PES5 ML Thread (see new PES6 thread)

Re: The All New PES5 Master League Thread.

A cheeky pre-ML signing Db :mrgreen: Nice to see it's almost time for the big kick off.

Btw, what settings will you start with? Don't forget, if need be, you can change the difficulty level in between seasons.

When i started with 5000 points, on 6 stars, in Div2, i found it very hard going. But the dire financial situation really added to it. This was the first PES ML in which i felt genuine pressure of a potential 'Game Over' (in the 2nd season, as i had less points [about 2500] than in the first). You really look for the Bosman signings, if any at all (particularly if their wages are lower than a player's you wish to offload). All of a sudden, a free agent 30-something, nothing special CB or DMF signed on a 1 year contract , begins to look a lot more appealing, i'll tell you.

Div2 is where it's at for that sort of thing. Once in the top flight, you eventually get that money rolling in. I've recently covered this seasons wages, with 2 games to go until the winter break. I may even be tempted to make a signing.

Professor Nutmeg said:
A cheeky pre-ML signing Db :mrgreen: Nice to see it's almost time for the big kick off.

Btw, what settings will you start with? Don't forget, if need be, you can change the difficulty level in between seasons.

When i started with 5000 points, on 6 stars, in Div2, i found it very hard going. But the dire financial situation really added to it. This was the first PES ML in which i felt genuine pressure of a potential 'Game Over' (in the 2nd season, as i had less points [about 2500] than in the first). You really look for the Bosman signings, if any at all (particularly if their wages are lower than a player's you wish to offload). All of a sudden, a free agent 30-something, nothing special CB or DMF signed on a 1 year contract , begins to look a lot more appealing, i'll tell you.

Div2 is where it's at for that sort of thing. Once in the top flight, you eventually get that money rolling in. I've recently covered this seasons wages, with 2 games to go until the winter break. I may even be tempted to make a signing.

Hi matey

shouldnt be long now - Svensson wont be getting his boots on part from on the training pitch though. as for his 'diving' boots well a leopard cant change his spots!! :)

What do u recommend, I'm going to be starting on 4* so would 5000 be suitable (bearing in mind im not as good a player as u)

With such a large squad i think transfers will be at a bare minimum, although there have been rumours flying around that a certain crazy haired peruvian may be given a trial in the none too distant future!

db

Yeah Db, 4* 5000 points will probably be the one. I can only recommend making no signings in the 1st season though. What's your wage - About 11000?

Hi mate, no idea yet im afraid - wouldnt think it'd be too massive although the squad is 4 or 5 players too many.

Well done on beating Real too btw, are you finding the top flight easier than you had expected ?

Thanks Stringer, still needs a fair amount of work, but i'm looking forawrd to getting to know the lads and find out what makes them tick.

My first impressions are that Ouadah considers himself the 'star' of the team, Meniri & Bassong looks good solid pros, Borbiconi is a ladies man, Proment is the waif like quiet lad, Contout thinks he's too good for this level and Tum is the all round good egg!

db

Stringer Bell said:
Obraniak looks like a star in the making, i remember buying him on PES4.

Hi mate

Svensson won't want any Charlie big Potatoes in his team i'm sure, might have to send him on loan to Amiens or something ! :D

Seriously, it;ll be good to have one or two nuggets of quality in a cesspit of dirge.

db

Hello guys! First post here, but I've been lurking here for a good time :)

Love the stories by Prof. Nutmeg, DeniroBob, PLF, Nerf, Gerd, StringerBell, Mussav and all the others. I post my stories at PESFan, and as I'm starting a new ML, I'll post it here too.

I'm almost decided to start with NAC Breda on the Eredivisie, what do you guys think?

denirobob said:
My first impressions are that Ouadah considers himself the 'star' of the team,

db

It wouldn't be the telltale ponytail, the immaculately sculpted goatee and the number 10 on his back would it? Ouadah, likes to go for the spectacular. Make sure he tries those long range efforts. Nokami didn't seem to recognise his freekick ability in the past. Don't forget to lower his socks too. No north African playmaker would be seen without them :mrgreen:

denirobob said:
Well done on beating Real too btw, are you finding the top flight easier than you had expected ?

