PES5 ML Thread (see new PES6 thread)

Re: The All New PES5 Master League Thread.

Calcio Update...

img_archivio1122005181041.jpg

Cordova To Stay?

Transfer speculation is building around Ascoli's Chilean star Nicolas Andres Cordova, who caught the eye last season with some sparkling displays in midfield for the Serie A minnows.

President Benigni has, however, spoken out defiantly against suggestions that Cordova will be leaving the club this summer. "Nicolas signed a new contract recently and is happy to stay here. I spoke earlier this week about a more entertaining Ascoli next season, so why would we sell our most exciting player?"

Cordova was handed Ascoli's Player of the Season award for his efforts last season, during which he was the club's top scorer with eight goals.

"What Nicolas needs now is stability", insists Benigni. "We are his fifth club in Italy already and he's now showing his quality. A move would make no sense for the club or for the player".

...Contini To Go

thumbL_4contini_matteo_azione360.jpg

In other Serie A news, Parma defender Matteo Contini has been told his contract will not be renewed at the Ennio Tardini. The 25 year old will be looking for a new club this summer while Parma start to reconstruct their defence in a bid to improve on last season's unexpected 5th place.

Nice to see everyone's ML is rolling again!
I would like to thank Prof., my ML is brilliant! As I stated, I started my ML in Division 2 with Racing Santander with 5000 points and on 6*. It didnt missed his effect, the season is over and I have won 4 times, lost 5 times and draw 5 times. So a total of 17 points which was waaaay to less to get promoted. I finished 6th or something :) So this was finally the ML i was hoping for and to make things worse; I had to cheat too :) My wage was 8000 and I just had 7400 at the end of the season.. So i played some matches on 2* after the season to get my points.. Otherwise it would be game over :)
i have one big problem in my team and that is that I just scored 5 goals (!) in a whole season! Although David Aganza and Antonito are stable strikers.. I think the problem is the midfield; Felipe Melo, Oscar Serrano and Dalmat are nice players but noone of them as a good pass in his legs (except Dalmat but he never shows it) So my first priority is to find a AMF who can pass a ball good. Apart for the AMF my team is pretty stable. I was thinking of Paolo Sousa (ex-De Graafschap) but he doesnt want to come.. Anyone has any ideas? I hardly have money (1400 maximum) but I can trade Antonito.. I thought of Nasta Ceh but I cant trade him and he costs 3400.. Hm i really love this ML :)
Oh and to come back to you PLF, in the winterbreak I would like to buy a height so good balanced attacker and I was thinking of Lange.. I have seen him play in reallife so I know he is a good striker but what do you think? Would he come to RC Santander?
Anyway, soon I will post a post about my team.

Good luck everyone with the ML!

GFK said:
Nice to see everyone's ML is rolling again!
I would like to thank Prof., my ML is brilliant! As I stated, I started my ML in Division 2 with Racing Santander with 5000 points and on 6*. It didnt missed his effect, the season is over and I have won 4 times, lost 5 times and draw 5 times. So a total of 17 points which was waaaay to less to get promoted. I finished 6th or something :) So this was finally the ML i was hoping for and to make things worse; I had to cheat too :) My wage was 8000 and I just had 7400 at the end of the season.. So i played some matches on 2* after the season to get my points.. Otherwise it would be game over :)
i have one big problem in my team and that is that I just scored 5 goals (!) in a whole season! Although David Aganza and Antonito are stable strikers.. I think the problem is the midfield; Felipe Melo, Oscar Serrano and Dalmat are nice players but noone of them as a good pass in his legs (except Dalmat but he never shows it) So my first priority is to find a AMF who can pass a ball good. Apart for the AMF my team is pretty stable. I was thinking of Paolo Sousa (ex-De Graafschap) but he doesnt want to come.. Anyone has any ideas? I hardly have money (1400 maximum) but I can trade Antonito.. I thought of Nasta Ceh but I cant trade him and he costs 3400.. Hm i really love this ML :)
Oh and to come back to you PLF, in the winterbreak I would like to buy a height so good balanced attacker and I was thinking of Lange.. I have seen him play in reallife so I know he is a good striker but what do you think? Would he come to RC Santander?
Anyway, soon I will post a post about my team.

