PES2008 PS2 version is the lost game / video thread

Regular. Only playing cups though, which I did hear was tougher than exhibition matches, say.
Yeah rather than a friendly I setup a custom cup tournamount with 3 teams and give myself a bye to the final and play that rather than a friendly, it usually ramps up the CPU a bit in a final especially if palying on the hardest difficulty with a weaker team against a top team, also put their form arrows to top.

Last edited:
Well I thought that as this is the PES2008 PS2 version is the lost game / video thread

I might as well post all the match highlights from the Lews All Comers Cup 24-26 here, me and my brother are using my 23-24 option file ;)

Well in the last cup 20-23 Genoa beat France in the final 2-1.

This years has already gotten underway and the Qualifying Round has been completed.

The teams entering the 1st Round are:

Arsenal
Aston Villa
Brentford
Bournemouth
Everton
Burnley
Liverpool
Man City
Man Utd
Newcastle
Fulham
Sheff Utd
Nottm Forest
West Ham
Wolves

Leicester City
Bristol City
Blackburn
Huddersfield
Coventry
Leeds
Southampton
Stoke
Swansea

Montpellier
Le Havre
Reims
Brest
Lens
Lille
Lorient
Metz
Monaco
Rennes
Toulouse
Nantes

Atalanta
Empoli
Fiorentina
Lecce
Inter
Juventus
Lazio
Verona
Milan
Napoli
Salernitana
Frosinone
Genoa
Monza
Udinese

Augsberg
Bayer Leverkusen
Bayern Munich
VFL Bochum
Eintracht Frankfurt
SC Freiburg
Werder Bremen
Heidenheim
Hoffenheim
RB Leipzig
VFB Stuttgart
Union Berlin
Wolfsburg

Celta Vigo
Alaves
Cadiz
Mallorca
Granada
Osasuna
Las Palmas
Sevilla
Valencia
Real Sociedad

Celtic
Feyenoord
PSV Eindhoven
Copenhagen
Young Boys
Dinamo Zagreb
AEK Athens
Shakhtar Donetsk
Benfica
FC Porto
Braga
RB Salzburg

Austria
Belgium
Bulgaria
Czech
England
Finland
France
Greece
Hungary
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Netherlands
Northern Ireland
Norway
Poland
Romania
Russia
Scotland
Serbia
Slovenia
Spain
Switzerland
Turkey
Ukraine
Wales

Cote D'Ivoire
Nigeria
Tunisia

Costa Rica
Mexico
USA
Argentina
Brazil
Chile
Paraguay
Uruguay

Australia
Iran
Japan
Saudi Arabia
South Korea

As you can see that even though I support Tottenham and my brother supports Chelsea, both our teams went out in the Qualifying Round :LOL: that means that it will be another 3 years until they get another chance to play because it takes us that long to get through all the games. Even Barcelona went out too. :D

I will post the highlights of the games as they are played and uploaded.

Enjoy! :)

Beautiful @geeeeee❤️
I see that you also play with the black side bands because otherwise, the pcsx2 emulator, set to fit to screen, unfortunately squashes the image even when modifying the Hex codes. camera
However by changing the codes in Hex or using the tool @marqisspes6 you can get a wider view
How did you set up the screen?
4:3 or 4:3/3:2 progressive?

Beautiful @geeeeee❤️
I see that you also play with the black side bands because otherwise, the pcsx2 emulator, set to fit to screen, unfortunately squashes the image even when modifying the Hex codes. camera
However by changing the codes in Hex or using the tool @marqisspes6 you can get a wider view
How did you set up the screen?
4:3 or 4:3/3:2 progressive?

Thanks @maruni74 ,sorry to disappoint you, but basically it is because when I play that cup with my brother we actually use a physical PS2 with a game capture device hooked up to it. :)

It will be different when I play ML on my Xbox using PCSX2 emulator. Thinking about it I havent actually noticed it myself when playing it on there.

A bit of a delay with doing the highlights this time as we had to put our cat down yesterday and it has been a big struggle getting on with things :CRY:
Even when I am doing editing she would be next to me so struggling at the moment guys, but life goes on...

A bit of a delay with doing the highlights this time as we had to put our cat down yesterday and it has been a big struggle getting on with things :CRY:
Even when I am doing editing she would be next to me so struggling at the moment guys, but life goes on...

I have beautiful little dog that follows me everywhere, gonna destroy me when the inevitable happens, but hey let's just remember good times together and hey Ange is cooking something tasty right now, COYS!

I have beautiful little dog that follows me everywhere, gonna destroy me when the inevitable happens, but hey let's just remember good times together and hey Ange is cooking something tasty right now, COYS!

Thank you for the encouraging words it is much appreciated. :)

I was never a cat person but my brother-in-law found a couple of kittens abandoned and brought one home to us. I wasn't keen at the time but she came straight for me and melted my heart.

My wife and I have been married for 16 years and we had the cat for 15 of them. It’s hard mate but like you said you have to remember the good times which I do. I will be putting a little video together which I know will help.

TeeCee (Top Cat) was her name, everyday she would lay on me when having a power nap or watching footy…

IMG_0178.jpeg

Thanks again buddy, I look forward to Spurs tonight COYS :)

Sorry for derailing the thread for a bit but her ambition was to appear on evoweb :D

Last edited:
Thank you for the encouraging words it is much appreciated. :)

I was never a cat person but my brother-in-law found a couple of kittens abandoned and brought one home to us. I wasn't keen at the time but she came straight for me and melted my heart.