Thanks. Well, the pressure is off a bit in the top flight as you know you have a plethora of games to play through. The chances are you're going to win enough to avoid the bottom two, if not reach a decent midtable place. The odd win against top teams can take you higher though. I'm flying high at the moment, no way i'll win the league though. But who knows where i'll end up. But as i mentioned earlier. Div2 is where the true grit is. :)

skylogo_default.gif

NEC Nijmegen announces new manager!

After firming a contract for 3 seasons, former Fulham manager Felippe Lacerda is now on the Eredivisie. NEC is on the second division at the moment, and the fans are happy with the move, as Lacerda took Fulham out of a difficult situation in the English Premiership some years ago.

Rumours appoint that besides his salary, NEC gave Felippe the following:

necgrlz8ca.jpg

When asked about it, Lacerda said that "I won't comment anything of my particular life". He also said that "the squad needs more depth. We're specially week in the midfield departament", and then completed: "but we will work hard and perhaps be able to go to first division."

Stay tuned for news!

Last edited:

Stringer Bell said:
Hah ha ha your from PESFan init.

I'm Level6....remember me? lol

Haha, yo dude, how you're doing?

Yes, I'll be posting there and here too, the two threads are great.

This one is better less noobs here.

Honestly though, there are to much people posting in that thread and everybody seems do be doing the same thing, apart from DeJackal and a few others.

You know guys again I lost my interest in the Padova league.. Its so strange, I am playing AS Nancy as Padova and I win so easily of Internazionale, Juventus and a draw against AC Milan. I am currently placed 4th or something.. Hm I know I have Del Piero but most of the time he is on tour with Italy or taking rests.. Besided that my team is really nothing special..
I think I will go back to WE9 which was really hard with Bayern Leverkussen. I remember I couldnt even qualify myself for Europe!
Although I have no idea which team I should chose in WE9.. Any ideas?

Stringer Bell said:
This one is better less noobs here.

Honestly though, there are to much people posting in that thread and everybody seems do be doing the same thing, apart from DeJackal and a few others.

Yes. The problem is that, apart from Marco, DeJackal and DonkeyHuylens it seems like everyone is posting stories without talking about the others. It was better when you, GregT, Marco, DeJackal and DonkeyHuylens were posting, in the "early days". Everyone commenting others players stories, etc. It was cooler.

GFK said:
You know guys again I lost my interest in the Padova league.. Its so strange, I am playing AS Nancy as Padova and I win so easily of Internazionale, Juventus and a draw against AC Milan. I am currently placed 4th or something.. Hm I know I have Del Piero but most of the time he is on tour with Italy or taking rests.. Besided that my team is really nothing special..
I think I will go back to WE9 which was really hard with Bayern Leverkussen. I remember I couldnt even qualify myself for Europe!
Although I have no idea which team I should chose in WE9.. Any ideas?

Where you are planning to play mate? English Premiership, Serie A?

Last edited:

Hi there. I'm reading through you stories from time to time and decided to post my own on here, now that I got over with the damn first year.
I'm playing with Bayern Munich in the first division on 5* difficulty, and won the double in the first year, so I already got some transfer activities going.
I think a starting post with a nice overview would be appreciated, if anyone is interested in another PES-players ML memoires. ^^

My ML is set up like this...

1st Division:

- FC Bayern Munich (p1)
- Hertha BSC Berlin
- Borussia Dortmund
- Schalke 04
- Hamburger SV
- Vfl Wolfsburg
- Werder Bremen
- Bayer 04 Leverkusen
- VfB Stuttgart
- Bor. M'Gladbach
- 1.FC Kaiserslautern
- 1.FC Nürnberg
- Hannover 96
- 1.FC Köln
- Ajax Amsterdam (promoted)
- PSV Eindhoven (promoted)

2nd Division:

- Mainz 05 (demoted)
- Eintracht Frankfurt (demoted)

- MSV Duisburg
- Arminia Bielefeld
- AZ Alkmaar
- Feyenoord Rotterdam
- Twente Enschede
- Roda JC Kerkrade

The other leagues represent the Premiership, la Liga and the Serie A.

