PES5 ML Thread (see new PES6 thread)

Re: The All New PES5 Master League Thread.

Golasso Named Malaga Coach

Malaga announced Golasso as its new manager during a very brief news conference overnight. Golasso gave a very short and direct statement of his intentions for the club.

"I look at my tenure here in four year blocks. During the first term, we will achieve promotion, during the second term, we will reach Europe, and by the third term, we will dominate WEFA."

The new man urged that success will not happen overnight. "We are a proud but small club. I doubt that Ronaldo or Robinho will be coming here during the transfer window. Therefore, we will have to build from within. To the extent I bring new guys in, my transfer policy will be to bring in promising young players and some "old heads" on free transfers who can be leaders."

Malaga open the season against Mallorca at home.

Malaga Fail First Test

The Golasso era began with a wimper as Malaga fell at home 3-2 to Mallorca. The hosts were undone by an Okubo brace and a second half penalty. Malaga closed the gap with a penalty of their own converted by Counago with five minutes remaining, but time ran out.

"That performance was unacceptable" bellowed an angry Golasso. "There will be changes -- no one's position is safe!"

Coppa Italia 2008 Preview...

cristiano.jpg

Cristiano: We're Out For Revenge

As Ascoli prepare to face Milan in next week's Coppa Italia final, captain Domenico Cristiano insists that his side have not forgotten events of two years ago and will be looking to go one better this time.

Ascoli's return to Serie A in 2005/06 was highlighted by an unexpected cup run, one that took them all the way to extra-time and beyond in the final with Ancellotti's Milan. Once there, however, Dida and Steven Gerrard combined to win the penalty shootout for the rossoneri to bring a cruel end to the fairy-tale.

"We are a much better team now", claims Cristiano, a regular feature in the defensive midfield role for Ascoli. "Hopefully we can get our own back. This season has been unbelievable, we have competed in the Champions League for the first time, and it would be fantastic to cap it all with a trophy."

Ascoli have bypassed Lecce, Udinese and Juventus to come this far, while Milan have successfully navigated a more consistently tricky route via Fiorentina, Inter and Roma, scoring fourteen goals in the process, and Cristiano knows not to take the league leaders lightly.

"We will have to be on top of our game, of course. We know that Milan are dangerous and have players across the pitch who can hurt you. But we're confident, we're in good shape and I think we've shown this year that on our day we can compete with anyone."

Ascoli have no injury worries and a full squad to choose from, while defender Jaap Stam looks set to miss out for Milan with an ankle injury.

Last edited:

US PALERMO DRAW WITH JUVENTUS IN REVENGE FOR COPPA FINAL:

US PALERMO - Juventus 1-1
(45' Mutu - 84' Bouchouari).
MOTM: Santoni (GK): 7,5

Palermo's Belgian techical staff had mixed feelings after yesterdays draw against Juventus. They were happy with the point but they both realised that Palermo could have won the match.

Gerd DK: Juventus was the better during the first half and their lead after a defensive error was deserved. In the second half however, Palermo dominated Juventus. We had nothing to loose and became liberated from our inferiority complex against these Northern giants... I'm very happy for Hakim Bouchouari that he finally scored and a beauty it was...a ball curled in the right top corner...the best is yet to come from this team...

Jean-Marc Bosman was disappointed that Milan increases the gap with Palermo that still has the second place but is trailing 5 points now...

logo_sl.gif

Ball.gif
Setúbal Claim First Win

179525.jpg

Week 3:

boavista.gif
Boavista 0
vsetubal.gif
Setúbal 1 Reginaldo 65'

Team:
Coutinho - Xavier, Joao Miranda, Argel, Da Silva - Bruno Aguiar, Sandro, Cleiton - Hélio Roque, Reginaldo, Edgar Marcelino

Subs Not Used: M'Bolhi, Nuno Morais, Rósa, Carlitos, Varela

Formation: 4-2-1-3

Vitória Setúbal claimed their first win of the season over fancied Boavista in Week 3. Professor Nutmeg made only one change to his line-up, brining in keeper Coutinho for M'Bolhi.
The game proved very tight, with much of the action taking place in the midfield. Indeed, the deadlock was only broken by the visitors from an intelligent set piece. Setúbal breached Boavista's defence by executing a neat training ground routine free-kick - Reginaldo slotting past the keeper after two precise passes zig-zagged through the defence.
Boavista missed an opportunity to draw level when unmarked striker Drulic powered a header from a corner, down into the ground, from 5 yards out. Coutinho was equal too it as he reacted swiftly, parrying the goal-bound ball past his post.

