PES5 ML Thread (see new PES6 thread)

Re: The All New PES5 Master League Thread.

Professor Nutmeg said:
logo_taca.jpg
vsetubal.gif

Sandro: "The Cup Will Be Ours"

308686_MEDIUMLANDSCAPE.jpg

Sandro (right) bosses Setúbal's midfield

Setúbal midfielder Sandro has thrown down the gauntlet ahead of the Iberian Superliga Taça Final, which takes place next week, stating that the trophy won't be heading to Lisbon. "I'm confident that the cup will be ours at the end of the 90 minutes" said the Cape Verdean ace. Sandro is currently on a season long loan from FC Porto. Signed from Setúbal last summer, Porto have loaned him back for the duration of the 2005/2006 campaign.

The omens look good for Setúbal, as the last time Professor Nutmeg won this trophy was against the very same opposition, Sporting CP, during his days at Spanish minnows Deportivo Alavés.

Another player who would take great pleasure in facing Sporting CP at the Éstadio Nacional next week, is midfielder Beto. The Benfica ace joined Setúbal on loan in the mid-season transfer window in search of first team football. Since his arrival, Beto has successfully slotted into Nutmeg's system, registering two goals in the league so far, prompting fresh speculation that the club may well seek to secure his services full-time.

beto.jpg

Beto: Bring on Sporting

Hi Proff,

Enjoying your current ML mate!

Looking through the Winter Transfers thread on the Editing section, I was suprised how many players are currently on loan at your old haunt Vitoria Guimares.

Btw - think it's a good thing you got out of Alaves when you did as the chairman is getting crazier by the day!...

Deadly Dimitry strikes again
La Liga: If there's one thing you never do at Alavés it's overshadow or disagree with Dimitry Piterman. As Sid Lowe explains, Juan Carlos Oliva did both.

db

Hi mate, thanks.

Amongst those loans are Antchouet and Wesley from Alavés, as i'm sure you're aware. My impression of the Portuguese league is that it seems to rely a lot on loans - both the big clubs loaning players out and the smaller ones loaning them in.

That Mr Piterman is a card isn't he. His antics are rather amusing. However, i cited his knack of interfering with things as to why i eventually left the club. Speaking of which (irl) nice to Alavés temporarily out of the relegation zone (on goal difference) I hope they stay up. I watched them play Real the other day. It was a funny experience, as you've mentioned previously, seeing my old colleagues Astudillo, De Lucas et al running about.

logozaragoza3io.gif

Super Zaragoza!

The already ascended team is in their best form ever, and looking to achieve a space in the UEFA Champions League next season.

The winter transfer window has been very productive for the Zaragoza squad, since 4 new players had arrived. The first two were swap-transfers offered by two of the biggest clubs in the English Premier League: Arsenal and Manchester United.
"We were very impressed when Arsenal contacted us and said that they wanted to swap Flamini in for Granero. We knew that they wanted him in their team, but we didn't imagine that they would give us a top player like Flamini for him." said coach Shando.
Then Zaragoza recieved a call from Manchester United saying that they wanted to swap Zapater for O'Shea, wich was even more impressive than the previous deal.
The two remaining players were requested by Shando: Assou Ekoto and Nilmar. When we asked him about this signins he said this: "Assou Ekoto is an excelent defender, who also has a good amount of attack power and great vision for passing. When I assumed this charge I wanted him in my squad. I also needed another good attacker in the bench to rely on, one wasn't enough (Sergio García). Nilmar is amazingly talented and I'm sure that he will make a great contribution to our team.
Zaragoza has already won the D2 League and is looking forward to their next season on the DV1 of the LFP. With 10 games won in a row and no losses or ties, they were just unbeatable and, having 4 games left for the end of the season they already can relax and focus about the D2 Cup and of course, the next season.

untitled16rr.jpg
untitled29li.jpg
86012jf.jpg
42893683874ud.jpg

Flamini, O'Shea, Nilmar and Assou Ekoto.

US PALERMO CRUISING TO SECOND HALF OF THE SEASON.

SAMPDORIA - US PALERMO 0-1
(94' Makinwa)
MOTM: Vilar (GK)

A lucky win kept US PALERMO at the second place of Serie A. Sampdoria clearly were the better team but Paraguyan GK Vilar played a wsonderful match. In the 94 minute Palermo scored with a textbook counter. A Corini pass found Makinwa who blasted the ball in the upper corner of the goal from outside the box. This was Palermo's third shot on goal...
Palermo's technical staff admitted the lucky win and praised Sampdoria as the better team. Soom Sampdoria will have a chance to take revenge in two Coppa legs.