Title Holders

Bundesliga: FC Bayern Munich
Div.1 Cup: FC Bayern Munich

Premier League: FC Chelsea
Serie A: AC Milan
La Liga: FC Barcelona
------
Champions League: AC Milan
UEFA Cup: Bayer Leverkusen

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My Team [ 2nd Season ]

FC BAYERN MUNICH

GK Oliver Kahn [GER]
GK Michael Rensing [GER]
----
DF Lucio [BRA]
DF Valerien Ismael [FRA]
DF Felipe [BRA]
DF Andreas Ottl [GER]
DF Philip Lahm [GER]
----
MF Martin Demichelis [ARG]
MF Owen-Lee Hargreaves [ENG]
MF Ze Roberto [BRA]
MF Hasan Salihamidzic [BOS]
MF Michael Ballack [GER]
MF Sebastian Deisler [GER]
MF Nuri Sahin [TUR]
MF Yamada [JAP]
MF Bastian Schweinsteiger [GER]
----
FW Roy Makaay [NED]
FW Claudio Pizarro [PER]
FW Ali Karimi [IRN]
FW Carlos "Carlitos" Tevez [ARG]
FW Jose-Paolo Guerrero [PER]
IN:
-> Carlos Tevez [no club] - (free)
-> Yamada [NAC Breda] - (trade with R. Santa Cruz)
-> Nuri Sahin [Borussia Dortmund] - (trade with Jens Jeremies and 2500 points)
-> Felipe [Udinese Calcio] - (7500 points)

OUT:
<- Roque Santa Cruz [NAC Breda] - (trade with Yamada)
<- Jens Jeremies [Borussia Dortmund] - (trade with Nuri Sahin)
<- Mehmet Scholl [FC Liverpool] - (6788 points)
<- Wily Sagnol [ - ] - (contract not extended)
<- Bixente Lizarazu [ - ] - (contract not extended)
<- Andreas Gorlitz [ - ] - (contract not extended)

Matchday 1

logo_14.gif
vs.
logo_962.gif

FC Bayern - Ajax Amsterdam 4:0 (0:0)

logo.gif

Strong Bayern-side needs only half an hour to outplay Ajax

The very first game of the season could've already shown the audience what could very well be a common image throughout the year. League champion and Cup winners Bayern Munich have taken the lead in the Bundesliga after crushing newly promoted Ajax Amsterdam with 4:0 (0:0) at home in the "Allianz Arena".
Carlos Tevez made it "Man Of The Match", directly assisting the goals of Jose Guerrero and Michael Ballack as well as showing off his incredible skills on several occassions. The small Argentinian striker was indeed already integrated in the team so well, that one must wonder why it took him so long to finally sign a contract for the Bavarians. However, 66.000 visitors witnessed a match of superb quality, and every fan must really look forward to Bayern Munichs Champions League campaign this year. With Tevez and Ballack on this level, and a defense that never even got close to danger, this well balanced team may be a surprise...

Goals:
1:0 Ze Roberto 56'
2:0 C. Pizarro 76'
3:0 P. Guerrero 85'
4:0 M. Ballack 90'

- - -
Yellow Card(s)
- Galasek 63'

Formation:
--------------Kahn---------------
------Felipe--Lucio--Ottl---------
-----------------------------------
-----------Demichelis------------
Deisler--------------Ze Roberto
----------Ballack----------------
-----------------Tevez-----------
--------Pizarro-------Makaay---

Substitutions:
- 45' P. Lahm --> S. Deisler
- 63' J. Guerrero --> C. Pizarro
- 73' B. Schweinsteiger --> Ze Roberto

Current Standings:
1. FC Bayern Munich [03] [04:00] 01-00-00
2. Bayer Leverkusen [03] [04:02] 01-00-00
3. Bor. M'Gladbach [03] [03:00] 01-00-00

Coming Up:

Bundesliga, day 2...
PSV Eindhoven - FC Bayern Munich

Last edited:

5*

Well I picked Benfica. Won the 2nd division. Nuno Gomes top scorer, and top assister, Nuno Assis, was the best overall player. Won the cup aswell.

