PES5 ML Thread (see new PES6 thread)

Re: The All New PES5 Master League Thread.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Gerd, is that the Cavenaghi from the PES shop?

Db, i see Metz have brought in a couple of strikers (irl) Piminov (Lokomotiv Moscow) and Youga (Besiktas) as well as letting Ahn go to Duisburg. Is your interest in Mbesuma hotting up? He looks pretty unsettled at Pompey. :)

Hi mate

Yeah, in some ways its a bit of a pain that I didnt wait for the window really, as ive always liked that Youla chap - remember him playing Blackburn in the UEFA cup for Genclerbirligi when they had that great run.

Ahn is certainly not a happy chappy but despite the interest in the Zambian Express, will be staying put for a while longer I think.

So then.. if its not Monte Carlo or bust, where the blue blazes are you heading for ?????? :)

db

denirobob said:
Hi mate

So then.. if its not Monte Carlo or bust, where the blue blazes are you heading for ?????? :)

db

Well, i'll be staying within the vicinity. AC Ajaccio to be precise :) I fancy assembling a bit of an Algerian contingent. Shame Belamdi isn't still around, or indeed Bezzaz, i liked him in PES4.

I'm in the process of setting up the remaining Div 2 teams. I'll start in Div 2 myself. I created Bastia hier soir (got to have the derby) and i think i might also create Sedan or perhaps Montpellier, who i created once before.

PS liking today's avatar.

Nice team AC Ajaccio...
In PES4 i had a fantastic Bastia player in my Wolfsburg team...a guy who could play CF, WF and AMF...great player...i wondered if he is in PES5 but i can't remember his name...
If i ever become obscenely rich and can stop working (which i quite enjoy) my dream is to run a tiny litle hotel in Corsica..i love Corsica...

Professor Nutmeg said:
Well, i'll be staying within the vicinity. AC Ajaccio to be precise :) I fancy assembling a bit of an Algerian contingent. Shame Belamdi isn't still around, or indeed Bezzaz, i liked him in PES4.

I'm in the process of setting up the remaining Div 2 teams. I'll start in Div 2 myself. I created Bastia hier soir (got to have the derby) and i think i might also create Sedan or perhaps Montpellier, who i created once before.

PS liking today's avatar.

Hi Proff, i can send u Caen & Bastia player details if you want... message me. (checks to make sure thats an 'e' and not an 'a'!)

db

I've been doing a litle bit of searching in the old PES4 ML thread, and the Bastia playing i was referring to was Al Saadi...
Is he in PES5???

Stringer Bell said:
Sorry to take this into reality :D

But did they both really got called up for Int'l duty? Players usualy get called up around that period.

hi mate

N'diaye played against Zimbabwe cant remember if Gueye is in the squad or not off hand.

Actually with Metz's large African contingent it's been fun trying to spot some of my lads - Agassa the second choice keeper has been in action too. No room for the Tummeister though :(

db

I've just got to my mid season transfer window and nobody wants to come :( Even teams ranked lower and in the same division. Might be the fact I'm on six stars

A selection of Players I'm tracking: Wish you could fit more players on the list feature.

Lugano
Distin
Thomason
Inzaghi
Pennant
Berbatov
Chimbonda
Upson
Ehtherington
Konchesky

I should win the league with my current players, but its nice to have some new faces

Gerd, was it Ben Saada? I don't think i've seen him around.

Db, thanks for the offer mate, but don't worry. What i tend to do is stick in a squad's worth of free French/African players, plus actual ones, if they're around and that creates the illusion enough for me. The com just goes and messes with squads anyway once the transfer windows open.

Spot on Prof, Ben Saada...imagine me i've been searching and have found (the one???) a posting where i couldn't even remember the name of my own players...i'm a real Bobby Robson....some manager...
But yes Ben Saada was great...ah...sweet memories...

denirobob said:
hi mate

N'diaye played against Zimbabwe cant remember if Gueye is in the squad or not off hand.

Actually with Metz's large African contingent it's been fun trying to spot some of my lads - Agassa the second choice keeper has been in action too. No room for the Tummeister though :(

db
Okay.

Loving your latest avator Db. :mrgreen:

Not good for those at work or school though ;) The other one was just fine.

Well I've finally brought in 3 players:

dimitar-berbatov3.jpg

Berbatov (Levekusen), Pantos (olympiakos)

and Stranzl (Stuttgart)

Thrashed Pomey 4-1 at Fratton Park in the Second Leg. Prso with two, Novo and Murray with the goals. Olisadebe got a late penalty consolation.

And then laboured to victory over Pompey again, this time in the league and at Ibrox. Lovenkrands with the goal

Db was Vercauteren a violent player???? I think Svensson is wrong there.
And about Goor, wild tackles are not his usual thing, normally he spits...ahh Belgian football ...always entertaining.

gerd said:
And about Goor, wild tackles are not his usual thing, normally he spits...ahh Belgian football ...always entertaining.
On the real!

gerd said:

hi gerd,

I think the Swede just lost it in the heat of battle, and took exception to some of their tactics but got carried away.