My wife and I have been married for 16 years and we had the cat for 15 of them. It’s hard mate but like you said you have to remember the good times which I do. I will be putting a little video together which I know will help.

TeeCee (Top Cat) was her name, everyday she would lay on me when having a power nap or watching footy…

View attachment 306460

Thanks again buddy, I look forward to Spurs tonight COYS :)

Sorry for derailing the thread for a bit but her ambition was to appear on evoweb :D
You should have called her Cat Jennings :) Cats have awesome reflexes, funny watching them dive when you hit little football near them or a cucumber ha.

I went Iceland recently and we stayed in a girl's flat Airbnb. The flat came with a cat. The cat didn't know me but would still sit on my chest constantly and purr. Animals are the best thing on this planet imo.

First gamplay recorded from the ps2 of the new Option file Laziale 2025. The victory was complicated, but Bellingham was inspired to save the team.

Excellent game there @Heisenberg , the only thing is, why do you skip the replays? :D I loved Pepe's goal, I wanted to see how he scored, was that a click passed replay 'in anger'? :LOL:

I also love the commentary in the older games, no waffle like the new games. I used to love Peter Drury until he got involved with PES, there is too much waffle commentating in football games and it's as if what they say is supposed to make sense to what is happening in the match but it is just cosmetic.

But like I said, I love the commentary in your game, the chance at the end "HERE'S A CHANCE!" it really adds to the match.

What setting do you have the commentary on?

Excellent game there @Heisenberg , the only thing is, why do you skip the replays? :D I loved Pepe's goal, I wanted to see how he scored, was that a click passed replay 'in anger'? :LOL:

I also love the commentary in the older games, no waffle like the new games. I used to love Peter Drury until he got involved with PES, there is too much waffle commentating in football games and it's as if what they say is supposed to make sense to what is happening in the match but it is just cosmetic.

But like I said, I love the commentary in your game, the chance at the end "HERE'S A CHANCE!" it really adds to the match.

What setting do you have the commentary on?

At least I left one repetition, I usually remove it instantly :D

I have no preferences for the comments, at first I had Spanish, which is the default in the original game, now I changed to English because I couldn't stand the commentators , but I don't see that they are so important for the game.

Brilliant game this, an all French club tie. I left the last 10mins (game time) to play out because it was quite tense for both teams.

I know FIFA is getting a lot of love at the moment but regardless, Match 76 is up, a great game this one between Australia and Cote D'Ivoire...

Why do I love moments like these?...

Last edited:
Typical frustrating match. It happens to me a lot, although in this case it is with two even teams, it can happen in any game. It is true that I tend to boast more than necessary in attack and in defense I am painful, but there the Konami effect comes to the rescue of the rival. I also had some luck in the end :D

Typical frustrating match. It happens to me a lot, although in this case it is with two even teams, it can happen in any game. It is true that I tend to boast more than necessary in attack and in defense I am painful, but there the Konami effect comes to the rescue of the rival. I also had some luck in the end :D

Good game mate. I noticed that you play very well, you use a lot more skill moves than I do, I just do basic dribbling and passing. What level are you playing on?

Are you playing friendlies or ML?

Also, how are you getting on with the recording equipment? :D

Good game mate. I noticed that you play very well, you use a lot more skill moves than I do, I just do basic dribbling and passing. What level are you playing on?

Are you playing friendlies or ML?

Also, how are you getting on with the recording equipment? :D
Thanks for the recommendation of Game Capture. The previous gameplays on my channel were from the PC emulator and it is not the same. The game and control on PS2 is much more fluid.

I always play on the highest difficulty level. Regarding the style of play, I try to be more imaginative in attack, since PES 2008 opens up to many more possibilities than the typical attacking movements, too common in the most modern PES, which I have also played. In defense I am a calamity and I never make tactical variations unless a player sends me off.

I usually play short Leagues with 3 teams for gameplay, since friendlies usually damage the emblems entered in the option file.

Thanks for the recommendation of Game Capture. The previous gameplays on my channel were from the PC emulator and it is not the same. The game and control on PS2 is much more fluid.

I always play on the highest difficulty level. Regarding the style of play, I try to be more imaginative in attack, since PES 2008 opens up to many more possibilities than the typical attacking movements, too common in the most modern PES, which I have also played. In defense I am a calamity and I never make tactical variations unless a player sends me off.

I usually play short Leagues with 3 teams for gameplay, since friendlies usually damage the emblems entered in the option file.

No worries my friend, I am pleased that the game capture makes it easier for you.

When you say that the friendlies damage the emblems, do you mean the distorted look that randomly happens? Then you have to add the emblem again.

Can somebody take screenshot how they have pscx2 settings on their PC for pes2008 ps2 game.

It would help a lot for stuttering and better playing the game.

Thx in advance. :)

Hi, sorry for the late response.

For me the PC emulator stutters a lot and it is not so high quality. Whereas playing on Xbox Series S it is like a new game.

Do you have Xbox?

No worries my friend, I am pleased that the game capture makes it easier for you.

When you say that the friendlies damage the emblems, do you mean the distorted look that randomly happens? Then you have to add the emblem again.

Yes, it only usually happens in friendlies. The emblem is distorted and you have to replace it, using another option file on memory card 2 or replacing it from the pes editor.

Back
Top Bottom