PES5 ML Thread (see new PES6 thread)

Re: The All New PES5 Master League Thread.

That's quite a surprise to find you here Joost...
I really like ML because it's the next best thing to both playing (can't anymore because of injuries) and watching (don't have the time mostly)football...What i like is the fact that i can play with totally unknown players (to me, sometimes they are quite well known) and then when i see them IRL on television i get some sort of thrill...

What do i do to make a ML worthwile???
Well first of all i have a big asset: i'm crap at PES...
Of course when you play it as often as most people in this thread do you get better, even i am getting better (hallelujah).
I take unknown teams (not the really crap teams like RBC) and play against strong teams and i also start with 5000 PES.
I never buy galactico's (IRL i don't like big teams) and i just enjoy myself (quite silly for a guy who became 44 years old yesterday if you think about it...but then again, introspection is not always good to do).
What helps too is playing lots of PSP PES...it's hard and afterwards when you play PS2 PES you find out that you have lost lots of skills...

Professor Nutmeg said:
Nerf, Ferrante's 2nd goal? (see Q a couple of posts up)
Whoops, sorry Prof, didn't see that. Thank you, and yes it was a lob. It's very rare that I even attempt lobs, never mind score them, so this was something different for me ;). It was with his 'wrong' foot too!

You must have filled the power bar a fair bit no? I find you need to, in order to lob from distance. Which technique do you use incidentally? I normally use the :square: then :r1: But as i said, you really have to fill the bar.

joostebrood said:
First of all, I enjoy reading your stories people, it's good to have an an imagination like you. About the ML, I've also tried several ML's, but I always end up beating the top teams with terrible teams like RBC etc. For that reason I always end up playing because there's no realism in it.

This is not to brag!! I just want to know what you guys do to make sure you don't win Division 2 in your first season, then go on winning it all in your second season while playing with a terrible team.
Well like others said play with a crap team. Also limit the amount of players you buy per season (three is the best and if you wanna go hardcore, one), buying average players, playing on 5 stars and starting with 5000 points.

When i pick a team i like to pick a team which has a small squad and that have a lot of average players. Also a team who are short on players in certain positions like a team who might have only three midfeilders in their squad...which can prove difficult to play with, esspecially with the fatigue system and the amount of money you've got...plus you have to win games with the squad you've got to get money and that will be hard because your squad is small, your playing on 5 stars and you need more players in certain positions (so you can obviously rotate players around when their tired). So when your buying a player you have to do it stragetly...this kinda gives the game an extra edge and makes it more enjoyable. :)

Thats how i play my ML.

Hope this helps you out.

Stringer Bell said:
Also a team who are short on players in certain positions like a team who might have only three midfeilders in their squad...which can prove difficult to play with, esspecially with the fatigue system and the amount of money you've got...plus you have to win games with the squad you've got to get money and that will be hard because your squad is small, your playing on 5 stars and you need more players in certain positions (so you can obviously rotate players around when their tired). So when your buying a player you have to do it stragetly...this kinda gives the game an extra edge and makes it more enjoyable. .

I look for the same thing. And seeing as i do the real life transfers, some squads can thin down a lot.

joostebrood said:
First of all, I enjoy reading your stories people, it's good to have an an imagination like you. About the ML, I've also tried several ML's, but I always end up beating the top teams with terrible teams like RBC etc. For that reason I always end up playing because there's no realism in it.

This is not to brag!! I just want to know what you guys do to make sure you don't win Division 2 in your first season, then go on winning it all in your second season while playing with a terrible team.

Hi Jooste,

i can only agree with all the other chaps on here and their experiences & suggestions.

Also whichever team you pick try to get into the team/city/country etc.. find out a bit of trivia etc.. as this all makes the whole experience more enjoyable.

Last weekend on Channel 4's France Football programme they featured struggling Metz (my ML side) and it was like watching some old friends on telly - seeing Proment, Wimbee and the rest of the lads in the flesh was great.

db

denirobob said:
Last weekend on Channel 4's France Football programme they featured struggling Metz (my ML side) and it was like watching some old friends on telly - seeing Proment, Wimbee and the rest of the lads in the flesh was great.

db

This is true. I got rather attached to Toulouse when i was MLing with them in PES4, seeing them on tv and so on. Same with Alavés.

Professor Nutmeg said:
You must have filled the power bar a fair bit no? I find you need to, in order to lob from distance. Which technique do you use incidentally? I normally use the :square: then :r1: But as i said, you really have to fill the bar.
This was an :l1: + :square:, which I think requires less power. I can't remember it clearly but I think the power bar was roughly around halfway, not sure.

denirobob said:
Hi Jooste,

i can only agree with all the other chaps on here and their experiences & suggestions.

Also whichever team you pick try to get into the team/city/country etc.. find out a bit of trivia etc.. as this all makes the whole experience more enjoyable.

db
Hehehe...kinda like me, i've been following FC Utrecht a lot, sice i done a ML with them on PES4...sounds a bit gay, but i really enjoy watching them now after finding a lot info about them, thanks to you and PLF.

