PES5 ML Thread (see new PES6 thread)

Re: The All New PES5 Master League Thread.

Weird things happen in Palermo on the Meuse:

After two succesful seasons at the helm of Liège's favourites Standard it seems manager Gerd DK is on is way out. Strangely things got started in Istanbul where the Galatasaray board got rid of Eric Gerets to replace him by legend Fatih Terim.

Gerets found himself without a job but still in a comfortable position since the Belgian FA apparoached him immediately to coach the Belgian national team. The messenger for the Belgian FA was former Standard legend and Gerets' team mate Michel Preudhomme who still is active on the Standard board too. Gerets allegedly refused to coach for the Red Devils but nevertheless there were lenghty talks between Preudhomme and him.

Soon it became clear that Gerets got a proposal of entirely different nature: to become head coach of Standard for the next five years. Eric Gerets was the skipper of the last successfull Standard team who won the Belgian title in 1982 and played the final of a European Cup Winners cup against Barcelona in Nou Camp, the same year.

The gentleman as ever Preudhomme proposed current manager Gerd DK a job in Lisbon with Benfica where Preudhomme still has good contacts. Gerd DK refused the job.

The relatively unknown but succesfull coach was sacked because the Standard board thinks he lacks charisma and communication skills.

Gerd DK preferred not to comment on the situation but he was seen boarding a plane to Rome...

Wow... very interesting Gerd! I wonder why this happened?? hahhha perhaps Gerd is relishing the chance to manage a small-time EPL team to glory until rest of PLF data gets done?? :lol:

haha just kidding mate but I'm very interested to know what happens next! :D

Off the record PLF (completely off the record of course)...In the mid-season interval i transferred to many players to Standard (well 3 to be honest: CB Mbuyi, CB Jorge Costa and striker Helder Postiga) and forgot to look at my financial situation...so i had financial problems and it was game over before the season began...why does every good ML has to end in a stupid way...In PES4 i simply erased a Metz ML and afterwards a very enjoyable (the best i ever did) Wolfsburg ML...I really liked the Standard one...
Michel Preudhomme is a real gentleman for not saying that manager Gerd DK is useless in financial matters....
A good source tells me that Gerd DK is in Southern Italy talking with the board of a club who desperately needs a new manager...Gerd DK is still valued for his tactical knowledge and his motivational skills but will receive support from financial skilled people...
Read all about it here....

So gerd, off the record, you were sacked for your financial mishaps. Or that's just a smokescreen and you're actually boarding that plane with a briefcase full of Standard's Euros :mrgreen:

More off the record stuff. I played a friendly against "Gli Pelati" or "The Bald Ones" recently, one of Nokami's funny little hidden teams, which also include teams like, the Jaguars (fastest players), The Oxen (highest stamina), The Galacticos (loadsa money), and The Little Rascals (midgets) :lol: etc...

Hey Professor Nutmeg i read your site and you've got a good group in the CL qualifers...just hope the sames for the final group.

gerd said:
Off the record PLF (completely off the record of course)...In the mid-season interval i transferred to many players to Standard (well 3 to be honest: CB Mbuyi, CB Jorge Costa and striker Helder Postiga) and forgot to look at my financial situation...so i had financial problems and it was game over before the season began...why does every good ML has to end in a stupid way...In PES4 i simply erased a Metz ML and afterwards a very enjoyable (the best i ever did) Wolfsburg ML...I really liked the Standard one...
Michel Preudhomme is a real gentleman for not saying that manager Gerd DK is useless in financial matters....
A good source tells me that Gerd DK is in Southern Italy talking with the board of a club who desperately needs a new manager...Gerd DK is still valued for his tactical knowledge and his motivational skills but will receive support from financial skilled people...
Read all about it here....

