PES2008 PS2 version is the lost game / video thread

@geeeeee ,
the salary of these players (from teams in other league C), if they are unedited with 70 in all stats, is 90 is they play in 2nd division or 210 if they play in first division.
There does not seem to be issues with their salary unlike what I read in other posts.

@geeeeee ,
the salary of these players (from teams in other league C), if they are unedited with 70 in all stats, is 90 is they play in 2nd division or 210 if they play in first division.
There does not seem to be issues with their salary unlike what I read in other posts.

Ok that is good to know. Like i mentioned earlier i cannot fully remember why i dont use them. I was thinking that many of them appear as 5000 depending on their special skills but also depending what teams they played for. I remember making one of them into a Liverpool player, i think it was Harry Wilson when he played for them in about 2015, 2016 and he became a 5000 player and there were a few others. It was only by giving them 6 to 8 Special Skills that it disappeared. Really strange. I will try to find the thread.

PS This is an interesting discussion…
Post in thread 'AMADOR - Everyone's football'
https://evoweb.uk/threads/amador-everyones-football.79300/post-3310606

Last edited:
@geeeeee ,

i do remember seeing someone comments on how much each skill adds to the player on the ml, there was some sort of formula not fully crack down but pretty much there i think it was @H_G

So it's not only an issue with players of teams in "Other League C" ?

No mate it's all over the game like a virus :LOL:

I started a ML with my option file. First season, no 5000 players, but the next season I renewed my GK contract and then he appeared as 5000 even though the contract I gave him was only about 250 or something. :BRICK:

No mate it's all over the game like a virus :LOL:

I started a ML with my option file. First season, no 5000 players, but the next season I renewed my GK contract and then he appeared as 5000 even though the contract I gave him was only about 250 or something. :BRICK:

Yeah, ML is half broken on PS2 PES 2008, between this issue and the fact that classic players are there even if we turn them off.
On PS2, although I love 2008, in the end, I think I prefer the 5.

I'm wondering if the salary issue is also there on the PSP PES 2008 since the classic players issue is not present on PSP.

Yeah, ML is half broken on PS2 PES 2008, between this issue and the fact that classic players are there even if we turn them off.
On PS2, although I love 2008, in the end, I think I prefer the 5.

I'm wondering if the salary issue is also there on the PSP PES 2008 since the classic players issue is not present on PSP.

It is annoying but I don't think I would go as far as saying that the ML is half broken. In PES5 I don't recall ever having any transfer offers (which is gamebreaking to me) but in PES2008 I get quite a few. Also looking at this post (half way down) which I wrote a number of years ago, PES5 also has the 5000 player issue...
https://evoweb.uk/threads/pes2008-ps2-version-is-the-lost-game-video-thread.77796/post-3229914

Personally PES2008 just plays better than PES5. PES6 I don't even want to mention because I never liked it and gave it to one of my friend's sons as soon as I played it back in the day. The gameplay of course is more important than anything else. That's not to say I don't like PES5, I got so many years of fun out of it. :D

In PESS 2008, I just edited PlayerA12 based on PES 5 Fiedler stats.
I've used early/lasting as development curve (like in PES 5), updated his age to 32, weight to 79 and decreased all stats except attack by 1 point.
Result ... The player has now a salary of 5000.
I've tried to choose another development curve (standard) or add a special ability (long throw-in) but it had no affect on the salary which is still 5000.
If I used the same stats as in PES 5, the salary would still be 5000.

In PESS 2008, I just edited PlayerA12 based on PES 5 Fiedler stats.
I've used early/lasting as development curve (like in PES 5), updated his age to 32, weight to 79 and decreased all stats except attack by 1 point.
Result ... The player has now a salary of 5000.
I've tried to choose another development curve (standard) or add a special ability (long throw-in) but it had no affect on the salary which is still 5000.
If I used the same stats as in PES 5, the salary would still be 5000.
Try adding between 5 to 8 special skills and see if it goes down. ;)

Try adding between 5 to 8 special skills and see if it goes down. ;)

Adding 5 special abilities did not help but adding 8 made is salary ridiculously low (not even 100).
Another player I created, Friedrich also has a similar salary even if his stats are quite decent.

Are the special abilities the only way to reduce the 5000 salaries ?

Adding 5 special abilities did not help but adding 8 made is salary ridiculously low (not even 100).
Another player I created, Friedrich also has a similar salary even if his stats are quite decent.

Are the special abilities the only way to reduce the 5000 salaries ?
Adding special abilities is the most consistent way of reduce them.
The other way is just hoping that they don’t appear. I think with the Other League players they are more frequent but the rest appear every now again.
It is really annoying because it is so obviously a bug.