Signings so far:

Neshmancy LB- Always pick him for ML, easy to sign, very solid in defence and cracking going foward, good crosses, and a nifty shot on him. Plus some very accurate and fast short passes.

Pope CB- Pace, Strength, Heading, Jumping. Everything you need in a defender does his job.

Berson DM- Great stanima, lots of tackles, intercepts, very useful distributer of the ball and can really keep hold of possesion. Best player of my second season in D1

Hakin Yakin- Technique, Strength, Shot power, general passing and the knack of scoring important goals

Daerden LMF- To be honest, his stats look good, cheap, hasn't really be used, being kept out of the side by other defualt benfica players.

Chihan H RB,RMF,CMF,DMF- Utillity player, Turkish, Technique, wears a neck warmer. Very solid stats, balanced, started off a bit dodgey, caught in possesion, wayard passing, now starting to show true potential.

Viduka. Brilliant PES player, always has been, good first touch, strong, good in the air, good close control etc

Thing is, all the defualt players (PESFAN V2) are all rarther good, so I'm not finding it a challenge. Just won the 1st division title with 5 games to spare and into the final of the cup, playing a 4-3-3 with two deep defending midfieldiers Berson and M.Fernandes (very nifty player, grows well) and a advanced AM. Micolli on the left of the attacking line, Simao on the right, or geovanni and Nuno Gomes/Viduka in the middle.

Nuno Gomes's positioning, first touch, composure and heading has got him to the top of the Total Goalscorers lists, with 48 goals, Trezeguet and Ronaldinho struggling to keep up with him.

Whilst it was enjoyable, once I win everything I'm gonna start with a really lowly team like you guys. Benfica do have some quality players to start with.

Good to see some new people joining us like Peter Eyres and Dark Gallon! ;)

Didnt you say you were thinking of NAC Breda though?? what happened you went for NEC?

NEC Nijmegen

NEC 1 x 0 Willem II

Tininho dribble one player with a shoot fake, sprinted through another and crossed, just to Niedzielan net it home with a cool header.

NEC 1 x 1 FC Köln

FC Koln started by opening the score with an amazing play by Mokhtari. He dribbled two of my players and smashed it in the top corner. After the half-time Niedzielan scored again with a great shoot inside the box, top corner too.

NEC 2 x 0 FC Nürnberg

First Denneboom scored 1-1 on the keeper with a cool side foot touch, after an amazing pass by the 19 year CF Wolm. On the last minutes of the game, Barreto put a FK on the crossbar and seconds later the top scorer Niedzielan netted a screamer from 33 yards. I'll record this one and put it here.

Andrzej_Niedzielan_666398.jpg

NEC's top scorer Andrzej Niedzielan celebrating his beatiful goal.

League standings:

Code:
Club............Points....V/D/L....GD
FC Frankfurt......9.......3/0/0.....4
FC Kaiserslauten..7.......2/1/1.....4
[b]NEC Nijmegen......7.......2/1/1.....3[/b]

I'm playing with a 4-3-3 mainly because I just have 4 midfielders.

The main talents of the club seems to be Barreto (obviously - He's been the team main piece), Niedzielan (he nets all the oportunities), Wolm (19yr striker) and the midfielder Mormem (lots of pace).

PLF said:
Good to see some new people joining us like Peter Eyres and Dark Gallon! ;)

Didnt you say you were thinking of NAC Breda though?? what happened you went for NEC?