Good luck everyone with the ML!
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL I've only socred 2 goals the whole season and not only that but i went the whole season without a win.
-
BTW Prof. nice websote you got there...not the best but it's nice :mrgreen:

Last edited:

A couple of decent AMF's: Ceh like you mentioned, Jonathan Blondel (Brugge), Leko (Brugge), Danny Murphy, Iniesta (i'm not sure if you have enough cash for the last two), Skoko (Wigan Athletic), Zetterberg (but he's old), Bassegio (in PES better than irl), Romagnoli (one of the PES-Shop Players).

Oh and Lange is a good striker...

Thanks gerd, I think I will go for Ceh. With his age he can add some experience to the team too. I just have to sell one player though..
I will also check out Skoko and Blondel. Im pretty sure I never can get Bassegio. I tried to buy him many times, also in my other ML, but he never wants to come :)

Oh Stringer, Calincov is lent out by Heereveen and not Anderlecht.

Good to hear you're enjoying the struggle mate. I too, hardly scored any goals in the first season. Div 2 is a serious battle.
On the subject of formations, particularly if you sign Ceh, i would play a 4-4-2 with the 2 SMFs (who can also be AMFs btw, and are, in this example) pushed forward slightly. I'd stick Ceh on the left with an arrow pointing diagonally infield and S. Dalmat on thr right with his arrow pointing diagonally inwards too. Stick 2 CMFs/DMFs in the centre of midfield and allow Ceh and Dalmat to venture forward and pepper the area with crosses or cut in.

SB - thanks, it's just a simple log site really, nothing fancy.

Last edited:

Professor Nutmeg said:
Good to hear you're enjoying the struggle mate. I too, hardly scored any goals in the first season. Div 2 is a serious battle.
On the subject of formations, particularly if you sign Ceh, i would play a 4-4-2 with the 2 SMFs (who can also be AMFs btw, and are, in this example) pushed forward slightly. I'd stick Ceh on the left with an arrow pointing diagonally infield and S. Dalmat on thr right with his arrow pointing diagonally inwards too. Stick 2 CMFs/DMFs in the centre of midfield and allow Ceh and Dalmat to venture forward and pepper the area with crosses or cut in.

Ok, thanks for the tip Prof. It sounds like a good formation and more important is that the scoring chances will for sure get up instead of my 4-5-1 formation which i use now. But its still a question if I can buy Ceh. I hope I can sell one player so that I can buy Ceh, the question is if I have to sell a midfielder or a striker. Which has influence on the formation too.. Now I will play PES5 and see what comes out. Will let you know guys!

nerf said:
Calcio Update...

img_archivio1122005181041.jpg

Cordova To Stay?

Transfer speculation is building around Ascoli's Chilean star Nicolas Andres Cordova, who caught the eye last season with some sparkling displays in midfield for the Serie A minnows.

President Benigni has, however, spoken out defiantly against suggestions that Cordova will be leaving the club this summer. "Nicolas signed a new contract recently and is happy to stay here. I spoke earlier this week about a more entertaining Ascoli next season, so why would we sell our most exciting player?"

Cordova was handed Ascoli's Player of the Season award for his efforts last season, during which he was the club's top scorer with eight goals.

"What Nicolas needs now is stability", insists Benigni. "We are his fifth club in Italy already and he's now showing his quality. A move would make no sense for the club or for the player".

...Contini To Go

thumbL_4contini_matteo_azione360.jpg

In other Serie A news, Parma defender Matteo Contini has been told his contract will not be renewed at the Ennio Tardini. The 25 year old will be looking for a new club this summer while Parma start to reconstruct their defence in a bid to improve on last season's unexpected 5th place.