I'll also create Friedrich as created player instead of playerA2 and see if he also has a very low salary.

EDIT

I've created as a created player, instead of PlayerA2 and his salary was almost 900 (if created as Player A2, it was only 90 or so).

EDIT 2

@geeeeee , @The Dude , I've also tried to create the new player as an edited player (instead of PlayerA12, ...) and then with PES 2008 Editor tool, import details of the edited player into PlayerA12. It did not fix the issue.

There are things very specific to PlayerA12, ... that have an impact on the salary points and these things are not part of the player data itself. That's really strange.

I've also observed in my ML, that at the moment contracts need to be renewed, some of the default ML player have a proposed salary of 1 point only.

Last edited:
@geeeeee , @The Dude ,
I did some research about the 5000 points issue and here're my findings so far.

- Every players from the teams of Other League C follow the same pattern to calculate their salary. This means that no hidden value is taken into account or each players from these teams have the same hidden value.
- With the default stats (70 in everything and 50 in GK), a player has a salary of 90 if he's in a D2 team. The total of his stats is exactly 1800, which is exactly 20 times the base salary. I don't know if it matters.
- I've summed the stats of a player I created and the total is 1864. His calculated salary is 96.
- The player I created who has a salary of 5000 has a total of 1540.
- I've then add a points to have a grand total similar to the player who has a salary of 96 and now his salary is 101.
- I've added 10 points in defense to another untouch player and his salary rose from 90 to 99.
- For the player who has a salary of 96, I decrease 10 points in defense and added 10 in attack. His salary was changed to 91.
- For a player (defender) who has 70 in everything, I added 10 in defense and he got a salary of 99.
- For another player (defender), I removed 10 points in defense and the salary was 83.
- The position has no effect. I removed 10 points in defense to a midfielder and the salary was also 83.

To be continued...

@geeeeee , @The Dude ,
I did some research about the 5000 points issue and here're my findings so far.

- Every players from the teams of Other League C follow the same pattern to calculate their salary. This means that no hidden value is taken into account or each players from these teams have the same hidden value.
- With the default stats (70 in everything and 50 in GK), a player has a salary of 90 if he's in a D2 team. The total of his stats is exactly 1800, which is exactly 20 times the base salary. I don't know if it matters.
- I've summed the stats of a player I created and the total is 1864. His calculated salary is 96.
- The player I created who has a salary of 5000 has a total of 1540.
- I've then add a points to have a grand total similar to the player who has a salary of 96 and now his salary is 101.
- I've added 10 points in defense to another untouch player and his salary rose from 90 to 99.
- For the player who has a salary of 96, I decrease 10 points in defense and added 10 in attack. His salary was changed to 91.
- For a player (defender) who has 70 in everything, I added 10 in defense and he got a salary of 99.
- For another player (defender), I removed 10 points in defense and the salary was 83.
- The position has no effect. I removed 10 points in defense to a midfielder and the salary was also 83.

To be continued...

mmm that shounds too familiar to me, i remember i did some test to reverse engineer the hexagon calculation and i found some stuff, i leave you here my testing, may be related to what you're looking for

ATT VERTEX:
ATTACK, SHOT ACC

TEC VERTEX:
TEC, DRIBBLE ACCURACY, S P ACC, LP ACC, S ACC, FK ACC, CURLING

STA VERTEX:
STAMINA

DEF VERTEX:
DEFENSE

PWR VERTEX:

BALANCE, SHOT POWER, JUMP

SPD VERTEX:
TOP SPEED, ACCELERATION, DRIBBLE SPEED, RESPONSE

if ATTACK is 99 and SHOT ACC is 1
the line sets to middle

SPD, ACCELERATION and DRIBBLE SPEED seems to be like static values if we set it to 99 to both we'll get to the middle of the line if im not wrong, while if we set TOP SPEED and RESPONSE to 99 we'll get nothing, so i think those are like multiplicators and after making test i can tell you this could be the formula

SPD VERTEX = (ACCELERATION * TOP SPEED + DRIBBLE SPEED * RESPONSE) / 99

although maybe im missing some division to ACCELERATION and DRIBBLE SPEED

PWR
BALANCE is the main value for this while JUMP seems to be some kind of multiplicator for SHOT POWER and BALANCE

TEC is gonna be a pain in the ass to find out how it works

DEF and STA are linear the value will give you the position of the edge

this was extracted from a message a sent to a friend a few months ago, all stats not listed over there are the ones that has no effect on the player hexagon, try setting those to some values and see if they affect the salary

During my ML i have had a second 5000 player appear after the transfer window. Both are goalkeepers. I remember now that goalkeepers quite commonly became 5000 players.
My issue now is that i have a 5000 goalkeeper, will that affect my transfer spending 🤔

I remember when i played back at PES 2008 release period that the ML had a bug when setting transfer frequency to High. At the end of the season all the players renew their contracts and they get a salary of 1. At the time that was a gamebreaker to me and i didnt played much.