PaNathinaikos - US PALERMO 1-2
(32' Wooter, 47' Insua, 78' Caraciolo)
MOTM: Corini

Palermo were the better team in Athens but Nordin Wooter scored an opportunistic goal when Palermo GK Santoni dropped the ball after a shot from Gekkas. The Sicilian team never panicked and continued to dominate. Finally there captain Giuseppe Corini seems to regain his brilliant form of last season...Once again he was the inspiring leader who led his team to a good win. Argentinian allrounder Insua scored with a header and afterwards Corini gave another assist for a Carraciolo winning goal.
The fact that Milan have lost 3-4 to AS Roma means that Palermo are within a single point of the leaders...Juventus is third six point behind Palermo. Palermo is the only team in Serie A who hasn't lost a single match...

COPPA:

US PALERMO - SAMPDORIA 2-1
(35' Flacchi, 55' Bouchouari, 92' Bouchouari).
MOTM: Mariano Gonzalez

What must have been one of the most entertaining matches of the ongoing season provided a promising result for the second leg. Once again Sampdoria proved to be a tough nut for Palermo. This first leg saw three high quality goals: a outstanding volley from Flacchi, a clever free kick variation by Corini, Cavernaghi and Bouchouari (what a finish) and an injury time volley from Bouchouari after a long raid down the right side of Mariano Gonzalez.

In the mid-season transfer window Palermo bought young Portugese midfielder Moutinho from Sporting Lissabon.

wow you're on good form Gerd!

And just to make it sound like real life:

[real life mode] You must have paid a lot of money to acquire services of young and promising midfielder Joao Moutinho from Sporting mate [/real life mode]

heheh just put it there cuz i know in this game maybe you didn't or got him on free but he's a quality player and can become much better so I'm looking forward to hearing how he progresses and fits into your Palermo side in next couple seasons.

Well PLF, as a matter of fact Moutinho was rather cheap, a real bargain...(don't remember how much but since i' m working on a shoestring budget...).

This is one of the aspects of ML that is not very realistic...the transfer system is rather pants if you ask me...

The CPU virtually never bids on my own players and the CPU's transfers are rather weird...As much as i love the ML there really is much that can be perfected...there should be also a big difference in the budgets between modest clubs like Palermo and giants like Milan, Real, Man Utd...

What happens now is that the longer you play a ML, your team always get's stronger without ever losing good players. What i mean is the following: most of us like to play with a modest team and become rather succesfull...that should be reflected in the game itself...i.e. big clubs should be interested in the players of successful modest clubs...Look what happened IRL with rather successful clubs like Porto, Monaco and PSV: they lost quite a lot of their better players to giants like Chelsea, Milan, Man Utd and Barcelona...i miss that in PES ML.

Take care my Persian friend and one of these weeks i'm gonna PM you for your fantastic option file because i think i will start a second ML..not sure with what team i will do that however...

fa_logo.jpg

HAPPENINGS-mancrest.gif
chelsea.gif

FA Cup Final

Manchester United 0 Chelsea 2 (Drogba, J.Cole)

Premiership champions Chelsea beat United to lift the famous trophy. United were just not good enough to compete with an in-form Chelsea.

gerd said:
The CPU virtually never bids on my own players and the CPU's transfers are rather weird...As much as i love the ML there really is much that can be perfected...there should be also a big difference in the budgets between modest clubs like Palermo and giants like Milan, Real, Man Utd...

What happens now is that the longer you play a ML, your team always get's stronger without ever losing good players. What i mean is the following: most of us like to play with a modest team and become rather succesfull...that should be reflected in the game itself...i.e. big clubs should be interested in the players of successful modest clubs...Look what happened IRL with rather successful clubs like Porto, Monaco and PSV: they lost quite a lot of their better players to giants like Chelsea, Milan, Man Utd and Barcelona...i miss that in PES ML.
I agree, Gerd, that would be a great addition. I tried to encourage this in my Ascoli ML by putting my top four players on the transfer list every summer, but in three years of doing this I still only recieved one single bid (you might remember Fergie taking Cordova). Apart from that one exception it was a failed experiment, sadly.

Hi Gerd, Nerf

Do you think it matters how many players you place on the list ? I always put my best players on and havent had a sniff so far!

db

denirobob said:
Hi Gerd, Nerf

Do you think it matters how many players you place on the list ? I always put my best players on and havent had a sniff so far!

db

Pardon me, if i may :)

I don't think the amount of players is an issue. It only permits you a certain amount doesn't it? So that you don't go below 16 players or something? ie if you have 17 players, it'll only allow you to select one player.
I once selected only 2 or three players, i think and the com came in for one of them quickly, strangely enough. Do you guys leave them selected over the second half of the season, so the com has a chance to buy on the very first opening week next time round? I do that.