Hi nerf,

I'm enjoying your stories and the focus on the Andean hitman, I hope you can keep hold of him when the big boys start knocking on your door

db

gerd said:
A couple of decent AMF's: Ceh like you mentioned, Jonathan Blondel (Brugge), Leko (Brugge), Danny Murphy, Iniesta (i'm not sure if you have enough cash for the last two), Skoko (Wigan Athletic), Zetterberg (but he's old), Bassegio (in PES better than irl), Romagnoli (one of the PES-Shop Players).

Oh and Lange is a good striker...

Ah Ceh - my heart still skips at beat at the mere mention of his name :)

May I suggest Hector Font of Villareal. I went to the game yesterday, and both he (and Marcos Senna) were impressive.

db

Professor Nutmeg said:

Hi Proff,

I'm really looking forward to the challenge of Ligue 2, with the 8 selected clubs being confirmed later today by the FFF. I'm going to go for it on 5* which is a level I've never tried before.

db

ps - What your site lacks in quality it makes up for in quantity mate :D

I'm

Le Championnat 2006...

La Federation Françoise de Football today announced the 24 clubs that will comprise the top two divisions in the 2006 Championnat. With 16 sides selected for the top flight, the remainder will occupy the 8 places in Ligue 2 and battle it out for two priceless promotion slots.

Lorraine & Alsace based outfits FC Metz, Nancy and Strasbourg, Corsica's Bastia and Champagne's Troyes will join Belgian's Anderlecht and Club Brugge. The remaining spot has been controversially filled by Caen, much to the annoyance of Sedan who after some stirling performances were confident of the final berth.

equipe-pro-cssa.jpg

An FFF spokesman explained the committees decision, which took into account recent history, as well as geographical location.

"We felt the Normandie region needed representation, and Caen has a catchment area of 250,000, with a more established following so fitted the bill perfectly. They are a potentially strong side who with a bit of coaxing can enjoy becoming much more than a traditional yo-yo team. I understand Sedan feeling hard done by" he continued, "but there is already an abundance of teams from the North East of the country, and quite frankly despite their recent achievements I don't think there is a fanbase there to support a Ligue 2 club".

1115886006.jpg
"

The provincial's sides volatile President, Pascal Urano clearly wasn't about to take the Federation's decision lying down however, stating
that "It makes me sick to the pit of my stomach to hear this kind of attitude" and responding to a reporter's question about any appeal
procedure he replied "What's the use, these trumped up little men have already decided the fate of my town and my club, but sod em I'm gonna make their lives as miserable as they've made mine!"

Transfer Rumours...

lozano2.jpg

Lozano to make European visit permanent?

HANOVER, Germany, June 10, 2006. - UNAM Pumas player Jaime Lozano, shown here at the Mexican national team camp in Germany ahead of Monday's opener with Group E rivals Poland, hinted yesterday that he would be interested in playing in Europe.

"You always want to grow and if there is a good opportunity I am going to take it into account", Lozano replied when asked of his interest to leave Pumas.

The flying wide-man only has a year remaining on his contract and was dropped from his club side shortly before flying out to the World Cup.

"There is no approach, no talk and no offer, so I do not know yet what will happen with me. But at the moment my priority is to focus on helping my country progress in this tournament".

img_archivio1174200515150.jpg

Cordova's nod toward England

Ascoli's Nicolas Andres Cordova has admitted that he enjoys the Premiership and would relish the challenge of such an 'exciting league'.

The creative Chilean midfielder, forced to watch the World Cup from home due to his country's failure to qualify, let slip his admiration of the top flight in England. "It is a very exciting league, perhaps I will get the chance to play there one day. Not many players from Chile have succeeded there and I would love to be the first".

zenoni.jpg

Zenoni leaves Udinese

Contract discussions between Damiano Zenoni and Udinese have finally broken down and the player has parted with the club. Several Serie A clubs are said to be interested in the former Atalanta man, with sources suggesting that he may link up with twin brother Cristian at Sampdoria.

Last edited:

Professor Nutmeg said:
Nice one Db, but why does your avatar lady have to cover her nips like that? :mrgreen:
Cuz if she didn't, she wouldn't even be allowed to be his avatar sadly :( :lol:

nerf said:
Transfer Rumours...

lozano2.jpg

Lozano to make European visit permanent?