Come come now my friend, isn't it true that after this debacle at Standard you have been shunned by the footballing community and have been reduced to this....;)

belgian_chocs_man_352x470.jpg

I wish that would be true Db, although financially that would be a disaster because i'm hooked on chocolates...When i was Standards succesfull coach there were talks about a "Gerd DK" chocolate - line
The way my short spell with Standard enden is a real PR disaster and i'm afraid that my next assisgnment might be an unsaviourous team...

I can tell you all that i haven't the benefit of a broad choice (Palermo, Messina, Empoli, Reggiana or Cagliari)...but in the end i will strike back with stunning results...

:lol: This thread is f'n brilliant!!!! :mrgreen:

Everyone's got good sense of humour and makes you crack up lol!!!

I'm not sure if the unlucky Gerd DK thinks this particularly funny PLF...well luckily the food in Southern Italy and the Italina islands is good...and if everything goes wrong: there is still a football team in La Valetta...

hehe no mate I wasn't particularly laughing at your situation but the picture DB posted as well as comments of Prof :).

But yeah it sucks your nice ML ended that way but oh well you never know.. things work out like that for a reason maybe and you're bound to have your most successful career as manager in your next challenge in ITaly maybe! :p

and also it was real cool/classy of Mr.Preudhomme to not tell public about your financial mishaps :).

That's the way mr Preudhomme is, he's a real ace...salt of the Earth...

The mystery is solved: Gerd DK is the new manager of PALERMO US

After a short period of speculations about the future of success coach Gerd DK, finally news has come from the beautifull island of Sicily.
Gerd DK was presented today as the new coach of Sicilian outfit Palermo US.

In an early press conference DK was reputed talking about a huge challenge, an fascinating league and a new squad to discover.

DK was just in time to witness his new team loose the first match of the season against Juventus at Delle Alpi.

Juventus - Palermo US 1-0 (Nedved)

At the beginning of the season Gerd DK brought one new player in Palermo, the completely unknown Moroccan CF Hakim Bouchouari. "Ten years ago, i saw him play in a lower league match in my own village" said DK "From then on i knew he was a big talent. It took some time but last season he finally had the opportunity to play for a first division club. He played a fantastic season for Lokeren and i wanted to buy him for Standard, but everybody knows how that story ended"

It will take me some time, but i'm sure that this team will play some good football and will gain lots of points in the matches to come...

Palermo players relax at training centre, now the serious business begins...

http://www.ilpalermocalcio.it/img/top/326.jpg

Last edited:

Complete new start eh Stan? Complete with avatar :)

Nice to see how the things are going for you Prof. Still enjoying the Alaves ML journey a lot? And how is Rubén Navarro playing in your ML Prof? In my ML he is at Deportivo and is always a threat to me when I play against them.

Im still in my tirth season and one match to go before winterbreak i am standing on place number 3.. I hope I can sell one (or more) of these players Streller, Moobali, David Aganzo, Dalmat, Matabuena, Oscar Serrano or Bertin cause they are waaaay to good for me. Streller and David Aganza both made 6 goals and are fucking deadly infront of the goal. So as you notice my ML got again a bit too easy.. I still enjoy it and I hope after the negotiations I could sell some players and that the second half of the season is great like it was!

Cheers

Hi GFK. I'm still enjoying things at Alavés. Of course, it's quite exciting around here as we're in Europe this season. However, it's not looking good. So far we've lost twice (CSKA Moskva & PSG) and drawn once (PSV) in the qualifiers. So unless we turn it around, we'll be heading for the WEFA Cup. Perhaps a final against Liverpool in Dortmund beckons ;)
We did, however get our first win of the new season against Betis on day 3. A good old thrashing, thanks to Wesley.

I'm hoping to carry on this ML until the end of the transfer window, at which point i will take up a new challenge (hopefully nobody from the club is reading this :-$ 8-[ ) I have an idea whereabouts in Europe my next ML will be. But until then, Aupa Alavés!

Wesley Hat-trick Beats Betis

Last edited:

Hey Db, i see Ouadah has chopped his barnet. Was that your doing? :mrgreen:
I take it you'll have to create Lobaton too, right? You've got a huge squad there. I imagine your wage bill will be quite substantial, perhaps 11000 up. Who's going to get the chop?