Last edited:

logo_sl.gif

Ball.gif
"Os Estudantes" Taught
An Early Lesson

180000.jpg

Cleiton Tumbles To Ground In The Box

Week 4:

vsetubal.gif
Setúbal 1 Álvaro 2' (p)
academica.gif
Académica 0

Team:
M'Bolhi - Xavier, Joao Miranda, Nuno Morais, Yavuz - Bruno Aguiar, Rósa, Cleiton - Hélio Roque, Álvaro (Varela 75'), Caritos (Edgar Marcelino 80')

Subs Not Used: Coutinho, Fabri, Da Silva, Santiku, Tulio,

Formation: 4-2-1-3

Week 4 saw Setúbal pick up their second win of the season and first home win at the Estádio do Bonfim. The home side went ahead in the first couple of minutes when the referee spotted a shove on Cleiton in the box by Académica midfielder Felipe Teixeira. Álvaro grabbed the ball and calmly converted the spot kick down the centre, when he saw the keeper move early.
The score wasn't a fair reflection of the perfomance, however, but rather the bad luck, of the home side. They continued to outplay the visitors, who are yet to net a victory themselves, yet a host of chances were missed later on by Hélio Roque and Cleiton to name but two. Nonetheless, Setúbal claimed two back-to-back league wins, a feat that will fill them with much needed confidence, as next week they face Benfica in the Taça Divisão 1st Round, 1st leg. The last two victories also keep Setúbal's promtion hopes alive.

Divisão 2 (Top Four)

Sporting 12pts
Porto 10pts
Setúbal 7pts
Benfica 6pts

Last edited:

Thanks Db, but you know at 1-0 up you're never in the clear, especially when teams come back at you in the closing stages.

With regards to finances, we're in the black, so it's all good. It doesn't look as if there'll be any "Tchomogo affairs" this season. It remains to be seen whether we'll cover the costs for next season's wages though. The ML governing body, WEFA, are very strict when it comes to financial problems.

Good luck in the Final Nerf :)

Last edited:

Grazie mille, Professore. Milan beat us 3-1 in the league fairly recently, so we've got a psychological barrier to overcome. I remain quietly confident however.

Congratulations on your two clean sheets, do the same against Nuno Gomes and company and you never know...

Good job Prof and indeed good luck Nerf.
Last year my US PALERMO team beat Milan in San Siro by making good use of the space that is available on large pitches...Palermo's win in the final of the Coppa against Juventus was achieved the same way...much diagonal passing in space that is inevitably when matches are played on pitches like San Siro and De Kuip (were the final was played)
I hope for you the final is played on a big pitch...

vsetubal.gif

Breaking News

Setúbal To Welcome Vialli Aboard

vialli.jpg

Vialli will assist P. Nutmeg

Within the last few hours, Iberian Superliga club Vitória Setúbal have announced that ex-Chelsea FC and Watford FC manager, Gianluca Vialli will be joining the club in the role of assistant coach. The 1993 UEFA Cup winner will commence his job alongside Setúbal manager Professor Nutmeg with immediate effect. "I'm delighted with the opportunity to get back into management of club football and moreso to work with Professor Nutmeg." said Vialli. The Italian tactian, who took his UEFA coaching course in 2001, will most likely be in the dugout this weekend when Setúbal take on Benfica in the First Round, 1st Leg of the Taça Divisão. A club spokesman said: "We are happy to welcome Gianluca aboard and we hope his partnership with Professor Nutmeg will prove a success."

Chievo Verona - US PALERMO 0-2
(74' Makinwa, 78' Makinwa)
Motm: Villa (Palermo GK)

Another rough game... It's a miracle that Chievo came away without yellow or red cards...Palermo were clearly the better team but Makinwa missed virtually everything before goal...Chieve had 3 shots on goal during 90 minutes...but Villa needed three great saves in order to keep a clean sheet...

