PES5 ML Thread (see new PES6 thread)

Re: The All New PES5 Master League Thread.

Golasso said:
I have really enjoyed reading this thread - the second (or third) wave of master league stories should be on its wave once those of us in North America get Winning Eleven 9: International on Feb 7 or Feb 8. I am considering taking over Alaves, Mallorca or Siena.

162852__24e_l.jpg

Golasso considers his managerial options.

David Palmer goes into football? :) Like what Prof. said, I think Alaves is a ver nice club to start with also cause there stadium matches quite good with the unlocked stadium.

Which PES 5 stadium is the one that most resembles where Alaves resides? Is it "Stockholm Arena?" (aka Rasunda irl).

No, not sure what it's default name is, but it has about 19,000 capacity (the smallest in PES5)and it's blue and white. It looks a lot like the Estadio Mendizorroza (Alavés's stadium)

f_espan_estadio_alaves.jpg

Thanks!

I see that irl, the palermo manager was sacked today...

I noticed 2 funny/new things earlier today. I was playing my Alavés ML and i had a WEFA qualifier group match against AC Milan. They were sitting pretty at the top of the group.
Now i know the com changes formations during a game if it's behind or winning, but in this case the com changed its formation before the game! I have AC Milan playing a 4-4-2 with a diamond in midfield, yet when the pre-match line-up flashed up on the screen, they were playing 4-2-1-1-2 :shock: It's the first time i've seen the com change a formation in preparation for a tie before a game.

The other thing was just a different injury cut scene. Usually the player just limps around slowly as the yellow cross flashes. However this time, Barcelona's Motta was hopping on one leg and waving furiously at the bench, beckoning them to come over for treatment.

Professor Nutmeg said:
I noticed 2 funny/new things earlier today. I was playing my Alavés ML and i had a WEFA qualifier group match against AC Milan. They were sitting pretty at the top of the group.
Now i know the com changes formations during a game if it's behind or winning, but in this case the com changed its formation before the game! I have AC Milan playing a 4-4-2 with a diamond in midfield, yet when the pre-match line-up flashed up on the screen, they were playing 4-2-1-1-2 :shock: It's the first time i've seen the com change a formation in preparation for a tie before a game.

The other thing was just a different injury cut scene. Usually the player just limps around slowly as the yellow cross flashes. However this time, Barcelona's Motta was hopping on one leg and waving furiously at the bench, beckoning them to come over for treatment.

hi mate

ive noticed that too!

I know Stringer first pointed it out in cup games - e.g picking an understrength side, but in normal league matches primarily when i've been at home the oppo's formation changes.

Usually defensively i might add, e.g 4-4-2 to 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1

db

US PALERMO - UDINESE 2-1
(54' Caraciolo, 75' Di Natale, 91' Mutarelli)
MOTM: Mutarelli

After "Goorgate" US PALERMO manager Gerd DK has regained some good points with US PALERMO board. It was an inspired substittution which led to a late winner against a very good Udinese team. The first half saw a good match with two cautious teams. The 0-0 result at half time was logical since the two teams had visibly (too) much respect for each other.
US PALERMo began the second half much more attacking. After 54 minutes Carraciolo could convert a beautiful assist from Bonnani. Afterwards US PALERMO once again could have scored a second goal but Bouchouari, Barone, D' Agostini and Caraciolo somehow were denied by great saves, bad luck and their own clumsiness. And then came one of the few counters from Udinese in the second half. After a great run by Muntari, Di Natale scored a beautiful equaliser. Manager Gerd DK and his assistent Bosman will not have been pleased with the way defender Accardi faiuled to intercept the pass to Di Natale. DK and Bosman saw the danger and substituted D'Agostini for Mutarelli. After relentless attacks finally Mutarelli managed to scored a goal that was a beauty in the build-up and the good thing for the manager was the fact that it was a movement by three substitues. Izmailov gave a through ball to Makinwa who dribbled to opponents in the 16 metres and gave a beautifull assist to Mutarelli. This last one did not miss before an open goal. A beauty.

Last edited:

MESSINA - US PALERMO 1-2
(13' PK Zampagna, 64' Bouchouari, 86' Mariano Gonzalez)
MOTM: Mariano Gonzalez.