Good revenge for Robert Prof...

US PALERMO played their first match under new manager Gerd DK.

US PALERMO - LIVORNO 1-0 (Carraciolo)

Manager Gerd DK was delighted with the performance of his new team in difficult match against a good team. Palermo played constantly on the half of Livorno and showed to be a technically skilled team who can win duels for the ball. Ironically the only goal fell on a counter. After a corner for Livorno man of the match Massimo Bonnani made a long raid down the right side of the pitch. His long pass was inch perfect and Caraciolo scored a beautifull volley. Very good goal after a very good match.

Key players in this match: Bonnani - Caraciolo - Codrea and Makinwa.

Overall the Palermo fans seemed deligthed with the first performance under the newe manager. Discussions on internet forums however show some concern about the fact that Gerd DK is not exactly known as a manager who can run a club on a shoestring which will be needed in Palermo since the club is financially in dire straits.

During the press conference after the match a Belgian journalist asked questions about the reason for his departure (some say sacking) at Standard. Dk's answer was rather evasive: he talked about "bad internal communication" and "misunderstandings"...Despite the good start the jury is still out on this manager.

gerd said:
Good revenge for Robert Prof...

It's a classic in football isn't it. You see it often. The ex-employee facing their old club and scoring. Lua Lua against Newcastle, whilst on loan at Portsmouth for example etc...

How are you finding Makinwa? I bet you're glad he didn't go to Inter in the summer.

Professor Nutmeg said:

Just been catching up with all the Alaves noticias mate.

I bet he celebrated like a madman too!!

Stan/Gerd - good luck on Sicily mate, i wont make any cheap jibes about the possibility of sleeping with the fishes :), but make sure you sleep with one eye open that's all I'm saying

db

Re: Heracles Almelo Master League Season 2005 (After Day 7)

This is where i left off last before my PS2 stopped working.

Struggling...

Stringer Bell said:
0506uvitesse_4.jpg

Heracles lose their fourth match running, against Sparta

N.C.E. Super League Division 2

Been finding it difficult to win a game, only managed 3 draws and 2 goals! There nothing much to say. :lol:

League Table
1 Kaiserslautern.......18
2 B. M’gladbach........13
3 Willem II...............13
4 FC Koln.................10
5 Sparta Rotterdam..10
6 RKC Waalwijk.........7
7 Vitesse...................5
8 Heracles Almelo.......3

League Top Scorer: Sforza (Kaiserslautern) 4 Goals
League Top Assistor: Berkant (Kaiserslautern) 4 Assist

N.C.E. Div2 Cup

Got knocked out in the first round by Vitesse, 3-0 on aggregate. Loss 1-0 at home and away got beat 2-0.

Other Results
Willem II 1-0 Sparta Rotterdam
FC Koln 2-3 B. M’gladbach
Kaiserslautern 5-2 RKC Waalwijk

Semi-Finals
Vitesse vs. Willem II
B. M’gladbach vs. Kaiserslautern

Players

My best player so far is Jansen, scored a sweet freekick in the 1-1 draw with Koln…has a knack of getting up the wings and supporting the attacking play. Hellings has been solid for me in midfield and has a rocket of a shot on him. Hoogma and Reekers has been poor so far in the defense, been easily pushed away during crosses and letting strikers score past them. Also the small guy upfront has been alright, only one goal, he might be pushed into the wings/midfield while Hirayama, Tamerus or Calincov might get a look in. Others players have played their part during the past seven games, only a small squad so everyone can get a chance to impress.

Transfer

No players brought in. I tried to loan out one of my young players like Klavan, Wijnterp, Wuytens or Hirayama…but no clubs wanted to negotiate.

Finance

Funds: 6240
Team Salary: 7199

A player might need to be sold to get some income to the club. Don’t really want to sell any of my players, so I might need to win a couple of games since I’ve been knocked out of the league cup already.