After 54 Makinwa did the unthinkable..he missed alone before an open goal...

And then after all the young talented Nigerian suddenly scored two beautiful goals...the first after a through ball from Izmailov was a perfectly performed volley...much ahrder than all he missed before that and the second was a diving header after a Brienza cross...

Another well deserved win for Us PALERMO who are still second after AC MILAN.

logozaragoza8es.gif

Real Zaragoza starts new season.

Under the command of the new chilean manager Cristian "Shando" Cardenas, Real Zaragoza has started with the right foot the new season. They have already won the first two games against Shaktar Donestik and FC Porto.

The fans at Zaragoza are excited with the team's performance, 4 goals and two clean sheets in the first 2 games of the season. Ewerthon and Diego Milito already look like possible score leaders of the league with 2 goals each. Ewerthon scored the winning goal against Shaktar Donestik, game that ended with a close 1-0.
"We are very happy with coach Shando, and we are going to put our best effort to win this year and win a spot at the LFP First Division." said Gabriel Milito.

55x55zaragoza0nj.gif
Real Zaragoza 3 - 0 FC Porto
fcportologo89328fq.gif

Goals

10' 64' D. Milito
46' Ewerthon

Man of the Match

17 - Ewerthon

A game dominated by Zaragoza from the start, with Diego Milito scoring at the 10' minute. The few attacking oportunities for FC Porto were shut-down by Diego's brother, Gabriel Milito, who had a great contribution in defence for the win. Ewerthon also had a great performance by scoring a excelent goal from mid-range and assiting Diego Milito for his second goal.

---

Hi everyone, i'm new to this thread.. hope i'm well recieved =P

Last edited:

Welcome in this thread shando and good luck with Real Zaragoza...we are all looking forward to your stories...

Coppa Italia Final 2008

cuphoist.jpg

Ascoli Stun Milan

Sasa Bjelanovic and Marco Ferrante scored the crucial goals as Ascoli came from behind to shock the cup favourites and five-time winners.

Gilardino had helped the Serie A leaders to an early advantage with a controlled volley from Gerrard's clever pass, but Ascoli drew level before half-time when Jaime Lozano jinked to the byline and crossed for an unmarked Bjelanovic to stab home at the far post.

It was no less than hard-working Ascoli deserved for their efforts during the first half, and midway through the second period they found a way in front. Bjelanovic drew the keeper and slipped the ball across to where Ferrante challenged Cafu and poked into the empty net; it may yet prove to be the veteran striker's last goal for Ascoli and he has never scored a more important one.

Milan had chances to pull the deficit back, both Kaka and substitute Vieri going close with headers, but Ascoli held on to engrave a new name on the trophy.

Watch HIGHLIGHTS

Last edited:

Golasso: "Now is the time to take the next step."

In a wide ranging interview, Malaga manager Golasso discussed the previous season, criticism of former players, and the upcoming 2006 campaign.

By any measure, the 2005 season was a mixed bag for the Andalucian club. A sixth place finish was very disappointing for all involved with the club. "We were poor, especially in front of goal" said the manager. Golasso chalked this up to nerves and a lack of confidence. "Nearly half of our goals came from the spot. It was like we were always looking to the referee to bail us out."

The high point of the season was the team's shocking victory in the Copa Menor (formerly the Division 2 Cup) Final. "It's always nice to get a piece of hardware in the cabinet, especially in your first season with a club. It gives us something to build on, but promotion to Division 1 remains our top priority."

It has been a busy summer for the American in the transfer market. While no one doubts that some changes were need, there have been some grumblings about a few of the moves. An player wishing to remain anonymous told this reporter that "he [Golasso] is in danger of ruining the spirit of the club. Some of the guys that have been shipped out I miss on a personal level. But I guess he is the boss." Golasso's response to the criticism: "I was brought here to do a job with limited resources at my disposal. If players want the team to stay more or less the same, then I guess they should start winning -- I make no apologies and these boys better start acting like professionals."

35_140x170.jpg

Great Expectations: Can Yeste Fulfill the Hopes of a Region?