Thanks! :)

Looking more carefully, I saw that NAC Breda's kit was a little bit ugly, and they had some class players like Hooijdonk, so I went to NEC (after reading your posts [and all the others], I can't play with GOOD teams on ML now =P). It's been a challenge, especially because they just have four MF's!

I'm playing on six stars. One league is La Liga, other Serie A, other EPL and mine is the Eredivisie. The only problem (I know you'll not like that =P) is that I made the second division with the worst German sides, as the Dutch teams aren't enough.

Last edited:

GFK mate. Did you start in Div1? Perhaps that's why you enthusiasm died. I can thoroughly recommend starting in Div2 with 5000 points on 6*, particularly if you go with a team who have a small squad.

23new.gif

Liga Nacional:
Primera División 07/08

Deportivo Alavés News

Draws R' Us

21-2-04quiqueprotesta.jpg

Day 12:

Alavés 2
Sevilla 2

-Alavés come back from 2-0 down to secure a point.

Day 13:

Deportivo La Coruna 1
Alavés 1

Alavés equalise late in the second half.

Day 14:

Alavés 3 Sarriegi 36' Jandro 51' Josico 68'
Celta Vigo 3 Javi Guerrero 38' 61' 82'

Javi Guerrero denies Alavés with a hat-trick, constantly drawing level throughout the match.

Despite the ability to beat the top teams, Alavés still appear to struggle against the more average opposition in the Primera División. In recents weeks they've mangaged three successive draws.

In Sevilla and La Coruna, it was a case of one point gained for Alavés. However, against Celta it was a case of 'Tales of the Unexpected.' Not only did we see unlikely scorers Sarriegi and Josico both registering goals, but Celta's Javi Guerrero tormented El Professor's side, equalising after every Alavés goal. "We could have scored 10 goals tonight, but they would also have scored 10. Javi Guerrero was unstoppable tonight." said El Professor.

Alavés are currently fifth in the Primera División.

League A Cup FINAL
50138.gif
-
50058.gif

Inter Milan vs. AC Milan

Milan Derby, "Giuseppe Meazza" San Siro
85,700 Fans

==================================

how did the Temas rech the Final?

Inter Milan:
Inter Milan 5-0 Chievo
Cheivo 0-2 Inter Milan

Inter Milan 7-0 Chievo (agg)

AC Milan:
Juventus 0-0 AC Milan
AC Milan 1-0 Juventus

AC Milan 1-0 Juventus (agg)

what did they Said about the Match?

Inter Fans: we will beat them, we don't think they will play with the 1st team, because they have Important match with Juventus after the Cup Final.

AC Milan Fans: we are really afraid to play with the 1st team, Juventus now the 1st on the league with 6 points different between as, but we have faith on our 2nd team.

Juventus Fans: we hope to watch a nice match between AC Milan and Inter but we think Parma will win the Cup??

Inter Milan Start lineup:

Tolod

Samuel
Mihajlovic
J. Zanetti
Wome

Veron
Cambiasso
Luis Figo
Stankovic

Solari
Julio Cruz

AC Milan Start lineup:

Fiori

Costacorta
Heinze
Cafu
Dario Simic

Ambrosini
Vogel
Seedorf
Jankulovski

Forlan
Vieri

Minute by Minute
74' Goal by Forlan
86' Goal by Forlan

Match report

forlano5hl.jpg

Inter Milan start the match with a huge of chances, and they pressed on AC Milan until the end of the 1st half, in the 2nd half AC Milan start to play a short passes then its turn that Inter Milan get tired so AC Milan used the long passes and long throws, and Forlan scored 2 goals the 1st at 73th minute, he scored between 7 Inter Milan players, after the 1st goal Forlan came back and scored a goal from a volley without any problem in the 86TH minute. Costacorta raised the Final Cup in his career.

watch Forlan Goals (3.50 MB)

NEXT MATCH...
juvemilan0gw.jpg

Last edited:

Dark Gallon said:
skylogo_default.gif

NEC Nijmegen announces new manager!