Db, do you place your "best" (highest stats) players you don't neccessarily want, on the list or your "best" (favoutite/plays well under you/would be gutted if they left) players on the list? Basically, which definition of "best"? :mrgreen:

hi mate

basically anyone at Metz who scores or looks vaguely threatning gets put on!

I think that players like Proment for example should always be allowed to leave if an offer from a larger club comes in.

In my Maritimo ML I only ever had offers for default players, so I hope this one won't be going the same way.

db

I recently had an offer for a non default player (Brienza from Palermo).

I list the players who got the highest average ratings in my squad for the league competition that season, that's what I use to define 'best' in this case.

I see what you mean Gerd and I totally agree. There's so much about ML that can be improved both structural wise, transfer wise and so much else but then again we've already been over this stuff a 100 times so it only makes me more sad to talk about it and see it STILL hasn't been fixed :(

And yeah when you want to start your 2nd ML, hit me up with a pm and I'll send it your way.

Same goes for you Nerf and DB,
take care

US PALERMO - Lazio Roma 2-0
(63' Silvignio o.g. - 78' Cavenaghi)
MOTM: D' Agostini

US PALERMO Line-up: Santoni - Zaccardo- Barzagli-Terlizzi-Grosso - Bonnani-D'Agostini-Moutinho-Izmailov - Cavenaghi-Bouchouari (4-4-2 with a "flat" midfield).
64' Corini in for Moutinho.
Inspired by Chelsea - Barcelona Silvignio scored an own-goal after another perfect cross from Massimo Bonnanni, clearly the best Palermo player this season uptil now...The second goal from Cavenaghi was a volley from an inpossible angle after an assist from D'Agostini.

Palermo's technical staff is happy that D'Agostini is playing better and better. I took him some time to adjust but now he's becoming a big asset for the team. Palermo's midfield with flair players sometimes lacks figthing spirit but super-subs like Corini, Barone and Mutarelli can come in and provide the necessary fighting spirit.

it doesn't. Unless you have the PC version. Juce's Lod Mixer fixes alot of the ML annoyances with regards to time of day/season/wheather/crowd levels etc.

Very nifty, and makes ML even more enjoyable.

I've played 7 seasons in my Hercales ML and the only weather change was a cold day, which i can tell by the players wearring gloves....apart form that notthing

But if you patch your game, there is some software that allows weather change in the ML.

Last edited:

I started a new ML with Hertha in a German League when I got WE9I for my Xbox.

Today I was playing and I had rain in one game!! Looks like Konami fixed it. The gameplay is a bit different too, but maybe it's just me.

Last edited:
Hi everyone i'm looking for some advice on what to do with a problem I have encounted in my master league. I started a ML on 5* on create original team mode and ended up making Boavista, I gave myself a 21 man squad to start of with and only allowed myself to have 1 player with a salary over 500 points (Jorge Costa a 34 year old portugese centre back who has a salary of 507 points).

I did my first season and finished 5th in division two and brought in a few players which I could afford on my shoestring budget, anyway at the start of my second season my wage bill wall 11910 points and I had only 280 points. I am now at the half way negotiations and have 4790 points but am in desperate need of a striker and I am thinking of buying Obinna who would cost me 2200 transfer points and 275 salary points leaving me 12185 points worth of a wage bill and 2590 to pay it.

Now here is where the problem really starts, if I do buy obinna chances are that with ten games to play till the end of the season I wont have enough to pay my wage bill before the start of next season seen as nobody is interested in buying any of my players so do I buy obinna release a load and leave only 16 players in my sqaud and then end up with a slight chance of having enough money to pay my wages or do I, leave it as it is release a few and hope I win enough games and get enough end of season bonuses to pay my wages?

What would you do ? any help is much apprichiated

I'm not 100% sure I understand your situation fully WW01 but from what I understand you already don't have enough cash or know if you'll have enough to pay for your end of season wage bill.

So surely doesn't it make sense to NOT spend ANY money (meaning dont buy Obinna or anyone else), release some players, put your best players on transferlist and HOPE that somebody comes in with offer (although unlikely due to gayness of game) and basically try to win all your matches from now on.

I mean if you don't even know doing all this would be enough, why risk it and spend even more money? that is unless you have zero fit or good strikers in which case then you shoudl get a good goal-scorer to win you some matches, I'm not if Victor Obinna will do that. He's more of a promising player for future and for you there might not be a future :lol: ;) (you might get gameover unless you start winning games) which means you need a cheap good striker who will score and win you games NOW!

Firstly mate thanks for the reply, now my situation is at this moment in time I dont have enough money to pay my team salary and its looking doubtfull that I will have unless I sell some players and or win at least 7 games.