HANOVER, Germany, June 10, 2006. - UNAM Pumas player Jaime Lozano, shown here at the Mexican national team camp in Germany ahead of Monday's opener with Group E rivals Poland, hinted yesterday that he would be interested in playing in Europe.

"You always want to grow and if there is a good opportunity I am going to take it into account", Lozano replied when asked of his interest to leave Pumas.

The flying wide-man only has a year remaining on his contract and was dropped from his club side shortly before flying out to the World Cup.

"There is no approach, no talk and no offer, so I do not know yet what will happen with me. But at the moment my priority is to focus on helping my country progress in this tournament".

img_archivio1174200515150.jpg

Cordova's nod toward England

Ascoli's Nicolas Andres Cordova has admitted that he enjoys the Premiership and would relish the challenge of such an 'exciting league'.

The creative Chilean midfielder, forced to watch the World Cup from home due to his country's failure to qualify, let slip his admiration of the top flight in England. "It is a very exciting league, perhaps I will get the chance to play there one day. Not many players from Chile have succeeded there and I would love to be the first".

zenoni.jpg

Zenoni leaves Udinese

Contract discussions between Damiano Zenoni and Udinese have finally broken down and the player has parted with the club. Several Serie A clubs are said to be interested in the former Atalanta man, with sources suggesting that he may link up with twin brother Cristian at Sampdoria.

Hi mate, nice news. I'm really warming to the trials & tribulations of Ascoli.

I understand Cordova's desire to experience english football, but do you not think he may find the climate & culture a bit too alien ?

His desire for a glass of Merlot might not go down so well with the lager swilling locals ;)

db

denirobob said:
I understand Cordova's desire to experience english football, but do you not think he may find the climate & culture a bit too alien ?
Money makes the world go round ;) (and makes footballers go round the world). You could buy a cellar-load of Merlot on Premiership wages, added to the occasional trips abroad via the prestige of European competition...

Hercales Almelo Transfer News

MarkEdusei.jpg

Hercales have completed the signing of Ghanaian midfielder, Mark Edusei (CMF/SMF), from Sampdoria, on a free. The 29 year old midfielder was on loan at Piacenza last season and was then released by Sampdoria at the end of the season.

This will be the second and last signing Hercales will make, confirmed by the manager, after Van Steensel was brought in two days ago.

Edusei is likely to make his debut for the Dutch club in a friendly against Middlesborough.

Last edited:

Stringer Bell said:
Hercales Almelo Transfer News

Hercales have completed the signing of Ghanaian midfielder, Mark Edusei (CMF/SMF), from Sampdoria, on a free. The 29 year old midfielder was on loan at Piacenza last season and was then released by Sampdoria at the end of the season.

This will be the second and last signing Hercales will make, confirmed by the manager, after Van Steelen was brought in two days ago.
Looks like a very good signing, SB. Do you think the two new boys can make a big enough difference to lift Heracles up the table next season?

nerf said:
Looks like a very good signing, SB. Do you think the two new boys can make a big enough difference to lift Heracles up the table next season?
I hope so :)

I haven't started the new season yet since my PS2 is fucked...i'll probably be inactive in this thread for a while :(

But i'll be reading you lots ML stories/reports though.

Pizzle 8)

Last edited:

Shame Stringer, i hope the problem get solved quick...

Standard have played three matches since my last posting.

Standard - Dynamo Kiev 0-0
Good match without goals but Standard was good against this strong side.

Porto - Standard 0-2
Another fantastic long distance shot by Geeraerts after 7 minutes determined the outcome of the match. Standard was the best team throughout the match and in the second half they doubled their advantage with a header by Daerden. Best man on the pitch was the wonderful De Mul who is really the Standards marathon Man.

Panathinaikos - Standard 2-2
A frustrating match. At half-time Standard had the lead with 0-2. A header by Conçeicao after another assist by De Mul and a beautifull Tcité goal seemed enough to book another away win. Standard was the best team throughout the second half but Panathinaikos' goallie Ebede played a wonderfull match. After 75 minutes on a counter Panathinaikos got a penalty...the Standard staff and players were furious because there was not the slightest hin t of a contact. And once again in injury time Panathinaikos scored the equaliser. This is the third time this season.