Last edited:
Wigan Master League Season 2005 (End Of Season)

0506uado_2.jpg

Another single goal conceded!

N.C.E. Super League Div2

Well I went 14 league games without a win, probably my worst league form in PES! Drew 7 lost 7! Never really could score a goal during games, only 3 scored, but my defensive record wasn’t bad, 10 goals conceded, which was the third best defense in the league…so there is a positive for the season, just need to stop giving silly goals away!

N.C.E. Super League Div2 Table
1. FC Kaiserlautern...28
2. Willem II..............25
3. B. M’gladbach.......23
4. Sparta Rotterdam..23
5. FC Koln................22
6. RKC Waalwijk.......19
7. Vitesse.................12
8. Heracles Amelo.......7

League Top Scorer: Sforza (Kaiserslautern) 6 Goals
League Top Assistor: Berkant (Kaiserslautern) 5 Assist

*The two relegated teams, from Div1, were FC Groningen and FC Twente.

N.C.E. Div2 Cup

Got knocked out in the first round by Vitesse, 3-0 on aggregate. Loss 1-0 at home and away got beat 2-0.

Semi-Finals
Vitesse 0-1. Willem II
B. M’gladbach 2-1 Kaiserslautern

Final
Willem II 1-2 B. M’gladbach

Players

My best performers were Sluijter and Jansen. Other players done fairly well for me, that’s if you can call shit fairly well! Managed to get 2 goals out of Quansah and 1 from Hirayama….enough said!

Transfers

IN:

Van Steensel (FC Utrecht) ---------> Heracles Amelo – Free (3 year contract)

Van Steensel is a 21 year old defender who I hope can be a key player for me next season. I’ve put him straight in the starting line-up, replacing ageing defender, Hoogma (former captain). Played him in three pre-season games and he managed to play the full 90 minutes of each match, also switched him to the left-back position and did equally well for me. This could be a shrewd purchase for me especially if he becomes a quality in the future.

Edusei (Sampdoria) -----------------> Heracles Amelo – Free (5 year contract)

Edusei will be a squad player for my team, but equally a important player. Since I only had three natural midfielders, he can add to a bit of depth to my squad. He is a CMF who can play as SMF, which is good because of the formation/tactics I use. He also poses a stamina of 85, which helps since he’ll be doing a lot of running for me when he plays. Only 29 so his reached his peak but still a decent asset to my squad.

OUT:

-None-

Finance

Funds: 720
Team Salary: 8124

Quite a bit of money I need to make! I might have to sell a player if things get drastic. Just don’t want to get a GAME OVER again!

Last edited:

denirobob said:
Just been catching up with all the Alaves noticias mate.

Thanks, you helped push today's bandwidth usage to a mighty 2% :mrgreen:

denirobob said:
I bet he celebrated like a madman too!!

You're not wrong their mate. He ran to the corner flag and then symbolically turned his back on the PSV crowd and then walked away, pointing to his name on his shirt.

Last edited:

Stringer Bell said:
0506ufey_5.jpg

Another single goal conceded!

N.C.E. Super League Div2

Well I went 14 league games without a win, probably my worst league form in PES! Drew 7 lost 7! Never really could score a goal during games, only 3 scored, but my defensive record wasn’t bad, 10 goals conceded, which was the third best defense in the league…so there is a positive for the season, just need to stop giving silly goals away!

N.C.E. Super League Div2 Table
1. FC Kaiserlautern...28
2. Willem II..............25
3. B. M’gladbach.......23
4. Sparta Rotterdam..23
5. FC Koln................22
6. RKC Waalwijk.......19
7. Vitesse.................12
8. Heracles Amelo.......7

League Top Scorer: Sforza (Kaiserslautern) 6 Goals
League Top Assistor: Berkant (Kaiserslautern) 5 Assist

*The two relegated teams, from Div1, were FC Groningen and FC Twente.