But then you guys discovered this hidden gem and i've decided to give it a try again. Downloaded the game (EU Version) and had the same bug. Did some tests and that particular bug seems to affect only high transfer frequency. Since i like to play with an active transfer market i started looking for the US version in hopes that it didnt had that bug.

Turns out that the US version has the ML fix. Played over 10+ seasons in ML and never saw a 5000 salary player and the contract renew bug never appeared.

Maybe you guys should check the US version of the game. If i'm not mistaken it was released later and these bugs on ML seems to be fixed

Battered Derby County in ML and got a rare 9.0! and their GK got a 3.0!

PES2008.jpg

I think the US/NTSC version has a few differences with the Goal Nets as well. There is also the J.League Winning Eleven 2008 Club Championship version which came out even later which has a version by BillyKong which is excellent (not sure if that has an OF editor though so I can globally edit a few stats, I can only see the PAL/NTSC editors)

Last edited:
I remember when i played back at PES 2008 release period that the ML had a bug when setting transfer frequency to High. At the end of the season all the players renew their contracts and they get a salary of 1. At the time that was a gamebreaker to me and i didnt played much.

But then you guys discovered this hidden gem and i've decided to give it a try again. Downloaded the game (EU Version) and had the same bug. Did some tests and that particular bug seems to affect only high transfer frequency. Since i like to play with an active transfer market i started looking for the US version in hopes that it didnt had that bug.

Turns out that the US version has the ML fix. Played over 10+ seasons in ML and never saw a 5000 salary player and the contract renew bug never appeared.

Maybe you guys should check the US version of the game. If i'm not mistaken it was released later and these bugs on ML seems to be fixed

This is really interesting to hear, thanks for sharing. :)

A couple of questions to any that may know?

1. Is it possible to ‘copy and paste‘ my AFS file / map onto the US ISO file and also convert my Option File to the US version?
2. If so, will it work on my EU PS2 with FreeMcBoot installed?

I would like to see a YES to both of these questions please :D

Last edited:

Sorry to double quote, but do you happen to know if it affects the game when transfer frequency is set to normal? And also if on normal, are there still transfers or is it like PES5 where there is basically no transfers?

This is really interesting to hear, thanks for sharing. :)

A couple of questions to any that may know?

1. Is it possible to ‘copy and paste‘ my AFS file / map onto the US ISO file and also convert my Option File to the US version?
2. If so, will it work on my EU PS2 with FreeMcBoot installed?

I would like to see a YES to both of these questions please :D

1) As for the AFS map i don't know. But for the OF, the previous versions of the PES Editor were able to open any versions of the OF, so you could easily convert an EU OF onto US OF and vice versa. But the PES Editor 2008 has two versions. One for EU games and another for the US version, so we can't open both OFs at the same time to convert. If anyone can merge the two versions of the PES Editor 2008 maybe it will be very easy to convert. Since I have both versions, I'll leave here in case anyone wants to try it :P

2) I believe it does work.

Sorry to double quote, but do you happen to know if it affects the game when transfer frequency is set to normal? And also if on normal, are there still transfers or is it like PES5 where there is basically no transfers?

If I remember correctly, the contract renewal only affects high transfer frequency.

Also, got to notice... geeee your 22/23 patch is awesome! Great job!

Attachments

• PES_Editor_2008-1.zip
    216.2 KB · Views: 2
  • PES_Editor_2008-1US.zip
    215.9 KB · Views: 3
1) As for the AFS map i don't know. But for the OF, the previous versions of the PES Editor were able to open any versions of the OF, so you could easily convert an EU OF onto US OF and vice versa. But the PES Editor 2008 has two versions. One for EU games and another for the US version, so we can't open both OFs at the same time to convert. If anyone can merge the two versions of the PES Editor 2008 maybe it will be very easy to convert. Since I have both versions, I'll leave here in case anyone wants to try it :P

2) I believe it does work.

If I remember correctly, the contract renewal only affects high transfer frequency.

Also, got to notice... geeee your 22/23 patch is awesome! Great job!

Thanks for all the info it is really appreciated.

I am thinking that I may start another ML on Normal Transfer Frequency and see what happens.