Among the new signings are Luke Moore from Aston Villa, Francesco Tavano on a "free" transfer, Yeste from Bilbao, and unemployed defender Abel Xavier. The acquisition of Yeste came at a high price, as the influential midfielder Michel was sent packing. Golasso made no attempt to hide his feelings nor his professionalism regarding the Yeste deal. "I loved the lad, but I have to do what I have to do." Golasso is reportedly still looking to bring in another defender. After an upcoming friendly versus Celtic, Malaga will begin their promotion campaign.

PLF said:
Congrats Nerf! :applause:
Thanks PLF :). The final was followed up with a fourth place finish in the league, which is one better than last year and secures more Champions League football (or at least the qualifiers thereof). Milan, Juve and Inter were still way off in the distance this season though so there's plenty of catching up to do.

Newcastle Appoint Roti As New Manager

Ricardo Roti was announced as Newcastle United's manager in a press conference last night. The 42 year-old Portuguese was delighted to be appointed as the new head coach at Tyneside.

"It's a honour for me to be managing a big club such as Newcastle. This is an opportunity of a life time so I've got to try my best. There's some talented players in this club and I'm very happy to be able to work with them."

Roti was also glad that club captain Alan Shearer had once again postponed his retirement. "Alan Shearer is a very influental player and to have him in your team is very rewarding. He told me that he will definitely retire in January so I'll have to make the most of it."

"My aim for us this season is to reach Europe, and to do so we'll need to be united. But with the squad that we've got, it's very possible."

The press conference was also to announce the release of Freddy Shepherd's 2006 calendar. Shepherd, better known as Fat Fred told the reporters that the calendars will be available in almost all outlets starting from the closure of the January transfer window.

gallery11.jpg

Preview of the Freddy Shepherd 2006 Calendar.

Bad Start For Roti and Co.

Ricardo Roti's first game in-charge for Newcastle ended in a 2-0 in the hands of Arsenal at Highbury. Abysmal defending led to the first goal by Thierry Henry in the 3rd minute. Celestine Babayaro's desperate lunge in the penalty box on Dennis Bergkamp in the 19th minute resulted in a penalty, but Shay Given heroicly denied Freddie Ljunberg's effort. Alan Shearer was also guilty of missing a spot kick just before the break.

Newcastle tried to plot a comeback in the second half, introducing Kieron Dyer, Belozoglu Emre and Albert Luque. The trio indeed troubled the Arsenal defence, but Bergkamp's 75th minute goal made it even harder for Roti's men. Arsenal held on to win 2-0.

Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle
ARS - Henry '3, Bergkamp '75

Arsenal: Poom, Lauren, Cygan, Campbell, Cole, Hleb, Gilberto, Song, Ljunberg, Henry, Bergkamp (Reyes '89)

Newcastle: Given, Carr, Taylor, Boumsong, Babayaro, Solano (Dyer '60), Parker, Bowyer (Emre '45), N'Zogbia (Luque '60), Shearer, Owen

Man Of The Match - Henry (ARS)

Shearer Seals It

Ricardo Roti's first home game as the Newcastle manager saw second-placed Aston Villa visiting to St James' Park. Kieron Dyer and Emre was named in the first 11. The hosts made a bright start with Owen, Emre, Parker and Dyer missing chances. However, Villa took the lead against the run of play when Kevin Phillips latched on to the rebound after Shay Given had saved Milan Baros' effort five minutes from the break.

Newcastle stayed postive and got their deserved equalizer in the 56th minute. Dyer and Michael Owen combined well to set up Alan Shearer for ye another goal. But it was Shearer's 66th goal which resulted to a standing ovation when he was subbed off later. Owen went pass 2 defenders down the left flank and his cross into the penalty box was flicked cheekily by Nobby Solano's head. Shearer was there and took a bycicle kick first time. Thomas Sorensen had no chance. It was a happy day for Roti, who was delighted with his team's performance.

Newcastle 2-1 Villa
NEW - Shearer '56, '66
AST - Phillips - '40

Newcastle: Given, Carr, Moore, Boumsong, Babayaro (N'Zogbia '81), Solano, Emre, Parker, Dyer, Shearer (Chopra '81), Owen.

Villa: Sorensen, De La Cruz, Mellberg, Bouma, Samuel (Angel '75), Milner, Davis (Barry '87), Hendrie (Gardner '84), Berger, Phillips, Baros.