After firming a contract for 3 seasons, former Fulham manager Felippe Lacerda is now on the Eredivisie. NEC is on the second division at the moment, and the fans are happy with the move, as Lacerda took Fulham out of a difficult situation in the English Premiership some years ago.

Rumours appoint that besides his salary, NEC gave Felippe the following:

necgrlz8ca.jpg

When asked about it, Lacerda said that "I won't comment anything of my particular life". He also said that "the squad needs more depth. We're specially week in the midfield departament", and then completed: "but we will work hard and perhaps be able to go to first division."

Stay tuned for news!

Bom dia e muito prazer o meu amigo

That is one hell of a team photo mate! - i reckon it probably tops the Brighton & Hove Albion pre season presentation from the early 90's when they were sponsored by Nobo and one joker decided to get his own "nobo" out for the cameras. It was only noticed after calendars & posters had been printed too!

db

Professor Nutmeg said:
23new.gif

Liga Nacional:
Primera División 07/08

Deportivo Alavés News

Draws R' Us

21-2-04quiqueprotesta.jpg

Day 12:

Alavés 2
Sevilla 2

-Alavés come back from 2-0 down to secure a point.

Day 13:

Deportivo La Coruna 1
Alavés 1

Alavés equalise late in the second half.

Day 14:

Alavés 3 Sarriegi 36' Jandro 51' Josico 68'
Celta Vigo 3 Javi Guerrero 38' 61' 82'

Javi Guerrero denies Alavés with a hat-trick, constantly drawing level throughout the match.

Despite the ability to beat the top teams, Alavés still appear to struggle against the more average opposition in the Primera División. In recents weeks they've mangaged three successive draws.

In Sevilla and La Coruna, it was a case of one point gained for Alavés. However, against Celta it was a case of 'Tales of the Unexpected.' Not only did we see unlikely scorers Sarriegi and Josico both registering goals, but Celta's Javi Guerrero tormented El Professor's side, equalising after every Alavés goal. "We could have scored 10 goals tonight, but they would also have scored 10. Javi Guerrero was unstoppable tonight." said El Professor.

Alavés are currently fifth in the Primera División.

Guerrero's a beast isnt he mate - would like to have been at that game against the Galicians!

db

denirobob said:
Guerrero's a beast isnt he mate - would like to have been at that game against the Galicians!

db

He is indeed mate. Almost made me want to sign the guy, despite his age. A cracking game for the neutral though. Guerrero's first was a bullet past Ardouin after a 1 on 1 (defensive howler). And his other two were great headers, after some useful service from De Ridder on the flank.

Apparently after a goalfest he likes to indulge in a spot of post-match shopping. Here he is just an hour after the game in town.

jguerrero2.jpg

Last edited:

denirobob said:
Bom dia e muito prazer o meu amigo

That is one hell of a team photo mate! - i reckon it probably tops the Brighton & Hove Albion pre season presentation from the early 90's when they were sponsored by Nobo and one joker decided to get his own "nobo" out for the cameras. It was only noticed after calendars & posters had been printed too!

db

O prazer é meu! Legal ver alguém que fala português aqui! Algumas vezes tenho dificuldades em escrever em inglês, mas pelo menos tento :P

Translated to the others:

The pleasure is mine! Cool to see someone who speaks portuguese here! Sometimes it's difficult for me to write in english, but at least I try :P

Last edited:

Ola, a minha namorada (mulher!) é português, ela sou de madeira. Eu aprenda(?) na escola no sabado, mas eu nao fala português na nossa casa.

Sorry I hope that makes sense, as you can see I'm learning with a long way to go!

Your'e doing very well mate.

db

Hey guys, I've been lurking around these boards for a while; props to those who've shared their ML experiences here, it's been fun reading them. :applause:

I've just concluded my very first season in Division 1, playing as Manchester United on 4 stars difficulty. Managed to snag the league title, but a defeat to Chelsea in the cup final cost me my Double ambitions. :lol: Despite that, I'm still excited about competing in the WEFA champions league next season!