If I remember, you don’t really get that many transfers but if it fixes the contract renewal bug and hopefully the 5000 bug then it will be worth it.

Regarding the new 2022/23 patch thanks for your comments. I just wish I had done it on the US version. :D

i remember that both option files have a small differences, i will check it later probably to make a faster converter, not sure if it was something related to quantity of players... if thats the case is not gonna be possible probably, @geeeeee as for the afs, you may need to download the us version and check the quantity of files, probably there's a small shift number but can be fixed

Thanks for all the info it is really appreciated.

I am thinking that I may start another ML on Normal Transfer Frequency and see what happens.

If I remember, you don’t really get that many transfers but if it fixes the contract renewal bug and hopefully the 5000 bug then it will be worth it.

Regarding the new 2022/23 patch thanks for your comments. I just wish I had done it on the US version. :D
Well... you're still in time for the 23/24 season... :DD

After getting a 9.0 I wanted to see if it was possible (I don't recall ever getting a 10 before) and Ronaldo did it and got a 10, Derby are awful in 2008. (this took a few attempts)

Ronnie.jpg

Last edited:
I'm currently working on a new version of my OF.

Initially, I wanted to add the 1. Bundesliga in Other League C but due to the 5000 salary issue, I decided to go another direction and not add teams that are not intended to be used in Master League.

I've decided to add the 15 teams from J2 League of 2008 + the 3 promoted teams that were promoted from J2 League to J1 League for the 2008 season.
The reason I went with J2 instead of the 18 teams from J1 is that I wanted teams with worse stats.

I've taken all the stats and information from J.League Winning Eleven 2008 Club Championship.

I'll post here regular previews based on my progress. The first preview contain the team Consadole Sapporo completely done. By completely done, I mean :
- Kits (incl. emblem + technical sponsor)
- Correct stadium assigned
- 23 players created (player stats, appareances, growth curves, ...)
- Squad numbers assigned
- Formation (game plan, starting eleven, captain, pk taker, ...)

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

What is funny is that none of these players have a 5000 salary and most of them have a salary of exactly 350.

For those who want to have a peek, I'm attaching this first preview.

Next team will be Tokyo Verdy.

Attachments

• PS2 PES 2008 Juventino OF v2 Unlocked Preview 1.zip
    639.6 KB · Views: 4
I'm currently working on a new version of my OF.

Initially, I wanted to add the 1. Bundesliga in Other League C but due to the 5000 salary issue, I decided to go another direction and not add teams that are not intended to be used in Master League.

I've decided to add the 15 teams from J2 League of 2008 + the 3 promoted teams that were promoted from J2 League to J1 League for the 2008 season.
The reason I went with J2 instead of the 18 teams from J1 is that I wanted teams with worse stats.

I've taken all the stats and information from J.League Winning Eleven 2008 Club Championship.

I'll post here regular previews based on my progress. The first preview contain the team Consadole Sapporo completely done. By completely done, I mean :
- Kits (incl. emblem + technical sponsor)
- Correct stadium assigned
- 23 players created (player stats, appareances, growth curves, ...)
- Squad numbers assigned
- Formation (game plan, starting eleven, captain, pk taker, ...)

View attachment 213554

View attachment 213555

View attachment 213556

View attachment 213557

View attachment 213558

What is funny is that none of these players have a 5000 salary and most of them have a salary of exactly 350.

For those who want to have a peek, I'm attaching this first preview.

Next team will be Tokyo Verdy.

Well done with the beginnings of your new project. :)

Regarding the 350 points, I am sorry to point out that this is another bug from Konami. All Japanese and South Korean players are valued at 350 points. The workaround is changing their Nationality to ‘No Nationality’.

Sorry to have to tell you that. :(

Does anybody have any tips on playing this game?

I am playing ML and i am struggling so much. Playing as Huddersfield with their players (not default ML).

This is where i need help:

1. How to make my player move to the ball? Sometimes he stands there waiting for the ball to come to him, by that time the CPU nicks the ball.
  2. How to win headers better when defending corner? The CPU wins them 99% of the time.
  3. When we do win the header, how to stop it constantly falling to their player on the edge of the box? That is really frustrating because when we have the same scenario at their end, we never have any players on the edge of the box when they header the ball out from a corner.
  4. Any formations and tactics would help a great deal. I was playing 4-4-2, one DM, one AM, 2 SMFs out wide and high up the pitch. It was working ok but sometimes the CPU adapts to my play and makes it so difficult.
So far in the league I have played 11 games and conceded about 25 and scored about 6. We are really poor, and it is getting frustrating.

Any help will be appreciated. :)

Back
Top Bottom