I enjoyed watching them beat Ajax 4-1 last week :mrgreen:

Also the kit their wearing this season looks 8)

skylogo_default.gif

Defaulted Chelsea's promotion fight continues

After falling to 4th in the league, Defaulted Chelsea kept the dream alive after a shocking comeback against Lisbonera. DC went 1 goal down after only a minute thanks to a beautiful one on one goal from Maylorras. After this the game became a simple possession game as both midfields stifled attacks until the 38th minute, where Lisbonera keeper Quiel booted it downfield from a backpass. A mistimed attempted header by Jaric saw Maylorras unleashed again, who finished with deadly quality. All seemed lost until the 41st minute, where a Lisboneran defensive laspe meant a great through ball by Minanda, saw Ordaz score his third of the season. The game was rejuvinated in the second half, with one way traffic towards Lisboneras goal. A tactical change saw Podolski come off for Hyulens. After a short free-kick, a tackle on Ordaz sent the ball sprawling to Minanda feet, who passed back to Ordaz, who inturn passed it into pass at the 18 yard box. Hyulens first touch of the game sent the score level with a great left-footed lofted shot, which curled just beyond the keepers lunging hands. More chances were denied by the woodwork, and good defending before the final whistle blew. With shock results else where, Default Chelsea can now pride themselves on their current 2nd place, but with 6 games to go, and the possibility of a semi-final shock loss, the season is still not quite within Chelsea's grasp quite yet.

Happy B-day Stan and dont worry about your age man, we enjoy having some older people here too. I like talking to people wiser/more experienced than me so everyone here is welcomed and in my opinion Nerf, SB, DeniroBob, Prof, me and you and Stan and we all add something different to this thread.. like a different dimension or different personality which makes it cool :)

take care

I've started a ML on my other memory card as Vitória Setúbal much to the delight of the 8ºExército. I've also created Académica and Boavista.

There are a few players in the game who are actually plying their trade at the Estádio do Bonfim today, such as Carlitos, Hélio Roque, Varela and Sandro. The rest of the squad i added to after much thought and a couple of evenings of creating the other teams.

I also base copied my favourite player Wesley and created a guy called Cleiton (influenced by the chap at Rio Ave). I've included perhaps the worst midfielder, if not player, in the game, South Korean Nokami player Cinu Santiku. I've also handed disgraced defender Abel Xavier a lifeline after his drugs ban. I've gone for a mixture of youth and experience, the odd utility player and reasonaly good to poor players, the latter seeing action when the fatigue kicks in.

The 21 man squad is as follows:

GK

Coutinho
M'Bolhi

DF

Argel
Nuno Morais
Joao Miranda
Xavier
Da Silva
Fabri
Ibrahim Yavuz

MF

Bruno Aguiar
Sandro
Cleiton
Santiku
Rósa

FW

Carlitos
Edgar Marcelino
Hélio Roque
Reginaldo
Álvaro
Tulio
Varela

Formation: 4-2-1-3

The (Div2) league consists of:

Académica
Benfica
Boavista
Porto
Setúbal
Sporting CP

Alavés
Malaga

I've played a couple of games so far. Might post the reports later.

A Vitória será nossa.

Last edited:

DEFENDERS US PALERMO MISS THEIR START IN THE COPPA:

US PALERMO - PARMA 0-0
MOTM: CARACIOLO (with a score of 6,5 which says it all...).

Bad match and the few chances Palermo created were missed by forwards Caraciolo and Bouchouari.

Although US PALERMO is currently second in Serie A they are in a litle down period: much injured players or players who come back from injuries.

Scoring does not come easily to this team...

Technical staff Gerd DK and Jean-Marc Bosman have to admit that the team has played better than for the moment.
"We have to manage this team on a shoestring and with the slightest injury problem the team suffers" Gerd DK was heard saying.
"Once Bouchouari, Carraciolo and Makinwa start scoring goals, we will win matches...because we have dominated every single match against Italian teams this season...so let's not be pessimistic, after all we still are second." added the ever optimistic Bosman.

Oh and Prof...success with Vitoria Setubal...
It seems you're really fond of Portugese football...
If i'm not mistaken you've done a ML with Boavista in PES4 or PES3...

logo_sl.gif

Stalemate In Setúbal Opener

PortoVitoriaSetubal.jpg

Hugo Almeida is denied a header on goal

Week 1:

vsetubal.gif
Setúbal 0
fcporto.gif
FC Porto 0

Team:
M'Bolhi - Xavier, Joao Miranda, Argel, Da Silva - Bruno Aguiar, Sandro, Cleiton - Hélio Roque, Reginaldo, Edgar Marcelino (Caritos 76')

Subs Not Used: Coutinho, Nuno Morais, Yavuz, Rósa, Álvaro, Varela

The Iberian Superliga kicked off a new season last night with Vitória Setúbal hosting visitors FC Porto.

