PES5 ML Thread (see new PES6 thread)

Re: The All New PES5 Master League Thread.

He was indeed. Still sports the facial hair too. But perhaps doesn't beat fellow Serie A custodian Cristiano Lupatelli's "sideburns with a bald head" look.

jeffers4vg.jpg

:lmao:

Not really enjoying this ML :(, perhaps I'll whipp up some trouble in the camp and move on to some minnows elsewhere.

Lost my first game in Division 1 to Lille, and it was a fantastic match.

They took the lead quite early. Missed tons of chances, and then Berbatov popped up in the box with a bullet header on 89. Only for them to go up the other end and score a seriously flukey goal mouth scramble to win it.

Since then, Rangers have stormed to the top, since changing formation to a slightly unorthordox 4-1-1-2-2. Including hammering PSV 6-1, and Lyon 7-1. Seriously weird. Berbatov, Jeffers and Lucho Gonzales (my big summer signing) have done the damage.

Prof, will you make a first team regular of Bassegio...
He was my first favourite PES player back in the days of PES1.

And the "dottore thing"...i thought that Italians like to call respected people dottore...not only doctors, but i'm not sure and aren't you half Italian my friend...

I'm an avid fan of Michael Dibdin's whodunnits. He has a serie about Aurelio Zen (a police man) who is regularly called "dottore Zen" by other characters in the books.
The latest in the series (haven't read it, i'm waiting for the paper back) is about the murder on the chairman of FC Bologna...very good books if you like reading and you love Italy. Every book is set in a different part of Italy: Sardinia, the Vatican, Rome, Umbria, Toscane, Venice, the Alto Adige,....

You're right gerd. Dottore is essentially used for any (male) BA graduate, ie someone who has been to University, so pretty common. Dottoressa for women. It's just a bit formal i suppose. But Italians like titles as it makes them sound more important. But in the context you used, as i'm a Prof you wouldn't have the Dottore before it, because Professore is more important. ;)
As for Walter, i've been a fan of his too since the early days. He's always been skillful but low in other stat areas. He's getting better as the series progresses though. According to the reports from the training camp, it is likely he'll be a regular in my side. Most likely the designated FK taker too (from the right side of goal).

Last edited:

Db, i thought you might appreciate this, footballer's other halves and all that. Have you seen Heidar Helguson's lady? I think there's some "ML fodder" in there. A "Treviso sign Icelandic International" story at some point perhaps? :mrgreen: or "Treviso Sign Pair" ;)

1117695502.92035.jpg

PS has anyone come across a PES5 player excel sheet?

Last edited:

Treviso Take Three Points From Season Opener

Treviso 2 - Brescia 0
Borriello 45'
Reginaldo 90'

TEAM:
Sereni - Maggio, Viali, Cottafava, Guigou - E.Filippini, Baseggio, A.Filippini, Muntasser(Parravicini 77') - Fava, Borrielo(Reginaldo 77')

Borriello.jpg

Borriello Struck Treviso's First

The Serie B season kicked off this evening and Professor Nutmeg's Treviso faced visitors Brescia at the Stadio Omobono Tenni. Two goals, late in each half, sealed victory for the Biancoceleste.

The first 45 minutes saw a cagey half, severly lacking in shots on goal. Treviso's Jehad Muntasser produced the game's first effort as he stroked a skillfully chipped shot from just outside the box, which flew inches over the crossbar.

It took until the 45th minute to register the game's first goal, when an alert Marco Borriello pounced on a defensive backpass. He pressured and challenged the Brescia keeper, winning the ball in the process and slammed it into the net from close range.

The second half saw Brescia come out fighting. The Lombardy outfit dominated proceedings with a large share of possession. Captain Luigi di Biagio's vigourous second half display almost produced an equaliser when his rocket shook the goal frame from 25 yards. Brescia continued to push, but in doing so left themselves wide open.
In second half injury time, the Biancocelste cemented the three points. Right back Christian Maggio reclaimed possession in his own third and quickly passed it out to Antonio Filippini. The midfielder was gifted acres of space and proceeded to bomb down the right flank as second half substitute Reginaldo, darted down the centre of the pitch towards the box. Filippini crossed first time looking for the Brazilian striker, who rose to beat his marker and placed a superb header just inside the left post, from the penalty spot.

