_taca.jpg
vsetubal.gif

Sandro: "The Cup Will Be Ours"

308686_MEDIUMLANDSCAPE.jpg

Sandro (right) bosses Setúbal's midfield

Setúbal midfielder Sandro has thrown down the gauntlet ahead of the Iberian Superliga Taça Final, which takes place next week, stating that the trophy won't be heading to Lisbon. "I'm confident that the cup will be ours at the end of the 90 minutes" said the Cape Verdean ace. Sandro is currently on a season long loan from FC Porto. Signed from Setúbal last summer, Porto have loaned him back for the duration of the 2005/2006 campaign.

The omens look good for Setúbal, as the last time Professor Nutmeg won this trophy was against the very same opposition, Sporting CP, during his days at Spanish minnows Deportivo Alavés.

Another player who would take great pleasure in facing Sporting CP at the Éstadio Nacional next week, is midfielder Beto. The Benfica ace joined Setúbal on loan in the mid-season transfer window in search of first team football. Since his arrival, Beto has successfully slotted into Nutmeg's system, registering two goals in the league so far, prompting fresh speculation that the club may well seek to secure his services full-time.

beto.jpg

Beto: Bring on Sporting

Back
Top Bottom