Goor should of received a yellow card at the very least, but the ref only administered a stern talking to - it was a 'cowards tackle' in the opinion of
TV5's Didier Roustan...

football2.jpg

Gerd, Ben Saada is in the Tunisia squad :)

There's also an AMF by the name of Essediri who's quite useful on the ball.

Last edited:

Yeah Essediri has moved to Rosenburg IRL. In the latest World Soccer magazine they said he was a winger, but in PES5 he is registerd as a AMF and a CMF (I think).

Did not know that Ben Saada was Tunisian...i'm pretty sure Ben Saada was a French player in PES4...
But thanks anyway.

Gerd, there are loads of "French" players in the Ligue who choose to play for their "other" country, be it birth or other relation of sorts. In PES many have French flags when they should actually be Algerian, Tunisian, and other (North) African countries.
If i'm not mistaken, Strasbourg's Arrache has represented Algeria, yet he has a French Flag.

Some players i think have chosen or will choose to play for Algeria are: Kamel Larbi should be Algerian. Ahmed Yahiaoui too i think, although i believe he's played for a French junior side. Youssef Sofiane has always had a French flag, but no doubt can claim Algerian nationality. Hassan Yedba (Auxerre). Ech-Chergui (ASSE player) (i'm going to sign this guy to my Ajaccio team).

If anyone else knows of some incorrectly allocated nationalities in PES5 please post them. I rememeber a Toulouse defender opting to play for Dr Congo last season rather than France.

So i've created SC Bastia and CS Sedan for my Ligue 2.

I'm thinking it might comprise of:

Ajaccio
Anderlecht
Bastia
Brugge
Metz?
Nancy
Sedan
Troyes

1990598947_1999998497_bart337.jpg

There goes the neighbourhood

Goorgate continues to rumble on, as the Belgian press rallied against their French counterparts vitriol, with a stinging rebuke of both Svensson's outburst, Metz's overall behaviour and of French football's arrogant attitude towards it's smaller neighbour.

3800003.jpg

Meanwhile, the man at the centre of the furore, spoke exclusively to Sport Foot Magazine, about his reaction to the media frenzy following the midweek game.

16471_26929_0.jpg

"He (Svensson) questioned my integrity as a man and as a footballer, and raised question marks about my conduct on the field of play. Remarks, I might add which I dispute utterly.

Obviously I didn't go into the tackle with the intention of hurting him (Beria), and it goes without saying that I wish the lad a speedy recovery."

Although several high profile Jupiler League coaches have distanced themselves from the controversy, one manager, thought to be the current incumbent at Palermo is quoted off the record, saying that "wild tackles are not his usual thing, normally he spits...ahh Belgian football ...always entertaining."

md-i203057.jpg

With the prospect of Metz travelling to Belgium on Saturday to take on Club Brugge the stakes couldn't be higher, and whilst there is certainly no love lost between the blue & black's and their Brussels rivals, the Jan Breydelstadion is sure to be a cauldron of noise come 3pm.

OFFICIAL STATEMENT BY THE BOARD OF US PALERMO

Regarding the controversy concerning the match between METZ and ANDERLECHT and the comments from certain technical staff members of the club about certain Belgian players' behaviour, US PALERMO wants to stress that by no means the aforementioned person was representing the opinion of the club concerning aforementioned controversy.

The appropriate measures will be taken....

DIO CANE.

STATEMENT FROM GERD DK:

I would like to point out that the comments i have allegedly made in the METZ-ANDERLECHT controversy were mis-interpretated by a certain press which has more intrest in the extra-marital activities of managers's wives than in football.

Nevertheless i would like to apologize towards Mr. GOOR who i hold in high regards as a player.

a22cdf77.jpg

Svensson in reflective mood, as Ligue 2 officials step in to
calm a situation, that has resonated as far away as Sicily.

more news to follow...

Professor Nutmeg said:
Gerd, there are loads of "French" players in the Ligue who choose to play for their "other" country, be it birth or other relation of sorts. In PES many have French flags when they should actually be Algerian, Tunisian, and other (North) African countries.
Exactly. When I was fixing Ligue 1 database, there were at least 2-3 in each team that had "French" nationality but in real life have chosen to play for their Parent's country like Kanoute did with Mali little while back despite having played for French youth team.

There is way too many of them to name though I'm afraid. Prof.
Way too many!

Regarding the Toulouse defender chosing to play for Congo, I'm not sure but could you be talking about the young Lucien Aubey?

Take care

I have really enjoyed reading this thread - the second (or third) wave of master league stories should be on its wave once those of us in North America get Winning Eleven 9: International on Feb 7 or Feb 8. I am considering taking over Alaves, Mallorca or Siena.

162852__24e_l.jpg

Golasso considers his managerial options.

Back
Top Bottom