In the league's other games, a Lucas brace helped Ajaccio to a remarkable comeback from 2-0 down to beat Cagliari 4-3 in Sardinia. Reggina managed a 1-0 victory over Empoli, while Cesena were held to a 1-1 draw at home to Mallorca.
Treviso are the Serie B early leaders.

SERIE B Week 1 Results:

Treviso 2 - 0 Brescia
Reggina 1 - 0 Empoli
Cagliari 3 - 4 Ajaccio
Cesena 1 - 1 Mallorca

Last edited:

Good start Prof...do you have an all Italian Serie A or are there French and Spanish teams aswell ????

100% Italian Serie A, gerd.

The other 3 Divs i've organised as per my last ML (dividing up areas of Europe) as it worked reasonably well when it came to European Competitions (ie not too many teams from any one country etc)

Last edited:

UEFA Champions League 2007/08 Update...

magath.jpg

Bayern Suffer Shock Exit

The knockout stages of the Champions League will look very different this season, because the famous name of Bayern Munich will for once be missing. Bayern crashed to a shock 1-0 defeat last night at home to Ascoli, newcomers to the European stage and mere minnows compared to Germany's most successful club.

The unexpected loss leaves Bayern four points adrift at the bottom of Group A, and with only one fixture remaining that is where the four-times European champions will stay. The loyal fans packed into the Alianz Arena last night would have been hoping for more, but Simone Motta's first-half strike proved enough to cause the upset and heap pressure on Felix Magath.

Even more disappointing for Bayern is that their visitors were worthy of the points. While the listless home side seemed to struggle to get a grip on the game, Ascoli set out with a snarl and made sure that they would never let their opponents settle. Matteo Brighi was cautioned early on for a dreadful scything tackle on Jens Jeremies, who was stretchered off for treatment and would later require substitution, but this was symptomatic of the way that Brighi and Cristiano were able to wrestle control of the centre of midfield. Brighi himself, perhaps lucky to still be on the pitch, then sent the energetic Valerio Virga racing beyond the defence and his squared pass found Motta for a composed sidefoot finish past Rensing.

Despite the best efforts of Schweinsteiger on the left and Lucio prompting from the back, Bayern were unable to claw back the deficit. The Italian back line was marshalled well by Matteo Contini and they were able to sacrifice an attacker for an extra defensive midfielder, a move designed to keep Bayern at bay while time ticked away. The Munich faithful are not used to their European campaign ending until much later in the season, and surely now nothing less than another Bundesliga title will earn their forgiveness.

In the other game in Group A, Real Madrid overcame Inter's challenge to notch their fourth win and seal an early position in the knockout stages as group winners.

Nice to hear your proggressing with your ML nerf. Good luck in the group stage.

-

Professor Nutmeg you can create a PES5 Excel file using the Complusion's PES5 Editor.

Treviso News:

Baseggio's 'Don't come and get me' plea

The former Belgian Footballer of the Year, currently on loan at Treviso, had recently been linked with a shock move to the Britannia Stadium after Stoke moved to appoint Dutchman Johan Boskamp as their new manager.

However, the Treviso ace put down the rumour in emphatic fashion, as he professed ignorance as to Stoke's location and complained about the long ball game associated with the English lower leagues. "For some people to suggest I have to re-launch my career is ridiculous," Baseggio moaned to Het Laaste Nieuws. "I don't even know where Stoke is in England. I know it's a good league, however I think I'd need a telescope to see all the balls flying over me."

Despite the apparent disdain Baseggio holds, Stoke are still hoping to sort out a deal. Professor Nutmeg, meanwhile, may wish to make Baseggio's move to Northern Italy permanent, in order to fend off any interest.