Once again a late winner by a substitute and Gerd DK and Jean-Marc Bosman are once again the favourites of the Palermo board. Metz, Anderlecht, Goor and Svensson are forgotten after a heated derby.
Messina clearly saw itself as the underdog in this match and played very defensive. PALERMO claimed two earluy penalties after fouls on Bouchouari and Caraciolo, butthe ref remained adamant that both fouls were outside the box. The penalty came on the other side when Yanagisawa was fouled by Palermo GK Villar. Zampagna converted the subsequent penalty.

In the second half Palermo showed why they are second in the Serie A: attacking football with two great SMF's (Izmailov and Bonnani) and a very techical attacker (Bouchouari or Makinwa) in combination with a big sgtrong striker (Cavenaghi or Carraciolo). Corini gave an assist for Bouchouari equaliser.
Bonnani who had run havoc on his side was replaced by Mariano Gonzalez and it was this last who scored thelate winning goal from an impossible angle.
One ha

MESSINA - US PALERMO 1-2
(13' PK Zampagna, 64' Bouchouari, 86' Mariano Gonzalez)
MOTM: Mariano Gonzalez.

Once again a late winner by a substitute and Gerd DK and Jean-Marc Bosman are once again the favourites of the Palermo board. Metz, Anderlecht, Goor and Svensson are forgotten after a heated derby.
Messina clearly saw itself as the underdog in this match and played very defensive. PALERMO claimed two earluy penalties after fouls on Bouchouari and Caraciolo, butthe ref remained adamant that both fouls were outside the box. The penalty came on the other side when Yanagisawa was fouled by Palermo GK Villar. Zampagna converted the subsequent penalty.

In the second half Palermo showed why they are second in the Serie A: attacking football with two great SMF's (Izmailov and Bonnani) and a very techical attacker (Bouchouari or Makinwa) in combination with a big sgtrong striker (Cavenaghi or Carraciolo). Corini gave an assist for Bouchouari equaliser.
Bonnani who had run havoc on his side was replaced by Mariano Gonzalez and it was this last who scored thelate winning goal from an impossible angle.
One half of the beautiful ismand left Messina in a festive mood.
At the press conference afeter the match Bosman and Gerd DK had high praise for Yanagisawa and Zoro, is this a bad omen for Messina????
readers will remember that in the off-season Palermo already bought D'Agostino from Messina...D'Agostino who was wisely held in Palermo for this match.

denirobob said:
hi mate

ive noticed that too!

I know Stringer first pointed it out in cup games - e.g picking an understrength side, but in normal league matches primarily when i've been at home the oppo's formation changes.

Usually defensively i might add, e.g 4-4-2 to 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1

db

It's amazing i haven't seen it before. I've seen the weaker sides put out, but never a formation change from the start. Incidentally, i was away at the San Siro.

I have been having a bit of a look at Treviso as well -- lots of heartbreaking results irl in the last 6 matches. Any opinions about using them? Is Parma too "successful" a side to take over? In WE8I, I took Manchester City -- I am looking for a little more of a challenge without using Ximelez, Castolo, Burchet and the gang.

The wait for this game is killing me....

Last edited:

Lol Golasso, seeing as the transfer window is taking so long, i've once again been thinking about teams and i think i'm going to go with Treviso myself, in my annual Serie A ML. I had considered them for my first ML but i went with Alavés. I'm liking Jehad Muntasser, with the Fillippini twins and Baseggio behind him to complete the midfield. It's about a 22 man squad (incl. 3 keepers) so small enough to add to.

If you want a challenge, i'd recommend La Liga because it's almost impossible to keep up with Real Madrid and Barcelona, if you want to win the title. Perhaps with a club like Cadiz or Mallorca.

@Golasso: I was tempted by Parma myself, but if you really want a challenge, they are not it. There is some real talent in that squad: Morfeo, Corradi, Marchionni, Bresciano and so on. A 'lesser' side like Treviso would be much more challenging, hence why I chose Ascoli.