Standard are currently fourth.

Calcio Update...

rzo130641p0.jpg

Ascoli snap up Contini

Matteo Contini has put pen to paper on a three year deal with Serie A club Ascoli, shortly after walking away from Parma.

The 26 year old defender spent most of last season on the bench at the Ennio Tardini, and as such has decided to sacrifice European competition in favour of more regular playing time amongst Ascoli's experienced but ageing defence. His two year contract with Parma ended this summer and Ascoli become Contini's ninth club in as many years.

"I'm looking forward to cementing a place in the first-team here", confirmed the left-footed centre-back. "I know the team is defensively well organised and I'm sure I can contribute to that."

AlexFerguson4.jpg

Ferguson to bolster midfield

Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed he will be looking to add to Manchester United's weakened midfield this summer.

Roy Keane's departure combined with niggling injuries to Ryan Giggs and Quinton Fortune have left Ferguson's squad short on midfield depth, while Paul Scholes will undergo surgery that could leave him sidelined until Christmas.

The usual Michael Ballack rumours have re-surfaced, though Sir Alex insists he will be searching for 'two or three' players rather than one solution.

AC Milan news
Season 2

UEFA Champions League
AC Milan grouped with, Bayern, Roma and Inter

Group A:
Manchester United
Ajax
Liverpool
Aston Villa

Group B:
Juventus
Real Madrid
Valencia
Stuttgart

Group C:
AC Milan
Bayern Munich
Inter Milan
Roma

Group D:
Barcelona
Chelsea
Newcastle
Deportivo La Coruna

===================================
League A Standing: after week 9
Juventus 24
Lyon 22
AC Milan 18
AS. Roma 18
Inter Milan 17
Paris SG 14
AS. Monaco 14
Lazio 13
Udinese 12
Fiorentina 10

Results:
Week 5: AC Milan 0-0 AS Monaco
Week 6: Juventus 1-2 AC Milan
Week 7: AC Milan 5-0 Lille
Week 8: Parma 1-1 AC Milan
Week 9: AC Milan 4-0 Lyon

Metz have lost quite a lot of good players Db..I played my fist Ml in PES4with Metz. My key players where: Ribery, Hadji, Tressor Moreno and their SB who plays for Nantes now. They are all gone..
I like Korean players a played quite a lot with the South Korean national team in PES4. Ahn was very good.
Algerian CB Meniri was a very good player for me.

Calcio Update...

cordovasigns.jpg

Chilean picked up by United

Nicolas Andres Cordova spoke of his 'dream move' this afternoon after signing for Manchester United, a move that will barely cause a ripple in Manchester but could unleash tidal waves in Ascoli.

The 27 year old international could follow the likes of Kleberson and Eric Djemba-Djemba as one of Sir Alex Ferguson's less spectacular midfield acquisitions, but hopes he can prove a success rather than a Fergie Flop.

"Manchester are one of the biggest clubs in the world and this is a dream for me", beamed the £3.5m playmaker. "I hope I can take my chance and do well here."

A relative unknown in England, the transfer of Cordova is unlikely to get the United faithful too excited but has left Ascoli fuming about the loss of their Player of the Year.

"I'm hurt by this", spat Ascoli President Roberto Benigni, going on to hint that he suspects the player was tapped up. "A week ago Nicolas was happy, then suddenly he tells us he doesn't want to play for Ascoli any more. We will be speaking with FIFA". Benigni didn't appear to be complaining about the €5m freshly deposited in the club's account.

Ascoli's head coach was unavailable for comment, currently scouting at the World Cup in Germany where Mexico beat the Ivory Coast to qualify from Group E.

Last edited:

And like that, he was gone....

So nerf, who do you have lined up to replace him? You must have some cash now. I imagine the fans will demand a replacement, who himself will have something of a standard to live up to. Good luck with the cheque book.

Back
Top Bottom