There wasn't much to write home about in this season opener, as atrocious weather conditions hampered the passing game. Both sides relied heavily on the long ball tactic to their respective forwards and the game finished goaless.

Last edited:

gerd said:
Oh and Prof...success with Vitoria Setubal...
It seems you're really fond of Portugese football...
If i'm not mistaken you've done a ML with Boavista in PES4 or PES3...

It was Guimaraes in PES4 :)

Yeah, i like it. It's an understated league. Would love to have it licensed in PES6.

Professor Nutmeg said:
It was Guimaraes in PES4 :)

Yeah, i like it. It's an understated league. Would love to have it licensed in PES6.

Boa sorte em Setubal Proff!

Eu concordo 100%!

After last years great title race, and the way this one is shaping up there seems to be a leveling of the playing field somewhat which is great. Shame Maritimo keeping getting all their best players nicked :( (Manduca being the latest one)

db

logo_sl.gif

Lions Maul Setúbal

Deivid250905AntonioCotrim01.jpg

Deivid Heads Sporting's First

Week 2:

sporting.gif
Sporting C.P. 2 Deivid 49' 54'(P)
vsetubal.gif
Setúbal 0

Team:
M'Bolhi - Xavier, Joao Miranda, Nuno Morais, Yavuz - Bruno Aguiar, Sandro, Cleiton (Rósa 45') - Hélio Roque, Reginaldo (Álvaro 76'), Carlitos

Subs Not Used: Coutinho, Fabri, Santiku, Edgar Marcelino, Tulio

Bouyed off the back of keeping Porto at bay a week earlier, Week 2 saw Vitória Setúbal suffer their first defeat of the season as Sporting outplayed their visitors. The Estádio José Alvalade XXI proved a hostile environment for the "out-of-towners" as the crowd got behind it's team.

Hélio Roque provided some great balls from the left flank and was a general nuisance to the Sporting defence, but as the first half unfolded, it increasingly looked like it wasn't going to be Setúbal's day.

The "Vitorianos" hopes of another clean sheet were dashed early on in the second half. Sá Pinto's superb delivery from deep picked out Deivid who headed past M'Bolhi to give the home side the lead.

Minutes later, Sporting's Joao Moutinho came on for Romagnoli while at the break, Professor Nutmeg had opted to bring on the battling Hungarian midfielder Rósa in place of playmaker Cleiton. In the 53rd minute, the ex-Ferencvaros ace was then deemed to have brought down Tello inside the box and the referee instantly pointed to the spot, despite the midfielder protesting his innocence. Deivid stepped up and blasted in his second. The shot proved too powerful for M'Bolhi, despite the young Frenchman getting both hands to the ball and altering its trajectory.

Midway through the second half Cape Verdean midfielder Sandro missed a guilt-edged chance to pull one back, as he fashioned a one-two in the box with Carlitos. His shot from close range however rolled wide, with only the keeper to beat.

Professor Nutmeg will no doubt be looking for a response from his players during the upcoming games against Académica and Boavista and before they face Benfica in the Taça Divisão first round.

Last edited:

I'm yarning for the excitement of a new and fresh ML but i feel the PALERMO one isn't finished yet...
On the other hand i hardly have time to play PES on the PS2...
I play it quite alot on the PSP where i'm trying to win the Premiership with Bolton Wanderers...fat chance...i'm currently 3d 2 points behind Arsenal and 7 points behind Man Utd...

Have discovered a great forward: Vaz Te...i suppose he's not Brittish...

Messina, Malaga Eagerly Await Golasso Decision; WEFA Restructures Today

Supporters of Messina and Malaga are on pins and needles as they see who will win the Golasso managerial sweepstakes. A declaration of intent is expected later today from the legendary manager. Both clubs are confident of inking their man. Messina are hoping that Golasso's admiration of defender Marco Zoro will be enough, while Malaga feel that the club's location and the prospect of taking on Barcelona and Real Madrid upon achieving promotion will sway the man.

Haysbert-Dennis.jpg

Golasso: Master of His Destiny

Of course, this is a big day for WEFA as well, as its restructuring plan will go into effect. Rumor has it that the governing body is considering two plans. One plan would see a 4 league structure consisting of a British, Italian and league combining a mixture of Dutch, French, German teams. Sparta Prague, Dynamo Kiev, and Lokamotive Moscow are said to be lobbying hard to get into this league. A fourth league, which would be known as La Liga de Iberia, would consist of two divisions -- an all Spanish top flight with a lower division of Spanish, Portuguese and Brazilian teams.

The second plan would create a British, Spanish, and a Franco-German-Dutch league with the above former Iron Curtain teams. The fourth league, which would be called the Holy Roman League, would consist of two divisions, with the top division being all Italian, and the second division consisting of Italian, Greek, and Turkish teams.

Back
Top Bottom