I've finally got to the end of my second division season and have wrapped up the league with a place in the final. Its been a chore to play as I put it on 6star by accident, which isn't neccessarily easy or hard, just the level of closing down performed by the AI is horrible.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Lol Golasso, seeing as the transfer window is taking so long, i've once again been thinking about teams and i think i'm going to go with Treviso myself, in my annual Serie A ML. I had considered them for my first ML but i went with Alavés. I'm liking Jehad Muntasser, with the Fillippini twins and Baseggio behind him to complete the midfield. It's about a 22 man squad (incl. 3 keepers) so small enough to add to.
I gotta say PRof. I don't know what it is about those 2 short hardworking brothers but they are also a big attraction for me in Treviso and really anywhere they've played.

Gotta love the Fillipini twins! :mrgreen:

Malaga Looking to Golasso to Stop the Rot?

Speculation of a managerial change reached fever pitch tonight when Golasso was spotted at a local nightclub hours after an armed motorcade was seen leaving Estadio de Rosaleda. The Malaga CF president was unavailable for comment. When Golasso was approached for comment, a crazed blond haired man stepped forward and yelled "Leave us alone, it's been a very long day!"

017_dennishaysbert_alexanderpr.jpg

Golasso enjoying the Malaga nightlife.

Also bidding for his services are fellow strugglers Cadiz and Mallorca. Italian sides Treviso, Siena, and Messina are reportedly following the situation closely as well.

Nutmeg Named Treviso Boss

image001.jpg

Stadio Omobono Tenni

Professor Nutmeg arrived at the tiny aeroporto di Treviso this morning to take up his role as the new manager of FBC Treviso. The new boss was met at the airport by club representatives and was whisked away from the small gathering of press in a black Lancia Lybra.

The 'Biancocelesti' will kick-off the season in the compact Serie B division with renewed confidence under 'Il Professore,' battling alongside the likes of AC Cesena, Cagliari and Brescia in the eight club division. Professor Nutmeg has a proven record in the Italian league, having had a successful stint at Udinese Calcio three years ago and many will once again welcome the tactician's presence in the Italian game.

Director General, Giovanni Gardini said: "I'm confident we are in good hands. Il Professore is a sought after manager in this country and we are very lucky to have got him."

Last edited:

Grazie Nerf. Oh no, just the one Db. It'll be a handful as it is. I don't think the Treviso faithful would take kindly to me doing a Guus Hiddink. ;)

Upbeat Mood in Treviso Camp Ahead Of Serie B Kick-Off

03092-01.jpg

Professor Nutmeg took charge of his first training session today in front of a buoyant local gathering of fans and press at FBC Treviso's training ground. The tactitian was seen out and about on the training pitch, putting the squad through their paces and conversing with players.

Lazio keeper Matteo Sereni, who was involved in a loan swap deal with Samir Handanovic just hours before the transfer window slammed shut, said: "Il Professore was a big reason why i chose to come to Treviso. I've only heard good things about him from my friends who worked with him at Udinese." Stopper William Viali added: "I heard good things about him and i've also played and lost *laughs* against his team when i was at Perugia. It's true though, he comes across as a very confident individual which will hopefully influence the squad too.

The new boss was also seen having lengthy converstaions with midfield trio Walter Baseggio and the Filippini brothers. It's thought that the Belgian international and the two brothers may form a pivotal role in Nutmeg's midfield. It's also thought that Libyan international Jehad Muntasser may well find himself back in favour under the new boss. However, for now at least, the manager says he'll be keeping his proverbial cards close to his chest with regards to tactics.

After the session, the new boss mentioned he'd like to add to the squad when possible, saying: "We're a small club with a small squad and we're likely to be stretched in areas over the course of the season. It would be nice to bring in at least another midfielder and possibly a big target man. But for now, we have to make do with what we have and i'm confident that if we don't recieve many suspensions and injuries we should be ok.

gerd - Dr. Professor? :mrgreen:

Unlucky Db. Lol, i saw you had posted and i thought to myself, i bet he's got a new lady in his avatar....i was wrong and slightly startled :mrgreen:

Professor Nutmeg said:
Unlucky Db. Lol, i saw you had posted and i thought to myself, i bet he's got a new lady in his avatar....i was wrong and slightly startled :mrgreen:

what can i say mate - after years of ogling norks, i've finally come out of the closet :shock:

things are sounding promising in italy, Sereni was at ipswich wasnt he, with a curious line in facial hair!

db

Back
Top Bottom