Now i have just released about 8 players and now my funds are 5426 and my team salary is 9159, which doesnt seem that much of a gap but when you take into consideration i have 3 strikers (Hasan Kabze, Varela and Frutos) with 3 goals between them upto now its not looking likely I am going to win many games.

I don't know that much about Victor Obinna but he looked a decent enough player but if he isn't garenteed to do the job then like you say i will be in a worse situation than I am now and I font want to be in a worse situation. If I do buy someone i want to be certain he will definatly be able to deliver. Could you recommend anyone ?

Thanks again for the reply PLF :)

Just got droped off the Div 1 Cup =[

It was against Wolfsburg. The first game was away, draw 0 x 0. At home draw again, 1 x 1. Had lots of chances to win the game but I couldn't get it right.

Well, now let's try to keep the good campaign in the league.

1 - Bayern Munich - 30 pts
2 - Hannover 96 - 25 pts
3 - Stuttgart - 23 pts
4 - Hertha Berlin (me) - 21 pts
5 - Bayern Leverkusen - 21 pts

In 12 games, Bayern Munich scored 29 times!!

I had a poor start, but now the team is in good form, got 3 x 0 and 4 x 0 in the last games.

---

Soon the transfer period will start, let's see if I can grab someone. Some players caught my attention:

Necati Ates - Salary: 362
CF
Turkish
80 Shoot Accuracy, 82 Shoot Power, 83 Shoot Technique
25 yr.

J. Coelho - Salary: 410
CF
Brazilian
87 FK Acc., 87 Curling, 85 Acceleration, 83 Top Speed
19 yr.

Duda: - Salary: 404
SMF
Portuguese
87 FK Acc., 89 Curling, 83 Long Pass Acc., 85 Long Pass Speed
25 yr.

Last edited:

WelshWizard01 said:
Firstly mate thanks for the reply, now my situation is at this moment in time I dont have enough money to pay my team salary and its looking doubtfull that I will have unless I sell some players and or win at least 7 games.

Now i have just released about 8 players and now my funds are 5426 and my team salary is 9159, which doesnt seem that much of a gap but when you take into consideration i have 3 strikers (Hasan Kabze, Varela and Frutos) with 3 goals between them upto now its not looking likely I am going to win many games.

I don't know that much about Victor Obinna but he looked a decent enough player but if he isn't garenteed to do the job then like you say i will be in a worse situation than I am now and I font want to be in a worse situation. If I do buy someone i want to be certain he will definatly be able to deliver. Could you recommend anyone ?

Thanks again for the reply PLF :)
No problem about the reply mate, just trying to help.

I can't recommend anyone as I don't play with original stats as you know so I don't know who is how good. I can't recommend cuz you're not playing with my file so I can'tk now if the players who are good in reality and would do job for you in real life are actually any good in the PES data you're playing with.

But while I won't hand out any names (will do that later when you're playing with my file so I know the guy I recommend already has the stats he should have ;) but we'll have to wait for that), I think you'll find someone suitable yourself by searching.

The main thing is to remember though at this point you need GOALS and wins NOW.. not future. So I'd much rather have an avg 28 year old striker who will get the goals for me NOW than a future prospect who might not be up to task at this very moment like Victor Obinna who is a 18 year old Nigerian.

So I'm just saying even if you are gonna spend any money, make sure you don't fall in trap of buying a FUTURE superstar when you need something now!

But in my opinion with the gap not so much and if you can trade someone in without spending much money and get a better striker for a midfielder or something you dont need... do that but if you're gonna BUY someone without trade then maybe it's just better not to buy anyone and you will hopefully win enough matches to avoid "game over" and won't regret if it happens that you spent money when you should've saved.

But probably best thing to do now is to trade a player of any position you dont need for a CF that will get you goals now hopefully without spending much money (less than 1000). So you get an extra striker to provide depth and score goals and haven't spent too much.

Just my opinion.

take care

Thanks for that mate its a great help. Im going to take your advice and try and trade like you say better to have someone who can score me goals now rather than a future superstar. Im sure I will be able to get someone and if I cant then like you pointed out the gap isn't all that bad and with some good performances could be achievable. Thanks again for the help mate its much apprichiated

BTW. When will your file be coming out as im looking forward to using your stats rather than the default ones.

But probably best thing to do now is to trade a player of any position you dont need for a CF that will get you goals now hopefully without spending much money (less than 1000). So you get an extra striker to provide depth and score goals and haven't spent too much.

I agree with PLF. Perhaps C. Lucarelli from Livorno? Good shooting, heading and balance stats, although he's not quick. His salary is 500 and he's 30 years old.

Back
Top Bottom