Baseggio.jpg

Baseggio: May need a telescope

Good to see you still here Nerf, hadn't seen you for a while.

Thanks SB & PLF. Yeah, this ML has been ticking along at a slower pace than my previous ones, and it hasn't really thrown up a lot to inspire me to write about. It's still fun, but all along I've been viewing it as an 'interim' ML, waiting for the real thing when I finally get my hands on PLF Data ;)

I'm still reading pretty much daily, even if I'm not posting a lot.

Right I've packed up my Rangers ML, and have moved on to US Lecce in the Seria A. However, after the first game, it keeps crasing after the development screen :( I've replayed in twice now and and keeps rebooting to dekstop :(

Using LODmixer and I changed some settings to the ML thing. Anyone else come across this?

It might be that you have created some players in the "Edit National Team" section and put them into various clubs, which you can't because they don't appear on ML...if thats not the case for you then i don't know.

See all does spaces in the "Edit National Team" section, Konami should of allowed us to edit new players into them instead of only new national team players!

Stringer Bell said:
It might be that you have created some players in the "Edit National Team" section and put them into various clubs, which you can't because they don't appear on ML...if thats not the case for you then i don't know.

See all does spaces in the "Edit National Team" section, Konami should of allowed us to edit new players into them instead of only new national team players!

Well I've started a new one after several attemps and this time turned off Auto-Save, as it kept crashing whenever that kicks in. Seems to work now.

Think I will enjoy this more, the Superpatch included a few more italian stadiums and chants.

Scandal at Ibrox

Rangers are today looking for another new manager, as recently installed Peter Eyres' left the club after falling out with the clubs multi-millionare chairman, David Murray. Rangers were cruising to the top of Division one, high on confidence, but the next few weeks will be vital to the Glasgow club, with many of the players and fans expressing their dissapointment towards Murray. Several tabloid newspapers have published conflicting details on the fall-out

Rangers however have a comftable gap at the top of the table, and Eyres had previously brought in several players in the summer transfer window.

Eyres has been spotted a 'Macri' aerodrome in the Apulia region of Southern Italy. Sandro Caroppo has confimed that Eyres is in talks to take the reigns of U.S Lecce, who have recently been under the care-taker management of Roberto Rizzo.

Eyres is expected to be in control of the first team for the game against Roma at the Stadio Olympico, and will then have his first home game in charge at the Stadio Via del Mare against Livorono the following week

20888014_58906c9eb0_o.jpg

US PALERMO WIN THE BATTLE OF EMPOLI:

Empoli - US PALERMO 1-2

(42' Cavenaghi PK, 45' Cavenaghi, 91' Vanucchi PK)
MOTM: Mutarelli

US PALERMO have secured their place at the top of Serie A after a dreadfull match against Empoli.
Palermo started with a hadicapped team due to injury. The entire midfield was either plagued by injuries or suspended.
Empoli made a very physical game of the match and the refere certainly did help on that aspect...The Empoli players got away with some horrific challenges...
In the end US PALERMO did the job in the 5 last minutes of the first half.
A brilliant Makinwa was fouled two times, the first one resulted in a penalty kick which was converted by Fernando Cavenaghi and the second one resulted in a free kick which was painted on the haed of the same Cavenaghi by Mutarelli. Cavenaghi headed the ball home in the top corner of the Empoli goal.
In the second half Makinwa, Cavenaghi, Brienza and Insua could have scored a third goal but a brilliant Empoli GK Mario Cassano prevented futher damage.
In injury time Empoli also got a penalty which was converted by Vanucchi, but that was not enough for Empoli.
At the post match press conference there was much ado about the referee.
Gerd DK's comment was rather laconic: "We won thematch and don't have any injuries that's all thereis to say. I never comment on referees and i'm not gonna change a life time attitude for that idiot."