Man Of The Match - Shearer (NEW)

Current League Table
1 - Chelsea - 6pts
-----------------------
9 - Birmingham - 3 pts
10 - Newcastle - 3pts
11 - Portsmouth - 3pts

Hey guys I have been playing Master League for a while now on 6* as Manchester United and have some basic questions:

1. What does the 'regulate condition' option actually do?
2. How the hell do I sign players on free/out of contract transfers?
3. Does training actually achieve anything?

Thanks in advance :-)

nerf said:
Thanks PLF :). The final was followed up with a fourth place finish in the league, which is one better than last year and secures more Champions League football (or at least the qualifiers thereof). Milan, Juve and Inter were still way off in the distance this season though so there's plenty of catching up to do.
Yeah still a huge achievement though man! You must be a great player and anyway with some small reinforcements next year and a bit more quality in the side maybe you can improve your position by +1 again and finish 3rd and knock one of the big 3 off to a disappointing 4th place :)

take care

PLF can you help with my questions mate? (above your post)

To be honest since I've had PES5, I haven't had a single ML that's cuz I gotta fix up the data before I can enjoy it but I'll try to answer best I can anyway.
ninjabreakz said:
Hey guys I have been playing Master League for a while now on 6* as Manchester United and have some basic questions:

1. What does the 'regulate condition' option actually do?
2. How the hell do I sign players on free/out of contract transfers?
3. Does training actually achieve anything?

Thanks in advance :-)
1. Why dont you try it ? I did in We9 and what it does is that it changes the "Form Arrow" on your players? So if there is anyone with a gray and blue arrow.. once you hit that, they will change to at LEAST "Green" (which is normal).

So you'd think this is a good thing and it is if your star player is for example on a "Grey Arrow" for a big match against your biggest rivals but what it also does is it randomizes the players who had a good arrow like a "Red" or "Yellow" so they might also go down from that to "Green" which is normal.

So it can be a good thing or a bad thing but if you have a lot of your star players on red or yellow its probably better not to do it as it might make them green.

2. I think at end of first season, if you go to choose by team, there is also a team Konami set up for "Free Agents" like players out of contract where some of these people will appear. I'm not sure about all this stuff cuz like I said I havent played much.

3. Normal training? No.. its just for your practice but training at end of season yeah.. it improves stats as matches do.

That's best i can do

1 it regulates the condition of your players (what's in a name???)
2 search for them at the end of the season (there is an advanced search section).
3 not really

Thanks guys.

Does anyone else play on 6*? I play as Man United with an English Premier League, Serie A, Bundesliga and La Liga. I have renamed the cups: Carling Cup in Div.2 and FA Cup in Div 1. Also renamed WEFA championships/cup as UEFA Champions League and UEFA Supercup. Started with 5000 points so I have a tough challenge ahead.

I was promoted in my first season from Division 2 to Division 1 Premiership. I came first in Div.2 but did not win the cup.

Now in season 2. Just had mid-season transfer window close and sitting 8th in the Premiership but having a fantastic cup run. Beat Arsenal in the Quarter Finals of the FA Cup (5-4 on agg.) superb second leg at Old Trafford. I lost 2-1 at Highbury but came back at home! :)

Looking at signing one or two players at the end of the season - I will get rid of Bardsley and Richardson and get a big name in. I am very low on cash, though! Rossi has been developing well and has scored some fantastic goals!

Anyone mind me joining in on your master league thread? I have been reading your posts, real interesting guys! :applause: :)

Well you'll find the rest of us aren't exactly big team lovers like you and play with Man U but more like Alaves, Lower Dutch teams and have certain rules and restrictions applied to make the ML experience more realistic like NOT buying superstars, buying max 3 per season, not buying more than one player on free transfer per sesaon and only buying players that would come to our club in real life at that moment (so If I pick Strasbourg I'm not gonna buy Rooney) and also will sell clubs if a bigger club offers for him as they usually want to leave.

These are just few things to name that almost all of us here do I don't know about Golasso or Roti as they're newcomers to this thread too but nonetheless.. sure whether you want to abide by these same customs we do and play game like us or not.. you're welcomed to this thread as much as anyone else is! It's what its here for :)

I'm out now.

Back
Top Bottom