I've set up my leagues in this manner:

League A: 16 English Premiership clubs in the 1st division; 4 other English clubs in the 2nd division, accompanied by Rangers, Celtic, WE United and PES United. I took the effort to edit the ratings of WE and PES United team players to just 1, just to ensure that they'll *never* get promoted. Hopefully. \\:o/

League B: 11 selected Serie A teams, and 5 French Ligue 1 clubs (namely PSG, Monaco, Marseille, Lyon and Bordeaux).

League C: 13 selected La Liga teams, and 3 clubs from the Dutch Eredivisie (Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord).

League D: 11 selected Bundesliga teams, and 5 other clubs from the rest of Europe (Porto, Fenerbache, Anderlecht, Olympiakos and Dynamo Kiev).

Some end of season awards and mentions:
League A winners: Man. Utd
League B winners: AC Milan
League C winners: Barcelona
League D winners: Bayern Munich
WEFA Masters Cup winners: Arsenal
WEFA Champions League winners: Inter Milan
Golden Boot award: van Nistelrooy ;)

Right now I'm still in the midst of pre-season. I've just finished renewing player contracts, as well as strengthened my squad in anticipation for a longer season. Only arranged for just one pre-season friendly, and that's against a team of Asia-Oceania All Stars. I'd like to think of this as some money-spinning tour of the Far East that's so in vogue for European teams these days. :D

My team is set up in the classic 4-4-2 diamond formation:

Starting eleven:
GK: E. van der Sar
CB: R. Ferdinand
CB: G. Heinz (usually plays as left-back for Man. Utd, but it seemed to make sense to stick him in central defence, as he has better defensive stats than Silvestre, but a weaker offensive rating)
RSB: Cicinho
LSB: M. Silvestre
DMF: Roy Keane (still my midfield anchor and captain, but creaking in the stamina department)
RMF: C. Ronaldo
LMF: R. Giggs (same complaints as Keane)
AMF: P. Scholes (did exceptionally well in my 1st season; seems to have undergone a revival in this role, always thought of him as the original 'man-in-the-hole' behind the strikers before Rooney arrived)
CF: W. Rooney
CF: van Nistelrooy

On the bench:
GK: M. Stelenkenberg (grooming him as van der Sar's successor, traded in my default 3rd choice keeper - whose name I have happily forgotten - for him during the mid season transfer window)
CB: J. Heitinga (mid-season signing, sometimes deputises as DMF)
CB: W. Brown
RSB: G. Neville (Cicinho came in mid-season, and totally out-peformed poor ol' Neville)
LSB: Maxwell (raided Ajax yet again for this player, quality left-back whom I hope will eventually take over Silvestre)
DMF: J. Mascherano (solid perfomer, and Keane's eventual successor. On a side note, I wish Sir Alex had the resources to make a swoop for him in real life :( )
RMF: D. Fletcher (consistent, but not spectacular. I think he's resigned himself to playing second fiddle to Ronaldo for the rest of his career at Man. Utd :D )
LMF: Q. Fortune
AMF: Park Ji Sung (looking at him to replace Giggs in future, with Rooney dropping back to fill in as AMF for Scholesy)
CF: Alan Smith (my super-sub when van Nistelrooy isn't firing)
CF: A. Caracciolo (yet another monster, he'll probably take van Nistelrooy's place in time to come)

Youth team:
GK: T. Howard (not exactly 'youth' per se, but he's my 3rd choice keeper now)
CB: G. Pique
SB: P. Bardsley
CMF: A. Muntari (an alternative midfield anchorman, but he's capable of playing on the left flank as well)
SMF: K. Richardson
AMF: S. Nasri
CF: D. Bellion
CF: G. Rossi

I'll be back with more details as my ML experience continues. :)

Last edited:

Denirobob just wondering of the topic here, who are the sexy ladies you've got in your avatar? Thanks and keep up the good thread gentlemen.

è bom ver gente portuguesa ou que sabe falar português por aqui.

Benfica Sempre

Back
Top Bottom