Seria A Round 1

A.S Roma 0-2 U.S Lecce
Vucinic (2)

Two goals early in the second half gave Lecce a suprise win and three points in a fast paced game at the stadio olympico. Both teams played a 4-5-1 system and much of the battle was bogged down in midfield. But two superbly headed goals from Mirko Vucinic;) mounted pressure on the Roma side who have been in some what of a crisis.

Last edited:

PLF, you've done a lot of database stuff. Would you happen to have stats etc for Benfica players like Manduca, Marcel and Rui Nereu? Ta :)

EDIT: Nevermind, i nosed about PESfan and found info, although not on Rui Nereu.

Last edited:

Sorry Rui Nereu is only one I can't help you out with Prof :p

Calcio Update...

ferrante.jpg

Give Me That Contract!

Veteran striker Marco Ferrante sent his employers a message with two stunning goals as Ascoli defeated a poor Lazio 3-1 at the Stadio Del Duca last night.

The 36 year old is in the final year of his contract with the bianconeri, but while the club stall over the prospect of renewal, Ferrante has made it clear that he wishes to stay. "I hope to finish my career here", stated the experienced forward. "I would like to discuss my future with this club as soon as possible."

The calibre of finishing he showed last night will do his case no harm. His first was a spectacular diving header on the end of a dangerous cross from man-of-the-match Michele Fini, while the second arrived courtesy of a glorious chip over Angelo Peruzzi. Although Muzzi later pulled one back for the disappointing visitors with a neat second half volley, Ascoli wrapped up the points when substitute Carriello fed Bjelanovic on the counter-attack and the Croat made no mistake with the finish.

Ascoli's second consecutive victory keeps them on course for fourth spot, where they enjoy a seven point lead over Roma, but chances are slim of catching Inter in third - the nerazzuri demolished Lecce 6-1 to maintain their eleven point gap with seven fixtures to play.

Watch HIGHLIGHTS

PLF said:
Sorry Rui Nereu is only one I can't help you out with Prof :p

No worries, i base copied Benhamou (PSG), another short, young keeper, and created him from that.

@Nerf. Some quality goals there mate! Well worked. Question - Ferrante's 2nd goal. Did you press just :square: (shoot) or did you use the lob feature? Sweet chip nonetheless.

Last edited:

First of all, I enjoy reading your stories people, it's good to have an an imagination like you. About the ML, I've also tried several ML's, but I always end up beating the top teams with terrible teams like RBC etc. For that reason I always end up playing because there's no realism in it.

This is not to brag!! I just want to know what you guys do to make sure you don't win Division 2 in your first season, then go on winning it all in your second season while playing with a terrible team.

Hello Jooste, a rare appearance in here ;)

I have to admit, PES5 is the hardest yet imo. I haven't won promotion out of Div2 in my first season, i don't think and i could in past PES games. It feels as if the com tries it's hardest not to let you.
I generally pick poor teams too (my first ML was with Alavés). La Liga is quite a hard one, as Real and Barca disappear into the distance, scoring 4 to 5 goals a game and it's very hard to keep up. They also get al the top scorers/assists too.
I've only played the one ML so far and i've only won the Div 2 cup :( Not buying many players helps too. I also started with 5000 points in the Div2 season, when my salary was double that. This also helps keep it real.

Picking a rubbish team is the obvious one, that's pretty much essential. Other restrictions can help, most importantly in the transfer market. For example, I only allow myself three incoming transfers per season and only one of those can be a free transfer, and then I apply wage restrictions on top of that. It's too easy to go out and 'trade up' your poor players for good ones.

Something that worked in my De Graafschap ML in PES4 was to play a different and not particularly effective formation. Playing five at the back, with no width in the team aside from the fullbacks, makes scoring a little trickier.

If things get really easy, here's something a mate and I tried in a previous version. Using an external editor, we took the default ML players and reduced all of their attributes by about 20 points. That was a lot of fun ;)

I do however agree with Prof that PES5 is probably the hardest version so far overall.

Back
Top Bottom