N.C.E. Div2 Cup

Semi-Finals
Vitesse 0-1. Willem II
B. M’gladbach 2-1 Kaiserslautern

Final
Willem II 1-2 B. M’gladbach

Players

My best performers were Sluijter and Jansen. Other players done fairly well for me, that’s if you can call shit fairly well! Managed to get 2 goals out of Quansah and 1 from Hirayama….enough said!

Transfers

IN:

Van Steensel (FC Utrecht) ---------> Heracles Amelo – Free (3 year contract)

Van Steensel is a 21 year old defender who I hope can be a key player for me next season. I’ve put him straight in the starting line-up, replacing ageing defender, Hoogma (former captain). Played him in three pre-season games and he managed to play the full 90 minutes of each match, also switched him to the left-back position and did equally well for me. This could be a shrewd purchase for me especially if he becomes a quality in the future.

Edusei (Sampdoria) -----------------> Heracles Amelo – Free (5 year contract)

Edusei will be a squad player for my team, but equally a important player. Since I only had three natural midfielders, he can add to a bit of depth to my squad. He is a CMF who can play as SMF, which is good because of the formation/tactics I use. He also poses a stamina of 85, which helps since he’ll be doing a lot of running for me when he plays. Only 29 so his reached his peak but still a decent asset to my squad.

OUT:

-None-

Finance

Funds: 720
Team Salary: 8124

Quite a bit of money I need to make! I might have to sell a player if things get drastic. Just don’t want to get a GAME OVER again!

Hi mate, i know that youre a fairly young fella, but all this stress is gonna take it's toll sooner or later.

How are the fans taking the poor form ? do they understand that you're gonna need time to turn things around ?

db

ps - you might like this.... link

Professor Nutmeg said:
Thanks, you helped push today's bandwidth usage to a mighty 2% :mrgreen:

You're not wrong their mate. He ran to the corner flag and then symbolically turned his back on the PSV crowd and then walked away, pointing to his name on his shirt.

quality mate, although perhaps he could of done something similar to this chap although perhaps with a lightbulb! ;)

5. “What’s up, Doc”?
Nothing imaginary about the antics of Edmilson Ferreira, a striker with Brazil’s Atletico Mineiro, who celebrated scoring a goal against derby rival America-Belo Horizonte by pulling a carrot from his shorts and munching on it. Fans of America-Belo Horizonte, whose nickname is the Rabbits, were outraged, while players became recklessly hostile. Edmilson was spat on by one player and hacked down by another, who was sent off.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/the-ten/2005/01/29/1106850156679.html

denirobob said:
Hi mate, i know that youre a fairly young fella, but all this stress is gonna take it's toll sooner or later.

How are the fans taking the poor form ? do they understand that you're gonna need time to turn things around ?

db

ps - you might like this.... link
lol it's not really stressing me out, i'm enjoying it because i always wanted a challenge like this :) but it still can be a bit annoying when your putting 100% in trying to win matches and your still losing!

Next season will be crucial for me because Hoogma and Mass are going to retire and i need to make enough money to buy a few players. I'm putting my all into the Cup matches.

BTW i've already visited that site :mrgreen:

denirobob said:
quality mate, although perhaps he could of done something similar to this chap although perhaps with a lightbulb! ;)

5. “What’s up, Doc”?
Nothing imaginary about the antics of Edmilson Ferreira, a striker with Brazil’s Atletico Mineiro, who celebrated scoring a goal against derby rival America-Belo Horizonte by pulling a carrot from his shorts and munching on it. Fans of America-Belo Horizonte, whose nickname is the Rabbits, were outraged, while players became recklessly hostile. Edmilson was spat on by one player and hacked down by another, who was sent off.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/the-ten/2005/01/29/1106850156679.html

heh heh , nice one. As it happens, i do encourage my players to be creative with their celebrations.

wbcarrot_narrowweb__200x255.jpg

Back
Top Bottom