PES2008 PS2 version is the lost game / video thread

Who said that Pes 2008 PS2 was difficult. :D
Top Player difficulty, 10min with one of the weakest teams in the game, Dinamo Zagreb. :WHISTLE:

View attachment 308923
Apart from the fact that you played national vs club...3 this already has an impact...in my opinion the AI CPU is something extraordinary of course PS2 version...having said these matches they always happened and will happen...or does a challenging game mean losing them all for you?

Who said that Pes 2008 PS2 was difficult. :D
Top Player difficulty, 10min with one of the weakest teams in the game, Dinamo Zagreb. :WHISTLE:

View attachment 308923

That’s a bad result, is that in ML, Cup, or League mode? ;)

Also, it depends on the mentality of individual players. If the opposition players’ mentality is low then their heads can drop and then you can win easily, but if it is high, then they keep their heads and try to fight back.

Sad for me to say but it was a bit like Spurs v Brighton a couple of weeks ago :(

Yes, it only usually happens in friendlies. The emblem is distorted and you have to replace it, using another option file on memory card 2 or replacing it from the pes editor.

That is really weird, i never ever thought i would find out why that would happen so thanks for sharing.

The solution is to just edit the ISO file itself. :)

Apart from the fact that you played national vs club...3 this already has an impact...in my opinion the AI CPU is something extraordinary of course PS2 version...having said these matches they always happened and will happen...or does a challenging game mean losing them all for you?

I totally agree :)

Apart from the fact that you played national vs club

How do you mean national vs club? :)
Dinamo Zagreb is club in 1. Croatian League, and Royal Antwerp is club in 1. Belgium league. No national teams here. :NO:

I picked Dinamo Zagreb because I love to play with weak teams.

That’s a bad result, is that in ML, Cup, or League mode? ;)

Also, it depends on the mentality of individual players. If the opposition players’ mentality is low then their heads can drop and then you can win easily, but if it is high, then they keep their heads and try to fight back.

Sad for me to say but it was a bit like Spurs v Brighton a couple of weeks ago :(

I played with this settings:
Match Mode
Top Difficulty
Arrows on normal both teams (green)
Both teams have the same 4-3-3 tactics

But I think that result is because of Match Mode, in Master League I think would be different.
Sometimes Match mode can be easier the ML mode. :)

Does anybody know is it possible to import pes6 stadiums in pes2008/we2008 ps2?

pes6 have some amazing stadiums, I would like to put them in pes 2008 ps2

Thank you in advance :BEER:

Yes, it only usually happens in friendlies. The emblem is distorted and you have to replace it, using another option file on memory card 2 or replacing it from the pes editor.
Hello Heisenberg. What version of pes 2008 on psp would you say is the best. Is it the US or EU version. I heard that the EU version had a bug in the PS2 version during ML. Does this but apply to the psp version as well. One las question is what do you think of pes 2009 onwards on the PS2 and psp.

@Balo , both US and EU version of PES 2008 have the salary issue. The PSP version of EU and US at least - both - fixed the issue related to classic/hidden players appearing in ML like in the EU PS2 version.
WE 2008 has everything fixed.

Back to PES 2008 (PS2) again after an International Break with PES 5 and PES 6.

Three games in Division 2 of ML with the default team sum up this game and this very different AI, compared to the above.

Playing Fulham over two legs in the cup and once in the league (this often happens back-to-back of course) and I won 3-1, drew 2-2 and lost the league game 5-1.

FIVE - ONE! I have not had a thrashing like that in any PES for ages. PES 2008 (PS2) lacks some of the physics of PES 5 in particular, but it provides a challenge so often lacking in modern footy games and even in most classic era instalments.

Back to PES 2008 (PS2) again after an International Break with PES 5 and PES 6.

Three games in Division 2 of ML with the default team sum up this game and this very different AI, compared to the above.

Playing Fulham over two legs in the cup and once in the league (this often happens back-to-back of course) and I won 3-1, drew 2-2 and lost the league game 5-1.

FIVE - ONE! I have not had a thrashing like that in any PES for ages. PES 2008 (PS2) lacks some of the physics of PES 5 in particular, but it provides a challenge so often lacking in modern footy games and even in most classic era instalments.

:LOL: Good to see you back

This is the thing that I dont understand. How can Pes 2008/We 2008 ps2 have so much harder AI then pes 2010 or pes 2014 ps2....just dont understand why they did that.

I thought I should quote you on this thread because the other one was getting derailed :D

I cannot understand either, if they just left it the same they would have been so good. Especially with the revamped ML, bigger leagues, scouting players before seeing their stats, sponsorship, real money and not ML points.

I try occasionally to play them but something is not quite right with them. I think they are too arcadey even with my stat adjustments. Also, the pitch seems narrower or longer, it just does not seem right. I cannot work it out. Even while I am typing this I am thinking of giving them another chance. :LOL:

Where can I find that translation?

You have online on Internet some great Brazilian patches, but I don't like when it is not on English, so I modified and created with editor ISO file and OF with everything on English that include all those great HD things from other foreign patches.

So now I have J-League Winning Eleven 2009 Club Championship translated English and with HD stadiums and logos.
Let the amazing journey of Master League begins. :APPLAUD:

Match number 70 is between Nottm Forest v Norway, the first half was a bit boring but then kind of burst into life. A good game in the end with a number of chances.

Enjoy! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom